Become a Patron!

Why am i not producing clouds?

Turan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Guys, im a beginner and im trying to build something that will produce clouds.

My mod is a 200w koopor plus
My rdta is the aromamizer RDTA.

My build is a dual parallel 24g 2,5mm 6 wraps at 0.2 ohm.

It gets hot and the flavor is there, however i dont produce the big clouds as expected. I Even troede to vape at 100w, still no big deal.

Thanks in advance - Mikael

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Turan and welcome to VU
Hell of a set up you have there for a beginner. When I started I wasn't jumping into RDA building with a 200w mod. I still don't use that type of gear and get plenty of cloud/vape on a clouper mini with a subtank...LOL
Hopefully someone will come along and get you on track. Enjoy the forum:)
PS...a high VG juice also helps

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just going to inquire of the VG/PG ratio in your juice. The higher the VG, the bigger and thicker the clouds. ;)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just going to inquire of the VG/PG ratio in your juice. The higher the VG, the bigger and thicker the clouds. ;)
I think I created a thread about this shit before,I think it was something like to all NEWBIES
WHEN ASKING QUESTION PLEASE INCLUDE
MOD RDA TANK JUICE VG PG etc.....
Like this dude
I want to blow clouds, but btw check out my VAPE stuff
Koopor aroma bullshit 24 g parallel 100 watts and it's still not producing btw it gets hot... I know they new to this but shit it's ANNOYING!!! LOL
GOOD MORNING
you should get the koopor today

VAPE ON

Turan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry if im annoying you guys, but my juice is 70/30, so its quite thick. Just trying to figure this out

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Turan, please forgive some comments, after a while it does get a little frustrating, Maybe EJ can give you a link to his thread so you can read up on some helpful hints.... ej1024 ????

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry if im annoying you guys, but my juice is 70/30, so its quite thick. Just trying to figure this out
I have an aromamizer also. I build around .4 dual coil. The problem i see with this tank for clouds is airflow. The airflow does not line up with the coils and is on the tighter side. What this does is produce good flavor vs clouds. Clouds need air and will in most cases sacrfice flavor. The aromamizer is more for flavor chasing than cloud chasing. To help you make it better for clouds i would need to see a picture ofyour build if you can.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Turan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks :), and also, im worried that my batteries arent sufficient? ive got 2x efest 3,7v 3100mAh, with discharge current of: 10/20A (don't even know what that means).

And i will send a picture in a minute.

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks :), and also, im worried that my batteries arent sufficient? ive got 2x efest 3,7v 3100mAh, with discharge current of: 10/20A (don't even know what that means).

And i will send a picture in a minute.
I am using the same batteries although they are not the rolls royce of batteries they are good enough in a refulated mod.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't get the newbie confused now, I'm learning this too

VAPE ON

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I find the Aromamizer just isnt a Good tank for clouds...or flavor, The deck is a nice size but the Wicking is lacking and you cannot take it up enough for flavor/clouds...Pick up a Griffin/VCMT or a RDA for clouds.

Throw the Efests into a battery recycling uint and grab some Samsung 25Rs or LG HE2/4s, use batteries that are tested and proven to be used in these devices.

Turan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It seems like ive burned the cotton too. Lol.

Attachments

• 20160119_152315.jpg
    20160119_152315.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 20160119_152323.jpg
    20160119_152323.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 57

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not thick enough ..for cloud chasing you should be using 100% VG and be dripping on a RDA...
e0e2667ede04033c49575568408d804d.jpg
This cloud blown under the blacklight won't win a comp but it is typically I get vaping a dual 24g Nichrome .21 build on my Dark Horse at about 8Ow
a24b0f9e53b6f3171ac0c19d30729d56.jpg
Dark Horse blows good clouds for me seen here on my IPV3 with the Chuff Cap..with 100% VG..
6ba22ffce0ccb3a810538d5917b8f7ee.jpg
This is a dual parallel 26g kanthel .22 build at 75w..again it won't win a comp but I do have fun fogging up my room from time to time..good luck, remember ohms law and vape safe!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ive tried everything in it and the best build Ive mustard for some half decent results are these...
2x26K/46N60 Fused Claptons They are good to 60W then start dryhitting, I even drilled out the Juice Inlets to 2.2mm each..
Aromamizer Build .jpg Aromamizer Build.jpg

Turan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, but I think im gonna stick with my gear for now. But why is my cotton burned, and am i using too much and blocking the airflow?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks, but I think im gonna stick with my gear for now. But why is my cotton burned, and am i using too much and blocking the airflow?
I find that there isnt much pressure to pull the juice upwards to the cotton, the holes are small also. Try having your cotton a little thinner then you normally would, cut it so the tips directly over the juice inlets and fluff the cotton as much as possible. This should lessen the amount of restriction for the juice path to the coil and if your using a thicker VG liquid it will help it along.

Its too bad you bought yours first, I am selling mine and my Crius together for $20...They are modded and used but working but for the price they are even good as parts.

Turan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, i wanna make use of my bigger mod, so what is the optimal build

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's just to hott. If you want clouds use a rda not an rdta. They have come out with some tanks that can keep up (vcmt, griffen, and a few more) but honestly if your into clouds the best bet is a rda. Even my worst rda pumps out better clouds then my best tank.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Also, i wanna make use of my bigger mod, so what is the optimal build
Your not going to get anymore anything from that tank, its kind of like buying a moped and having the expectations of a top fuel dragster...it wont happen and the most your going to pump into it is 50-60w

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's just to hott. If you want clouds use a rda not an rdta. They have come out with some tanks that can keep up (vcmt, griffen, and a few more) but honestly if your into clouds the best bet is a rda. Even my worst rda pumps out better clouds then my best tank.

Do you own a Griffin or VCMT?? LOL If you dont then I understand why you would say that.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you own a Griffin or VCMT?? LOL If you dont then I understand why you would say that.
Pre order black. My buddy has the silver it pumps pretty good.

Turan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I researched the tanks everywhere, and most people like the aromamizer over griffen and the other. Also im not able to drip, i need a tank

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And I said they would keep up.. Wich they will. I dint say they would out preform.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Pre order black. My buddy has the silver it pumps pretty good.

Mine spoil me, I only glare at my RDAs now :D Its just I dont need to drip in these RTAs and they hold the same builds as my RDA's....

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I researched the tanks everywhere, and most people like the aromamizer over griffen and the other. Also im not able to drip, i need a tank
You should have asked the forum here...not other people getting paid for their reviews..

Griffin on the Far Right...Crius then Aromamizer then Velocity RDA...Griffin Comparison.jpg Griffin Comparison .jpg Griffin Comparison  .jpg Griffin Comparison   .jpg

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine spoil me, I only glare at my RDAs now :D Its just I dont need to drip in these RTAs and they hold the same builds as my RDA's....
I agree but the airflow is different no way of avoiding that when you have a chimney. I like my royal hunter mini no way to replicate a vape like that when the coils are 5 mm from your mouth.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I agree but the airflow is different no way of avoiding that when you have a chimney. I like my royal hunter mini no way to replicate a vape like that when the coils are 5 mm from your mouth.

The VCMT you can vape without chamber on it for a true RDA experience and drip into the coils but I see where your going with that...I gave up on spitback though

Turan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But alright then. How will i make most out of my situation. My cotton is burned, Even though ive put tons of cotton in there, which might also be the reason i dont produce clouds.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But alright then. How will i make most out of my situation. My cotton is burned, Even though ive put tons of cotton in there, which might also be the reason i dont produce clouds.
You have to much coil and it's to hott. I'd just go with a dual coil build 22g 7 or 8 wraps around a 3mm. Pump 40 to 60 watts in it and that's about the best you can get out of the aeromimzer

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You want less cotton, my previous comment about how you should wick it is the best way for clouds and avoiding dryhits, follow that and then post your results.
Try a wider diameter coil if you can fit it
Use loose cotton, not too loose but slight resistance pulling through coil
Clip the cotton so that the tips are directly over where the juice comes in the deck
Fluff the ends as much as possible

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
RDA's are King of the Clouds, you never see a tank win a competition... Lololo

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
VCMT 30mm won 1st place in the last comp I was in...thats why I bought one...I didnt even know about them before that

This RTA will never make those types of clouds..you ment

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VCMT 30mm won 1st place in the last comp I was in...thats why I bought one...I didnt even know about them before that
Was it an unregulated comp?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Was it an unregulated comp?

Yea no rules...It was categorized but people always complained they didnt have this or that and it should become limitless...I brought a Tube and my TM rda last time, took second place and 1st was a DNA200 and a VCMT

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh well that's why.. regulated comps kinda pointless imo. The whole point is tweaking a mech to perfection. Not throwing a build in and clicking a button till it chucks.. just my feelings.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Although I guess with escribe and a dna200 it becomes a little more challenging.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh well that's why.. regulated comps kinda pointless imo. The whole point is tweaking a mech to perfection. Not throwing a build in and clicking a button till it chucks.. just my feelings.

I wholeheartedly agree..You can make anything chuck with enough wattage/Volts applied but with mech your limited to 3.9-4.2V (depending on VD and Battery charge). Blew them away when a Tube got 2nd..
Middle Copper SMPL was what I brought.

Attachments

• Comp RDA Builds.jpg
    Comp RDA Builds.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Comp RDA Builds .jpg
    Comp RDA Builds .jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 32

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Same build in it that won? (won in my opinion, others shouldn't have qualified)

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh wait you dint bring the TM did you?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh wait you dint bring the TM did you?

The build/rda in the Middle and the Tube won 2nd, I made those other builds a few days later and put them altogether.
Copper SMPL/TM rda with a Cat Track Arched Fused Clapton 2x22K/24K Flattened and Staged with Parallel 24K.
Heres the build before I removed the 2x24 Staging wire...It was a little much with the Dual Parallel for Staged Heating..\
Cat Track Arched Fused Clapton 22K 24K Flattened Staged with Parallel 24K.jpg

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The build/rda in the Middle and the Tube won 2nd, I made those other builds a few days later and put them altogether.
Copper SMPL/TM rda.
Heres the build before I removed the 2x24 Staging wire...It was a little much with the Dual Parallel for Staged Heating..\
View attachment 38595
Nice looking build I still haven't done any flattened builds.. need to invest in a jewelers hammer I guess they look nice.

Turan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im kind of a vi
You want less cotton, my previous comment about how you should wick it is the best way for clouds and avoiding dryhits, follow that and then post your results.
Try a wider diameter coil if you can fit it
Use loose cotton, not too loose but slight resistance pulling through coil
Clip the cotton so that the tips are directly over where the juice comes in the deck
Fluff the ends as much as possible

Thanks sir, im kind of a visual person, do you have a picture of such a build somewhere? And also, shall i not tuck the cotton under the coils?.. Also what about a vertical build maybe?

VU Sponsors