The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am with @Slurp812 ....i am leary of this and will wait a good long while before I consider it....even if it's buck/boost, running 2 batteries in series it's still asking a lot to put out 200 watts. Batteries have their limits and a lot of the 150 watt boxes we have now don't even put out what they say they are....The SX-330 chips aren't too accurate with low ohms at high wattages, I've tested this with my own inline volt meter and seen tests done with better equipment....it's true that the SX-350 series from Yihi is more accurate, but more expensive and I don't have the cash to drop on another mod to compare side by side right now.

I am going to wait till the reviews are in and the bench tests are done on this new "USA manufactured" chipset. You can knock evolv all you want for using us as guinea pigs, but they've done it with every DNA chip, and when they finally release the good one a few months after launch they're solid and accurate. But again, that's after we've beta tested it for them for three months....who knows how this new unknown chipset will work out?

It now appears that whatever this mystery chip is, the upcoming Sigelei 75W may also use it.

Source is the screenshot of the mod on this site: http://www.smogdistribution.com/group-buys/sigelei-75w-temperature-control-box-mod-sigelei/

Courtesy of @Vapinaces in the Sigelei 75W thread.

Definitely the same screen design as the Snow Wolf:

QQ20150505015803__25341.1431021428.1280.1280.jpg
hey bloke do you know if that smogdistribution is a legit site cus their pricefor the sigelei is really good and if you know that they are legit i will pre order it from them right now...

i also just ordered it from asmodus website so i will update this thread with my thoughts once this arrives.

im also preordering the IPV3 Li ( temp cont ) 165 w, and probably the Sigelei 75w temp control so i will post about them as well

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I found a very detailed review. Looks like it's a pretty good mod. Might have to pull the trigger on that one too.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The mod looks nice ,but I would wait on pulling that trigger for the moment. Wait for more reviews from other reviewers. There's sure to be many opinions on this device.
Also the iPV3 LI will hit the market soon and will be a 200 watt device with temp control, upgradable firmware and on board charging plus the chip in the iPV is from a proven company ( YiHi ).

BEWARE.....This snow wolf looks like a clone, the + and - buttons should be on the body ...not on the buttons themselves...and there are less vent holes in this picture also

the clone like the photo from the OP is a clone...look at the + and - on the switches and the vent holes too...more ventholes closer together on authentic and + and - should be on the body and not the switch itself :)

Attachments

• snow wolf clone.jpg
    snow wolf clone.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 133
  • snow wolf real buttons.jpeg
    snow wolf real buttons.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 88
  • snow wolf real vent holes.jpeg
    snow wolf real vent holes.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 86

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's not a clone it's a prototype pic from before they released it. Companies always make slight changes from original prototype.

It's not a clone it's a prototype pic from before they released it. Companies always make slight changes from original prototype.
No it is a clone, i contacted Asmodus and they have told me that the + and - on the body have always been that way and the vent holes also, even from prototype...they also said that the clones are rife at the moment, contact them yourself and find out..this is the pic they sent of what the snow wolf should and always has looked like...

Attachments

• asm.jpg
    asm.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 125

Durka

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Convicted vases review said the tc doesn't work while a lot of people haven't had a problem with it I'm going to re watch it maybe he has a clone

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ALL USER ERROR!!? Notice he turned it off and on with a hot coil so he got a burnt hit. At first it was working fine even juiced at 370 i think it was set at or close to that It won't vape without airflow and it will be weak. Then he turned it off and on it read the hot resistance hence the massive vape at such a low temp.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pretty sure it's a protype as stated Asmodsus doesn't actually make the mod ismk does.

he has the prototype in his hands

dickdrippers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i've had one of these for two weeks now. works awesome if you don't mind having to first wake the damn thing up, then click five times to unlock every f'n time you want to take a hit. gets annoying af.
Really wouldn't surprise me to find out it was a microsoft chip.lmao
my advice? wait for the sig tc to come out.

Last edited:
I have had this for a few weeks as well, and it is a Great mod!! If you on Wattage mode ( kanthal ) or Temp Control (nickel) it is a powerful box!

Now as of this moment it is the highest joules or watts box in regards to firing in Temp control. i think you can fire it at 70-80 watts in temp mode . while the Sx Mini M can fire up to 68 w in Temp mode. there may be firm ware updates for the mini m but not yet,

And to wait for the Sigelei , i think would be bad. first its only a 70-75 w , single 18650 , and the body has to removable doors. i think that could be problimatic after a while . and i do not think its goin to fire past 50-60 watts in temp mode.

Does any one know what chip they are using for the Sigelei? Cus i know that the most accuate temp and power temp boxes are the Sx mini M, and the Snowolf. i own them both and can Testify that they are Legit temp mods. Can get much better, only major flaw of the Snowwolf. is if you have one messup and drop it. GAME OVER! that thing will break!

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i've had one of these for two weeks now. works awesome if you don't mind having to first wake the damn thing up, then click five times to unlock every f'n time you want to take a hit. gets annoying af.
Really wouldn't surprise me to find out it was a microsoft chip.lmao
my advice? wait for the sig tc to come out.
Pretty sure the sig and snowwolf use the same chip. Screen lay outs look exactly the same.

dickdrippers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
my tesla hi-power 120 has the same screen layout also, but it doesn't do the sleep and lock bs every 3 minutes like the snow wolf

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Silly question but does anyone know if the smooth sides are glass or a lex an ish something, my OCD needs to know :) I cannot stand glossy anything, just like tvs stereos car receivers anything that gets use should be a matte finish!!! One wipe and bam hairline scratches everywhere...

Ron01

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I *think* glass. I thought I heard Somewhere. at any rate, mine hasnt scratched just yet, so maybe not

-Ron

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Neat, I have to plan ahead with my OCD as I'm I freak:) but I have been looking at this mod along with others. I have been liking my vaporshark lately for the tc finicky but adapting to it, but I need something a bit more powerful for standard builds as 40 watts gets a little weak when I want to get silly so I'm having to break out the cherry bomber for that but that thing is more of a sitting at home type of mod as it weighs 2 lbso_O for a hundred bucks the snow wolf is on my list of possibles:)

Thanks for the reply!!

HairyBubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello Ladies & Gents,
I'm celebrating two events today.
1. Joining the Underground. (Thanks for having me)
2. Will be taking delivery of my Snow Wolf in a few hours.
I've been lurking around here for quite a while, looks like a decent group. I've also been following the reviews of the Snow Wolf for a while now, looks like a decent mod. I hope my judgment is good on both.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello Ladies & Gents,
I'm celebrating two events today.
1. Joining the Underground. (Thanks for having me)
2. Will be taking delivery of my Snow Wolf in a few hours.
I've been lurking around here for quite a while, looks like a decent group. I've also been following the reviews of the Snow Wolf for a while now, looks like a decent mod. I hope my judgment is good on both.
Welcome!
Let us know what you think when your SnowWolf arrives...

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

HairyBubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I've had my Snow Wolf for about 24 hours now and haven't vaped with anything else since it came. LOL
Everything I've tried it's done well. I'm not a huge cloud chaser but I did build me a mammoth coil on a dark horse just to throw a little power at. Snow wolf definitely has power and seems to know how to use it. LOL I built a dual coil with Ni200 wire in my new Zephyrus tank, I think that is going to be my new favorite vape. Not sure yet, but I really like the way it vapes, nice to know that if I go at it too hard that I won't get a huge cotton hit.
For build quality and that stuff, it does look and feel very solid. The magnetic door is very secure and I would never worry about it coming off by accident. It does feel very large in my hand. The X-Pro M80 Plus is the only dual 18650 mod that I have to compare it to and the Snow Wolf feels very large compared to the X-Pro M80. There were also a couple areas on the Snow Wolf's metal surfaces that that I would call blemishes. Not scratches or dents, just spots that kind of look dirty'ish and I can't clean off. Not sure how else to describe the spots. They aren't a deal breaker or anything but are noticeable. Not a surprise at all but the front and back are fingerprint magnets. Not sure how you would use glass and have it not be. LOL

Anyway, That's my take on it the first day. I'll post more about it if I have any problems,

mine will arrived in a few hours (supposedly).

depends on the mail man...............

cant wait, really cant wait, my first temp sensing vw mod.

HairyBubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Good luck with the delivery and I'd love to hear your impressions of the Snow Wolf once you receive it.
I have really been enjoying mine. Temp control is a different animal but I am starting to really like it.

I bought a Snow Wolf 200 and the 510 connector threads are terrible. I had to send mine back 13 days after I bought it because the threads were warn out already and no atomizer would screw on to it. The threads were very loose when I bought it and I figured it would probably give me problems in the future, which it did in 13 days.

Besides the 510 threads, the mod is really nice and everything, including TC, worked very well.
I think if, or when, the threads go bad again I will be putting a Fat Daddy 510 connector on it as I really like the mod and I think it's worth fixing .

The mod feels feels to me that it fires like a 100 watt mod while in pulse mode, 150 - 200 watts, 150 watts is plenty for me.

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to hear that Brian...Hopefully you'll get it replaced being so new...let us know how it goes..

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

HairyBubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Hey there, Iceundead.
Have you received your Snow Wolf yet ? If so, what do ya think ?

Does anybody that has one of these have any tips that might help me clean the brushed metal looking surfaces on this thing ?
I'm not sure what this material is but I'd feel safe in saying that it's not stainless steel. It seems to be reacting to my hand juices. Discoloring and stuff all over and simple soap & water doesn't do anything. I'd really like to know what the material is before trying anything much stronger than soap & water on it. It seems to react similar to copper, but I know it isn't. Just trying to explain how it's reacting.

Hey there, Iceundead.
Have you received your Snow Wolf yet ? If so, what do ya think ?

Does anybody that has one of these have any tips that might help me clean the brushed metal looking surfaces on this thing ?
I'm not sure what this material is but I'd feel safe in saying that it's not stainless steel. It seems to be reacting to my hand juices. Discoloring and stuff all over and simple soap & water doesn't do anything. I'd really like to know what the material is before trying anything much stronger than soap & water on it. It seems to react similar to copper, but I know it isn't. Just trying to explain how it's reacting.

sup bub !

mine is going awesome, temp control and things, with powerful wattage i can sure build a monstrous coil inside.

hmm for me, im pretty sure its stainless steel, can you take a picture of it ? (the discoloring)

im not pretty sure about this but, the ohm reader is a little bit jumpy, is it normal ? example from 0.16-0.24

did i coiled it wrong or please someone enlighten me :>

Ron01

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've noticed mine floats a few hundreths, but a .08 jump has been more than I've noticed. keep in mind though that the nickel will be subject to changes in room temp, when you've been handling it etc.

-Ron

HairyBubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
sup bub !

mine is going awesome, temp control and things, with powerful wattage i can sure build a monstrous coil inside.

hmm for me, im pretty sure its stainless steel, can you take a picture of it ? (the discoloring)

im not pretty sure about this but, the ohm reader is a little bit jumpy, is it normal ? example from 0.16-0.24

did i coiled it wrong or please someone enlighten me :>

Can you see it jumping with a kanthal build or does it only happen with nickel ?
If it's just nickel then everything is normal. Even though these newer mods refer to "Temp Control", they aren't really monitoring the temperature of anything. They function by monitoring the change in resistance of the coil material. That is why it is so important that your RDA, Tank, or whatever device you are attaching to your mod be the same temperature as the mod itself when attaching it. This allows for a more accurate "guess" of the vapor temperature as the coil resistance rises and falls.
But the answer to your question is yes it is normal, as long as we are talking about the nickel coils. Kanthal changes too, just not so much as nickel so nobody really notices it. But nickel coils changing resistance is by design.
Most other Temp Control mods actually hide the ohm readings jumping around, they display the reading that was taken at the time the device was attached to the mod. Not to be devious but probably to keep from having to answer tons of emails about the ohm meter jumping around. LOL

Also, the answer is yes to the pictures of the staining / discoloration I am talking about. I'll get that done tomorrow after I get some sleep.

art247

Member For 4 Years
i spent most of the afternoon charging batteries to try my new snow wolf.
have a dark horse and a kangertech subohm plus and ordered a visciuos ant goliath clone that can have 8 coils
i got mine with the 30 asmodus warranty so i gone to .4 dark horse
and stock occ 1.5 and .5 and the display doesnt jump at all and i cant wait to build and test this thing the goliath was at fast tech and will it really take 8 to ten days or so?
its a smooth velvet vape and a step up from a kbox and an anubis mod in fact
i have decided to unload the items i have and this is a goto mod! the temp control is working i can chainsmoke off either one and its cool to the touch
i dont have to rewrap batteries or wear out the thread the magnet lid perfect
i was waiting for the asolo and im glad i didnt..has anyone modified their subohm plus? thinking that over i have some anarchist 20 guage for the darkhorse the subtank is new to me
and its a safety feature to power down
dont need it smoking up my purse

Hi guys :)
I joined because of this thread, and my google search for Show Wolf discoloring :\
Mine too, does seem to show like a brass colour in places on the Steel frame. And I have posted on the SnowWolf FB page asking if it means it's a clone.
But I haven't had a reply yet!
So I've been searching and watching lots of videos and photos. And every thing on my mod seems legit when compared to other SnowWolf 200W mods.
And I've even compared the insides. And like I say, everything looks spot on.
And I have tried to capture this colouring with a photo. But because of lighting and what not. It's not showing in my photos :\

One thing though. Does anyone here have the digits L007 on their large bottom magnet?
:)

HairyBubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Congrats on your Snow Wolf, @art247. Everybody should have one ! hahaha
I'd love to see a pic or two of that 8 coil build once you do it, sounds like a Monster ! I also have a Dark Horse RDA, it's my best cloud chasing dripper. You can do some sick builds in that thing.
Try a nickel coil and going temp control, let us know if the ohms jump around as you use it. I'd bet you'll see it then. Would like to know either way.

Forgot about your Fasttech question.
The answer is YES, you will be extremely lucky if you receive that package from fasttech in two weeks. If they had it in stock it will probably take 2 to 3 weeks. At least that has been my experience shopping there.
I'm assuming you're in the U.S.

Last edited:

HairyBubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys
I joined because of this thread, and my google search for Show Wolf discoloring :\
Mine too, does seem to show like a brass colour in places on the Steel frame. And I have posted on the SnowWolf FB page asking if it means it's a clone.
So I've been searching and watching lots of videos and photos. And every thing on my mod seems legit when compared to other SnowWolf 200W mods.
And I have tried to capture this colouring with a photo. But because of lighting and what not. It's not showing in my photos :\
One thing though. Does anyone here have the digits L007 on their large bottom magnet?

Not like I'm an old timer here, but Welcome to VU @GaryLee !
Please let us know if you get any info on this discoloring thing from their FB page. It's nothing that awful but would like to know how to deal with it if there is a way. I doubt this is indication of a clone, I bought mine from a very reputable site and know she wouldn't sell a clone without disclosing the fact in the description.
I'm having the same problem trying to get this to show up on a photo. I'm going to try a few more times as I think of ways to change the lighting and stuff but I'm not pro at photography. It will be pure luck if I get that photo.

As for the number on the magnet, mine has "H270" on the magnet at the inside bottom right, the others have nothing on them. This is the only mod I have with a magnetic door so I'm not sure if this is strange or not. I am expecting another mod today coming via UPS. It's a Kangside KSD U1000 and it also has a magnetic door. I'm curious if it has numbering on a magnet or not. I'll know later today I guess.

Again, welcome to VU.
Not happy that you have the same problem with the discoloring but am happy that there is proof that I am not seeing things. :eek:

art247

Member For 4 Years
Congrats on your Snow Wolf, @art247. Everybody should have one ! hahaha
I'd love to see a pic or two of that 8 coil build once you do it, sounds like a Monster ! I also have a Dark Horse RDA, it's my best cloud chasing dripper. You can do some sick builds in that thing.
Try a nickel coil and going temp control, let us know if the ohms jump around as you use it. I'd bet you'll see it then. Would like to know either way.

Forgot about your Fasttech question.
The answer is YES, you will be extremely lucky if you receive that package from fasttech in two weeks. If they had it in stock it will probably take 2 to 3 weeks. At least that has been my experience shopping there.
I'm assuming you're in the U.S.
i guess i should hurry up and wait for the fasttech goliath but i will post it when it comes in!
Hi guys :)

:)

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am pretty sure it is stainless steel. What you are experiencing is heat discoloration. The snow wolf gets to hot during normal operation and discolors the stainless.

I just made my best ever TP/TC coil for mine :)
But as you get to know me, you'll see coil making is my thing (OCD) ;)

SAM_2750.jpg

The core wire is twisted 0.25mm (30AWG) ni200, but otherwise it's the same coil as I made in this video :)

i own the snow wolf it is very accurate on volts watts and ohms i have tested coils on a ohm reader and a volt meter and then put it on snow wolf and it says same information it also is very accurate on knowing you had changed the atomizer i highly recommend it i love it im using a Atlantis mega on it at 1.04 ohms running at 5.56 volts at 30 watts right now getting major flavor and hug clouds

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Had mine for 32 days and it began to display odd behavior.

It always jumped around ohm wise with Ni builds. Anyway. I also got an IPV3 Li so I hadn't been using it much. I no longer had an atty on it but left some VTC4's in it. I was vaping along with my Li when out of the corner of my eye I noticed it was randomly turning on and off. Didn't think much of it and frankly ignored it till I noticed it again.. Again.. And again..

Took basic steps. Put an atty on it. Watched. On/off again. Never fired but it was like it would just go in and out of standby for no reason. Pulled atty. Same deal. Changed batts. Same deal. Over approx a 36hr period not being used it drained a set of batts by almost 50% (provided the battery reading wasn't borked too.)

Emailed Asmodus asking about it and not demanding or being rude at all. Simple inquiry to their warranty email about what they might be able to do for me. No responses still. Luckily a local shop that kicks ass is taking care of me and helping send it back to them. Honestly a 30 day warranty is weak imo but whatever.

Hopefully no one else experiences an issue. Just wanted to share.

EDIT: as far as discoloration.. I had it around the buttons. I noticed it about a week in and have seen the same on numerous ones being used at my local vape shop.

Last edited:

s20700134

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Picked one up today. My buddy grabbed it on the 4th because a local shop had it at 50% off($70 before tax). He ended up getting a nice hexohm and sold me the snow wolf with an atty cubed. I got it with less than 2.5 hours on it.

The bottom is a little bumpy. I can't stand it on it's bottom with out getting scared that it's gonna topple over and break the glass sides. I plan on seeing if I can disassemble it and flatten it out on a wet hone block. Hopefully there aren't any electronics thermal pasted to the body.

When I first turn it on and unlock it, the first couple of hits are at very low volts(1-2) and then it seems like it processes some data and it's back to normal volt operation. The volts also read as zero unless it's being fired.

5 clicks turns it off. One click turns it on to standby/locked(bummer). 5 clicks unlocks it. I haven't tested to are how long it takes to back into locked/standby mode.

The pulse feature at above 150 watts is alright I guess, but I don't like it. I want to see what a legit short constant 200w vape is like for poops and giggles.

Other than it only needing one click to turn it on and the lop sided bottom, I love the damn thing. It lasted 2/3 of the day pretty much chain vaping with about 45-50 percent left to go. There is definitely some discoloration of some sort around the buttons. But the volts not appearing unless it's being fired sux.
Anyone with any questions that I might be able to answer with it in my hand is welcome to ask me. I'll try my best for a correct answer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    987.9 KB · Views: 37
I got a reply from the SnowWolf 200W FB :)
"hi gary ,clone one not come out yet , the surfacing is made by kirsite , it is a normal phenomenon according to the factory explain ,We suggest use this case"

they then showed a silicon case :)

11233360_1504497736508261_4976186195492870305_o.jpg

Last edited:

art247

Member For 4 Years
my snow wolf sits fine but I usually brace it with a bigger object because i have cats and they cant afford to pay me back lol
i dont have any nickel coil to test it and sounds like i better get some soo i only have 30 days ive got some anarchist 20 guage
competition wire by ohmboyoc that was on sale does anyone out there have it or tried it with snow wolf??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

art247

Member For 4 Years
tried 5 wraps at 5/32 with the anarchist wire read at.09 and fired it 155w pulse its a little hot and the pulse mode threw me off but i quickly got used to it i had it set to 212F and took some 3 sec pull off the dark horse i really would like to know more about this wire but its not jumping but the snow wolf was warm so i am letting it cool just in case any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors