Become a Patron!

What song are you playing right now?

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Lotsa beat and sample-driven stuff in my roto lately. Experimental hip-hop is a blast to pump through headphones with good sub-bass. Something about the idea of curating samples that the casual listener would never find, chopping it, and flipping it into a completely new, standalone creation is just really cool to me.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
for how chill he generally is, this dude goes hard. This shit is mental.

My one problem with Logic used to be that his music just seemed to be lacking something visceral and genuine. He spits venom, indisputably. It just never got to me, save for a few catchy, more banger-like tracks. It's almost like there just wasn't any sense of individuality. It was only after I heard The Incredible True Story that I really started fucking with him, which is strange because now that I'm into it, I listen to Young Sinatra: Undeniable and Under Pressure the most.

He's a mainstream rapper, so its easy to compare him to other mainstream rappers, but he still stands out to me more when placed among the likes of Kendrick, J. Cole, Drake, and so on. Dude's onto something really, really good. One of these days, he's gonna drop an album or mixtape for the rap history books.

Tom_Pulliam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Lotsa beat and sample-driven stuff in my roto lately. Experimental hip-hop is a blast to pump through headphones with good sub-bass. Something about the idea of curating samples that the casual listener would never find, chopping it, and flipping it into a completely new, standalone creation is just really cool to me.
Interesting stuff

Hypnophone

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
HOWDY THERE! Mr Tom, Mr Hazy, RobotZ, and MrScaryZ.

I present to you, the first recording ever to use "flanging":

1959:

Hypnophone

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Eventually, somebody figured out that "Flanging" made audio sound like it was "3-D".....

Hypnophone

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It ain't Frank. Nothing will ever be Frank.
At least Jr has the talent and balls to do this:
He Had the best teacher on the planet....

JahmezOkieDokie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
tumblr_mmb5lo5FRz1rmo35po1_500.gif

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're a hip-hop fan or just a fan of sample-driven music in general and you haven't heard this album, then you need to hear this now. This is one of a handful of albums that completely changed everything about how hip-hop instrumentals were conceived back in the mid-late 90's. It's influence on modern hip-hop is so prevalent that a lot of people these days don't realize that a lot of it started with this record.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Used to be a big fan of the progressive metal supergroup that he's a member of. Back then, I didn't even know who the guy was. Nowadays, I could care less about the band (they're the Wonderbread of what they do) - I just want to hear more of this guy's super-crisp, super-lush, super-chill, cyberpunk-utopian electronic music. The band occasionally has these really nice little electronic breakaways that I've always loved about them. Little did I know the guy behind them has produced two whole albums of it. He's come a long way since he started off, too.

Isometric
, the album this is off of plays on repeat when I'm twisting up claptons, wrapping coils, and taking care of all of my vape stuff. It's the best general background music. Calms me down and helps me focus.

Last edited:

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My rap-listening friends think I listen to weird music. Pretty sure it confuses them cuz its like trap, only it's not following any of the guidelines in the trap handbook. IDK I think this shit goes hard. If I had my way, they'd play this on the local rap station. I like creative beats and this is oh so fresh to my ears. This kid's music is packed full of shit nobody's ever heard before. It's super-weird, for sure... ...for sure...

Like... ...wuuut? This shit is so cool to me.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors