Become a Patron!

What kind of deck do you prefer to build on?

What kind of deck do you prefer?

• Three post (The old school)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Three post with center block (Mutation X V3, etc.)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Two post (Non-Velocity, think Phenotype-L style)

• Two post (Velocity style)

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Dual block (TM Squared, MF 30mm, etc.)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Clamps (Goon, etc.)

• Old school genny style (Nuts, neg screw, etc.)

• Postless (Hannya, etc.)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Series configuration decks (Modfather Series deck, UWell Rafale-X, etc.)

• Octoblock or multi-post (3+ posts) decks

• Old school RTA-style catch screw deck (Kayfuns, Billow V1, etc.)

• Other (Unlisted)

• Total voters

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
A recent discussion elsewhere prompted me to begin thinking of all the different decks I've built on and how some of them were easier, more fun, offered more performance and etc. So I figured I'd make a poll thread on the question with all the deck options that are available today and see what people liked best. If I forgot anything, I apologize but there's so many deck styles out now it's a bit hard to keep up.

If I had to wager a guess, I would say the winner will likely be postless or two post velocity style, but I guess I'll let the poll answer that question for me.

My personal choice would be the dual block style deck you see on the TM squared and Modfather RTA.

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love the clamp style on the Goon. But the "T" style 3 posts are up there. I'm looking forward to a getting a postless deck.

I still don't have anything with a velocity style either despite their popularity. Looking forward to that one too.

"Some people call me a redneck, and some people call me a hick, some people call me an asshole, and some people call me just dick. I'm a hellbilly."

HellbillyRJ

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've have built on 3 post, 3 post center block, and catch screw decks, and Velocity decks, and I have to say I prefer the velocity over the others. I can't speak for the other choices since I've never owned an atty with them.

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only have an old school and a velocity style. I prefer the velocity out of the two styles.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smaller ones..... for vaping pleasure... bigger ones for ease of build.

Post style is a Meh issue for me. Preference being more based on wire size than anything else.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Velocity style. I don't build alot but when I do I want it to be an easy process. Also you can build vertical coils easier if that's your thing.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Using mostly clamp decks these days (Goon, Pharaoh, Shuriken..), but I'm still totally fine with Velocity style.

For RTAs I would go with postless, to conserve space and have the ability to use bigger coils.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My preferred styles are in order
  • Series
  • Postless
  • Velocity
  • two post

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Baal V4 style deck though is rapidly becoming my favorite deck though. The air hits the coil then hits the wall and then directly up, the flavor is killer.

Baal V4

baal-v4-style-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer-black-stainless-steel-24mm-diameter.jpg

I've also got the Monarch that the deck is similar and excellent flavor also -

5(8).jpg

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Velocity style has the clear lead I figured it would, but it's winning harder than I thought. I figured it would be neck and neck with velocity and postless, then at the end one would overtake the other. Looking like velocity style is gonna win.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The Baal V4 style deck though is rapidly becoming my favorite deck though. The air hits the coil then hits the wall and then directly up, the flavor is killer.

Baal V4

baal-v4-style-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer-black-stainless-steel-24mm-diameter.jpg

I've also got the Monarch that the deck is similar and excellent flavor also -

5(8).jpg

Sort of a dual-block, velocity style hybrid. Seems cool.

stmtpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Velocity style has the clear lead I figured it would, but it's winning harder than I thought. I figured it would be neck and neck with velocity and postless, then at the end one would overtake the other. Looking like velocity style is gonna win.

I don't have a postless but if I did, i could see myself changing my vote. :) My uneducated opinion is the less metal the better for cooling. Just seems logical but could be wrong.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sort of a dual-block, velocity style hybrid. Seems cool.
Yeah I'm really liking it. I love the Baal V4, the performance and flavor is outstanding. The Monarch I'm really enjoying it also but have only put on build in it so far and I need to mess about with it with a few other builds to get a good opinion on it. But so far I really am enjoying this style of deck.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah I'm really liking it. I love the Baal V4, the performance and flavor is outstanding. The Monarch I'm really enjoying it also but have only put on build in it so far and I need to mess about with it with a few other builds to get a good opinion on it. But so far I really am enjoying this style of deck.

Reminds me of the Billow V3 Plus and Inde Duo, they had that same type of deck almost.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Really depends on my goal. It was hard for me to pick "clamp" since there were many styles of them. For instance the aeronaut was bad, the goon is ok but the pharaoh is amazing and my favority to build on for sure. Postless and velocity are both great and you can never go wrong with either of them. If i had to list it would be
1) Pharaoh (aka spring loaded huge clamps with center screw)
2) Postless
3) Velocity (2 post 2 big holes per post)

So many build decks out there I like though. The lynx is another good one, since it's 2 post like the goon but 1 center screw and spring loaded. makes it much easier to build on then the goon style. the navigator is another good unique one. postless negative and a positive thats a clamp/screw down type

Mista Malice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Voted Clamps (Goon, Apocalypse, Unholy) because they can fit Big Builds or Small Builds as well. Two Post (Doube Vision, Skill, Seminole) decks are my next favorite for the simplicity.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Clamps are alright, great for big fatty coils but just alright for others. That is other than the Hadaly, that clamp system is excellent. What I don't like about the Goon style is they have a tendency to bend. I actually prefer the Twisted Mess's over the clamp style

VU Sponsors