Become a Patron!

Whats the best sub-ohm tank currently available?

cwanner73

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Qualifications: Must be able to handle a minimum of 50 watts, must have massive airflow, must be able to chuck clouds, and must produce great flavor. Cheap coils would be a plus.

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Crown or TFV4

vaportester

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Uwell's Crown if you want prebuild coils. The RBA is a bit wonky imo. If you want a rebuildable one I would recomend the subtank by kangertech.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Uwell Crown. I was a kanger fanboi for a while.....then I got my crown. The crown is just awesome.

scotterics

Member For 4 Years
Uwell's Crown if you want prebuild coils. The RBA is a bit wonky imo. If you want a rebuildable one I would recomend the subtank by kangertech.
Define "wonky"
I was thinking about picking up one of these but if the RBA section is shit it's worthless to me

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i think the rba section works fine on it. Its almost exactly like the rba for the subtank with better airflow. I did ream out the juice slots a bit and that made a decent positive difference in the way it works

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Go read the 40 pages of the "subtank wars" thread. It's all in there. I'm not that guy that says "Google is your friend". Buy you are not going to get a different answer here than the volumes already available on a "best subtank" search.

All the top tanks out kick ass over the last gen tanks. Kanger has been left behind. Triton, Herkels, Starre, Silo are all top notch. The TVF4 and Crown are getting all the buzz these days. Seems they are pretty equal on quality of vape. Seems to me the Smok appeals to a certain segment. The Crown simply can't be beat for now. The RBA is an RBA. Holes, posts, screws. What's to talk about? The stock coils are so damn good, last long, and are cheap there isn't much point. For the price of tanks today and what you get, buy a couple and see which one you like best.

cwanner73

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Right now using the Maganus by Vapeston (same as the Starre). How does the UWell Crown compare as far as vapor production and airflow?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right now using the Maganus by Vapeston (same as the Starre). How does the UWell Crown compare as far as vapor production and airflow?
The Crown has more airflow and vapor production than the Maganus seen here on the IPVD2 with the .5 coil..I have the Crown with the .25 ss coil on the IPV4's, with dual batts having the power them at 65w or so all day long (and then some) on a single charge...the Crown is killer on all counts..best tank I've vaped yet..simply awesome!
e91cf3f3d7cb2c153d7afa7b00b922ef.jpg

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

TRAPstar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
TFv4/Crown, Starre FreeMax (Magnus) in order of preference.

personally i have the freemax and it chucks BUT the QC (quality control) on the coils (BTDC style) is very loose, meaning one coil might be the amazing but the next might suck. that being said the bottom turbine dual coils are easy to rebuild and re-wick as long as you are a moderate/advanced builder (not super hard, but not as easy as building for an RDA)

Personally im getting the TFv4 because it suits ME.

My advice? Go TEST TEST TEST!!!!

EVERYTHING in life especially vaping is subjective, i mean heck most people laugh at Ego Ones, Kaiser RTAs, and Fogger RTAs but thats my wifes favorite combination, she loves her Kaiser RTA w/ single .8 coild on her Ego One mod! Myself on the other hand i like good flavor with massive clouds at 100w plus so i need massive airflow and juice flow.

TFv4 has a fanboy following already and some criticize for that, same with the crown but its just like anything else...playstation vs. xbox, ford vs. chevy....etc

condensed version: Try different tanks for yourself don't rely on anybody else's subjective opinion, take our suggestions and go out to try for yourself...or not i wouldn't trust myself either I mean i am just a show host in a bear suit anyhow.... ;)

TRAPstar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@TRAPstar get the maganus coils for your starre

ive had 0 issues with the coils. all work great out of the package.
Ill try that! ive been rebuilding them and occasionally using an atlantis coil...i just need to order the atlantis aftermarket RBA and be done with premades on my freemax

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ill try that! ive been rebuilding them and occasionally using an atlantis coil...i just need to order the atlantis aftermarket RBA and be done with premades on my freemax

no
no
no
no

the premade coils from the maganus are what you need

the are dual parrallel vertical coils. and teh way they pack the cotton is awesome

Ive come close to rebuilding the coil and gotten close. But i suck at coils

with the rba deck trying to replicate tha may be possible, but why

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
So it looks like the "general" consensus is still the Crown, followed closely by the TFV4 ... or maybe vice versa ... LOL!

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the crown wins 30-90 watts and TFV4 wins 90 watts and above from my research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my Crown about 3 weeks ago or so and I LOVE this thing. I have tested all of the coils so far except for the 1.2 ohm coil and found that I prefer the .5 ohm ss single coil myself. It has GREAT flavor and good cloud production, especially for a single coil. Highly recommend this tank for all. Even those like me that like temp control. This tank is worth every penny and I intend on buying another when I buy my Smok x cube 2.

Hope this can help someone, this is my first post on here.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tfv4 for me. fat dense clouds, SS clapton coils really set it off, multiple coil options simple fill design looks more appealing than the crown as well. Better rba's (3) also they're releasing "the beast" kit for it soon which is quad clapton coil head, and a triple rba deck which also fits claptons Its a win win tank all around.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMO, its the Herakles Plus with the Crown in a very close second. I've had the Herakles for a few weeks now and the coils are holding up great. Coils are around or under $15 for 5 packs and If they all work as well as the ones I have now, it's well worth the cost. The flavor and vapor production are outstanding with both the SS and kanthal coils. Also, if you like an airy tank, this tank has air to spare. Sense is putting out a little mini tank called the Mermaid that takes the same coils so I'm really looking forward to that.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking of trying the TFV4 before too long, but considering the Cleito too. Just wish they had more coils for it.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Crown, TFV4 full size and Mini, Herk Plus, OBS T-VCT, Mutank and a couple of other older sub ohm tanks that I am sure a bunch of you already own. The Stentorian Steam Engine may be the best of the bunch though, 6ml juice capacity at only 22mm, airflow that matches the Crown and flavor for days with the Clapton coil.

I still use all the tanks I mentioned daily, the OBS for the road, the Herk Plus for SS TC which is the best in that application and the others at home. But for flavor the Steam engine with the clapton coil is hard to beat and it the looks and build quality are tops. The steam engine can chuck great clouds too without getting hot, I love it.

the Herk Plus with the SS coils in TC mode is great too, no complaints with that tank. If I had to give up all my tanks and only keep one then the Steam Engine would be it though.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Crown is by far my favorite. Awesome flavor, long lasting coils, great top fill design and $20 you really can't go wrong.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I only tried a handful
Herkales
Arctic
Kanger subtank
Atlantis v2
Arctic
Crown
The crown is my fav than the herkales in terms of flavor.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I only tried a handful
Herkales
Arctic
Kanger subtank
Atlantis v2
Arctic
Crown
The crown is my fav than the herkales in terms of flavor.

Try the Kanger with the new Atom coils. Makes a big difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm pissed now lol I gave my subtank away UGHHH I wanted someone to Vape who is sick and hoping she is vaping...& not smoking
This isn't first time I gave her stuff either

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm pissed now lol I gave my subtank away UGHHH I wanted someone to Vape who is sick and hoping she is vaping...& not smoking
This isn't first time I gave her stuff either

I just did the same thing! Sold my Subtank Plus, gave away my black one and only have one left. My friend that I gave mine to said if he didnt take to vaping (also gave him an istick) he would give it all back. If he does, I'll Pif it your way, just pick up shipping.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Gotcha lol I do hope he sticks it out! I gave one set up w a nautilus to my friend Donna when we were all out for my other friends birthday at harrahs pool, than another girlfriend whose sick it drive me Nuts seeing her smoke I set her up she better be vaping. I know she still vapes but also still smokes hopefully she makes it 100% especially since cigs are hurting her horrible (immune disease-- pnemonia can kill her)
Crazy world isn't it.
Donna however i believe is vaping part time to save $$ only not cause she wants to quit like I believed because every time I try putting her in a Vape group or asked how she is I got little enthusiasm.
however she had no problem showing up at my house at 10am for the set up and never came again ugh
I still will encourage everyone I care for to quit thou... The health affects it's done for me is wonders! I am stoked

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Best over all for me is the Herakles Plus right now. I have a Atlantis V2 and a Crown I just got today. Hearkles Plus is better than the Crown for me.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have no idea LOL
They are subjective from person to person but lately I'm hearing herkales plus and I believe it cause the herkales is an awesome Vape!
I'm using the crown right now and it's amazing.. Flavor galore

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no idea LOL
They are subjective from person to person but lately I'm hearing herkales plus and I believe it cause the herkales is an awesome Vape!
I'm using the crown right now and it's amazing.. Flavor galore

Yes indeed it's all subjective, that is so true, lol
I've had the Herkakes, Crown, Nautilus, Starre, Maganus, etc, etc and they all can't compare to the TFV4 triple coil, or the even better Griffin RTA with a dual 24g Nichrome build at .21 ohms.. (definitely sub ohm, lol) With the Griffin I don't have to buy those expensive replacement coils anymore, and it blows away all those subtanks in performance, and that' includes the mighty TFV4..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Best over all for me is the Herakles Plus right now. I have a Atlantis V2 and a Crown I just got today. Hearkles Plus is better than the Crown for me.

I hate replying to myself. But I just can't in all honestly pick a best or fav. tank of the three hitters I own. If your a parent it's like grading your children. You love them all. The over all differences between my three tanks and children are minimal.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate replying to myself. But I just can't in all honestly pick a best or fav. tank of the three hitters I own. If your a parent it's like grading your children. You love them all. The over all differences between my three tanks and children are minimal.
Lol
You can easily knock all three out of the park.. I don't know what you're expecting others to say about your tanks of choice..not trying to be rude there are other tanks that are much better "hitters"available..l came from RDA's and mech mods to subtanks and high powered VW mods because I enjoy good deep cloud blowin lung hits that I got from dripping..good hitting tanks I like today are the TFV4 and recently I'm really liking the Griffin RTA..but that's just me and my cloud blowin ways, lol

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol
You can easily knock all three out of the park.. I don't know what you're expecting others to say about your tanks of choice..not trying to be rude there are other tanks that are much better "hitters"available..l came from RDA's and mech mods to subtanks and high powered VW mods because I enjoy good deep cloud blowin lung hits that I got from dripping..good hitting tanks I like today are the TFV4 and recently I'm really liking the Griffin RTA..but that's just me and my cloud blowin ways, lol

The jest of the post was how do you choose a best now days? The products change so fast and the over all differences are very suttle. I'm not expecting anybody to say anything you fucking moron. Say hello to ignore!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The jest of the post was how do you choose a best now days? The products change so fast and the over all differences are very suttle. I'm not expecting anybody to say anything you fucking moron. Say hello to ignore!
Moron? Guess I've been called worse, but never for trying to help someone.. No worries, I won't be bothering you anymore.. Have a wonderful day!

Last edited:

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Today having a nice smooth morning Vape on my Arctic ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454594433.952360.jpg
yummmmmy!
Maidens Milk

I have most of the tanks mentioned above but the one I use most often now is the iJust2 tank. I know that sounds crazy but this thing has worked great from day one. But I don't use there coils I've replaced them with the Herkales coils that I bought from VaporWerksUSA. They fit the Ijust2 just like the Herkales coils do and these are the best coils I have ever used. best thing is they are made in the USA and last a hell of lot longer. I've been vaping at 45 watts on this coil for 45 days and counting and it chucks some very nice clouds and the flavour is great. Just my 2 cents.

I have most of the tanks mentioned above but the one I use most often now is the iJust2 tank. I know that sounds crazy but this thing has worked great from day one. But I don't use there coils I've replaced them with the Herkales coils that I bought from VaporWerksUSA. They fit the Ijust2 just like the Herkales coils do and these are the best coils I have ever used. best thing is they are made in the USA and last a hell of lot longer. I've been vaping at 45 watts on this coil for 45 days and counting and it chucks some very nice clouds and the flavour is great. Just my 2 cents.
I love my iJust2 just as much, great airflow and juice capacity. Better than my Triton2 (purely because of the 5.5ml capacity) and my Tvf4 micro. The iJust is compatible with so many coils it's ridiculous. I'm rocking it with some Vaperesso Ccell ceramic coils atm and it's a great dense flavourful vape. The Triton 0.4 ohm ss coils are great in there too, especially for temp control.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me:
#1) Griffin RTA... This tank blows away all my other tanks like the Starre, Maganus and Herkakes
#2) Smok TFV4, full kit..great clouds and flavor but replacement coils are a bit too pricy, especially after getting the Griffin.
#3) Uwell Crown.. A solid performer with the SS Japanese cotton .25 ohm coil..
But as a note I'll be getting into more RTA's like the awesome Griffin.. A spool of 24g Nichrome wire and a bag of organic cotton balls costs me less than $9 and lasts a long, long time..a box of Crown coils is around $20 and will have to be repurchased within a few months, if I'm lucky, lolol

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Crown is great. TFV4 is great with the octuple clapton coils but you need to be well upwards of 100W for them to really shine. Scylla may be better than the Crown.

VU Sponsors