Become a Patron!

Wizard Labs customer service sucks! So does their nicotine!

almostamyth

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wizard labs is basically a repackaging vendor. They buy in bulk from the major suppliers, repackage into smaller containers, and sell at a competitive price for small quantities. That's great if you want to try little amounts of a variety of flavors.

I had used them for over a year. First buying flavors I wanted to try, then moved to their PG and VG once I got my core flavors established and could get the bulk discounts myself that the major suppliers offer.

The problem arose when I purchased a 500ml bottle of VG base 100mg nicotine for about $55. I kept it in the freezer for nearly 3 months while I used the last of my previous nicotine from another supplier (that I had for over a year). When that ran out I broke the seal on the W/L nicotine, made my usual 800ml of my favorite juice & let it steep the normal amount of time (5 days). Disgusting! It blocked probably 70% of my flavor and left a strong, musty, peppery sort of taste in the juice. Unvapeable. So instead of dumping it right then I tried adding more flavor concentrate. All that did was make it harsh from too much concentrate, and the bad taste was still there. Down the sink it went.

So I contacted the folks at Wizard Labs and asked if I could return it. I was told that flavor is subjective and there was nothing they could do about it. My rebuttal was that yes, flavor is subjective, but this wasn't a flavor concentrate that I didn't like. This was a case of bad nicotine masking out most of my flavor and leaving a taste that anyone who vapes would consider foul.

So they escalated the case to someone in upper management. Whoever made the final determination didn't give the situation any kind of consideration whatsoever. They just rattled off the flavor is subjective excuse and dismissed me with an offer of a $10 store credit. The juice I had to dump was quadrople that, plus the bad nicotine would have to be dumped also. All I wanted was to return the nicotine for a store credit.

So my conclusion is that W/L is more concerned with making a single $55 sale and blowing off the customer if there is a problem than they are about making the customer happy and keeping their long-term business. Not what I expected from a company I'd spent a large sum of money with over the past year.

Not the kind of company I want to continue to do business with. I will not be ordering anything from W/L again. Plenty of other vendors out there who are willing to keep their customers happy.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I only buy nicotine from Nude Nicotine, haven't had any problems in two years. Believe I heard others complaining about Wizard Lab nic in the past.

almostamyth

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had been using a lesser known company, Delosi, AKA Nicotine Labs. I bought a gallon from them after the W/L incident. I don't recommend their flavors, but the nicotine is spot on.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had been using a lesser known company, Delosi, AKA Nicotine Labs. I bought a gallon from them after the W/L incident. I don't recommend their flavors, but the nicotine is spot on.
What do they charge for a gallon?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wizard labs is basically a repackaging vendor. They buy in bulk from the major suppliers, repackage into smaller containers, and sell at a competitive price for small quantities. That's great if you want to try little amounts of a variety of flavors.

I had used them for over a year. First buying flavors I wanted to try, then moved to their PG and VG once I got my core flavors established and could get the bulk discounts myself that the major suppliers offer.

The problem arose when I purchased a 500ml bottle of VG base 100mg nicotine for about $55. I kept it in the freezer for nearly 3 months while I used the last of my previous nicotine from another supplier (that I had for over a year). When that ran out I broke the seal on the W/L nicotine, made my usual 800ml of my favorite juice & let it steep the normal amount of time (5 days). Disgusting! It blocked probably 70% of my flavor and left a strong, musty, peppery sort of taste in the juice. Unvapeable. So instead of dumping it right then I tried adding more flavor concentrate. All that did was make it harsh from too much concentrate, and the bad taste was still there. Down the sink it went.

So I contacted the folks at Wizard Labs and asked if I could return it. I was told that flavor is subjective and there was nothing they could do about it. My rebuttal was that yes, flavor is subjective, but this wasn't a flavor concentrate that I didn't like. This was a case of bad nicotine masking out most of my flavor and leaving a taste that anyone who vapes would consider foul.

So they escalated the case to someone in upper management. Whoever made the final determination didn't give the situation any kind of consideration whatsoever. They just rattled off the flavor is subjective excuse and dismissed me with an offer of a $10 store credit. The juice I had to dump was quadrople that, plus the bad nicotine would have to be dumped also. All I wanted was to return the nicotine for a store credit.

So my conclusion is that W/L is more concerned with making a single $55 sale and blowing off the customer if there is a problem than they are about making the customer happy and keeping their long-term business. Not what I expected from a company I'd spent a large sum of money with over the past year.

Not the kind of company I want to continue to do business with. I will not be ordering anything from W/L again. Plenty of other vendors out there who are willing to keep their customers happy.

Very few consumable products are guaranteed three months after the purchase

I see why you are pissed (I would be too) but not sure I'd have the balls to try to return something I bought three months ago

almostamyth

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Very few consumable products are guaranteed three months after the purchase

I see why you are pissed (I would be too) but not sure I'd have the balls to try to return something I bought three months ago

The amount of time wasn't the issue. I had a long conversation with one of the employees about nicotine longevity. According to her, nicotine has no expiration date. She said she's had nicotine in her freezer for two years and it's still good.

They just got used to telling customers flavor is subjective whenever someone complains about a flavor concentrate and applied that logic to the nicotine as well.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
flavor is NOT subjective...tastes are subjective.....you like Thai food ...I think it sucks....that is subjective....I like licorice you think it is awful...that is subjective....you nicotine has oxidized and it is now peppery is not subjective....if the ability to discern flavor was subjective, then wine makers and chocolate makers would NOT spend alot of money on proffesional tasters to test their products. they'd just go down to local taco bell and hire the kid behind the counter.....when I hear people say that taste is subjective it usually means they are selling you something that belongs in a taco bell...just because there are lots of people who have no palette at all doesn't make crap taste like chocolate, You can give one person a glass of wine and they can tell you six different notes of flavor in the wine..another person given the same glass of wine will only taste,,,,red..taste is not subjective....so basiclly you are being penalized for having a highly developed sense of taste,

Last edited:

almostamyth

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
flavor is NOT subjective...tastes are subjective.....you like Thai food ...I think it sucks....that is subjective....I like licorice you think it is awful...that is subjective....you nicotine has oxidized and it is now peppery is not subjective....if the ability to discern flavor was subjective, then wine makers and chocolate makers would NOT spend alot of money on proffesional tasters to test their products. they'd just go down to local taco bell and hire the kid behind the counter.....when I hear people say that taste is subjective it usually means they are selling you something that belongs in a taco bell...just because there are lots of people who have no palette at all doesn't make crap taste like chocolate, You can give one person a glass of wine and they can tell you six different notes of flavor in the wine..another person given the same glass of wine will only taste,,,,red..taste is not subjective....so basiclly you are being penalized for having a highly developed sense of taste,

Thank you for that detailed description. That's exactly what I was trying to explain to the W/L people but they were just stuck on their excuse and dismissed me.

Now, on the other side of the coin, I recently bought a flavor concentrate from One On One Flavors. I didn't care for it and I gave an honest review on their website. Next thing I know, I got an email from OOO explaining that they were sending me two free bottles of flavors I could mix and achieve the flavor I was trying for with the original flavor. Now that's a company who values their customers! First time I've ever ordered from them too. Wizard Labs take note of this! Money that would have went to you will now be going to OOO and other companies who actually care about their customers!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Heaven forbid the site fucks up your order or when packing it you do not get what you receive they tell you tough shit it will be corrected on the next order.
Fuck them and their shitty fucking customer service they lost my business years ago over this shit.

almostamyth

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Heaven forbid the site fucks up your order or when packing it you do not get what you receive they tell you tough shit it will be corrected on the next order.
Fuck them and their shitty fucking customer service they lost my business years ago over this shit.

I wish I had known this about W/L. I would have never given them my business in the first place. Hopefully our experiences will help others to stay away.

Thanks for the great replies to this thread everyone!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I agree with all this with the exception of that last sentence. I say it all the time a banana taste like a banana no way around but how each individual perceives a banana is different. I pick up on the parts I like and dismiss the rest in my mind. thats why everyone has a "best" flavor to use. but I have to say but in fairness, there is some operator error as well, Wizard Labs sells 2 kinds of nicotine. a cheap brand they have always had and that new one. Ive bought and tried enough nicotine to know to order smaller sizes if you are not familiar and try them first and not on an 800 ml batch. its like buying 4oz of flavoring on a whim trying it 3 months later then not liking it and trying to get store credit with even 3% usage thats 30mls of product used. .. Personally I hate WL nic its everything the OP describes but with razors and nails thats what its been for years and have only bought from them maybe twice before I realized their product did not suit my needs. if you are rolling the dice that hard on a product you have never tried before you have to take some responsibility in it. from a business stand point I probably would have given the store credit just to get it out of the way on move so a post like this doesn't turn up but I mean come on I cant return a frozen pizza 3 months later because I didn't like the sauce lol......

almostamyth

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with all this with the exception of that last sentence. I say it all the time a banana taste like a banana no way around but how each individual perceives a banana is different. I pick up on the parts I like and dismiss the rest in my mind. thats why everyone has a "best" flavor to use. but I have to say but in fairness, there is some operator error as well, Wizard Labs sells 2 kinds of nicotine. a cheap brand they have always had and that new one. Ive bought and tried enough nicotine to know to order smaller sizes if you are not familiar and try them first and not on an 800 ml batch. its like buying 4oz of flavoring on a whim trying it 3 months later then not liking it and trying to get store credit with even 3% usage thats 30mls of product used. .. Personally I hate WL nic its everything the OP describes but with razors and nails thats what its been for years and have only bought from them maybe twice before I realized their product did not suit my needs. if you are rolling the dice that hard on a product you have never tried before you have to take some responsibility in it. from a business stand point I probably would have given the store credit just to get it out of the way on move so a post like this doesn't turn up but I mean come on I cant return a frozen pizza 3 months later because I didn't like the sauce lol......

You make an excellent point. Partly my fault for assuming the nicotine would be up to par. But again, the time frame wasn't the issue. I spoke to them on the phone and one of their employees told me that. She said nicotine has no expiration date and she's had nic in her freezer for 2 years without it going bad. So the only time the nic wasn't in the freezer was when it was shipped (assuming W/L keeps in in the freezer). The bottle was sealed and in the freezer for the entire time I had it. Whatever the problem was present before I took possession of it and that was my point to them. But they were unwilling to stand behind their product. Lesson(s) learned.

VU Sponsors