Become a Patron!

What's the last Movie you saw?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Overboard (2018) Much better than I was expecting.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

johngrey

Member For 3 Years
Captain Marvel -better than Thor 2 or Captain America 1 and an OK marvel film which neither shines nor dulls the MCU with its presence. The story was weak but the cast did well with what they had, the humour was OK but there were quite a few "what, why'd they do that?" plot moments due to the story not being the best. Brie Larson was passable but her character has virtually no charisma on screen so if the MCU is going to use her as the "the lead" for post End-Game they need to find someone who can write for her better, like Whedon etc. The effects were up to the usual MCU quality for the 3rd act CGI-fest and the 90's music was cool but I found a lot of the 90's stuff "cooler" than it actually was in the film.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wife and I watched Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2 tonight. I'm ashamed that I'd never seen them.

Whichever one of those that had Kurt Russell... imagine my total shock when I saw him YOUNG AGAIN. My son explained the technology to me, but I bet Kurt wishes they could do that to his face in real life. :giggle:

Andria

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whichever one of those that had Kurt Russell... imagine my total shock when I saw him YOUNG AGAIN. My son explained the technology to me, but I bet Kurt wishes they could do that to his face in real life. :giggle:

Andria
It was part two. Sylvester Stalone is also in it, but his face is mostly plastic now.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It was part two. Sylvester Stalone is also in it, but his face is mostly plastic now.

I saw something funny on youtube, that actress who's green in those movies, saying that green makeup got EVERYWHERE, she was EATING it for however long it took to get her role filmed.

Good flicks... but I really wish someone would smack the shit out of Bradley Cooper's damned annoying raccoon.

Andria

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw something funny on youtube, that actress who's green in those movies, saying that green makeup got EVERYWHERE, she was EATING it for however long it took to get her role filmed.

Good flicks... but I really wish someone would smack the shit out of Bradley Cooper's damned annoying raccoon.

Andria
I can imagine. I'm sure her fee went up for the second movie.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On Netflix there's a animated movie series that was cool as hell. Adult only so no kids around. Called love, something I can't remember and robots. Each mini story had me drawn in like a movie.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Went to the movies a few days ago and watched How to Train Your Dragon
'The Hidden World'
Liked all the movies.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Went to the movies a few days ago and watched How to Train Your Dragon
'The Hidden World'
Liked all the movies.

I haven't seen the third one, but I loved the first two, and most especially the first one, when Toothless was new! Great stories and animation, and such good character work!

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't seen the third one, but I loved the first two, and most especially the first one, when Toothless was new! Great stories and animation, and such good character work!
I couldnt get through the the 1st one. But my kids liked it. Had no clue ther wer more. Lol

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Watched a prime original the other nite. Pappilon. Really good

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I couldnt get through the the 1st one. But my kids liked it. Had no clue ther wer more. Lol

I've had kids around for the past 40 years. Have learned to really like certain types of kid movies.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Instant Family last night. Inspired by a true story and aside from the laughs we had it was heart warming to watch.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Once again we agree. :)

That scene in Tootsie, when he yanks off the wig and starts speaking in a man's voice... I thought I was gonna wet myself laughing. :giggle: And I wasn't sure I would enjoy Rainman, I'm not much of a Tom Cruise fan, since he started acting completely psychotic... but Hoffman totally stole that movie from him. He is one of the very best actors, EVER.

Andria

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's funny that @MrMeowgi mentioned Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. Not the absolute last movie I've seen but one of the most recent ones that turned out to be pretty good, "Searching". The main roles played by Debra Messing and John Cho, aka "Harold" from Harold and Kumar. He also played one of the two kids in the American Pie series always scoping out Stiffler's mom chanting "milf! milf! milf!".

Usually Cho plays a goofball but this was a serious drama and shot with a somewhat unique perspective. Almost the entire movie filmed as if watching through a laptop. Really well done and Cho played the serious side of a grief stricken father whose daughter goes missing.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A movie on Hulu. Called I'm just fucking with you. Fucking crazy and I'm not fucking with you.

VU Sponsors