Become a Patron!

ALLERIA RTA v2 BY AUGVAPE

F

fckaugust8th

Any idea if the machining/qc hick-ups are over with the Alleria? I have the black one, it has some minor issues but still, one hell of a tank. I want to get a SS one but I'd prefer one with smoother threads and a straight drip tip:confused:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Any idea if the machining/qc hick-ups are over with the Alleria? I have the black one, it has some minor issues but still, one hell of a tank. I want to get a SS one but I'd prefer one with smoother threads and a straight drip tip:confused:

Don't know, but I want more.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All right that's it now I'm done with RTA's. Add 2 Allerias to my Vapacolypes list. That's it now, no more. Lol.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

F

fckaugust8th

Aahemmm! Have you looked at the Merlin? Another Roxy & Augvape collaboration!

F

fckaugust8th

VaporFlask for $59? Really tempting, but I'll wait to see the price on the Dotbox v2 first.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
VaporFlask for $59?
That's a great deal on a great mod. I have one already. Tried to get another one from Avail at that price but for some reason they won't ship to NY.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's a great deal on a great mod. I have one already. Tried to get another one from Avail at that price but for some reason they won't ship to NY.

Is Avail local to you?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No I think they're in VA. It's a shame because it's one of my favorite mods.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No I think they're in VA. It's a shame because it's one of my favorite mods.

I went to a brick and mortar avail, they make all their employees wear vests, and they sell rdas and wire and such but they actively forbid their employees from even talking about rebuilding. If you go there and say I'd like to buy this rta how do I build on it, they have to say "I have no idea"

At least that's what that particular avails Manager told me...

F

fckaugust8th

If they still used the DNA chip, I would have bought it already. I have several Wismec chip mods so I'm done with that. I'm looking at another G2 while waiting for the Hohm Slice.

F

fckaugust8th

It sounds like a liability issue, they don't want to get sued by a noob that blew off his face!

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It sounds like a liability issue, they don't want to get sued by a noob that blew off his face!
It seems to me an equal liability to sell the stuff with absolutely zero help on how to use it, though

F

fckaugust8th

It seems to me an equal liability to sell the stuff with absolutely zero help on how to use it, though
It's the idea that they sell you the stuff but you can't blame them for telling you how to use it! Sound stupid, but somewhere in the background must be a lawyer advising the management.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's the idea that they sell you the stuff but you can't blame them for telling you how to use it! Sound stupid, but somewhere in the background must be a lawyer advising the management.
You are without a doubt right on that one

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If they still used the DNA chip, I would have bought it already. I have several Wismec chip mods so I'm done with that. I'm looking at another G2 while waiting for the Hohm Slice.
True but the form factor of the Flask is just awesome. Plus, she's such a sexy looking mod.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Other than the slightly crooked drip tip and temperamental threading, I didn't have any problems with mine either.

Well, I don't have those problems either :)

F

fckaugust8th

I have the original DNA40, but in the last few weeks it was usurped by the RX200s (Boreas and Alleria arrived) and now the Hohm Wrecker G2 is the king of the hill.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went to a brick and mortar avail, they make all their employees wear vests, and they sell rdas and wire and such but they actively forbid their employees from even talking about rebuilding. If you go there and say I'd like to buy this rta how do I build on it, they have to say "I have no idea"

At least that's what that particular avails Manager told me...

Well that's a B&M that would not get any of my business. Forbidding providing assistance to customers looking for guidance, totally unsat.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
11815e48070d5251c8e0420bf4f1ed6d.jpg

FLAVOR AD

VAPE ON

F

fckaugust8th

Quick update, I love the Alleria!:blowkiss: I have the Boreas (huge chucker!, great flavor with 2 holes open on the AFC ring), just received the Merlin. Well, the Merlin is a beautiful RTA but I need to work on it, I need to get it to work the way I like it. The Alleria on the other hand is just a great tank. One of the things I love about it is the fact that I can do these microscopic adjustments to the juice flow, if I get the tiniest hint of a spit back, just twist the DT a fraction and no more spitting! Maybe in the near future Roxy will bless us with another RTA where you can do these micro adjustments:vino:....one can hope!

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, the Boreas as is is already the best RTA Ive ever had, but a Boreas with independent air flow and juice flow control could be one of the best RTAs made.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, I have yet to hear anyone tell me it doesn't work as it is.

F

fckaugust8th

Well, I have yet to hear anyone tell me it doesn't work as it is.
Don't get me wrong, I misspoke. The Merlin works beautifully, but the air flow is still a little too loose for me, even with the air restrictor installed. It is purely a personal preference not intended to reflect on the Merlin's performance.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Don't get me wrong, I misspoke. The Merlin works beautifully, but the air flow is still a little too loose for me, even with the air restrictor installed. It is purely a personal preference not intended to reflect on the Merlin's performance.

Aren't you guys talking about Boreas?

Anyone that needs more juice flow but tighter air needs to open it all the way, then close just a little so part of all 4 airholes are open. Then you will have nearly open juice flow, but restricted airflow.

Brebear, are you closing down the outside afc on Merlin? Because you can basically shut the air down to almost nothing.

F

fckaugust8th

Brebear, are you closing down the outside afc on Merlin? Because you can basically shut the air down to almost nothing.
Sure do! The problem I have with that is that the vapor gets a bit too warm, restricting the air flow with a smaller inside restrictor will work better for me...I think. Also, If the little devil wouldn't spit hot juice at me every time I put a 1.5 mm vertical coil in it, that would make me love it more! I know love hurts, but damn it! blisters on my tongue isn't what I had in mind!

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Sure do! The problem I have with that is that the vapor gets a bit too warm, restricting the air flow with a smaller inside restrictor will work better for me...I think. Also, If the little devil wouldn't spit hot juice at me every time I put a 1.5 mm vertical coil in it, that would make me love it more! I know love hurts, but damn it! blisters on my tongue isn't what I had in mind!

Practice your wicking with those? I've run vertical chimney coils on a lot of attys and never had that happen?

TDC123

Member For 4 Years
My Alleria came in today with my Boreas. I tried some 3mm ID 22/32 claptons. It was a tight fit. Leaked and too hot for me. That kind of build always is too hot for me. Put in some simple 26 gauge kanthal contact coils, 10 wraps each and it vapes just like I want now. I got the wicking and filling down this time and no leaks. Flavor is as good as any RTA I've tried. Nice dense cool vapor and flavor for days. I love seeing my coil and wicks. I ordered another one.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just got my Allerias today. Ordered a black and SS one. Nice tank but I'm so not a fan of that drip tip juice flow control. Otherwise though reall happy with the flavor and clouds. It's also kinda Kool to see my build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

F

fckaugust8th

@Deucesjack, that drip tip /jc feature is why I like it so much, if I get a hint of spit back, just restrict juice flow by a fraction and problem solved.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Deucesjack, that drip tip /jc feature is why I like it so much, if I get a hint of spit back, just restrict juice flow by a fraction and problem solved.
I hear you I just would have rather have had a separate top knurled ring.

F

fckaugust8th

Well, let's hope that roxy will do Alleria v2, and Alleria nano

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I believe I read on another thread that it's a wrap for Augvape since the new Regs came out.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They do realize that there is a market outside of the usa though, don't they?

Move to Canada and VAPE ON!

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They do realize that there is a market outside of the usa though, don't they?

Move to Canada and VAPE ON!

Not as big a market I wouldn't have thought, but the word is at the moment is that Augvape is waiting on the outcome of the FDA rulings and then they are going to decide whether to close up shop or not.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Canadian vape market is huge, so is the european market, as are the asian markets. With or without the US there is an entire globe of vapers to serve.

Augvape needs to do a better job of getting their products into these international retailers both online and b&m. As it stands I've been in about 6 different b&m's since I bought my Boreas and NONE of them were familiar with the tank nor Augvape as a company. Coincidentally the only local canadian retailer of the Boreas I've found thus far was on Craigslist.

Augvape makes great products, and they can absolutely succeed regardless of the FDA regs, but they need to get off of their asses and get their products into the international stores

Last edited:

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A number of years ago Health Canada banned nicotine in e-liquid. At the time there was 1 vape shop in BC.

Fast forward about 5 years and there is a vape shop on every corner, all stocked with nic'd juice.

No fucks given.

VU Sponsors