Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Worst bender is now cut down, don't worry, I held the rope line
thumbnail_IMG_12331_zps4la18uuk.jpg

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When the birch snapped this morning it was LOUD , under all that weight is not a good way to fall one, I prayed it wouldn't snap the wrong direction.
I know that sound! Years ago there was a major snow storm here, I was standing in our kitchen and looking thru the window into my neighbors front yard, he was there looking at a tree close to the front of his house, it was leaning because of the snow on top of his roof pulling the gutter down, he starts to cut it down on the outside of the bend. Before I could get there to warn him he cuts through the tree, it snaps back and hits him dead in the chest and sends him across his yard and falls on his roof and takes half his house out. He was OK, just knocked the wind out of him. Funny thinking about it now. :giggle:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know that sound! Years ago there was a major snow storm here, I was standing in our kitchen and looking thru the window into my neighbors front yard, he was there looking at a tree close to the front of his house, it was leaning because of the snow on top of his roof pulling the gutter down, he starts to cut it down on the outside of the bend. Before I could get there to warn him he cuts through the tree, it snaps back and hits him dead in the chest and sends him across his yard and falls on his roof and takes half his house out. He was OK, just knocked the wind out of him. Funny thinking about it now. :giggle:
That is EXACTLY what I thought was going to happen to DH, and it was VERY close:facepalm::huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors