Become a Patron!

Why Isn't Anyone Using our New Marketplace Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey y'all!

So I'm wondering why no one is using our new Marketplace yet? ?
https://vapingunderground.com/resources/categories/personal-small-business.2/

The new marketplace makes it sooooo much easier for multiple item sales. You can create a profile so you don't have to type all the same info into every post. It works with our feedback system. There are many benefits to using it.

So, I'd like to know your thoughts on why you haven't tried it out yet? ?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
4c86510517d72c9d935fb0ae3adfc133.jpg

I haven’t had anything to sell lately, but upon clicking the link I get that error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
4c86510517d72c9d935fb0ae3adfc133.jpg

I haven’t had anything to sell lately, but upon clicking the link I get that error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmmm... anyone else getting this when you click the link I posted in OG post?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Link works fine for me.
I might use it next time I sell something but I feel a regular for sale post is much simpler/faster to set up. If I sold as many items as some folks, the marketplace might be more appealing.
I hate being a downer :( so I didn't say anything at the time, but when this was first announced this is the first thing that crossed my mind. A solution in search of a problem.

The hardware forum works fine, everybody's used to it and it does seem actually simpler and faster to post. Even with multiple items.

A sale post is just a regular post with different content and maybe a few more images attached. No brainer.

Maybe if somebody had an actual store they wanted represented here or something.

Again, I know the work and good will that goes into something like this and I am loathe to be a voice of negativity. However, when it was first annouced I didn't really see it going anywhere :( The hardware forum is fine.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Gadget actually did last night but I didn't see it in the store section but the hardware thread. So I bought from the hardware thread. I've got a few I might let go of. Will definitely check it out. Have to reread the tutorial about check this box and check this box

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I hate being a downer :( so I didn't say anything at the time, but when this was first announced this is the first thing that crossed my mind. A solution in search of a problem.

The hardware forum works fine, everybody's used to it and it does seem actually simpler and faster to post. Even with multiple items.

A sale post is just a regular post with different content and maybe a few more images attached. No brainer.

Maybe if somebody had an actual store they wanted represented here or something.

Again, I know the work and good will that goes into something like this and I am loathe to be a voice of negativity. However, when it was first annouced I didn't really see it going anywhere :( The hardware forum is fine.
Sorry, gonna have to agree here. If it ain't broke don't fix it sort of thing for me. I looked it over and it seemed way too involved ( for lack of a better word) But this could simply be me. I will look it over again though.

I can only imagine all the work everyone has done to make the forum a better place for all of us, has been immense and I do appreciate all the work you guys have done and are still doing. As @gsmit1 said though, I really didn't see it going anywhere. We are creatures of habit and what we have now, works fine imo

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Seems to function fine from this PC. (Win7x64, Waterfox Classic)
Haven't tried from the Linux PC and I don't usually surf on the cell phone.

Snap1192.jpg

Snap1193.jpg

hawkwind5usa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hmmmm... anyone else getting this when you click the

The new marketplace makes it sooooo much easier for multiple item sales. You can create a profile so you don't have to type all the same info into every post. It works with our feedback system. There are many benefits to using it.

Hmmmm... anyone else getting this when you click the link I posted in OG post?
The Marketplace link works on my Android phone. The only way you may be able to get everyone using the new Marketplace forum section is by deleting the Hardware forum or migrating it to the Marketplace. We are creatures of habit.

Last edited:

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Hey I just read the Our New Marketplace Area is Open for Beta Testing - Please Read" at the top of the VU homepage, it tells you exactly how to get to the Marketplace....WITH ILLUSTRATIONS...go figure...just click on it....lmao

Damn. I feel stupid!Screenshot_20200813-131632.png

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Ah. Your link is the problem

Navigation from menu is fine on 2 browsers

573bab926a77a5376ba7562e7274a17f.jpg
2e37f3a0dbe4b4ec2599167989ca1ae2.jpg
679d1449c603345696502f205122daee.jpg
Hmmm... link shouldn't be the issue... it's taken straight from that page.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
311   0   0
Honestly, it's not that easy to find.
I have been trying to find it off and on for a day now.
I think the menu should say "Marketplace" rather than resources.

As difficult as it was for me to find, I think most people looking to buy something will never look there.

I just posted a mod in there and I am going to also post it in the "Hardware" section with a link to the resources page. Maybe that will get people to start looking there.

hawkwind5usa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

As difficult as it was for me to find, I think most people looking to buy something will never look there.

I just posted a mod in there and I am going to also post it in the "Hardware" section with a link to the resources page. Maybe that will get people to start looking there.
What gadget said.
p.s. I had to turn my phone sideways to see the resources tab. I usually hold it upright.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
157   0   0

A hell of a deal too. I just bought one exactly like it yesterday or I'd take it. Lol

Sent from a pile of wood chips

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
311   0   0
So now that I have the listing posted, it works fine from a PC but on tapatalk if I click on the link I posted in the Hardware section I get a box that says, "Forum Status
This topic does not exist or you do not have permission to access it."

And a link to "Open in Browser"
If I click on that link it go to a page that says, "Oops! We ran into some problems."
The requested thread could not be found.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I personally continue to use the Hardware section untill it is phased out as the new section is imo difficult to navigate from my phone. I probably do not need buy stuff anyway.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Hey y'all!

Probably because it's not meant to be used as a physical item marketplace. Xenforo Resources is mainly meant for used as a software repository and direct software sales.
Take a look at Xenforo Classifieds by NixFifty.

Last edited:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Countrypami I just took a quick look at the XF-RM Marketplace software. While it looks promising, it's still not what it should be. Kinda like taking a regular paper page book and reading it through the camera on your phone and calling it an ebook.

Last edited:

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
[QUO
What gadget said.
p.s. I had to turn my phone sideways to see the resources tab. I usually hold it upright.

If you go to top of page with phone upright, there is a pull down menu icon (3 horizontal bars) it will allow you to select any of the tabs without having to turn your phone. I do, however, also agree with Gadget.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as people keep posting blurry pics that make it impossible to see whether I will still be able to use my cordless drill to polish all the scratches out of a round item, I'm simply not buying anything. But that's just me. :)

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Hey y'all!

Why does it still say "Resources"?

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
311   0   0
Not to be disrespectful because I very much appreciate all of the hard work that has been put into this forum.
But the Marketplace really needs some work before I will use it. As mentioned here in several posts, most of the links generated do not work.
There needs to be some sort of pricing option, example: If I want to list a mod with the option to buy with or without an RDA or a tank.

The concept is great but needs some tweaks.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Why does it still say "Resources"?

We are trying to fix the wording from "resources" to "market". It's not as simple as you think but I might have a work around.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
We are trying to fix the wording from "resources" to "market". It's not as simple as you think but I might have a work around.
Actually, it's very simple to do. I've done it before. But seriously - look at what I wrote to Pami. This current "marketplace" software is no different than buying a shovel to use as a cereal bowl, when all you really needed was a cereal bowl.
Countrypami I just took a quick look at the XF-RM Marketplace software. While it looks promising, it's still not what it should be. Kinda like taking a regular paper page book and reading it through the camera on your phone and calling it an ebook.
Probably because it's not meant to be used as a physical item marketplace. Xenforo Resources is mainly meant for used as a software repository and direct software sales.
Take a look at Xenforo Classifieds by NixFifty.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Take a look at this - it's a MUCH better solution.

Jlmancuso1134

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I gave it a look. First like everyone before has stated it is a true pain to even get to. Second also stated it is a pain to try and navigate/buy (I use mobile chrome browser). Third while minor is still a issue when trying to navigate is the naming structure resources/testing will result in few to none viewing.

The forums are tried and true. Easy to use no matter how it is accessed. While I understand trying to improve things you also have to understand that if it is not broken why fix it?

Maybe if a few months issues will be worked out or another (better) method may be implemented but as if now it doesn't work as intended and won't be accepted.

Please take this in a constructive way. Even if it sounds bad I only want to help improve what you are trying to do.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Hey @VaporJoe Quick Q - Can we use the resource markeplace urls for the "Deal Url" field on the traditional feedback form? Assuming of course said deal was in the resources marketplace?

Last edited by a moderator:

This_Kelt

Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I just used the marketplace for a purchase last night. Seems odd. You have to commit to a purchase without any other communication with the seller. That felt wrong. I want to ask questions, make an offer, see more pictures.
When I did commit, I was then told I'd have to wait for the seller to contact me in regard to paying. Now, really that's not so different than the usual back and forth of a deal, but why are you in the middle of it now?
Honestly, it feels clunkly. If there are reasons, I'd like to hear them.
The purchase still has not been finalized, so I can't speak to the smoothness of that aspect, but at present, my experience has not been as enjoyable as the regular sales forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors