Become a Patron!

Why are disposable vape pens preferable for beginners?

Vape pens have a button, and you can easily initiate your vaping experience. But what's the problem with using a refiller for replacing mods is that it is a bit difficult to consume and understand. Some platforms are using it as a mere recommendation but have not given any concrete reason. Anyone with any strong reason behind this purpose.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Are you talking about something like this?

If not, not quite understanding what you mean by refiller.

If so these bottles are quite helpful. You can screw the top of one into your mod's 510 connection, refill a squonk bottle using pressure and gravity. It keeps from needing to take a squonk bottle out & maybe making a mess.

Here's a video that might explain.

Not sure if they have a similar product to refill RDTAs (tanks). Reckon there may be such a thing. Not seen any myself. It might be rather handy if they did.

I got away from using tanks in part due to needing to be dexterous, coordinated to refill them. Would often juggle a tank in one hand and a juice bottle in the other.

Difficult having that focus when a body can go whack at times. Nerves sometimes have a spasm inducing misfire for me. In part some due to congenital issue/s, in part from having lived a wild run of life.

As to why some might suggest disposables? Maybe as a quick way to try vaping out without so much upfront investment. I might could see that if someone was "on the fence". Still suggest a fairly decent kit to start out. You can get decent kit for about $30 USD, just hardware.

Then, if you want you can "move up" to a better more durable kit for a bit more. Until you get like me spending about $100 each for a few different medium to high end mods. I got those because they're durable and decent quality builds. The two Signature Tips mods I recently got both "feel" good too.

Then again, it might be disposables are being suggested to drive away newbies too. As Churchill was found of stating, "nothing ever happens without a plan, or motive behind it. And that is usually political of an ends." Paraphrased of course, he was more succinct yet robust.

As to driving newbies away, what ends? Well send them right to or back to regular cigarettes of course. I'm sure you'll soon find out a lot of the "platforms" take kick backs from Big Tobacco, in some manner.

Greed keeps the Earth's largest payroll.

Last edited:
Help!!!
Ive got a nord 2 pod system ans it doesn’t work anymore until I vape it when it charge does someone knows how to fix this problem please?

thank u

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vape pens have a button, and you can easily initiate your vaping experience. But what's the problem with using a refiller for replacing mods is that it is a bit difficult to consume and understand. Some platforms are using it as a mere recommendation but have not given any concrete reason. Anyone with any strong reason behind this purpose.
The concept behind pushing disposable vapes over pens or mods, is profit. It is more profitable to sell something that only lasts for less than a day before it has to be replaced, than it it to sell something that can be recharged, refilled, or just have a new pod replaced.

Disposable vapes are more like smoking in that sense. Smokers have to keep buying more very expensive cigarettes, just as those whom use disposable vapes have to keep buying very expensive disposables every day.

The more intelligent vaper only needs to purchase vaping gear when they want to. Coils, cotton, mixing supplies, and such can be bought in bulk. This greatly reduces costs.

As George Carlin once said: "As long as it is profitable to sell shit, they will sell you shit".

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Help!!!
Ive got a nord 2 pod system ans it doesn’t work anymore until I vape it when it charge does someone knows how to fix this problem please?

thank u

If it works when you vape it, what is the problem? Most vaping devices are not meant nor designed for continuous operation. They usually function by button push to create vapor.

Now, you mean that you need to be charging it to get it to function. In that case I'm still at a loss. I do not use such devices. The ones I use are mechanical and lack computer type components.

If it works when you vape it, what is the problem? Most vaping devices are not meant nor designed for continuous operation. They usually function by button push to create vapor.

Now, you mean that you need to be charging it to get it to function. In that case I'm still at a loss. I do not use such devices. The ones I use are mechanical and lack computer type components.
Hi,
It only works when it’s charging and it’s brand new

Are you talking about something like this?

If not, not quite understanding what you mean by refiller.

If so these bottles are quite helpful. You can screw the top of one into your mod's 510 connection, refill a squonk bottle using pressure and gravity. It keeps from needing to take a squonk bottle out & maybe making a mess.

Here's a video that might explain.

Not sure if they have a similar product to refill RDTAs (tanks). Reckon there may be such a thing. Not seen any myself. It might be rather handy if they did.

I got away from using tanks in part due to needing to be dexterous, coordinated to refill them. Would often juggle a tank in one hand and a juice bottle in the other.

Difficult having that focus when a body can go whack at times. Nerves sometimes have a spasm inducing misfire for me. In part some due to congenital issue/s, in part from having lived a wild run of life.

As to why some might suggest disposables? Maybe as a quick way to try vaping out without so much upfront investment. I might could see that if someone was "on the fence". Still suggest a fairly decent kit to start out. You can get decent kit for about $30 USD, just hardware.

Then, if you want you can "move up" to a better more durable kit for a bit more. Until you get like me spending about $100 each for a few different medium to high end mods. I got those because they're durable and decent quality builds. The two Signature Tips mods I recently got both "feel" good too.

Then again, it might be disposables are being suggested to drive away newbies too. As Churchill was found of stating, "nothing ever happens without a plan, or motive behind it. And that is usually political of an ends." Paraphrased of course, he was more succinct yet robust.

As to driving newbies away, what ends? Well send them right to or back to regular cigarettes of course. I'm sure you'll soon find out a lot of the "platforms" take kick backs from Big Tobacco, in some manner.

Greed keeps the Earth's largest payroll.
Thanks, MyMagicMist, for sharing such a detailed answer to my query, along with a reference. Well, the first perception that came to my mind is that maybe refilling the CBD oil or e-liquid can be a bit tricky for some, but your comment clarifies many things. However, it also becomes important to address issues like what others have raised here on this platform. It is no less than a dilemma if there are issues with some of these devices. It will be great if those concerned people name those brands where you are assessing such bugs.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
However, it also becomes important to address issues like what others have raised here on this platform. It is no less than a dilemma if there are issues with some of these devices. It will be great if those concerned people name those brands where you are assessing such bugs.

Look around here for a bit and you'll see all kinds of Smok/SmokTech device troubles. In fact there's one right in this thread. Not being a full on educated computing engineer, I do not fool with chips in regulated devices.

If a regulated device stops working on me it's binned. I've very few regulated devices as I grew tired of binning crap. Why continue throwing good money after bad?

I bring up Smok issues as we here on VU have seen these proliferate in the last two years. Smok is pretty much refusing to help. They either offer no customer service nor quality control.

Many of us here started by using Smok products. They were at least reasonably decent quality at one time. The brand was the "go to" we would guide newbies to buy as we knew they were "okay" and could help someone start out.

Now, we might suggest Innokin products. Innokin has not wavered on quality and from what I gather they do offer modest customer support. I had an Innokin MVP3 device. It lasted me over 3 years as a usable mod.

After that 3 years my wife used it 2 more as a battery pack. I had damaged the 510 connector beyond repair. That was simply an issue of my tightening stuff very tight, heavy use/abuse. It was no real fault of the device.

Yes, I might have got a new 510 connector and fixed the MVP3. Looking back I see that and yes I can solder, which was likely all the "technical" advancement required. Why didn't I? Well, the wife had grabbed it up. Was not going to rain on her parade.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi,
It only works when it’s charging and it’s brand new

This reads as though it may be a micro-chip issue. I do not know enough to delve into fixing micro-chips. Recently had a mod that uses a MOSFET chip. It took a turn of not working. My best idea as a solution? Let it set and see if it would work again. Fortunately, it does.

A MOSFET chip, or switch is pre-school level simple compared to micro-chips found in regulated devices. If I don't try "fixing" MOSFETS, I'm surely not bothering with micro-chips. This is also why over the last three to four years I've stocked up on mechanical mods over regulated ones.

Here's a good representation of mechanical mods. I use what are called squonkers mostly. If you're a new vaper I feel bad in a way to suggest looking at getting into mechanical mods. You might try looking for regulated devices by Innokin instead. Mechanical mods require a bit of a learning curve. They're more durable, more easily fixed over the long term though.

As to your current device you're beyond my realm to help. Others might be able to offer suggestions. The one I offer is trashing it and finding an affordable Innokin device, or an Eleaf device. Those two companies seem to make better quality stuff.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have several regulated devices, and only one had to be trashed. It was not because of any chip issue. It was because of an issue with juice leaking into the device regardless of o-rings, and the squonk bottle developed a leak. Being a proprietary bottle, it could not be replaced. It was just a very poorly made piece of shit.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
In case you haven't noticed, @harry_wilson, most everyone who regularly posts on this forum, who does not have an agenda that involves trying to SELL SOMETHING, we've mostly been vaping a pretty long time, and over that time we've learned what we like, and what we like is a vape that is flavorful, reliable, inexpensive to operate, looks good, and is versatile on the combinations of pieces and parts you can use together.

What it does not involve is a wimpy vape, in limited flavors, that we have to spend money on for almost every day or even several times a day, that is proprietary and limited in its function. There are people on here who go through 30ml or more of e-liquid in a day. In terms of disposables, what would that cost? $25 to $50 or more per day?

I do wish new members would read some before they even start threads like this. If we were a bunch of noobs, you might be able to win some converts by asking such questions, but as it is in reality, we mostly know exactly what we like, and that's what we buy. If a person loves their 3-battery, 300W mod, you are not going to convince them to buy a 12W MTL disposable vape that they can't taste and would just leave them pissed off and ready to go back home and get their GOOD gear.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have several regulated devices, and only one had to be trashed. It was not because of any chip issue. It was because of an issue with juice leaking into the device regardless of o-rings, and the squonk bottle developed a leak. Being a proprietary bottle, it could not be replaced. It was just a very poorly made piece of shit.

Yes, there are indeed some poorly made steaming piles of flaming shit that are squonkers. I recall the first one I tried. It had wires in a plastic body. You can learn more about that here. IMO, it was just a turd. It did point me to using mechanical mods and squonking though.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some of my current gear:

• Stainless Steel Keen
  • Lost Vape Furyan (Black & Metal silver)
  • 2 different Signature Tips Sq
  • Vapresso ??? squonker (Regulated 80W kit)
  • DovePo Topside (regulated)
  • Wismec Luxotic (Mosfet)
  • GeekVape Athena squonkers (mechanical with 2 operable a third still boxed)
  • Lost Vape Drone (regulated)
More often than not I reach for mechanical mods. That list is not all inclusive but a good cross section of what I use. Yes, sometimes i feel like dripping instead of squonking, hard to believe but true no less. The regulated devices I have are all "put up". They stay around for just in a pinch.

As always I'm not some schister in my linking. They're put in for informational purpose. You can buy stuff or not, no never mind to me. As Bright Eyes a.k.a @nadalama points out we've been vaping a while now. I'm somewhere between 5 to 8 years or so vaping. I still on rare times might smoke a tenth of a cigarette then pass it to someone else. Kid you not, I just can not smoke anymore, well tobacco cigarettes at least.

I don't vape a lot of juice but then have consistently used 18mg/ml nicotine strength juice. I tried one week of 12mg strength and noted I needed the 18. Not tried "dropping" my nicotine intake since. I use between 4 to 6 ml of juice a day, though if honest any more I'd likely say probably closer to 10 ml per day. I do chain vape just a little at times.

If folks want to keep buying shit, whatever. I'm happy in what I like. Have said different times here and other forums, I could use a sardine tin and thimble to vape. It would be durable. So you see for me it's more about function than form though I like a solid form. I don't want or need shit. Make enough on my own and wife says I'm full of it anyway.

Hm, lots of blather. Too much so. Drank my honey today. He he, no bacteria in my blood. Ah but another horse with different spots. :D :p ;)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have several regulated devices, and only one had to be trashed.
*rolls the bones and sacrifices a black chicken under waning moon, utters a growling word ...* "Blink!"

You realize now, you've jinxed yourself and if you didn't my curse will get you. *chuckles*

In seriousness I'm glad you've been so fortunate. I've had two or three regulated devices turn into "bricks". They become as useless as flung dung, wait, hm, well flung dung can be useful.

"Ugh me knuckles ground drag they do."

*ahem* Well yes, so this is why I have a dislike of regulated devices. It has nothing to do with reminding me of the movie Carrie. No, not in the slightest.

*goes to find Dean Koontz and a rental van again for a trip to New England, ... whistles and dons an innocent expression*

Let me assure everyone. I do not suffer from insanity, no, I enjoy it! he he. :)

This reads as though it may be a micro-chip issue. I do not know enough to delve into fixing micro-chips. Recently had a mod that uses a MOSFET chip. It took a turn of not working. My best idea as a solution? Let it set and see if it would work again. Fortunately, it does.

A MOSFET chip, or switch is pre-school level simple compared to micro-chips found in regulated devices. If I don't try "fixing" MOSFETS, I'm surely not bothering with micro-chips. This is also why over the last three to four years I've stocked up on mechanical mods over regulated ones.

Here's a good representation of mechanical mods. I use what are called squonkers mostly. If you're a new vaper I feel bad in a way to suggest looking at getting into mechanical mods. You might try looking for regulated devices by Innokin instead. Mechanical mods require a bit of a learning curve. They're more durable, more easily fixed over the long term though.

As to your current device you're beyond my realm to help. Others might be able to offer suggestions. The one I offer is trashing it and finding an affordable Innokin device, or an Eleaf device. Those two companies seem to make better quality stuff.
Dear MyMagicMist, that's called the deadliest combination. I mean, the way you have done reverse engineering by describing the core issues behind every bug is simply amazing. It simply depicts the years of experience you have in vaping. Keep this spirit of helping in such an elucidating manner.

Some of my current gear:

• Stainless Steel Keen
  • Lost Vape Furyan (Black & Metal silver)
  • 2 different Signature Tips Sq
  • Vapresso ??? squonker (Regulated 80W kit)
  • DovePo Topside (regulated)
  • Wismec Luxotic (Mosfet)
  • GeekVape Athena squonkers (mechanical with 2 operable a third still boxed)
  • Lost Vape Drone (regulated)
More often than not I reach for mechanical mods. That list is not all inclusive but a good cross section of what I use. Yes, sometimes i feel like dripping instead of squonking, hard to believe but true no less. The regulated devices I have are all "put up". They stay around for just in a pinch.

As always I'm not some schister in my linking. They're put in for informational purpose. You can buy stuff or not, no never mind to me. As Bright Eyes a.k.a @nadalama points out we've been vaping a while now. I'm somewhere between 5 to 8 years or so vaping. I still on rare times might smoke a tenth of a cigarette then pass it to someone else. Kid you not, I just can not smoke anymore, well tobacco cigarettes at least.

I don't vape a lot of juice but then have consistently used 18mg/ml nicotine strength juice. I tried one week of 12mg strength and noted I needed the 18. Not tried "dropping" my nicotine intake since. I use between 4 to 6 ml of juice a day, though if honest any more I'd likely say probably closer to 10 ml per day. I do chain vape just a little at times.

If folks want to keep buying shit, whatever. I'm happy in what I like. Have said different times here and other forums, I could use a sardine tin and thimble to vape. It would be durable. So you see for me it's more about function than form though I like a solid form. I don't want or need shit. Make enough on my own and wife says I'm full of it anyway.

Hm, lots of blather. Too much so. Drank my honey today. He he, no bacteria in my blood. Ah but another horse with different spots. :D :p ;)
Great MyMagicMist. Thanks for sharing your normal day vaping elements. But what makes you consume tobacco or go for your so-called 1/10th smoking and switch to regular vaping again? Can you share this part with all of us?

Hi Sarah, thanks for putting up your version of this question. I feel it's always good to know more about others and expand your network with the right set of people in the right domain. However, it would be great if you could elaborate a little more on the trash you received once.

In case you haven't noticed, @harry_wilson, most everyone who regularly posts on this forum, who does not have an agenda that involves trying to SELL SOMETHING, we've mostly been vaping a pretty long time, and over that time we've learned what we like, and what we like is a vape that is flavorful, reliable, inexpensive to operate, looks good, and is versatile on the combinations of pieces and parts you can use together.

What it does not involve is a wimpy vape, in limited flavors, that we have to spend money on for almost every day or even several times a day, that is proprietary and limited in its function. There are people on here who go through 30ml or more of e-liquid in a day. In terms of disposables, what would that cost? $25 to $50 or more per day?

I do wish new members would read some before they even start threads like this. If we were a bunch of noobs, you might be able to win some converts by asking such questions, but as it is in reality, we mostly know exactly what we like, and that's what we buy. If a person loves their 3-battery, 300W mod, you are not going to convince them to buy a 12W MTL disposable vape that they can't taste and would just leave them pissed off and ready to go back home and get their GOOD gear.
Thanks, nadalama, for placing your honest version about some on this platform. I will keep such facets for sure in my mind. I will be looking forward to more of your suggestions to understand the right prospects of vaping.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
what makes you consume tobacco or go for your so-called 1/10th smoking and switch to regular vaping again? Can you share this part with all of us?

Sometimes I don't carry extra charged batteries. Sometimes it's just simply an urge to have a few drags off a cigarette, leave it alone. It's like my coffee drinking and no longer being addicted.

I still enjoy the flavor, act of having a coffee, maybe two once in a while. I sometimes just might like a few drags off a cigarette.

I know sometimes if I'm tasked to burn trash, brush, I like having a cigarette. This was something taught me by firefighters. It's negative pressure to help avoid all the stuff off a fire, the smoke and such. You fill your lungs with dry tobacco smoke. That blocks wet fire smoke.

Of course, I think too some firefighters pull legs. All in I'd say just simply enjoying, or caught out in a pinch with a mod having issue/s, or no spare battery on hand.

The concept behind pushing disposable vapes over pens or mods, is profit. It is more profitable to sell something that only lasts for less than a day before it has to be replaced, than it it to sell something that can be recharged, refilled, or just have a new pod replaced.

Disposable vapes are more like smoking in that sense. Smokers have to keep buying more very expensive cigarettes, just as those whom use disposable vapes have to keep buying very expensive disposables every day.

The more intelligent vaper only needs to purchase vaping gear when they want to. Coils, cotton, mixing supplies, and such can be bought in bulk. This greatly reduces costs.

As George Carlin once said: "As long as it is profitable to sell shit, they will sell you shit".
I agree we sometimes buy what we don't want to buy due to lack of knowledge. Your information makes me aware of a few things I would keep in mind before purchasing vapes. Thank you.

Sometimes I don't carry extra charged batteries. Sometimes it's just simply an urge to have a few drags off a cigarette, leave it alone. It's like my coffee drinking and no longer being addicted.

I still enjoy the flavor, act of having a coffee, maybe two once in a while. I sometimes just might like a few drags off a cigarette.

I know sometimes if I'm tasked to burn trash, brush, I like having a cigarette. This was something taught me by firefighters. It's negative pressure to help avoid all the stuff off a fire, the smoke and such. You fill your lungs with dry tobacco smoke. That blocks wet fire smoke.

Of course, I think too some firefighters pull legs. All in I'd say just simply enjoying, or caught out in a pinch with a mod having issue/s, or no spare battery on hand.
quite a tip you gave me there. I hope I am able to have that self-control.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Simple.. they are easy to use. 1 button to push, no battery to change.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Simple.. they are easy to use. 1 button to push, no battery to change.
and no hope lol

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Thanks, nadalama, for placing your honest version about some on this platform. I will keep such facets for sure in my mind. I will be looking forward to more of your suggestions to understand the right prospects of vaping.
i find a lot of people saying i can get up tp 200w on my vape.... i say well good on you, but i would never get up to that wattage as i want to enjoy taste and not be a bloody steam engine! like our bits guys..its not how big it is, its how you use it!

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
i find a lot of people saying i can get up tp 200w on my vape.... i say well good on you, but i would never get up to that wattage as i want to enjoy taste and not be a bloody steam engine! like our bits guys..its not how big it is, its how you use it!
I have to use 120 to 150 watts. I use 2 alien coils. (3x26ga kanthal wrapped in 34g SS) and the flavor will beat any disposable.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have to use 120 to 150 watts. I use 2 alien coils. (3x26ga kanthal wrapped in 34g SS) and the flavor will beat any disposable.

Even an RDA using a 24 awg CAM made coil at 0.30/.32 oHms at an average of 24 watts on a mechanical can beat a disposable for flavor &/or clouds. Digress though, people gotta be people.

VU Sponsors