Become a Patron!

About the BILLIONTH! time I'm Quitting Smoking.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have now completed my first day again.

Since 3 PM yesterday, I started to Vape again since staying up all night trying to do a day off the dreaded weed that is tobacco.

But it takes a toll on your mental health if you constantly stay up all night.

So I went to bed at 10 PM last night and awakened at 1 PM today, usually, it is either 10 AM - 12 PM that i get up.

This was to get my Mental health depo for Psychosis.

Do ZERO CIGGS. JUST vape. If need be vape extra. Toss the ciggs. Taper with vape or stay with vape. Or this will never end buddy (imo) :)

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just dont smoke ciggs. Dont buy or keep any on hand. Your complicating the fulk out this.
Jmho
I was a 2.5 pack a day smoker for 20 years.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it is now 31 hours since last one, and i am keeping my disposable with me at all times, apart from when I sleep.

also, I find it difficult when I have to buy my mother's, also my sister-in-law and niece smoke when they come around.

My nephew has a disposable and quit smoking about 20 days ago.

Yet my mother is adamant that vaping is just as bad, when you are having nicotine in your system.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only another 15 hours until 2 days are done.

And I am going to bed after I take my medication.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Only another 15 hours until 2 days are done.

And I am going to bed after I take my medication.

Quit watching the clock on how long you've gone without. That will only be a reminder and give power to what you're without. Your goal is to not even notice you are without whatever.

At times that can be difficult, I understand. Then, I've faced a life without a great deal of stuff. Usually, people can enjoy the scent of a lover. Not me, not ever.

Got to ask myself if I've never had, how can I miss it? I do not. I think it might be nice to experience. My thinking a thing does not always make it so. I quit reminding myself of it, go on and live life.

No point moping over it. Life has never come contractually obligated to be fair, never will. So what? It's the same for us all. I know you furrow a hard row. Stop and consider others may as well, or even have it worse.

... Sorry if I'm sounding too harsh. Trying to help you get past what I see as a mistake.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like to update everyone on how well I am doing, @MyMagicMist as I have a lot of time on my hands and sometimes feel I am anti-social at home, usually because I am not currently talking or in a discussion.

When I post about my well-being I feel that I have accomplished something, as you will see by my thread count here.

I used to post erratic threads about my quitting. But have ceased to do so, as now I know it was seen to be like trolling.

I am formally from a forum that has no name now, since ceasing to exist.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It will be coming up to 12 hours before 2 days are done.

Since I am keeping my mind active, I am forgetting the cigarettes and just vaping when needing to.

Not that I go hours without or chain vaping, I am just vaping to keep me sane.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I'm on the spearmint disposable.

Just gone 6 AM and only less than 9 hours until.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a lot of time on my hands and sometimes feel I am anti-social at home, usually because I am not currently talking or in a discussion.
Comprehend that feeling, well. Often left to myself to work, and not much for conversing at home now, either. Not much to talk about anyway.
When I post about my well-being I feel that I have accomplished something,
I am learning we truly accomplish little to nothing in our time on Earth. Ultimately, there isn't much of concern. Excuse me.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will not lie but I have had 3 since 6:30 AM until 8:00 AM.

And I am not going to count these at all, as I want to accrue time spent not smoking.

So nearly 6 Hours until 2 days done.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That's it...you just have to keep doing the next right thing. When we fall, we hope not to just stay down there on the ground!

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok Then, the challenge was accepted this time on my terms.

I will have to be the one who does not smoke and start again at 1 PM.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think my downfall was lack of sleep, as I stayed up again.

I should have known better than to get one.

Finally got some shut-eye, only to wake up and instantly vape.

Tried to get my nephew to taste a concoction that I created.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a MoJo Bar Strawberry Kiwi, and the draw is different comparing the Elf Bar.

Although, still a nice flavour.

Got another 4 Disposables to tie me over.

Last edited:

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I woke up at 3:30 PM (15:27) as I needed the sleep, since going to bed at about 12:05 AM (00:05).

As I had stayed up the other day.

Got up and picked up my disposable, and went downstairs, only to be greeted by grief from my brother and cousin, saying about recording me when I pass out, because of my NARROW THROAT.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far since Tuesday, I have had 10 cigarettes, 3 Wednesday and 7 Today.

I count that as a win as I would have had 100-120 within that time.

I would have liked to say It is my 2nd day done, but it is.

Also, I stayed up till 3 AM last night as my nephew's fiancé was having a baby, and now I am a Great Uncle.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So far since Tuesday, I have had 10 cigarettes, 3 Wednesday and 7 Today.

I count that as a win as I would have had 100-120 within that time.

I would have liked to say It is my 2nd day done, but it is.

Also, I stayed up till 3 AM last night as my nephew's fiancé was having a baby, and now I am a Great Uncle.

Congratulations! Hope Mama and Baby are doing well!

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have nearly had 19 today, so have broke my duck and will start again tonight at 12 AM.

I now know that I can quit smoking, just that when bored tend to lean towards smoking.

I must now break that habit and not smoke any more.

I KNOW I CAN DO THIS NOW AND WILL NO LONGER SMOKE ANY MORE AFTER TONIGHT.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's now 29 hours since I started so a day and 5 hours have been done, and I am missing my Lemon and Lime vape.
My mom went into a vape shop with me, it's been a few yrs ago. She sat there with me until she and I found an E-liquid we both liked. Me liking the taste and her enjoying the smell of it. We both agreed on a Lemon Cookie Dough or could just have been a Lemon Cookie, hmm not sure which one. But anyway each time I was around her I vaped it and she always enjoyed the smell of it :)

Last edited:

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had 3 from 6:30 until 8:00 AM.

I am going to brush them aside and continue.

Now I know that If I am Determined I can do marvellous things.

Now I wish I never got that damned Peach Ice. As I Get no flavour from it.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had later smoked a packet and left 4 for my mother as she was running low, I did give her 1 though, so my intake yesterday was 18 3 off hers and 15 of mine.

But I did do 6 hours of vaping.

Today I have had 6 and finished my last at just over 5 PM.

So my new Quit Date is the 18th of July 2023 at 17:01 (5:01 PM)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a tough time at first too, I smoked 4 packs a day from a high stress job that became "the norm", it was people of this forum that supported me through it, WE ALL KNOW YOU CAN DO IT MY FRIEND, and are sure here to help you in any way we can.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since my last post, I had 9 during the night.

Then smoked all day yesterday.

Had my last 2 in the morning today and borrowed 6 to have before 4 PM.

I now have 1 left from 6. And started again at 4 PM.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Over 1 day 4 hours.

I am onto my last disposable, and my nephew is going to get me some 3500 puffs variants, instead of me buying the regulated 600 puffs type.

I told him to get me 2 Lemon and Lime and him to choose the other 2.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
15 Hours 30 Minutes until 2 days done.

So I think now that I have figured out that I do not need the smokes, as I am typing this I am in doubt that Vaping can work, only if your heart and soul are in it.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have since been smoking and stayed up all night yet again.

Nearly smoke a packet within 6 hours. From 6 AM to 12 PM.

I am now Vaping again since 12 PM today.

Bought 2 Dis as my last vape died.

Just waiting on my nephew to get the 3500 puffs Disposables.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am now going to enter my 11th hour yet again.

But I know that I can do this. I just have to resist temptation.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am starting again at 5 PM today, as I just cannot seem to stay clear of smoking.

But it is now 2 hours since I started again, at 7:01-7:03 as I type this.

My only consolation is that no matter what I do I always return to smoking.

And I think it has got something to do with my Paranoia, as being diagnosed with Schizophrenia.

I like the fact that I can have one here and there, but it always returns to smoking a packet and a half.

VU Sponsors