Become a Patron!

About the BILLIONTH! time I'm Quitting Smoking.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all, I have not posted for some time, and am now on the way to QUIT SMOKING.

I am DL on the Siren V2, on top of Evic VTwo running at just 14 watts, with a single coil, running at 133Ω's.

The reason for this post is that Fags are now too damn expensive and I want to quit smoking. Just as I have always had this incline of doing all that time ago, on UK vapers.

But now I am set up with a multitude of Concentrates, and premade.

I have about 2.5 litres of 72mg Nicotine in PG solution and in the freezer.

Mother has a hard time getting stuff in the freezer out of three compartments she only has two for herself.

If somebody would like to see my journey of not smoking and only vaping, Then please leave a post.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3 hours in and nothing but coughing. I'll have to get used to this.

Besides if I have done this before then I should be able to do it again.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That coughing will calm down, just try to be patient. Your lungs are just trying to clean themselves up some.

Good luck! Wishing you the best, just let us know if we can help you!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Good Luck this time! Don't be hard on yourself, quitting cigarettes is tough!
You can do this.

:hug:

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I should shed some light, and state that 15 minutes after my second post in this thread, until 9 pm I had been smoking.

Right now I only have 4 left, and might as well finish them.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
With my quitting my 35+ cigarette habit, I set a quit date- mine was Dec 1st 2014 I gave myself 2 weeks to cut back and then quit.
Down to my last pack of cigarettes, I only smoked until they were mostly gone in the two week period- the rest I threw out and never bought or smoked another cigarette since- Will power and vaping helped me slay my cigarette dragon for over 8 years now. I quit while my hubby was still a smoker, tough, but I did it. He finally quit cigarettes in 2021 by vaping.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't stress it. I've went back and forth multiple times. I don't even think of it as quitting, just substituting one for another.
Usually just work it down to hardest ones to stop, couple in the morning with coffee and after lunch/dinner.
I hold there for a few weeks then go to morning only for awhile. Even if you have to buy another pack it's OK, you can get there. Doesn't have to be one giant leap, at least for me anyway. Whatever strategy it takes you can do it. 😁

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I had only lasted just over 3 hours, I thought that I should just smoke the rest of my packet.

I had started Tuesday and now it is Thursday, and have had about 10 since 2:30 pm and now is 4:00 PM.

I will now have to get a grip of myself and never ever touch another cigarette ever again.

I will now try and beat my 42 days set back in October 2016 to November 2016 from the 5th to the 14th respectfully.

So now my quit date is now.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started with my siren v2 and now on the Fat Rabbit 24mm version with a tiger coil coming in at 0.65 ohms.

I was gonna have one but thought better of my self just doing another bout of 3 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Some people (like me, for example) cannot "cut back." We have to just get away from the cigarettes altogether.

If you can, stay away from cigarettes, from people who are smoking, and dunk the rest of the ones you have on hand in water before you toss them in the trash. That way they won't be fit to smoke 2 hours from now when you start thinking about digging them out.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
and dunk the rest of the ones you have on hand in water before you toss them in the trash. That way they won't be fit to smoke 2 hours from now when you start thinking about digging them out.
Oh gosh, I remember those days, trying to quit before vaping. Would break and trash them out of frustration only to be digging them out later to stick what's left in a filter...:wait:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I started with my siren v2 and now on the Fat Rabbit 24mm version with a tiger coil coming in at 0.65 ohms.

I was gonna have one but thought better of my self just doing another bout of 3 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Don't leave that Siren v2 behind. A good MTL with some 12mg is what saves me.
I DL for big flavor hits and MTL for that throat hit. Have always done both and always will. I can't vape all day in only one style, have to do both.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you know of any info in getting me to stop smoking please tell me here.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you know of any info in getting me to stop smoking please tell me here.
I know one thing that helped me out a lot...after eating, sleeping, sex, if watching tv during the commercials get up and do something. Occupy your free time...keep your hands/fingers/mind busy. Chewing gum helped also.
I stopped the cigs 20 yrs ago. Started vaping cause Stress got to me, it was all about my nephew and what he was going through as a young child. If, vaping wasn't around, I might have started the cigs up again.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have tooooooo much free time, as I am unemployed and will probably never work again, due to my mental health, as I have Paranoid Schizophrenia.

I find that many people like me smoke for the endorphins.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have tooooooo much free time, as I am unemployed and will probably never work again, due to my mental health, as I have Paranoid Schizophrenia.

I find that many people like me smoke for the endorphins.
I understand. But, try not to use that as an excuse. I had all the time as you said and found ways not to light up, I had a carton in the freezer. I would go walking, exercise, ride bike, train my doggie Cleo, clean house, scrub walls floors, clean cabinets inside and out, same with freezer refrigerator, serf the webz, play cards, take things apart put them back together, do puzzles, got into paracord, use to do bead work, but had to stop due to having carpal tunnel. The paracord isn't too strenuous on the hands/fingers. I did everything possible to not light up an over 4,000 chemicals carcinogen stick.
This has nothing to do with that...
Back in my upper teens my Road Runner needed a new carburetor or rebuilt one. At that time, I couldn't afford to take it into a mechanic shop and none of my male friends would help or do it. This was before being able to look it up on a computer on how to do it, I just jumped all in and started. I laid out a cardboard box, took the carburetor out, numbered all the pieces and placed the parts in order on the cardboard box. However, there was one part I couldn't get off, gaah it ticked me off to no end! Anyhoo...Thankfully, a male friend actually helped me out, funny thing is he could barely get it off, lol, once it was off, I continued. But, I rebuilt the carburetor, put it back on and my vehicle actually started. No one thought I would be able to do it, lol, I showed them :) and proved to myself I could do it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I understand. But, try not to use that as an excuse. I had all the time as you said and found ways not to light up, I had a carton in the freezer. I would go walking, exercise, ride bike, train my doggie Cleo, clean house, scrub walls floors, clean cabinets inside and out, same with freezer refrigerator, serf the webz, play cards, take things apart put them back together, do puzzles, got into paracord, use to do bead work, but had to stop due to having carpal tunnel. The paracord isn't too strenuous on the hands/fingers. I did everything possible to not light up an over 4,000 chemicals carcinogen stick.
This has nothing to do with that...
Back in my upper teens my Road Runner needed a new carburetor or rebuilt one. At that time, I couldn't afford to take it into a mechanic shop and none of my male friends would help or do it. This was before being able to look it up on a computer on how to do it, I just jumped all in and started. I laid out a cardboard box, took the carburetor out, numbered all the pieces and placed the parts in order on the cardboard box. However, there was one part I couldn't get off, gaah it ticked me off to no end! Anyhoo...Thankfully, a male friend actually helped me out, funny thing is he could barely get it off, lol, once it was off, I continued. But, I rebuilt the carburetor, put it back on and my vehicle actually started. No one thought I would be able to do it, lol, I showed them :) and proved to myself I could do it.

You are one brave soul to take a carburetor apart. My husband rebuilt the carbs off a 1968 Triumph TR-4A once. Tiny little springs went everywhere. It was a test of his resourcefulness, getting them back together again.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You are one brave soul to take a carburetor apart. My husband rebuilt the carbs off a 1968 Triumph TR-4A once. Tiny little springs went everywhere. It was a test of his resourcefulness, getting them back together again.
It was far from easy, lol. It took a few very long days being frustrated and a lot of patience. Really don't want to do it again, lol.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just can't hack it smoking. Went out of it and thought I would not come back to the land of the living.

So now since 12 o'clock mid-day I have been vaping since.

As if I do go out it is not as bad as .

I think the dedicated direct to lung days are over.

I am still DTLing but with the siren V2.

And you know how much that can pull.

Yet only using single coil at 1.2∆.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even though I can do about 2-4 hours vaping I still seem to smoke after that but this is tobacco harm reduction.

I just wish I could not smoke any more.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right I think I am now in the right frame of mind. As I woke up at 5:50 and went downstairs and had a nap. I later woke up at 8 and since then had been smoking my remainder and also had some from mothers.

Until 12 PM.

I later started to vape at 12:56.

But I coul not hack my 30 watts with tiger coil at 0.6∆.

So put it down to 24 0n reuleaux Rx 200 and is now 0.56∆.

Still going out of it but can now forsee a day done if I don't slip up.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just about to have one until I seem mother only having 3 in her box, as she shares with sister in law and niece. She said that since I am doing well, I should stick to it.

I could get a box for myself but thinking otherwise.

It is now over 6 hours.

And not a sponge or tobacco leaf has touched my lips.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I was just about to have one until I seem mother only having 3 in her box, as she shares with sister in law and niece. She said that since I am doing well, I should stick to it.

I could get a box for myself but thinking otherwise.

It is now over 6 hours.

And not a sponge or tobacco leaf has touched my lips.

I know how that is, having a craving that has you watching the clock and counting the minutes. It's tough.

I think it's probably around 8 pm your time now? How are you doing? Is there anything you can do to get your mind off it and onto something else? If you can do that, the time will pass a lot easier.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did keep checking my phone for new posts to be fair. but I think that the champions league match will be paramount.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NOW BACK TO VAPING.

it must be a scare tactic to get me to smoke, as mother always berates vaping and what it is supposedly doing.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
All I know is that, from what my eyes can see, vaping saved my sister's life. She was diagnosed with COPD at age 43, her father died of emphysema at age 59, and she's 60 now and in so much better shape than when she smoked. She has been vaping for about eight years, and I truly do believe she'd have passed away by now if she had not quit smoking.

I guess everyone has different experiences that inform their beliefs, but I believe that vaping saves lives, as long as we aren't vaping OILS. The stigma that's attached to vaping these days, in large part, comes from people being uninformed about the causes of the deaths that happened a few years ago when people were vaping black market THC cartridges that contained oil-based liquids.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a nurse associate ejuice eliquid as oil.

I told her about the avail thing and said it is either E-Juice or E-Liquid.

I remember watching an ITV Special on Vaping, and they used Dr Wacko's words as gospal truth. I just can't remember his name. Kept getting papers retracted.

Stanton Glantz,

Aswell as the avail over here in the uk. but not too much like the US's

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No luck in the last few days of vaping as all I had done was smoke.

I have changed my thinking and went with my Lux MTL Device with a tobacco juice. But it has fruity tones that I did not pick up before.

So my new QUIT Date is the 15th June 2023 @ 1 PM.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

I have changed my thinking and went with my Lux MTL Device with a tobacco juice. But it has fruity tones that I did not pick up before.

Do you have a walk-in vape shop that will allow you to try samples of different eliquids?
I know finding a good strong flavor that I liked the taste of better than cigarettes helped me quit cigarettes.
At 1st I used Peppermint flavor eliquids, I like those, but-
it was a Cinnamon Fireball flavor that helped me quit cigarettes. I do not like any of the tobacco eliquids I tried.
Keep trying to quit smoking by vaping and most important is Will Power is needed too- best of luck to you.

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When I went out to eat with my mom, the older gentleman that cleans the place, noticed my mod and new tank that was just delivered right before living the home. He said he was vaping and quit. I straight out told him to start vaping again. He has loved ones, who own the restaurant, they need him around as long as possible.
As I'm sure your loved ones want you around as long as possible.
I know we all know you can this, just keep at it, we believe in you, you got this 👍

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling, but your new date is a really good quit date - it's my Vapeversary! It's been 12 years today, I do believe.

As @2WhiteWolves said, YOU CAN DO IT. When you fall off the wagon, just get up and get right back on.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@nadalama Happy Vapeversary.

If I had not smoke or even tried to smoke when I was doing my 42 days stent it would have been 6 years 8 months and 11 days for me.

But it is not.

I started to vape in August of 2015 and kept going back to the fags, but took me over a year to get past a month of vaping.

My 42 days was the 5th October 2016 - 14th November 2016. And wish I had kept it up,

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My threshold is about 2-3 an hour, but would love to have this at about 1 every 6 hours.

But then if I do have one then, I would just ditch the e-cig and smoke for the rest of the day.

So far I have had 10 cigs, and now is about 5 PM UK time.

Charging up my Lux and will then vape.

I have given my mother the remainder of my cigs to take downstairs so there is no distraction to smoke.

I will now Vape from now.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Keep up the good work!

It took me over 2 years of dual use to finally quit

I was a lot like you with lots of ups and downs, victories and defeats

Several things helped me and maybe could help you or someone else in the same boat

First, after a year, I started to notice "triggers" that made me give in to a cigarette craving. Once I recognized the situations that really made we want to smoke, I looked for coping mechanisms to help me avoid doing that

My brain would go into panic when in my head I said I would QUIT smoking. I started to saying to myself I would STOP smoking instead, because that was one of the triggers. A simple change of one word cut my triggers in half

Also, using NETS juice (naturally extracted tobacco) as it more closely mimics a cigarette over tobacco flavored juice.

Most importantly, I was able to get Whole Tobacco Alkaloids (WTA) to put in my DIY juice. These alkaloids are in tobacco and cigarettes and are much more addictive than nicotine alone. I don't know if this is available in UK, but deffo worth looking into as it saved me from the endless smoking/vaping cycle

For many, inhaling WTA in juice brings that calming feeling you get from a cigarette and that you can't get from vaping nicotine alone

Wishing you the best in this difficult journey, it is totally worth it

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It's easy(in theory)... just dont have any ciggs to smoke as it will make you not feal satisfied with getting your nic fix from vaping. Took me about a week untill i was 111% satisfied with only vaping.
Js imho

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I will return later (company is coming and I need to clean up) Many things to say but most have already been covered. Hang in there, don't hate yourself, and don't overthink this. It's not easy (at first) but gets easier. I dual used for months (but that got me down from pack a day to 5 a day :) ) Cigs have other compounds besides nicotine (that's what makes it so hard) Like I said... be back later with lots of tips and support.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All cleaned up and have few minutes before company comes.
Brief history of my trying to quit smoking (keep in mind I'm 62) Before vaping was a thing, quit smoking twice (once for 4 months, once for 2 months) Two things helped me... smoking low grade "homegrown" (MJ) and holding an unlit cig and just drawing air (pretend smoking) Both times, I did fine until something "triggered" me (like Lucy mentioned) Usually my job... manager could be an asshole. I would go buy a pack and just like that I was smoking again. Fast forward to 4 years ago. I wanted to quit, I didn't have much money (smokes had become very expensive) and worked with a few people that vaped. Bought my first simple vape device, some cheap 18 mg unflavored juice (e-liquid) and like I said, within months got down to 5 a day. Eventually got a better device, flavored juice (12 mg) and loved it. Soon after, quit completely for almost a year. At this point, you are proud of yourself, realize that you don't stink, don't have to look at that nasty ashtray full of butts, and your lungs feel better (that takes awhile and coughing is normal when you switch to vaping) I used to have a link to a list of things to expect when switching (does anyone else have a reference like that... I lost it)? Finding a good flavor (different for everone) helps. For me it was caramel/vanilla tobacco (and some fruit flavors) I have "slipped" several times (including recently) but always continue vaping and loving it (and forgive myself when I have a few smokes) Also, vaping can be such a fun hobby (the gear, the flavors, and even the vaping community... Like here at VU) I now build and do DIY.
Totally ignore what people say about vaping! It's mostly BS and people repeating what they have heard (from others and/or the media) None of us claim it is perfect but once those anti-vaping rumors got started, it's hard to convince people it was all propaganda (the seeds were planted and keep growing) Don't even bother arguing the point (just smile and walk away) I assume you are in the UK... at least there many people realize vaping can save lives (different story here in the US)
Whatever you do, don't even consider the drug Chantix (doesn't help... just another dangerous anti depressant) You have enough issues already (no offense but you did mention it)
We are here to help. Advice about gear, DIY (you are not ready for that... might just lead to frustration at first... wait till you are basically off the smokes) and support. Try to find a few juice flavors you like.
I forgot to ask... what nic strength are you using? It is rated by mg or % (example 3% = 30 mg)
You really don't need to give us an hour by hour update (but if that helps, feel free to do so)
Peace out, vape on!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Totally ignore what people say about vaping! It's mostly BS and people repeating what they have heard (from others and/or the media) None of us claim it is perfect but once those anti-vaping rumors got started, it's hard to convince people it was all propaganda (the seeds were planted and keep growing) Don't even bother arguing the point (just smile and walk away) I assume you are in the UK... at least there many people realize vaping can save lives (different story here in the US)

Agree with the ignoring part. I remember the worst pushback I got for vaping was from smokers :slowclap:

Also on the Chantix - nasty stuff

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I had smoked yesterday till 12 midnight I was watching Rocky II and vaped till just after 1.

Woke up at 12 PM as it was a hot night and I slept harder trying to dream.

But all I did was pick up my Lux and vaped till 2 pm. Then smoked till 10 PM.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got up at 2:06 PM Wednesday, and bought some more forum software, this time xenForo for my vaping site.

I had nearly had it down until I went to Cpanel and tried to delete the auto-upgrade tool for MyBB.

This ended in heartache and I had to do the whole process again.

Meaning I had to stay up for a day and a bit.

So my last cigarette was Yesterday at 14:15:00 PM June 22nd 2023.

So far so good as I have not touched one in a day,

but I will not lie as I went to bed at nearly 8 PM yesterday. As I was knackered.

Got up today at just after 1 PM. And went straight for my vape that I took last night to bed.

VU Sponsors