Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Nice to see that the zna30 is a better mod than zna50, nikkita6 has mention that in earlier post. My only regret was not waiting for nikkita6 for her view on the zna50 before I purchase it. So now I have to return the zna50 to exchange for the much stable zna30, I rather have it at 30w less 20w for a more stable n better performance. I also love it 18500 form which is its original form.

Agreed! The ZNA30 is the hands down winner, total pass on the 50W. I suspect the 50W is a little better in 650 mode, but I much prefer the 490/500 form factor.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hello everyone,

I just purchased this ZNA 30 clone from eBAY for $40. The person said they got it from BestGear. It is stainless (whether 304 or 316 I don't know). It does not have Z2 threads. I just finished changing the board out to a DNA 40 and it is beautifully set up for this transplant. If someone can ID the manufacturer I would appreciate it. I've performed this board swap on my original ZNA 30 and I must say this one was much easier than on the authentic.

I have a fairly complete set of pictures detailing the transplant that I am willing to share if anyone is interested. Of particular interest to me was this manufacturer's addition of screw holes for the grounding wire. The location of this grounding screw can be seen in the last image on the right side just above the display (there is one on the other side as well). This is something my authentic ZNA 30 did not have and made grounding difficult (I had to ground both the Atty and the battery to body separately). Using the screw I am able to use only one ground for the entire device like the original Zen ZNA.

The DNA 40 board dropped right in perfectly. The only modification required was cutting off the rails.

A rather large introductory (first post) but I hope you will excuse me . . . I just want to share and possibly help others if I can.

I've included several pictures to help ID the manufacturer:

This is the Kangxin's ZNA clone ... And you just helped me to solve a little mystery as well.

Now I also know the source of Robbot's 50W chip thanks to you .. it came from Kangxin. Kangxin produced a 50W ZNA after Cloupor did, FC carried it for a brief time but canceled it because the 50W was not outputting voltage properly.

Take notice of the Zen ZNA splash screen with serial# 1207 which is also on every single Robbot ZNA 50 .. sigh. Mystery solved. :rolleyes:

gkenney

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is the Kangxin's ZNA clone ... And you just helped me to solve a little mystery as well.

Now I also know the source of Robbot's 50W chip thanks to you .. it came from Kangxin. Kangxin produced a 50W ZNA after Cloupor did, FC carried it for a brief time but canceled it because the 50W was not outputting voltage properly.

Take notice of the Zen ZNA splash screen with serial# 1207 which is also on every single Robbot ZNA 50 .. sigh. Mystery solved. :rolleyes:

Thanks Nikkita for this ID . . . very much appreciated . . . I will look for this Kangxin ZNA clone (any direction on a connecting with a reliable source would also be apprecited). . . it is a dream to mod, very nicely thought out. The screw down body ground is a much better design.than the original ZNA.

thanks again!

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Nikkita for this ID . . . very much appreciated . . . I will look for this Kangxin ZNA clone (any direction on a connecting with a reliable source would also be apprecited). . . it is a dream to mod, very nicely thought out. The screw down body ground is a much better design.than the original ZNA.

thanks again!

You can contact them directly, there are not many US based resellers of this device that I am aware of as these were mostly available in China. Here is there Alibaba page with contact info http://kangxinecig.en.alibaba.com/

But good luck with the language barrier though. They are not that fluent in English :eek: I mean they speak some English, but ... you know :p

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@Nikkita6 I so happen to have a spare dna40 laying around. I'll put one in one of your clones for that variant ;)

Oh dear please pm with details then so we can work something out sooner rather than later. :D

Rickwhoo

Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone,

I just purchased this ZNA 30 clone from eBAY for $40. The person said they got it from BestGear. It is stainless (whether 304 or 316 I don't know). It does not have Z2 threads. I just finished changing the board out to a DNA 40 and it is beautifully set up for this transplant. If someone can ID the manufacturer I would appreciate it. I've performed this board swap on my original ZNA 30 and I must say this one was much easier than on the authentic.

I have a fairly complete set of pictures detailing the transplant that I am willing to share if anyone is interested. Of particular interest to me was this manufacturer's addition of screw holes for the grounding wire. The location of this grounding screw can be seen in the last image on the right side just above the display (there is one on the other side as well). This is something my authentic ZNA 30 did not have and made grounding difficult (I had to ground both the Atty and the battery to body separately). Using the screw I am able to use only one ground for the entire device like the original Zen ZNA.

The DNA 40 board dropped right in perfectly. The only modification required was cutting off the rails.

A rather large introductory (first post) but I hope you will excuse me . . . I just want to share and possibly help others if I can.

I've included several pictures to help ID the manufacturer:
Do you have the detailed pics of the transplant? I need to replace one of mine.

Rickwhoo

Member For 4 Years
Ready to put one in

Attachments

• 1106141723b-1.jpg
    1106141723b-1.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 0328151433-1.jpg
    0328151433-1.jpg
    770.1 KB · Views: 25

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a lil' lost on the value of Z2 threading... Have any other mfg's hopped on this bandwagon? Any RDA bases, adaptors, out there?

I don't get it. There are approx eleventy jillion legitimate, pre-existing thread specs out there.
Why did we need one more? Exactly what gap was filled by adding Z2?

It has two primary advantages... one technical and one a legal one... technically it's a large enough connection to be a stable platform with a high amperage capability... legally, Zen made it open source and no one has to pay a royalty in order to use it not that the chinese companies worry about copyright issues but with the Z2 there isn't one to worry about.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Advantages... interesting choice of word. I was wondering if there were

My background and career is in aerospace quality engineering.o_O (I measure stuff )

I can tell you that currently, there are roughly two hundred and eleventy bejillion official thread specs. There is no such thing as a copyrighted thread. There are a few patented threads but in order to be granted a US Patent, you must demonstrate your product's difference (advantages) to ALL the other similar products out there.
It must be uniquely qualified to perform a function.

IMO, Z2 threading not only falls wellll short of that mark but actually screwed the pooch in the process...

The Z2 thread is SO coarse that both wall thickness and therefore outside diameter must be increased to use it!
Yes, Z2 threads make your mod thicker, fatter, and heavier than fine threads.
(That's not opinion, that is math.)

Frankly, it's not a particularly appropriate use of coarse threads anyway. Fine threads are called for here to hold down the wall thickness and therefore the weight. Fine threads also hold more securely, all things being equal.

Z2 threading is little more than marketing babble whose true purpose is to anchor you to a shiny new proprietary eco-system.

I posted the info as I knew it... take it for what it is but I'm not here to debate it.... you asked... I provided one answer...

Of course your arguments fall short when compared to the commonly used threading being used which it was trying to become a possible replacement for... the Z2 beats the pants off of the commonly used 510 period...

If you want to debate the shortcomings... contact Zen the designer.... if you want an answer as to why it was designed, don't try to argue with the messenger. Don't be a jerk...

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
It's been a while since I checked in here, thought I would pop in and see if anyone had found a GOOD Z2 threaded true 1:1 ZNA 50 clone? I don't see anything in the thread, so I am guessing that the answer is no ... I am, however, hoping someone proves me wrong! :D

vappydan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone know where I can get a Robbot Tech 18650 tube or any brand Z2 threaded?

ZaTHRaS

Member For 4 Years
Anyone know where I can get a Robbot Tech 18650 tube or any brand Z2 threaded?

I have a robbott tech ZNA30, chip died and I replaced it with an after market 50W chip. The buttons are a little off and I don't use it anyway. It has both size tubes as well, make me an offer!

vappydan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a robbott tech ZNA30, chip died and I replaced it with an after market 50W chip. The buttons are a little off and I don't use it anyway. It has both size tubes as well, make me an offer!

I don't want to insult you since it is working and I just need the tube. I can get a HOH tube for $40-$50. Less than that?

kd4kfr01

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anyone know where I can buy just the Delrin sleeve cap that goes inside the top to hold down the copper contact? If is black piece right under Atty. .

Sent from my Motorola Android

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My apologies in advance for this necros post. I was out for dinner last night and someone stole my zna when i got up to use the restroom. and my girl didn't even notice... ;-(

Does anyone know of anyone selling the robbot tech zna 30/50 still. It was my favorite mod. ;-(

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I checked there. They do not have the variant made by Robbot Tech anymore which was the only true 1:1 clone from the 316ss used down to the Z2 threading.
Haven't had much luck tracking down a replacement.

redordead

Member For 4 Years
Stick a wanted post up in the classifieds. Quite a few bought them on here if I remember rightly. You might just get lucky

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have an old cloupor clone with a dead board I'd be happy to send it to you if you want to put another board in it.

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an old cloupor clone with a dead board I'd be happy to send it to you if you want to put another board in it.
Thank you so very much for the offer. That's very kind of you, but Im trying to track down the Robbot version specifically because of the z2 threading compatability with the rest of my Zen tubes, caps, fire buttons etc. Again thank you for the kind offer. :)

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors