Become a Patron!

Alternative ways to consume ejuice

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep. You can make sugar free. There are lots of "how to" articles and videos for sugar free. It would just take some playing to get flavoring and nic right.

Here's one; http://www.ehow.com/how_5068440_make-sugarfree-hard-candy.html

If you are not feeling well, I'd make some and send it to you. I've only done the one batch in this thread but I'd sure do what I could if it would help.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No I'm in a lot of pain.

Crap, where is the 'open mouth, insert foot' emoji when you need one?

So sorry to hear you are dealing with those issues Artemis ... it was not my intention to make light of your situation at all, I was just being silly and I guess, a little nosy. I really hope you are able to find some relief soon.

I'd offer to make some candy for you like Time has done but coming from someone who can barely toast bread, I'm not sure that would be a help to you. :)

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep. You can make sugar free. There are lots of "how to" articles and videos for sugar free. It would just take some playing to get flavoring and nic right.

Here's one; http://www.ehow.com/how_5068440_make-sugarfree-hard-candy.html

If you are not feeling well, I'd make some and send it to you. I've only done the one batch in this thread but I'd sure do what I could if it would help.
Your very nice Time and thanks for the offer. I'm going to try to make it next week. I'm hoping by then I will have some idea on lungs. etc.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Crap, where is the 'open mouth, insert foot' emoji when you need one?

So sorry to hear you are dealing with those issues Artemis ... it was not my intention to make light of your situation at all, I was just being silly and I guess, a little nosy. I really hope you are able to find some relief soon.

I'd offer to make some candy for you like Time has done but coming from someone who can barely toast bread, I'm not sure that would be a help to you. :)
Thanks and Its okay. I like all of you guys. I just don't want people to think I'm blaming vaping because I'm not. I had smoked for 30 years so I have to factor that in the mix. :)

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your very nice Time and thanks for the offer. I'm going to try to make it next week. I'm hoping by then I will have some idea on lungs. etc.

Shhhhhhhhh. You'll ruin my reputation.

4dc12796bd19e6374918dc3272aee181.jpg

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I think I'm going to try the nicotine spray first....then the candy. DIY of course. I really need these ideas now.

I toyed with a nic chapstick.. seems to work, but makes lips tingly.
Had a few people try and and they liked it.. worked on air planes too. :)

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No I'm in a lot of pain. I had a ekg and o hea ct scan done in the ER last Mon. I do have this- Basilar atelectasis and my lungs are killing me. I also have joint/muscular pain bilateral X4 Going to the doctor on Monday to see if they have any more clues. I also have liver damage.

I don''t want to quit vaping per choice it may be a need depending upon lung function and I'm sure more testing. I vaped about one mL today and really the pain makes me not care.

Very sorry to hear about this! Crossing my fingers for an easy fix.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
@Artemis search for the burt's bee's clone recipe and snag the ingredients..
as far as the nic.. how I did it.. she did a 3mg vape.. I cut it to 1mg for total volume of chap stick I made.
It seems to help her nic craving when she can't vape.. and it does feel like a pepper-y tingle feeling..
I made her one with and one without.. so she can alternate if it got to become too much.
I hate hearing you are hurting.. and wish for them to find out and to create a speedy recovery for you..
If you need anything, send me a pm.

oh... i did add coconut oil to mine, but go low on that.. you can make it too creamy, instead of slightly firm...

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A little off topic but I used that guys breathe spray video and made a spray using peppermint and sweetner. It was really good. Now the issue. The video said to make it at 48 mg/ml strength. I thought that was a little strong so I did 24 mg/ml using a scale. I shook the tar out of it and tried it. One spray......Not bad. Another spray.....

I thought I was going to die. I got light headed, my heart was pounding and I had to sit down for several hours. I drank and spit out I don't know how much water trying to get the nic out of my mouth.

Lesson? Vape only for me.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Artemis search for the burt's bee's clone recipe and snag the ingredients..
as far as the nic.. how I did it.. she did a 3mg vape.. I cut it to 1mg for total volume of chap stick I made.
It seems to help her nic craving when she can't vape.. and it does feel like a pepper-y tingle feeling..
I made her one with and one without.. so she can alternate if it got to become too much.
I hate hearing you are hurting.. and wish for them to find out and to create a speedy recovery for you..
If you need anything, send me a pm.

oh... i did add coconut oil to mine, but go low on that.. you can make it too creamy, instead of slightly firm...
Thanks I will look for it when I feel better Right now I cannot do much. I don't trust myself making anything new. I'm vaping (cigar inhale) unflavored right now It's the only thing I can mix up safely by myself. I cut back on vaping a lot.

A little off topic but I used that guys breathe spray video and made a spray using peppermint and sweetner. It was really good. Now the issue. The video said to make it at 48 mg/ml strength. I thought that was a little strong so I did 24 mg/ml using a scale. I shook the tar out of it and tried it. One spray......Not bad. Another spray.....

I thought I was going to die. I got light headed, my heart was pounding and I had to sit down for several hours. I drank and spit out I don't know how much water trying to get the nic out of my mouth.

Lesson? Vape only for me.
Sorry to hear. I might skip this one.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Artemis If I was to do it again I would not go higher than 3 mg/ml to start. You could go less to be safe. Remember, when you vape you aren't getting all the nic. When you spray it on your mouth you are getting what you spray.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Artemis If I was to do it again I would not go higher than 3 mg/ml to start. You could go less to be safe. Remember, when you vape you aren't getting all the nic. When you spray it on your mouth you are getting what you spray.

Yeah, I went way low on the nic for the candy I made for that reason. But with the hard candy, you only get nic as the candy dissolves and not all at once, so that helps.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks I will look for it when I feel better Right now I cannot do much. I don't trust myself making anything new. I'm vaping (cigar inhale) unflavored right now It's the only thing I can mix up safely by myself. I cut back on vaping a lot.

Sorry to hear. I might skip this one.

@Artemis inbox me your addy.. will send you a care package.. let me know ratio and nic mg...
I don't mind.. I have a few things I will be sorting thru soon.. my collection at the house is running over..

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I went way low on the nic for the candy I made for that reason. But with the hard candy, you only get nic as the candy dissolves and not all at once, so that helps.

I tried it back then too, Time.. forgot if i said anything.. but it did work a touch..
the chap stick works too.. and you can tell when the nic is gone.. its just weird.. but fun..
I need to make some more some time soon.. but i think the candy was the best.. but that is just me..

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can anyone post a recipe on how to make candy or direct me to a link. I would really be interested in doing nic candy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can anyone post a recipe on how to make candy or direct me to a link. I would really be interested in doing nic candy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just used the recipe that @Smoky Blue linked in this thread. Any hard candy recipe will work, just add nic.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just used the recipe that @Smoky Blue linked in this thread. Any hard candy recipe will work, just add nic.
Are you talking about the Reddit link? How much nic will I need to put in to reach desired level? Is it the same percentages as juice?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you talking about the Reddit link? How much nic will I need to put in to reach desired level? Is it the same percentages as juice?

Yes, the Reddit link. No, I didn't use the same percentage as juice. I went way low compared to juice since consuming the candy uses all the nic as opposed to vaping where we exhale some of the nic. It's relative to what you want as this nic candy thing has not been explored very much. I just guessed at amounts, pretty much. For me, I'd up the nic on the candy I made to 0.75ml. and try that.

Everything I know about the candy I made, with nic, is in my post quoted here;

I used the recipe from the reddit link @Smoky Blue posted. 2TSP TFA Apple. .5ml Heartlandvapes 100mg/ml nic.

I wasn't sure where to start with the nic as I didn't know how many ml of candy I would end up with. It hardens fast and I didn't want to waste a batch to get a measurement. I'm guessing it's close to 120ml. I used .5ml of 100mg/ml nic. That should put the candy somewhere in the ballpark of .4mg/ml.

It tastes like candy. The apple flavor is a bit light but my wife who was not home when I made it and did not know what flavor identified apple. Of course the color may have helped, lol. She could not taste nic and does not use any form of nic so that's good. I did get a tiny bit of pepper at times with my piece but I was expecting much more nic taste and it just wasn't there.

I did get a bit of a nic buzz. I don't know about it being satisfying as a replacement because I can vape at the moment. I'd have to be in a vape restricted situation to know it it helps for sure. For now, I like it.

Your pretty much on your own, trial and error, for suitable nic amounts.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried this and I have 3 words guys and gals.

WOW! WOW! WOW!

This recipe is great it came out amazing. I used .8ml of NIC. I normally vape at 18mg. The Flavor is great, I used 2tsp of TFA Raspberry Sweet. Its a bit to sweet for me and the candy sticks together to much. Next batch I will be doing with a candy mold. I am able to taste the NIC but its very very light for me. I'm not sure how many ml I should put in to get it to satisfy me. I will try 1.5 ml for the next batch. ( I use 100mg 50/50). If anyone has tried this and figured out the ratio, please chime in. For those who were on the fritz about this, give it a go. It was fun and cool and actually tastes really good. I need to nail the NIC though. Also will try lollipop version next because the candy sticks together and I'm not willing to wrap each piece of hard candy. Ill be there for hours.

Overall 10/10

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Awesome. I'm glad it worked out for you.
Im going for this again. Just ordered supplies. Any idea on how much NIC to add? I vape 18mg with MTL or 6mg with DL. Im looking for it to satisfy the craving. Im also curious to know how much each candy has in it. My goal is to get it to be a 4mg candy. Any clue how much to NIC to add?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im going for this again. Just ordered supplies. Any idea on how much NIC to add? I vape 18mg with MTL or 6mg with DL. Im looking for it to satisfy the craving. Im also curious to know how much each candy has in it. My goal is to get it to be a 4mg candy. Any clue how much to NIC to add?

I don't know. I never measured how much candy it made because I didn't want it to harden in a measuring container. I just did one batch to see how it would turn out. Someone would have to take the time to get proper measurements in order to get accurate nic mg. The batch I made was a little light on nic, it could have used more.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Based on the assumption that it makes 120ml worth of liquid i would need to add 2/2.5ml of 100mg/ml NIC for it to be a 2mg piece of candy. Last time I put in 1ml and it was light. Im going to try 2.5ml next time. Last time i also used 100mg 50/50. This time it will be 100%PG. Im thinking the VG was making the candy more sticky then it should have been. Supplies is supposed to come on wednesday.

VU Sponsors