Become a Patron!

Whiskey's Corner#3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey kev what camera is that in your avatar kind of been looking at an intro camera like the nikkion coolpix b500 to get into the hobby.
My camera is a Nikon D5500. It's AWESOME! ;). If you're looking for a less expensive DSLR, a D3100 or D3200 would work very well for you. If you're looking for something less expensive than those, then I can suggest something for you in the Coolpix line. Just let me know, and I'll be happy to give ya a couple of Coolpix models.

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nikon b500 would be a good one. Also, the L840 and L340 are good choices too. Amazon has them all. All depends on a few things to decide what you would want as far as features go. Look @ the megapixels of the camera, if you want to shoot 720 or 1080 video, CMOS sensors are a bit better and are found on the more expensive cameras, and what kind of zoom power that you want to have. Anything else?......Feel free to ask. EXTRA INFO>.....Also, when you decide to buy, make sure that you buy from a reputable seller and DON'T buy a "grey market" model to save money. If you do, you will have ZERO warranty from Nikon, they won't fix it/replace it if there's anything wrong, and the grey market sellers will leave ya hangin' with a broken camera. IF YOU SHOULD DECIDE ON A MODEL, I'LL HELP YA FIND THE BEST PRICE FROM A REPUTABLE COMPANY (if you want).

Last edited:

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning everyone:wave::coffee: It's been a long night. Got a call to help a fellow vet make it through the night. Just got back a few minutes ago and I needed to be with my corner family to help me with a very stressful night.
Hey Pete. Sorry to hear about that! :(......Hoping that everything will be OK with him.......and you as well.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning Corner :wave:<3
tumblr_ogotuseMc41u9ooogo1_500_zpsfwtf0aoy.gif
Good morning Whiskey:hug::coffee::wave:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning everyone:wave::coffee: It's been a long night. Got a call to help a fellow vet make it through the night. Just got back a few minutes ago and I needed to be with my corner family to help me with a very stressful night.
(((((((<3))))))):hug:Hi Pete

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMG_20170319_115206.jpg Here's my Nikon that I bought myself when I was 13. I still have it, but I got caught in a torrential downpour while on horseback in Alberta. It's been with me to Vegas, the Grand Canyon, all across Canada, and Europe too. It was awesome til' it got soaked :( in 2004.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey-o, Whiskey!

I tried my hand at DSLR's when I lived in Seattle, the scenery was just so awesome..until I was at Mt Rainier and someone stole my entire kit out of my Jeep while I was in the concession area getting a hot cocoa. Had a Nikon D90 kit, a few lenses and a nice flash..I hate people sometimes.

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nikon's are fine cameras but I'm a Canon man myself.
I can't hold that against you.....as my best friend in S.C. (she's a photographer), shoots Canons. I STILL always give her a hard time about it, cuz' she use to shoot Nikons previously. She told me that the reason that she switched, was because the studio that she worked for used Canons, and that was the only way that she would be able to use all THEIR EXPENSIVE lenses, was for her to buy a Canon camera body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors