Become a Patron!

About the BILLIONTH! time I'm Quitting Smoking.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Its all good, i just meant that one night, i know yer still gonna smoke

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has nearly been 4 hours since I have had one, and I planned my quit on the hour of 4 PM UK Time.

Since I am using Disposables, I will need help getting onto my mod and only use that.

I find it challenging to get adequate clouds yet not cough.

I will use an eVic VTwo, mod, and Siren V2, with all open airflow.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It has nearly been 4 hours since I have had one, and I planned my quit on the hour of 4 PM UK Time.

Since I am using Disposables, I will need help getting onto my mod and only use that.

I find it challenging to get adequate clouds yet not cough.

I will use an eVic VTwo, mod, and Siren V2, with all open airflow.

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
:luck:

One day P2PLeon your intention will take strong hold and your wish to quit cigarettes will be fulfilled.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just dropping by to offer you some encouragement. I am in the midst of re-quitting myself. March of 2020 I bummed a smoke. I hadn't had a cigarette in 2.5 years at that point. But that one turned to another and soon I was back up to my old pack+ a day habit. Just in the last week I started pulling out some of my old vape stuff and figured out what I wanted to use to start. Also came back to VU for the first time in about 6 years.

Anyway, now that I have started vaping again, I am not rushing to immediately quit. I am going to let myself dual use as long as needed. I think the stress of trying to set a quit date, keeping tabs on how long it's been since my last smoke, etc simply makes quitting harder rather than easier for me. I'm simply letting myself be content with smoking less, and letting things take their own course.

I built and filled two attys this morning, and have smoked half of what I normally would in one day. I consider that a win for now.

Guess my point is maybe don't focus on trying to quit smoking, focus on trying to vape more and smoke less. One day at a time.

Good luck to you on your vape journey.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am starting to have new members signed up for my forum, but none have posted anything.

It was just me, me, me, and a few others. It was about 5 of us, now there are 22 members.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have hardly been trying to quit. And now I am still at my average for smoking.

But as the days and weeks go by, I find that when I am smoking, my coughing is exacerbated, and I cannot breathe; then I go out like a light. But it takes time to either come around or to breathe.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have hardly been trying to quit. And now I am still at my average for smoking.

But as the days and weeks go by, I find that when I am smoking, my coughing is exacerbated, and I cannot breathe; then I go out like a light. But it takes time to either come around or to breathe.
This isn't good at all my friend, maybe you should try doin lung exercises. When you do them you WILL realize what damage you are doin to your lungs with those stinkies.
Come on man we all know you can do it, just throw the cigarettes away
You only get one set of lungs

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
This isn't good at all my friend, maybe you should try doin lung exercises. When you do them you WILL realize what damage you are doin to your lungs with those stinkies.
Come on man we all know you can do it, just throw the cigarettes away
You only get one set of lungs
jimi, my friend quit fags after smoking for 4oyrs or so. 3 days after quiting he died od a heart attack! my granddad died at 101yrs old, he smoked unfiltered fags all his life. my uncle died of lung cancer at 47, he never smoked in his life, hmm live can be weird my friend.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My dad died of cancer of the tongue and had an operation on his neck, and my grandparents died of leukaemia and lung cancer. My dad's dad died of a heart attack whilst on a plane to Spain.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
jimi, my friend quit fags after smoking for 4oyrs or so. 3 days after quiting he died od a heart attack! my granddad died at 101yrs old, he smoked unfiltered fags all his life. my uncle died of lung cancer at 47, he never smoked in his life, hmm live can be weird my friend.

Yeah Walton, but while I never want to put pressure on P2PLeon, because I think it can make things harder rather than easier, I would say the reason to stop smoking is not that you could die from cigarettes, but that you could live, become increasingly unable to breathe, get chained to oxygen, lose your ability to even walk from one room to another because you can't breathe anymore, can't get oxygen, feel bad all the time.

We all are different, and we all have our expiration date, but I can't just tell someone to keep smoking and not worry about it.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll tell you what good sir, I will join you in that. Though not at 4:05 UK time obviously since I missed that deadline already. But no more smoking for me either after today.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I lasted until today at 12:22 but now I have had two cigs already and I have got a new packet.

I am getting paid tomorrow so tonight will quit.

Just so you know, I have been having a difficult time off lately.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I slipped also. But as they say "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." I think the important thing is that we are trying, so this is just a minor setback.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi @SirKadly, I have seen your signature and wonder how you are doing regarding not smoking.

i have not had a good time of late, and just today, at 12:02 PM, I started my vaping adventure.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cannot help myself to smoke, as it is an embedded habit that I want to get rid of.
But as you know, with my constant posts, I always return to smoking.

I want to look back and say that was the day I quit smoking, but if I continue, there will be no post saying this.

So now I am back to disposables that will eventually die out. But if I can continue to use these, I will.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I cannot help myself to smoke, as it is an embedded habit that I want to get rid of.
But as you know, with my constant posts, I always return to smoking.

I want to look back and say that was the day I quit smoking, but if I continue, there will be no post saying this.

So now I am back to disposables that will eventually die out. But if I can continue to use these, I will.

P2PLeon, I wish I could help.

I really don't think putting pressure on yourself to quit all at once, and declare yourself a nonsmoker, is working. Many who quit cigarettes by vaping had a time of dual use. For me it was about six weeks. I smoked when I wanted to, and chose vaping as often as possible instead. I tried a lot of vape flavors until I found some I loved. The combination of a good, reliable device, supplies for re-charging, refilling, etc., backups for the backups, and a flavor you LOVE, will let vaping take over.

That said, I still had to endure a really hard quit day. Even though I'd been vaping more and more, smoking less and less, the body doesn't trust nic from vaping as it does from the old cigarette standby, which has additives that make it more addictive. There is a difficult withdrawal, but after that quit day I had no more trouble with cigarette cravings. Some people do have to fight cravings after their quit day.

Just don't give up. A new day will come when your resolve returns. If you want to quit cigarettes, I believe there is a successful path for you.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been up since 11 yesterday and had one of my last cigarette at 12;30 AM last night. I have stayed up trying to fathom out a few questions for university.

But since I still do want to quit smoking, I have been having a disposable and bought 4 more this morning as I have not had one in nearly 14 hours and I am happy this way.

Granted I cannot smoke nor vape outside when walking as if a coughing fit starts I will fall and keel over.

I will update you all either tonight or tomorrow if I am still vaping.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am now back on the disposables and had my last ciggy at 12 midnight.

When I awake I will and should still be on them.

So my new Quit should be 12th February 2024 @ 00:00:00 AM

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have found out that I am lethargic to freebase nicotine, meaning this is what is causing me to cough profusely. So I ended up throwing about 2.5 litres down the drain as it was 7 years old and could not give it away here in the UK.

So now I have to have 0 Nic juices.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors