Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That’s gorgeous, Andria. I can’t really figure out how to order form AHD. I’m not sure of the size. I guess I have to get a ruler.

That sparkle looks excellent. Enjoy!

What tank are you thinking of ordering a drip tip for?

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
here something stupid but yet kinda fun and intresting thing we did.

i bought few marlboro flavored e-juice, went to friends vape store, and few ppl were there. when we started trying some of my juice and compared it with their juice. then somehow we all decided and agree to pack of marlboros in which the juice flavors were as well as other brands.

so for the remaining afternoon a few us were smoking cigs and vaping, while trying to see how close flavors match the real thing. it was kinda intresting but really a waste (well for me at least)cuz i just bought a pack and i barely smoke now. well unless i hand them out, but most ppl here dont smoke menthol unless your young. i dont really have the time to meet young ppl these days lol.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What tank are you thinking of ordering a drip tip for?

I use my Fire Luke Mesh the most, so I’d like to get a skinnier 810 for them, if possible.

Stuff really is getting harder to find. It’s like stores aren’t really bothering to stock up, but I guess they can’t afford it right now.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I use my Fire Luke Mesh the most, so I’d like to get a skinnier 810 for them, if possible.

Stuff really is getting harder to find. It’s like stores aren’t really bothering to stock up, but I guess they can’t afford it right now.

I'll send you a PM a little later. Rhonda's shape #11 works well on the Fireluke Mesh, and it's a little skinnier than the tip that comes from the factory. Just depends whether you like the shape. But you would need to order one of the 810 (RDA) styles so the base will fit. Take a look at the "Shapes" page on her site.

If you're going to use an 810-to-510 adapter, you could order the 510 styles, but you might find them too restrictive for the Fireluke. Just depends what you like. You might want to try a less expensive 510 drip tip first and see how it is.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I just cleaned some 100 ml bottles to do some mixing. Then I thought maybe I should order some more from ebay.
:eek: They have gone from $14 free delivery for 20 to $30 plus $5 delivery. So thought I'd see how many other things have jumped since our covid lockdown. Almost everything I usually buy on ebay has increased. The few shops I get things from are ok other than a bit of a rise in vg and pg, but ebay things have doubled and trippled. Was to be expected I guess.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I just cleaned some 100 ml bottles to do some mixing. Then I thought maybe I should order some more from ebay.
:eek: They have gone from $14 free delivery for 20 to $30 plus $5 delivery. So thought I'd see how many other things have jumped since our covid lockdown. Almost everything I usually buy on ebay has increased. The few shops I get things from are ok other than a bit of a rise in vg and pg, but ebay things have doubled and trippled. Was to be expected I guess.

many years ago, ebay was the "go to". now, you go there when no one else has it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sad but true

Yesterday, I cleaned, dry fired and rewicked my squonker and a couple of RTAs

Today, I did some mixing - am trying some flavors I've had for 2 years or more and never opened, lol

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you look around you can find 100 mil chubby gorilla bottles for a buck apiece. Or less sometimes.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That’s gorgeous, Andria. I can’t really figure out how to order form AHD. I’m not sure of the size. I guess I have to get a ruler.

That sparkle looks excellent. Enjoy!

Yeah I measured my favorites, the acrylic Mings, and they're between 3/4" and 1"... so, I order 3/4". I'm very peculiar in liking a tight draw, but the internal part of her 510 DTs is 5.2mm, all the same... but i still prefer a slender feel, so I order both '"skinnier" and "minimal tip flair", and they're quite slim. Of course, if you order one of the fatter kind, like 810 or whatever, that's all moot.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sad but true

Yesterday, I cleaned, dry fired and rewicked my squonker and a couple of RTAs

Today, I did some mixing - am trying some flavors I've had for 2 years or more and never opened, lol

I've got a bunch of flavors I've never tried. Now that I have some new bottles, maybe I need to do some experimenting. :D

Andria

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you look around you can find 100 mil chubby gorilla bottles for a buck apiece. Or less sometimes.
Eightvape had them for $0.25 last week. I got a dozen of every Chubby Gorilla they had. Not sure what's left over there now though. I've got a bin full of DIY bottles. What I always run out of (or dirty) is the little 10ml bottles. I'm probably going to order a few hundred more. I dread washing those little buggers.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
MyVPro got more Synthwave Aegis Legends so I ordered one of them. I missed out last time and regretted it. Yay for me! :D it was 15% off best sellers, code: Best15

What are they asking for those? My son got one and i kinda like it, but his is all banged up to hell and back, my mods NEVER look like that! :giggle: So if I want one, i gotta buy my own! that's why i had to buy a 2nd Aegis solo, he "borrowed" mine and I knew it would be all dinged up PRONTO, so I just ordered another and told him to keep the one he had! :giggle:

Andria

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are they asking for those? My son got one and i kinda like it, but his is all banged up to hell and back, my mods NEVER look like that! :giggle: So if I want one, i gotta buy my own! that's why i had to buy a 2nd Aegis solo, he "borrowed" mine and I knew it would be all dinged up PRONTO, so I just ordered another and told him to keep the one he had! :giggle:

Andria
They can take a beating. Aren't you more of a smaller device user though Andria?

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Two iJoy Avenger tanks, one stainless and one rainbow, arrived from WetVapes today. I built the RBAs for them and loaded them up.

Wish I'd tried one of these tanks a long time ago. I'd have a bunch of them, and would not have some of the other models that I have. I like them better than quite a few of my other tanks.

The biggest drawback so far has been the screws in the RBA. They are super tiny. Had to get one of my hubbs' precision screwdrivers (about 1.5mm I think) because all the ones I had were too big.

(They didn't come with RBAs - I already bought those from IVS, I think it was.)

Didn't get the black, got the other two. Especially love the stainless, it has a very nice brushed finish.

breazy2584339611768_400x400.jpg

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They can take a beating. Aren't you more of a smaller device user though Andria?

Yeah, usually, though not the super-tiny ones; I like the kinda medium-sized ones, I guess. But I know the Legend is a two-batt mod, and on the rare occasions that I need to be away from home for the whole day, at 10w, I'm thinking I wouldn't need to even THINK about battery life for the entire day. And hey, it's an Aegis; it's nearly indestructible, and damn nice looking, too. :) I like the original Aegis's, and they're pretty big, but only a single-batt mod, and not the most efficient single-batt mods I have -- those would be my library of MiniBooks. :)

Andria

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Two iJoy Avenger tanks, one stainless and one rainbow, arrived from WetVapes today. I built the RBAs for them and loaded them up.

Wish I'd tried one of these tanks a long time ago. I'd have a bunch of them, and would not have some of the other models that I have. I like them better than quite a few of my other tanks.

The biggest drawback so far has been the screws in the RBA. They are super tiny. Had to get one of my hubbs' precision screwdrivers (about 1.5mm I think) because all the ones I had were too big.

Didn't get the black, got the other two. Especially love the stainless, it has a very nice brushed finish.

I never got into any of the newer Ijoy tanks. I got a Captain subohm tank when it came out and didn't care for it. I didn't get anything newer after that.

Are you using the postless decks? I try to see what those RBAs look like and get two pictures. Postless deck and another from what looks like Russian sites. The other one looks like the Captain Elite decks.

146407.ijoy-captain-x3-rba---obsluzhivaemaya-baza.970.jpg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I mixed 4 × 100ml bottles today. Set a record and did it in 50 minutes :D
Did a coffee cookie one, Rasperry Lemonade, Blackcurrant cookie and tried a new one of Sugar Cookie, brown sugar, caramel and marshmallow. Never used brown sugar before. Now the waiting game for a month to try it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I never got into any of the newer Ijoy tanks. I got a Captain subohm tank when it came out and didn't care for it. I didn't get anything newer after that.

Are you using the postless decks? I try to see what those RBAs look like and get two pictures. Postless deck and another from what looks like Russian sites. The other one looks like the Captain Elite decks.

146407.ijoy-captain-x3-rba---obsluzhivaemaya-baza.970.jpg

The X3 RBA is the one I'm using, so yes, like the one you pictured. Those come in packs of 3, like regular coils. Fit the Captain X3 and the Avenger tanks.

I know there's a different type of deck that fits the Captain Elite sub-ohm tank. I got one of those in a kit, so I ordered the Elite rebuildable deck from myVpro. It truly was a screw-in deck, not an RBA.

Sometimes it gets confusing with iJoy atomizers, seems like they have come up with every kind of deck under the sun over time, a lot of them interchangeable and non-standard, kinda like the pre-built-rewickable-coil replaceable decks that GV used for the Eagle tank. iJoy's SRDA uses those, and I think there are a couple of tanks that use them, too.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes it gets confusing with iJoy atomizers, seems like they have come up with every kind of deck under the sun over time,
I can't remember who it was that had them now, but I bought Ijoy decks for tanks I don't even have. I think they were a dollar each. Just in case the matching tanks show up somewhere for super cheap too.

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well i spent more money is what i did...Pre ordered the new Lost Vape Centarus 250c with the pear fish grip and red stabwood panels in gunmetal...just a tick less than 150 shipped on pre order...Im guessing two months or longer till i get this in my hands..sigh.
Screenshot_2020-05-03-14-47-35.png

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For shits and grins I bought 2 Noisy Crickets since the price was soooo good. I also bought 2 Fat Daddy upgrade kits and the rocker bar for the NC. I got red and blue to go with the black and silver I've had for a long time with the Fad Daddy upgrades. You guys are a bunch of enablers...:D

I also refilled some squonks and changed the batteries with fresh off the charger ones. This is a normal everyday thing since I just squonk and drip. I haven't used a tank in years...

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For shits and grins I bought 2 Noisy Crickets since the price was soooo good. I also bought 2 Fat Daddy upgrade kits and the rocker bar for the NC. I got red and blue to go with the black and silver I've had for a long time with the Fad Daddy upgrades. You guys are a bunch of enablers...:D

I also refilled some squonks and changed the batteries with fresh off the charger ones. This is a normal everyday thing since I just squonk and drip. I haven't used a tank in years...
I feel like I should get a FD upgrade kit for my NC...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor

Did you get them from Roadside for $2? I'm asking because the ad I got said 1 per customer.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Let’s seeeeee......I didn’t do much. Charged batteries(surprise). Mixed up a bit of juice. Managed to not spend anything, for now. Lol!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pulled the trigger on a bronze kroma-r, been eyeing it for a little bit but holding off due to high price release, less than $40 was a go for me :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rewrapped some 30T's. Method = hair dryer / glove. Gotta keep the heat going for a min or so to get it tight. Got hot as hell even through the glove. Turned out decent I guess. My first rewraps that were not 18650sView attachment 160084 View attachment 160085

Looks like a good wrap job to me.

Same with the glove. I use a heat gun, does not take long in the heat but too hot for the finners.
I kinda figure a bit hotter temp for a shorter time will let less head migrate into the cell being wrapped.

But whadda I know?
I do know that it works that way soldering electronic components.

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Looks like a good wrap job to me.

Same with the glove. I use a heat gun, does not take long in the heat but too hot for the finners.
I kinda figure a bit hotter temp for a shorter time will let less head migrate into the cell being wrapped.

But whadda I know?
I do know that it works that way soldering electronic components.
Ended up rewrapping 7 21700's. The hair dryer works great but damn you have to put the heat on (for these wraps anyways) about a minute a pop to get all the wrinkles gone and wraps taught. I'm definitely interested in how a heat gun would do the job

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Ended up rewrapping 7 21700's. The hair dryer works great but damn you have to put the heat on (for these wraps anyways) about a minute a pop to get all the wrinkles gone and wraps taught. I'm definitely interested in how a heat gun would do the job
I wish I could remember where someone posted an inexpensive heat gun on Amazon that works great for wrapping. I want to say it was like $10 or so.

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I wish I could remember where someone posted an inexpensive heat gun on Amazon that works great for wrapping. I want to say it was like $10 or so.
I'd be interested for future wrapping endeavors no doubt if you do recall at some point Don

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
There's a Harbor Freight in town. I'll grab one. That place is the best for cheap ass decent tools for sure. I've bought a lot of shit from them in a pinch. Thanks for the suggestion Jinxd

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I read this today. apparently not all of the FDA is fully occupied with the virus.
https://vaping360.com/vape-news/89875/fda-tells-uwell-to-remove-the-caliburn-from-the-market/

Posted this in the Ban this forum but not all people may watch that thread so...
Apologies if anyone is offended but it is something I think vapers should know.
I think a lot of things in vaping are not doing the whole "Vaping - Smoking Cessation" idea of things any favours with so much childish immature imagery to be honest.
Unfortunately they go and lump it all in one basket, the mature with the childish. Unfortunately the childish attracts a lot of negative attention. Imagine the arguments against Vaping that they "would not have" if the vaping industry woke up and dumped the childish. I see vape reviewers with background props that look like toy shops, vape juices that look like childrens candy packets, and often I get emails from shops that are so childish its ridiculous! Is it any wonder they draw fire against vaping. I have seen pleading videos of vapers and reviewers saying "how can they be doing this" yet with a bunch of toys behind them that would look more at home in a 10 year olds bedroom!
Yeah we all like a bit of fun and if someone likes collecting toys or whatever, I dont care about that, but for crying out loud, adult up a bit and stop projecting such immature childish imagery and personas.
I cant blame then for puttting some of these in their crosshairs.

"Other products cited in Monday’s warning letters include e-liquid with cartoon and candy-inspired labels, another wristwatch mod, VOOPOO’s fidget spinner pod vape, a mod that resembles a Nintendo Game Boy, and a hoodie and backpack designed to allow stealth vaping through hidden hoses."

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rewicked a couple atties, then decided I needed some more of my fave VV Superfine MTL SS316 wire.
Got sucked into a couple of sRDA while I was at it. :D

3f_order_may-03-2020.jpg

Never tried these two before, but they were cheap enough and looked interesting. I do love my sqounking RDTAs. :)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

You "inspired" me to order an Avenger tank and a RBA for it. I did a little research and found another tank I want but might have missed the boat. It comes with the Diamond PD270 kit and is called the Captain X3-S. I want the Blue one. It's not as big as the larger Captain X3 tanks.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You "inspired" me to order an Avenger tank and a RBA for it. I did a little research and found another tank I want but might have missed the boat. It comes with the Diamond PD270 kit and is called the Captain X3-S. I want the Blue one. It's not as big as the larger Captain X3 tanks.

I wish I had ordered more than one of the stainless Avenger tanks. I absolutely love the finish on it. It goes perfectly with the iJoy Shogun mod I got a few months ago, and another one would be perfect on the marble Luxe-S. I'm sure I'll talk myself into ordering another one before Wetvapes sells them out - the voice in my head is working on me hard already. :) Know what I mean? lol

It's absolutely beautiful brushed stainless. My favorite finish, actually.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wish I had ordered more than one of the stainless Avenger tanks. I absolutely love the finish on it. It goes perfectly with the iJoy Shogun mod I got a few months ago, and another one would be perfect on the marble Luxe-S. I'm sure I'll talk myself into ordering another one before Wetvapes sells them out - the voice in my head is working on me hard already. :) Know what I mean? lol

It's absolutely beautiful brushed stainless. My favorite finish, actually.
Not long ago, I saw Avenger tanks for $2.99 on Cheap Vaping Deals promotion site. I thought to myself, naw I don't need any of those. I wish I had ordered some. I think it was Sourcemore in China and they usually charge a lot for shipping. It would still be a good deal though probably.

It looks like a lot of Ijoy tanks use the same coils. Katana, Captain X3 & X3S, Avenger, and probably a couple more. If you ever stumble across a blue Captain X3S can you please let me know? By itself or with the Diamond PD270 kit, it doesn't matter. I'd like to get one.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not long ago, I saw Avenger tanks for $2.99 on Cheap Vaping Deals promotion site. I thought to myself, naw I don't need any of those. I wish I had ordered some. I think it was Sourcemore in China and they usually charge a lot for shipping. It would still be a good deal though probably.

It looks like a lot of Ijoy tanks use the same coils. Katana, Captain X3 & X3S, Avenger, and probably a couple more. If you ever stumble across a blue Captain X3S can you please let me know? By itself or with the Diamond PD270 kit, it doesn't matter. I'd like to get one.

I will do that, absolutely.

I thought Wetvapes had the Avenger tanks for $2.99 at one time, but by the time I decided to actually buy one, they were $17.99. I might just be remembering wrong. Hadn't realized until very recently that the RBAs fit the Avenger. I don't know how you keep up with all this stuff, glass that fits this or that, RBAs that fit this or that, interchangeable coils, it just makes my head spin.

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rewicked a couple atties, then decided I needed some more of my fave VV Superfine MTL SS316 wire.
Got sucked into a couple of sRDA while I was at it. :D

View attachment 160101

Never tried these two before, but they were cheap enough and looked interesting. I do love my sqounking RDTAs. :)

Ive got that Haku rdta coming also...cant wait to see how it does...if the 22mm does good ill pick up the 24mm next.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ive got that Haku rdta coming also...cant wait to see how it does...if the 22mm does good ill pick up the 24mm next.

Yeah, I went looking for some more of my fave...the Alliancetech Flave Tank. They have all but vanished or are crazy pricey authentics.
So, I looked for alternatives. These both seem pretty likely to fill the spot. :)

VU Sponsors