Become a Patron!

About the BILLIONTH! time I'm Quitting Smoking.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nearly 9 hours in and I think I have beat the dreaded want one phase.

But I still need sleep, so soon will be going to bed. To awaken for one, or just my Vape.

I smoked for over 40 yrs. (since I was a teen). Had no desire to quit. So bad I'd wake up at night to smoke & often fell back asleep w/a lit cig.! Thoroughly addicted to smoking. I tried the "accepted pharmacy products" that fail for most people (that's why it's still on the market!) w/out success. The ever-rising price of cigs got me thinking about quitting, but I was too hooked.

At a mall there was a kiosk selling the new e-cigs, when they were rather expensive. A major selling point for me was that you could use them anywhere (even on planes!) w/out a hassle - that was short-lived :-( . Anyway, I decided to try the (Green Nicotine) e-cigs. But I didn't stop smoking. I was getting the cheapest, nastiest cigs available. That helped me a lot!

As "vaping" became more widespread, cheaper, & more accessible, I got more into it. I vaped & smoked at the same time & therefore didn't feel like I was forcing myself & getting all stressed out about it. I started realizing that vaping tasted & smelled MUCH better than reg. cigs., & much less $$. It was a natural progression that worked for this cig. addict. NO stress, NO feeling like a failure, NO dwelling on it. What you're doing is "re-training" your brain, even if it takes awhile.

I didn't tell anyone (including myself) that I was trying to quit - just cut down a bit. I had to "ease" my brain into another way of thinking, for as long as it took, or my brain would rebel fiercely. I ,too, have mental health issues - anxiety & depression. Easing into it gently & privately didn't cause the anxiety to flare up.

Every once in awhile, I take a drag off a friend's cig., & it reinforces how nasty tasting & smelling they really are. It doesn't make me want to take it up again. No more burn holes or waking up to smoke either -what a bonus!

Don't set high expectations. Don't find fault in yourself if your brain just needs some time to adjust to a different source of nicotine. If necessary, talk to your doctor about prescribing a limited amount of an anti-anxiety medicine, if it doesn't exacerbate your mental health issues.

I find that stress, anxiety, & dwelling on it is counter-productive. This is also true of cancer. When I was told that I had breast cancer, I took it in stride, did what I had to do, & didn't freak out about it because that makes dealing w/ it much harder. I saw proof of that every time I went in for chemo. & radiation.

If a weak willed, totally addicted, & anxious person like me can do it ANYONE can! Experiment & find what works for you. Everyone is different.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@sr999 Sorry about the BC, and totally agree if anxious people can quit, then anyone can.

I too could have quit totally back in 2016, but you know that first cigarette, a full cigarette that is smoked. You end up buying a packet and smoking them.

@sr999 Sorry about the BC, and totally agree if anxious people can quit, then anyone can.

I too could have quit totally back in 2016, but you know that first cigarette, a full cigarette that is smoked. You end up buying a packet and smoking them.
Oh yeah, been there done that! So, try what I did - smoke & vape, until you're convinced that you like vaping better. Try to vape more & smoke less for as long as it takes.

Oh yeah, been there, done that! So try what I did - smoke & vape, until you convince yourself that you like vaping more & it's less $$ than cigs. And buy the nastiest tasting cigs. you can find! (sorry about posting twice)

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could, but my mother would not be pleased, as I have to go to the shops to buy hers. And she only has one brand.

If I was that desperate, I would smoke crack, if it was free. But I have not touched one since yesterday at 5 PM UK Time.

So I have done 1 day 4 hours and 35 minutes. @sr999

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far I have had 3 in the last hour And will restart my journey.

So I know that I am a fool to have lit them.

My journey starts at 3 AM on the 31st of July 2023

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I went to bed at about 8:30 and forgot to take my tablets, then woke up at 1:30 PM Tuesday.

Just in time for my injection, only to come back home and smoke the remaining cigs I had since Saturday which was 11, I then later got a packet from the shop. Only to smoke 4 by 1 AM last night.

Since then I have not touched one.

And now it is nearing 13 hours done without.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had done 1 day and 19 hours and 40 Minutes before lighting one, then had another 3 by 10 PM.

So In all had done 43 hours and 40 minutes before lighting one.

And had slept for over 18 hours as I needed the rest since staying up the previous day.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I had been smoking the majority of Friday and Saturday, only to cadge some from mother, until midnight last night.

I then went to bed trying to sleep and later went downstairs to get something to eat.

I ate a bag of crisps. And then went back to bed.

Got up during the night and slept some downstairs, then went back to bed.

I later woke up at nearly 12:30 PM and vaped.

I am still Vsping.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh Yeah, and it's my birthday in 2 months' time.

So if I can be clear the 6th of August to the 6th of October will be 2 months, and since I quit smoking today. I just might be able to beat my 42 days so 61 days it will be by my birthday.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nearly a day done, and I have not touched one. Although, I know that I should not.

As if I do, I will fall foul of smoking again.

Alao I do not want to aggregate a coughing fit, and then pass out.

Less than 10 minutes until?

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nearly 2 days and 17 hours, and I have touched one, but only to count mothers.

I am still flaking out, but not as much.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had asked for one about 4 times now, and Once I even showed Mother I was holding her packet for one.

She snatched it off me. Saying I have done so good why bother to break a habit?

And besides I only have about 5:30 hours left before it becomes 4 days.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had been smoking on Thursday and Friday, but only 1 packet instead of 3 during the two days.

I went to bed after having my Last Cigarette at 12 after midnight. And I then got up at 16:20 today.

Since then I have been vaping.

But I did reach 4.5 days without smoking. And now I know it is doable.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've caved into the temptation and had nearly a packet.

I still have 10 left, after having 10 and 3 of mothers.

So I will either Quit by 9 tonight or midnight.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had been smoking since Thursday, and that is not on.

As I have undone the work I had done, as I would have had 6 days under my belt on Thursday. Meaning I would now be into my 10th day.

So as of 14:00 PM UK Time, I have Quit smoking.

But since we are 1 hour ahead it would show up as 13:00 on banners.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yesterday at 14:00 PM I had been Vaping, and then my disposable died so I had to get one of 2 that I already had.

It is now day 2 of this journey and I am advising myself to go the distance. And Not to Smoke.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After a week and a half of smoking, I need to get back to Vaping, since smoking is more accessible and only lasts for about 10 minutes at a time.

I have come to the conclusion that I am an idiot for smoking.

Walter Ladd

Member For 4 Years
This worked for me: (no artificial flavors)
Tobacco Extracts at 12mg Burley or Virginia
An Aspire Nautilus atomizer w/1.6 coil at 12 watts
I got the tobacco I love without the smoke.
It's been almost ten years now without a cig. No regrets. Still love tobacco.
Google Real Tobacco Extracts and pick a leaf variety.
As President of the Former Idiot Society I welcome you!

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same thing as last time, I have been an IDIOT for smoking.

During this week I have mostly been smoking. And I still have 3 left in my packet.

Yet, I have been vaping a few hours here and there.

But since 2:30 PM UK Time. I have been vaping since today.

Walter Ladd

Member For 4 Years
In my case only tobacco would do. I never had any intention of giving up tobacco, it was the smoke that had to go. Nothing will change until you desire the change. I loved tobacco so that was a problem I had to solve. Try vaping the tobacco extracts - it might work for you as it did for me. I don't feel I had to give anything up by making the switch. Good taste, hand to mouth action, nicotine all I wanted was still there without the smoke. Good luck!
Same thing as last time, I have been an IDIOT for smoking.

During this week I have mostly been smoking. And I still have 3 left in my packet.

Yet, I have been vaping a few hours here and there.

But since 2:30 PM UK Time. I have been vaping since today.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Hello all, I have not posted for some time, and am now on the way to QUIT SMOKING.

I am DL on the Siren V2, on top of Evic VTwo running at just 14 watts, with a single coil, running at 133Ω's.

The reason for this post is that Fags are now too damn expensive and I want to quit smoking. Just as I have always had this incline of doing all that time ago, on UK vapers.

But now I am set up with a multitude of Concentrates, and premade.

I have about 2.5 litres of 72mg Nicotine in PG solution and in the freezer.

Mother has a hard time getting stuff in the freezer out of three compartments she only has two for herself.

If somebody would like to see my journey of not smoking and only vaping, Then please leave a post.
stopping smoking is easy. i have done it often!

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
stopping smoking is easy. i have done it often!
Yep, i used to quit smoking every night when i went to bed. The mornings always ruined it tho.

Im not gonna give u any advice p2p, u just gotta do it, lol. Think of the money u save, think of being lazy and not having to go to the store, good luck man, i vaped on and off for 10 years b4 i found a setup that worked for me

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't been updating you all and still have been smoking, but a few hours here and there with vaping. I say that I would prefer vaping over smoking any day. But it is the easibility of cigs that keeps me wanting more.

Two weeks ago Thursday I had to dismantle my computer desk and get ready for a man or woman to do a boiler change, This meant taking the carpets up and flooring. So copper piping could be installed to do a new combi boiler.

I have just put everything back and had to order a new desk as the one I did have would have been too much to keep.

I was planning on Quitting Smoking Midnight Tonight. But since I have smoked a cig and finished at 6 PM, I will say my new quit day is now.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has nearly been two weeks since I last updated you guys, I have still been smoking, and I think my cough and going out of it is worsening.

Granted, I can push myself to do a few hours here and there, but this is not enough on my account. And I need to have some comments to spur me on. Instead of seeing likes, could you please post a comment?

As you know, that old saying. "Feels like I am talking to myself".

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
It has nearly been two weeks since I last updated you guys, I have still been smoking, and I think my cough and going out of it is worsening.

Granted, I can push myself to do a few hours here and there, but this is not enough on my account. And I need to have some comments to spur me on. Instead of seeing likes, could you please post a comment?

everytime you light a fag, put a dollar in a jar, there will be a time when you need a couple of bucks and your jar will show you how much it will help you to stop.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
everytime you light a fag, put a dollar in a jar, there will be a time when you need a couple of bucks and your jar will show you how much it will help you to stop.
Make it realistic, everytime u smoke put TEN dollars in a jar

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year

I usually dont wanna droll on on a topic like this with someone, i feel like i am just keeping your mind on smoking, but if u want the discourse...

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I was thinking everytime u want to go buy a pack, but u r right. Damn, i thought we had it bad, 20 a pack? Thats robbery
i s

aid a dollar as in australia a 20 pack of fags is 20 bucks so every fag costs you 1 buck

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I dont usually buy tobacco in dime bags, lol, whats that equate to in american

Edit oh, like a pouch of drum, for instance?

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Damn, i could make a fortune shipping u cigs from an indian reservation, or save u a fortune even, cuz im nice.

Shame we r not allowed

Last edited:

Walter Ladd

Member For 4 Years
Get your revolver out of the closet. Put a round in it every time you light up. Spin the barrel. It worked for me! (Just switch to vape)

VU Sponsors