Become a Patron!

Absurd Juice Prices....

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I love my juice mixes and my lil nemi that can keep up..
my ipv mini 2 is good too, but nothing beats my nemi ;)

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you smoked did you list smoking as one of your hobbies?
We use vaping as a sorta kinda way of doing what we used to. if taking a nic pill would have worked we'd be doing it.
I know some real tough guys who quit cold turkey, broke the tv yelled at their wives, were a total ass to be around for a month or so.. Me not that tough

My hobbies include tennis camping and inhaling pg vg with chemicals in it.
sounds pretty silly if it were not that we're not getting away from something worse.

Anyone see family guy where peter agrees to not drink and brian comes in and peter has a crack pipe

I smoked a lot of cigs not because i wanted them but because i was addicted to them and hated myself for the weakness.
Vapinng is for me a tool, like a hammer when I have driven the nail, i do not keep holding the hammer..

For me it's a healthier cigarette replacement. I am a nicotine and caffeine addict. I've been vaping 4.5 years, 4 years on pretty much the same mods, and 1-2 years with the same RBAs and unflavored. Vaped 12mg for all but the first few months where I started at 18mg. I just cut down to 6mg but it's only because I am running double coils. That's my happy place with how much I like to vape. Never felt better.

Vaping is nic dosing for me and I could easily switch to nicorette gum at this point, but vaping seems better for me than ruining my teeth and absorbing all the other chemicals in the gum. Definitely more fun than a pill.

True, these forums are dangerous for getting carried away and spending fortunes on things that are just fun rather than straight out maintaining nicotine dosing, yes, a hobby. They are also a huge support group for quitters, so don't underestimate that. I probably wouldn't have stuck with it without them. So for all the extra doodads I was forum influenced to buy, they are more than worth it because I am still not smoking and enjoy my vaping. I expect to vape this nicotine level as long as my body is happy with it.

There are certainly pipe and cigar smokers who make smoking an expensive hobby.

u2smile

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For me it's a healthier cigarette replacement. I am a nicotine and caffeine addict. I've been vaping 4.5 years, 4 years on pretty much the same mods, and 1-2 years with the same RBAs and unflavored. Vaped 12mg for all but the first few months where I started at 18mg. I just cut down to 6mg but it's only because I am running double coils. That's my happy place with how much I like to vape. Never felt better.

Vaping is nic dosing for me and I could easily switch to nicorette gum at this point, but vaping seems better for me than ruining my teeth and absorbing all the other chemicals in the gum. Definitely more fun than a pill.

True, these forums are dangerous for getting carried away and spending fortunes on things that are just fun rather than straight out maintaining nicotine dosing, yes, a hobby. They are also a huge support group for quitters, so don't underestimate that. I probably wouldn't have stuck with it without them. So for all the extra doodads I was forum influenced to buy, they are more than worth it because I am still not smoking and enjoy my vaping. I expect to vape this nicotine level as long as my body is happy with it.

There are certainly pipe and cigar smokers who make smoking an expensive hobby.

Thank you ! you are the one who is honest as to what you do and why.
I fear for the kids who vape because it is cool, like i did when i picked up the cigs
So adult, so sophisticated, so cool
what if they chemicals cause renal failure in 10 years, foolish kid dies for cool, with his huge mod
and blueberyvanillastrawberrycake juice.

As a recovering alcoholic, I see people who are just as addicted to going to meetings as they were to the booze. Any addiction is bad. it is a loss of self control.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We use vaping as a sorta kinda way of doing what we used to. if taking a nic pill would have worked we'd be doing it.
I know some real tough guys who quit cold turkey, broke the tv yelled at their wives, were a total ass to be around for a month or so.. Me not that tough

My hobbies include tennis camping and inhaling pg vg with chemicals in it.
sounds pretty silly if it were not that we're not getting away from something worse.

Anyone see family guy where peter agrees to not drink and brian comes in and peter has a crack pipe

I smoked a lot of cigs not because i wanted them but because i was addicted to them and hated myself for the weakness.
Vapinng is for me a tool, like a hammer when I have driven the nail, i do not keep holding the hammer..

I think you might be in the wrong forum. Vaping, for many people, is a hobby. It's not required. Most people that quit smoking using vaping do not spend time here arguing about whether it's a hobby. They buy their pen style and clearo's and some juice. Some come here and find the best set ups and juice for them and don't post often.

There really is no point in arguing about it. If you just want to quit smoking, nobody is arguing with you that it needs to be a hobby. They are simply explaining that to them, vaping has become a hobby.

u2smile

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think you might be in the wrong forum. Vaping, for many people, is a hobby. It's not required. Most people that quit smoking using vaping do not spend time here arguing about whether it's a hobby. They buy their pen style and clearo's and some juice. Some come here and find the best set ups and juice for them and don't post often.

There really is no point in arguing about it. If you just want to quit smoking, nobody is arguing with you that it needs to be a hobby. They are simply explaining that to them, vaping has become a hobby.

Do you really want an addiction to be a hobby?
Why?

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
TOO FUNNY you have failed to read this thread in total.. I make most of my own juices
I refuse to be sucked into a gadget mentality, become a cloud chaser, be a yuppie vaper with my 80 buck juice.
I mean really is this what you want for yourself another expense, inhaling god knows what....
It proves my point when you become defensive. you are now hooked on vaping.

I am not trying to bust anyones chops, but am asking you to look at what you do and why.
As I run outside to vape, i feel more like an addict, than I ever did causally lighting up a cig.
and that is what I am an addict.

Umm I run a DIY Vapor Shop. We make a line of Max VG, 50/50 and 70/30. But also supply all of the people within 150 miles with flavor concentrates, pg, vg, nic etc... Carry 5 full flavor lines TPA, FW, Lorann, Capella and Flavor Art. Also have half of a couple more and are adding 5 more companies. Not to mention all the beakers, cylinders, syringes, bottles(glass from 15ml to Gallons and plastic for about the same). No large backers or company to fund us. We help young entrepreneurs get off the ground by and work with local and state governments to help them see the truth through the propaganda machine.

So idk what the hell you are talking about. I don't pay for juice and I know exactly what is in it lol. But I will buy and support fellow juice makers who create a great product like Yosh and others.

This is a vaping forum, what else would we be doing on here? Not here to troll like you. I support the movement and have seen the positive effect it has made on so many people's lives.

If I knew I'd be responsible for helping even 1 person not get cancer from the carcinogens in tobacco products this would have been worth it. Now that it's hundreds I should do what? Oh yeah stop vaping and what shut down the shop? I'm sorry you feel like a crack head sneaking out to vape but why are you so insecure? Go grab a cigarette, smell like shit, tar up those lungs, lose your taste of everything again and look at 2 other smokers by you and know that one of you WILL get cancer.

Also who said anything about being cloud chasers? You must have read that in one of our non existent cloud chasing posts??? I use a VaporShark rdna40 in public with a mini Sub Tank w/nickel OCCs , or a Derringer with a single coil nickel build. I only use my low builds in the shop or my home. I build solely for the flavor and heat of the juice I'm vaping.
Be proud of the fact that you vape and inform the uninformed.

u2smile

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
***I support the movement and have seen the positive effect it has made on so many people's lives***
Thank you have proven my point.
It is not now an addiction or a hobby.....BUT a movement .....Really?
Is that what you meant to say?.

Next you have NO idea of what the long term effects of what you sell will be.
Scary huh?

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
***I support the movement and have seen the positive effect it has made on so many people's lives***
Thank you have proven my point.
It is not now an addiction or a hobby.....BUT a movement .....Really?
Is that what you meant to say?.

it is.. to learn to live by vaping healthier than smoking 6k in chemicals on a cancer stick.
the more you share, yes.. movement.. I am proud to watch others learn and leave the stinkies behind.

Are you not happy with yourself for not smoking now??
Do you not feel the benefits? Do they not outweigh what used to cost you to kill yourself with cigs?

u2smile

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your thread started out bitchin about juice cost, LOL
Now we are all addicts of our hobbies.
Boy did this thread change gears.
Also check your pm's about your postings and our edits. Thank you

Ah mod are you against free speech? Against a free exchange of ideas that are not to your liking?
there is a line between moderation and censorship.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah mod are you against free speech? Against a free exchange of ideas that are not to your liking?

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire
Here in this forum we draw the lines with our rules which are posted for all to see, I suggest you look them over and if you don't like them , then don't sign on here. Have a good day:)

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Therein lies the problem. You didn't smoke because you wanted to. I did. You looked for an alternative because of self hate based on weakness. I bumped into Ecigs and thought it would be cool if I could use those in my rig (trucker) and my stuff wouldn't smell like an ashtray. I never intended to quit smoking, it just happened. So now I vape, and don't intend to quit doing that.

Now, as far as the hobby comment goes, you clearly don't get it and that is fine. My hobby isn't inhaling anything. That makes as much sense as saying people who do woodwork create piles of sawdust as a hobby. They don't. They build stuff for a hobby and put it to practical use. My hobby is tinkering with mods and atomizers. Building stuff. I then put the products that my hobby produces to practical use.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ah mod are you against free speech?
There is no free speech here. It costs money to have this forum. We speak at the pleasure of those who pay the bills. We have no right to do so, only the privilege so long as it is allowed.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Voltaire

We welcome everyone's opinions here.

However, if you feel that we are moderating to the point of censorship, here is a link to another large vaping forum that has a well known reputation regarding the support of free speech for all of their membership.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

I wish you the very best.

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Your thread started out bitchin about juice cost, LOL
Now we are all addicts of our hobbies.
Boy did this thread change gears.
Also check your pm's about your postings and our edits. Thank you
It was at the point where I thought he was trolling, then I was like nah he must be a shill (but for what smoking? Or some anti vape lobbyist group?), finally I just realized he has no idea what he is or what he represents.
Here in this forum we draw the lines with our rules which are posted for all to see, I suggest you look them over and if you don't like them , then don't sign on here. Have a good day:)
Simple enough lol
We welcome everyone's opinions here.

However, if you feel that we are moderating to the point of censorship, here is a link to another large vaping forum that has a well known reputation regarding the support of free speech for all of their membership.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

I wish you the very best.
You killed me with this one... Straight out of the box

u2smile

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone see family guy where peter agrees to not drink and brian comes in and peter has a Staff edit pipe

The missing word was said on national tv, it is what happens to a plastic tank with some juices.
It is that thing you have your nose in mod.....
I hate closed little minds.
funny BOY that is the only power you will ever have.
So good bye.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This thread did go south. Honestly I lost the point when @Time and I started discussing nicotine.

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol so true. The self proclaimed addict and conspiracy theorist killed it though. Not the 100mg/pure nic chat.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You mean like folks who plan to vape only as long as it takes to break their nic addiction, so they think everyone else should plan to quit too? Closed minds that figure since they never rebuilt a lighter it would be silly to rebuild an atomizer? That kind?

My mind is open, just not far enough to allow your thoughts to fall in as mine fall out. I wish you luck in vaping to quit. I think it's good that you want to do that. I didn't see anyone try to talk you out of it. We're a pretty open and accepting group here, but that doesn't mean we're all going to do it your way.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
IT has been taken care of .. thanks Whiskey!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Anyone see family guy where peter agrees to not drink and brian comes in and peter has a Staff edit pipe

The missing word was said on national tv, it is what happens to a plastic tank with some juices.
So good bye.

This is what happens when after hitting "register" you start typing about how expensive halo is (I still don't understand why "don't buy halo" didn't solve it) and never bother to read the forum RULES.

If you had taken that minor but important step you would have caught

Rule NUMBER 1. No Drug/Dry Herb related pics, videos, posts, or Drug/Dry Herb references in comments please.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
We have 5 fucking rules and some people can not handle following them.

It blows my mind when forums like ECF have a 75 page rule list and we have:

Be an Adult!

1. No Drug/Dry Herb related pics, videos, posts, or Drug/Dry Herb references in comments please.

2. No racist, homophobic, bigoted, sexist terms will be tolerated.

3. Only one user membership per person.

4. No posting of nudity pictures- Removals/warnings will be up to the Staff/Admin to determine

5. No Raffles are to be sold for profit or otherwise. Contact a Admin about legal Charity raffles.

Moderators are monitoring the forum at all times

I mean if you have this much trouble following these very simple rules then how are you able to function in the real world and how come you're not dead or in prison already? - 5150

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

Be an Adult!

1. No Drug/Dry Herb related pics, videos, posts, or Drug/Dry Herb references in comments please.

4. No posting of nudity pictures- Removals/warnings will be up to the Staff/Admin to determine

5. No Raffles are to be sold for profit or otherwise. Contact a Admin about legal Charity raffles.

I mean if you have this much trouble following these very simple rules then how are you able to function in the real world and how come you're not dead or in prison already? - 5150

and that... is a reality check.. thank you @5150sick :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He can't hear you 5150.......

tumblr_mzkndoDoZT1tobqiho1_500_zps69c7d277.gif

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Be an Adult!

Yup I'm a mod on an Android (unlock/root/roms etc...) forum and it's amazing how idiotic some people are. XDA-developers is like the ECF of the Android world. All opinions, attitude, off topic conversations etc... will get you kicked/banned. Which is why I stay away from there whenever possible. That's why I am just going to stay away from ECF as well. I heard about VU from some fellow experienced vapers and it sounded like my kind of place. Chill, but well policed with simple policies/rules and an overall understanding of what is wrong with the XDA's of the world. You guys were more than fair and he'll have a very rude awakening if he goes over there.

I just started DIY and went for the Nude Nicotine Kit. So far, the only thing I haven't used is the nicotine test kit. All of the juices I made taste good. My favorites of the ones I received are Boysenberry Jam, Shirley Temple and Blueberry Mojito. The process was much easier than expected and I made a mixing tool from a hand sander that works wonders by warming and mixing in less than a minute. There is absolutely no throat hit at 6mg. Very smooth. Next order will be just the 100mg/ml nic, VG, PG, and flavors. If you don't want to pay B&M prices I would at least try DIY. For 100$, I can make over 1000ml of juice using the kit and the price will be much less next time I order supplies now that I know exactly what I need.

statseeker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm just thinking, if you don't support B&Ms how are we going to pay the lobbyists in state Senates to tell their members to vote no on limits to liquid nic sales. You won't. Even online is going to be watered down to 15% or less and 3x the price. This is the reality DIYers. The anti-tobacco people are coming after your vape hobby. Time to make a deal with the devil that has money to fight this battle...Big Tobacco. DIYers are killing it. Liquid nic sales will be strongly regulated. Once they are, it'll be hard to tell much difference between cheap DIY and store bought on price. You'll have to register as a lab to order liquid nic at all. This is where it's going if someone doesn't stop the anti-tobacco lobby to kill vaping too. Honestly, Big Tobacco is our only hope and even they are annoyed by the vaping community. The movement will be crushed like a bug.

BlackRibbonMist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you ! you are the one who is honest as to what you do and why.
I fear for the kids who vape because it is cool, like i did when i picked up the cigs
So adult, so sophisticated, so cool
what if they chemicals cause renal failure in 10 years, foolish kid dies for cool, with his huge mod
and blueberyvanillastrawberrycake juice.

As a recovering alcoholic, I see people who are just as addicted to going to meetings as they were to the booze. Any addiction is bad. it is a loss of self control.
As a recovering alcoholic I can understand where your thoughts are at and instead of beating yourself up for being addicted to nicotine, why don't you be proud of yourself that you overcame cigarettes!

Recovery from both are the 2 hardest addictions to beat and if anything I am proud of you! I Really hope this helps!!!

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

So good bye.

WHEW! What a roller-coaster, psychotic read this thread was. I think the white-jacket brigade must've been brought in to silence all the conflicting internal voices and flight of ideas that seemed to be distressing the OP. Having only 5 rules (and very easy to follow, at that) is certainly a far cry from "closed little minds". So, good bye @u2smile. I wish you the best in sorting out your conflicting feelings and beliefs concerning everything from the price of ejuice, addictions, addiction to a hobby, our impending doom and the unknown future. Geez, if vaping keeps me off of the stinkies - regardless of whether I spend pocket change mixing DIY or $100 for a bottle of juice, it's worth whatever it monetarily cost because I am not dependent on the analogs, I breathe better, my house, my person, and my vehicle no longer reek of stale tobacco smoke- and the people around me are not offended by my vapor- as opposed to cigarette smoke. Go in peace, @u2smile. But, GOODBYE!

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its like pop (soda). If you buy a 55 gallon drum, its fairly cheap. OK, well maybe they don't sell it like that. Then there's the Brand name stuff. Its all still 99.% water. and lots of sugar, then the "secret" flavoring. Anyone know the formula for Coke? So part of what you are paying for is the unique flavor. The other part is convenience. I nice sized bottle of proprietary flavored liquid. I prefer not to DIY, I don't have time for that. So I grab a bottle of my favorite juice and I am off. Still better than analogs price-wise. So I'll pay for someone to create a good flavor, and mix up gallons of juice only to put a small amount in a tiny bottle for me to buy. If I make retirement, I'm gonna DIY for sure!!

I'm just thinking, if you don't support B&Ms how are we going to pay the lobbyists in state Senates to tell their members to vote no on limits to liquid nic sales. You won't. Even online is going to be watered down to 15% or less and 3x the price. This is the reality DIYers. The anti-tobacco people are coming after your vape hobby. Time to make a deal with the devil that has money to fight this battle...Big Tobacco. DIYers are killing it. Liquid nic sales will be strongly regulated. Once they are, it'll be hard to tell much difference between cheap DIY and store bought on price. You'll have to register as a lab to order liquid nic at all. This is where it's going if someone doesn't stop the anti-tobacco lobby to kill vaping too. Honestly, Big Tobacco is our only hope and even they are annoyed by the vaping community. The movement will be crushed like a bug.

Its like pop (soda). If you buy a 55 gallon drum, its fairly cheap. OK, well maybe they don't sell it like that. Then there's the Brand name stuff. Its all still 99.% water. and lots of sugar, then the "secret" flavoring. Anyone know the formula for Coke? So part of what you are paying for is the unique flavor. The other part is convenience. I nice sized bottle of proprietary flavored liquid. I prefer not to DIY, I don't have time for that. So I grab a bottle of my favorite juice and I am off. Still better than analogs price-wise. So I'll pay for someone to create a good flavor, and mix up gallons of juice only to put a small amount in a tiny bottle for me to buy. If I make retirement, I'm gonna DIY for sure!!
I am a DIYer but I still support local vape shops. I purchase flavors and will soon be buying my nic, PG, and VG through them. They have their own lines of juice and promote DIY. That's partly what spurned their interest which progressed to them opening their own shop. I also support another shop because every now and then I still like to try other juices that are in the market. If it's good, I'll buy more but I vape too much to be able to afford strictly store bought juices.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Hobbies?

Vaping..........Duhh
Cooking
Reading
Writing

Watching exercise videos while eating jelly donuts.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These threads never make any sense to me. If I decide a particular product is too expensive, I don't buy it. What is the point of ranting about it? Is the company going to see the rant and lower their prices?

VU Sponsors