Whiskey's Corner#3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Elogs are killing the outlaw ways. Next year they go federally mandated. Its the end of an era.

Passed along the message, he said will do.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Elogs are killing the outlaw ways. Next year they go federally mandated. Its the end of an era.

Passed along the message, he said will do.

The bad side of GPS is revealed.

We had a Malibu Maxx plow into the rear of a 48' flatbed trailer this morning on my work commute. Maxx driver is now a prefessional daisy pusher.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Happens unfortunately. After seeing that truck I'm still completely shocked dude didn't bite it. Specially the girl in the bunk. She got ejected from the bunk I think.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've got plenty of time. After I drop this hopefully undamaged load tomorrow I'm heading to the Lancaster terminal and were go from there. For all I know I might go north, the rockies, many back up to the lakes.... Who knows. But I'll enjoy the trip either way.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could tell you about where I have been. But I am saving that for when you have the week end off & I will show you how to party Texas style. Sleep in your truck. Don't throw condoms on my fuckin driveway. What you wake up with is your problem.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can still cha he duty status but drive lines automatic. I just tell it when I stop driving. Even then if I pop my valves, it automaticly moves me on duty non driving.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I could tell you about where I have been. But I am saving that for when you have the week end off & I will show you how to party Texas style. Sleep in your truck. Don't throw condoms on my fuckin driveway. What you wake up with is your problem.
Sounds like a plan.

Also I think I woke up the truck next to me laughting so hard at that last bit lol

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There is stuff I can tell you I would get in trouble for even here. You would laugh so hard you had to spew beer drown.
Save it for the party then. I'll get some time eventually. Got a few terminals in tx and we always got freight going in. I'm sure I could bobtail or dead head over to Houston from wherever

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know most truck routes thru most large citys from memory. Planning is the key to a good trip. Call them. They live there, you don't.
They also know if they moved or not. Like what happened with my last load. No wonder I couldebt find them. They freakin moved and never mentioned it till we got frustrated and parked a semi infront of there little office lol

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When it happens, it happens. If it don't it don't. You ain't selling Morons brake shoes. Your free. A year from now, late at night, you will smile & whisper, The old Dude was right, Don't get much better than this. East bound your clean to mm 245.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If it gets better then this then Im definitly glad I took your advise. I don't think I've ever been this happy working before. And if I have I don't rember. Granted I'm a little stressed cus of being hit but still.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon God they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
And the words that it was forming

And the sign said,
"The words of the prophets
Are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls."
And whispered in the sound of silence.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's just a little problem. Learn from it, & it will make a good story over coffee. I know what happened, but won't bore you. That phone don't exist when your driving.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It just sits in the under radio cubby charging. And when I get a few extra bucks for an aux cord I'll just put Pandora on and in the cubby it will sit some more.

IPods only got 24 hours of music on it. So Im getting bored of it lol need more veriaty then it will allow

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
At least dude was honest with the cop and just straight up said " yeah I wasent paying attention" I'll give him some credit for that

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At least dude was honest with the cop and just straight up said " yeah I wasent paying attention" I'll give him some credit for that
I have damn near no sympathy for that. He just lost his job, & damn near hurt 3 people. If it's to anything park it in a rest area, truck stop, but never on the side of the hiway. Fog, snow, whatever. I ain't good enough, you ain't either.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have damn near no sympathy for that. He just lost his job, & damn near hurt 3 people. If it's to anything park it in a rest area, truck stop, but never on the side of the hiway. Fog, snow, whatever. I ain't good enough, you ain't either.
Amen to that brother.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Jeezus Frog, i am so glad you are alright. That other guy sounds like a total mental defect.

I about had my own accident today. Was coming home from the store and a truck was slowing down to turn into his driveway. His very gorgeous dog ran out in front of me to greet him. I slammed on my brakes so hard my back tires were still spinning. I burnt rubber but, THANK GOD, we both managed to miss the dog. Good lawd, I was shaking afterwards. He needs to have that dog put up... these roads are notorious for dogs getting hit. :cuss2:

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello, all. Today - doctor appointments, again (Liz). They screwed up her prescription (apparently, the doctor put the decimal point in the wrong place; the assistant pharmacist wrote the correct amount on the prescription, and when we went to pick up the prescription - the pharmacist in charge said, "This prescription has been altered, so it couldn't be filled." Liz said, "One of your employees wrote on the prescription. I know - come back tomorrow...!") - and the world goes around, and round, and... sideways... :sneaka:

11-ish, MDST - in the PM. Tomorrow morning, will be our Australian Shepherd's last day 'sporting.'

Neuter-Doctor, that's his name... just flush that manhood, down the drain... :slowclap:

According to the vet, our almost four-year-old Aussie Shepherd is a purebred - and, cancer rates for that breed of dog run very high. So... (watch money fly outta my wallet). Both of our dogs will become "shot-current" for Colorado, and they will be registered; and, "Laddy," will be 'chipped.' Java, our spayed female, already has been.

I did play 'catch-up' in 'Our Corner,' for the first time in awhile. Whoda thunk it. Thank goodness it wasn't too busy here, today :rolleyes:.

So, allow me to write "Good Morning" to everyone now, because I've got to be up at six tomorrow morning, for a LONG day with Liz, and two dogs - one of which, will be a groggy soul - when we leave the veterinarian. We hope that he remains the same, uncanny dog that he has been. He's soooo smart, and has such a personality. When he came into our lives in '12, he had wandered into our yard, just as I was helping Liz load up the car to take her to the airport. He then jumped into my vehicle, now sold, and stuck his face in-between the driver's seat, and the C-pillar - while standing in the backseat footwells. Liz and I both started laughing. I said, "Look at him, Liz. He's hiding his face. I guess he figures that if he can't see us, then we can't see him!"

That very night, we introduced him to Java, who immediately fell in love with him. That's the story of our Aussie Shepherd. We first thought he was an AKC-registered Border Collie, but, we were informed that he was, indeed, an Australian Shepherd. There were no 'Lost Dog' signs anywhere, so, I kept him through Liz's trip to Colorado in 2012-'13; when she came home, she said: "Okay. He's ours. Guess we're going to keep him."

We love him, and Java. They're like our children. Good night, Corner Folk.

LW & Liz :hug:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning Corner:wave:<3
tumblr_o0fwbghuVc1shc1wyo1_1280_zps7mhppxgw.jpg

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Angie, WTF did you do to your hands?????

Giirrrrllllll....typing at work (bcuz, ummmm....I can't type so I use like three fingers), iPad use and weight lifting. Combo of all three the docs think a repetitive strain with Wartenberg's Syndrome. Had blood work for RA and other crap and an EMG which totally sucked. AKA...docs don't really know except it isn't carpal tunnel or RA/arthritis.

Been in splints for 4 1/2 weeks. But finally getting better and look, here I am typing on the iPad. UGH. How does one "rest your arms for 4 weeks"?????

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Btw, if any of you want a fun experience, try sleepin while your beds doing 60 down the highway.
I'm sure saddle will vouch for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors