Become a Patron!

Any thoughts on Snow Wolf 200w mod w/temp

s20700134

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using some anarchist wire as well. Dual 26g 6 wrap at about 3/16ths. It's reading around .34 ohms. And as far as I know, nichrome isn't supposed to work for temp control. And as I heard the temp doesn't display if it's not built with ni200 wire. It's showing the temp. But I'm not interested in that right now anyways. I'm going to try a Clapton 26g wrapped with 28g nichrome next.

HairyBubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got a reply from the SnowWolf 200W FB
"hi gary ,clone one not come out yet , the surfacing is made by kirsite , it is a normal phenomenon according to the factory explain ,We suggest use this case"
they then showed a silicon case

Thanks, Gary.
So ends the mystery of the Staining Mystery Metal.
Would make sense that an zinc alloy that contains of aluminum, magnesium, and copper would react and discolor with hand juices.
Now it has me thinking about disassembling this thing and doing some type of a custom finish on it.

Last edited:

HairyBubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
my snow wolf sits fine but I usually brace it with a bigger object because i have cats and they cant afford to pay me back lol
i dont have any nickel coil to test it and sounds like i better get some soo i only have 30 days ive got some anarchist 20 guage
competition wire by ohmboyoc that was on sale does anyone out there have it or tried it with snow wolf??

Hiya, Art.
Playing with the temp control and nickel wire is fun & is a different game from using kanthal and nichrome. I'm in no way trying to play safety police but do recommend reading or watching some articles or vids on nickel safety. The short version of that is to not dry burn the nickel coils as you would when making a kanthal micro coil.
I'm sure there would be some good threads on this forum about it.

art247

Member For 4 Years
oh thank you i dont have any yet and i
obviuosly didnt know im going to check that out quite a while ago
ive got some 20guage anarchist competition wire on sale by OHMBOYOC that i was using for my builds for a kbox seems to chunk clouds at 80w on the snow wolf
and i was wondering what it was or if anyone has tried it

art247

Member For 4 Years
oh thank you i dont have any yet and i
obviuosly didnt know im going to check that out quite a while ago
ive got some 20guage anarchist competition wire on sale by OHMBOYOC that i was using for my builds for a kbox seems to chunk clouds at 80w on the snow wolf
and i was wondering what it was or if anyone has tried it
has anyone used a kangertech subtank plus the .5 and 1.2 are 15 to 25w but they only vape at 15 and not well has anyone tried the tiny rebuildable deck that comes with or felt the need for modifying it saw a you tube but wondered if anyone could vouch for it working

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i have been vaping my kanger mini sub tank at 100 watts with a vertical 7 wrap coil on a 3.5 mm jig with 26 ga kanthal. ohms out at 1.4 and works great at 100 watts

I've had my Snow Wolf for almost three weeks now with no issues. As of yet I don't have any of the discoloration issues that some of you have talked about. Currently I'm using 28g kanthal twisted with 28g ni200 in dual coil mode on a freakshow. Tough to get enough resistance to fire it but finally succeeded in a 10 wrap on a 3mm which came out to .058. Awesome flavor and no more dry or burnt hits at 475℉ :)

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i just found out that the amount of cotton is the key because now im at 22 watts tryin to break in that fresh cotton but it amazed me that i pushed it that high

s20700134

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got the Clapton in. Nichrome 26g wrapped with 32g(I think. Not sure if...) 5 wraps at about 2mm. Ohms at .25
It's my first Clapton. It was hard to do the wraps tight without the wrapping wire coming uncoiled over the core wire as you can see.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    891.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Johnny_Ek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm actually debating on the snow wolf or the ipv3 li just to try out temp control.

s20700134

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Same capabilities. Different dimensions size-wise. You just have to go through the small hassle of upgrading the firmware on the ipv3 li. I was in the same predicament, but I decided I would feel for bossish with the snow wolf.

Johnny_Ek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I've tried the snow wolf and I like the weight to it I'm just getting mixed reviews I wish there was a try before you buy lol.

Last edited:
according to my sigelei100 + it is 7.5 volts so but you could be right
Since I started vaping, coiling is what I do :\
And yeah, with the volt cap of 7v that 1.4ohm coils is getting 35W

My latest build in a Twisted Messes RDA for on the SnowWolf 200w :)
SAM_2708.jpg

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
that is a good looking build gary i wish i had the patience to do some beautiful coil work like that.maybe one day i will be able to build that good

HairyBubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that is a good looking build gary i wish i had the patience to do some beautiful coil work like that.maybe one day i will be able to build that good
+1 to that. Makes me want to charge the drill and give it a go myself.
You'll only see it if it comes out good, I don't need help looking goofy. :confused:

I made a video, no ads or intro, and only a couple minutes long. On making the Armored Clapton :)
And it seem, I invented the coil. As much as you could invent a bit of coiled wire that is :D
But it's really a nice vape, and well worth a try guys. Or get that mate who 'does fiddly' to make one for ya ;)

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm actually debating on the snow wolf or the ipv3 li just to try out temp control.

I've owned both and am happier overall with the Li. I don't see having the ability to user upgrade as a "hassle" as much as a feature to improve a devices capabilities instead of being locked in to a single fw/sw version for the life of the device.

My SW is back to Asmodus on RMA.

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anyone seen the limited edition Snow Wolf 200w?
85f0dd5e03ae90f15f258ba5905947bd.jpg
8a2c1eea90f4eae0951777ddbde25c75.jpg

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I pulled the trigger or pulled out the CC yesterday for the snowwolf. I got it from some company out of CA. I didn't think once that I could possibly be getting a clone. With that said of my 99 dollar purchase, I am hoping to get a legit snowwolf. Does anyone know where they are selling the sleeve for it? Also my thoughts on the purchase was with the FDA about to jump out of the closest, prices will be dropped across the board because I don't think many people want to be stuck with a ton of stock that will be illegal to sell soon. I am going to try to get a few more regulated mods for the TC because I can build non regulated mods. I need a bit more nicotine and I will be good for life.

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have not seen a Snow Wolf clone......
And IMHO, prices are dropping because of the sheer number of similar mods hitting the market at the same time... and more just around the corner !

I could see how the FDA "could", (more so State Gov.), restrict / regulate eLiquid..... But I doubt will have any effect on "Devices".
Just my thoughts.............

And Hey....
Diggin the Snow Wolf and am having a hard time resisting buying one !
But as said, with so many devices ready to drop on the market..... I'll wait to see how prices drop.
I am a firm believer in buying one step behind the curve.

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
similar mods hitting the market at the same time... and more just around the corner !

I could see how the FDA "could", (more so State Gov.), restrict / regulate eLiquid..... But I doubt will have any effect on "Devices".
Just my thoughts.............

And Hey....
Diggin the Snow Wolf and am having a hard time resisting buying one !
your thoughts may be correct, but from my understanding..... The devices will have to have to go through an application process if it has anything to do with vaping. Again you may be right, I don't want to get caught with my pants down so I am going on a buying spree of regulated devices and nicotine. I have a mill and can build unregulated devices and rda's.

Twisted420 had the limited edition when I stopped in to see him. The lock resistance feature and being able to switch between power and TC modes would have been nice on the original but I'm not that mad, still love mine the same. Although that black chrome like finish is sick!

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I pulled the trigger or pulled out the CC yesterday for the snowwolf. I got it from some company out of CA. I didn't think once that I could possibly be getting a clone. With that said of my 99 dollar purchase, I am hoping to get a legit snowwolf. Does anyone know where they are selling the sleeve for it? Also my thoughts on the purchase was with the FDA about to jump out of the closest, prices will be dropped across the board because I don't think many people want to be stuck with a ton of stock that will be illegal to sell soon. I am going to try to get a few more regulated mods for the TC because I can build non regulated mods. I need a bit more nicotine and I will be good for life.
Does not matter now, Element Vape just sent me an email telling me that due to a high demand for the item I ordered that the last one they had is stock was defective and if I wanted to wait until the end of the week or the beginning of next week that they would put me down for one. Fuck that, I actually purchased from them for one reason only. There were several people that stated how quickly that they received there order from them. And as luck would have it the one I wanted to have with me this coming weekend will be a dream. I guess I will have 4 batteries, a sleeve for a snowwolf but no mod for my trip.

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My new toys have arrived. AsMODus Snowwolf 200w limited edition and 13 Heavens 9 Hells rda. All I got to say is thank God I make my own juice
fad5d804a84c4ac7438bc93ffdc0380d.jpg
94cd69a454016a77e685d1c4b93fcdee.jpg

Being that the Snow Wolf is my first variable voltage mod, I don't have anything to compare it to. However, I've had mine for about two weeks now and I absolutely love it. I run it with an Arctic tank with .2 BTDC coils and have had zero problems thus far (knock on wood). It's digital screen is aesthetically pleasing and easy to read. I run it anywhere between 50 & 60 watts, I feel like that's my personal sweet spot. However, I've taken this thing up to 75 and it rips, I've had absolutely no issue with burning taste. It's temperature control (at least on mine) seems to work very well. You can run this thing right down to the end of the batteries. Asmodus, did not cut corners with the machining, with a background in fabrication, I can confidently say they did not cut any corners. I have yet to drop mine, however an employee at my local vape shop left his on the roof of his car and drove off. Despite a few knicks from contact with the pavement, it seemed to be unaffected. Although mine is a second hand account, apparently it seems to be quite durable. If I was obligated to find a negative trait, the only thing I can think of is that it's certainly on the heavier side. The weight doesn't bother me one bit anymore, in fact I've grown to like it. However, I defiantly choose to bring something lighter weight when I go out to the bars, clubs, etc... Because it can weigh ya down a bit. Overall, I am beyond pleased with my purchase and would definitely recommend it.

Rekonball

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just received one in the mail, and it sure does look nice but I remember when I bought a Innokin vtr for about the same price. It does do 200 and I hope to put a nickel build in it, but I really don't need the temp control anyway, it's more than I'll ever need to vape anyway.

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Saw one in a local B&M store the other day....
Smaller than I thought it would be, and yes its slightly heavy.
Actually liked it alot !

Glass tho....
:(

We might not mix well !

Smallzvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone know where I can get an authentic one for under $100

Last edited:

Smallzvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone know sites selling good already built coils for clouds?

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sold my Snowwolf, I don't guess that my style of vaping needed 200 watts to help me from returning to cig's. Dropped back to a 50 watt single 18650 battery that runs about 19 to 23 watts or so.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I got my Snow Wolf 200 watt a couple of days ago and it works great!

But I am really scared of using it, i do not want to wear out the threads, any advice on how to not wear them out?

I don't like the fact that i sit there and screw on my atomizers really slowly. Should i even be worried at all?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I got my Snow Wolf 200 watt a couple of days ago and it works great!

But I am really scared of using it, i do not want to wear out the threads, any advice on how to not wear them out?

I don't like the fact that i sit there and screw on my atomizers really slowly. Should i even be worried at all?
The only thing I would worry about, is an atomizer not screwing in all the way. I have 1 of 54 RDAs, that does have a problem with my mech mods. Just don't use that one. Otherwise the threads should be know problem, unless it's a piece of junk (which I doubt!).

VU Sponsors