Become a Patron!

Anyone got some thoughts on SMOK TFV4?

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After reading the praises I bought a TFV4 at a local vape shop to use on my Koopor Mini. I could not get the wattage high enough on the triple coil to get adequate vapor or flavor. My Triton blows the TFV4 away on lower wattage units. I was told by another guy that I trust that if you can't push it to 80 watts or so that it will not perform well. The other problem I had with it was that it got hotter than a $2 pistol and that made me really nervous. Took it back to the local vape store and they refunded my money. May try another one when my Koopor Plus (200 watts) comes in but for now it's the Triton and awesome Velocity RDA.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
After reading the praises I bought a TFV4 at a local vape shop to use on my Koopor Mini. I could not get the wattage high enough on the triple coil to get adequate vapor or flavor. My Triton blows the TFV4 away on lower wattage units. I was told by another guy that I trust that if you can't push it to 80 watts or so that it will not perform well. The other problem I had with it was that it got hotter than a $2 pistol and that made me really nervous. Took it back to the local vape store and they refunded my money. May try another one when my Koopor Plus (200 watts) comes in but for now it's the Triton and awesome Velocity RDA.

The extreme heat is freaking a lot of people out. But we have to keep in mind, there's a LOT of wire in there. So the temps are naturally higher.

I'm currently using a single coil rebuild. And having pretty good results. But then again, I didn't buy mine for the same reasons that others did. I love the bigger deck, and the top fill feature.

As always, your mileage may vary. And my opinion is only relevant to me. ;)

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You need the higher watts to push those Crazy Ass Coils they got going with it.
I personally didnt buy the TFV4 to use with Smok's coils.
I bought it for the nice build quality, nice top-fill design, and decent dual coil rba build deck that has great air flow.
With that said...if you use the Dual Coil RBA Deck with reasonable dual coil builds in it, you get really nice flavor and great Vapor even at relatively low wattage.
I get the same amount of Vapor from my 26g .4ohm dual coil build @ 40w as I was getting with Smok's Triple Coil @ 95-100w. The tank doesnt get ridiculously hot like it does with the Triple and Quad Coils at .2ohm.
But obviously .2ohms @ 100w or more, the base is gonna get hot.;)

Tepid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use the dual coil RBA, .4ohm at 38-40W, great tank. Best tank I have ever had or tried. Get the wicking right, and no spitting, no dry hits. For the record,I started when the eGo bridged attys and poly fill.

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This thread is kinda discouraging me from the tfv4. The local lounge has that and the crown. Think I'm buying the crown today. I was wanting the tfv4 mini, but the think the crown will be solid. I'm getting the rba deck too.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thread is kinda discouraging me from the tfv4. The local lounge has that and the crown. Think I'm buying the crown today. I was wanting the tfv4 mini, but the think the crown will be solid. I'm getting the rba deck too.
Keep in mind that the Mini TFV4 may not have the problems of the original.
It looks like they're using different o-rings in the pictures.
I can't yet confirm this because mine is still on pre-order, so take it for what it's worth.
As for the glass...who knows.

Now that I've replaced the glass and bottom o-ring all seems to be good so far.
I've been using the dual coil rba deck and its been really nice.

Just a thought:
If your shop has the Mini in stock already...
Just have them open it and let you look at it before hand.
INSPECT the Glass and O-Rings, and if all is solid make a choice then.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I'm hoping I can rebuild the coils easily

It's a little different but fairly easy. Wicking is the problem, the feed slots are huge. More wick seems to be better contrary to some videos I've seen. I'd fill it a little and watch it and wouldn't trust it to not dump the tank at first.

I looked at the crown because the shop only had the basic TFV4 kit and I didn't know they had an RBA. I ended up getting another TFV4. I didn't see anything special about the crown.

Although my bottom seal was stuck to the glass the threading on my 2nd was much better. I think that's where the random leaking was.
In fact my dual RBA deck came without a gasket and I didn't notice. I was metal to metal for a little while before I decided to go with a heavier gauge. I only had a couple drips in the base.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I have the crown, the tfv4 and the tfv4 mini. If you are seriously considering using the rba, the tfv4 mini is the much better option. Though the crown is good, the rba decks on the tfv4 are much better. With the crown, you are limited to a very small coil and the wicking slots are small, better than many tank rba decks, but still small. The crown rba pretty much limits you to 4-6 wrap single coil. , the picture below is the crown rba. I can see I have a hard time fitting a 4 wrap twisted 28g in it, and that on a 2mm rod. It's also a pain to wick. Too little and it leaks, too much and you have no airflow.

The tfv4 rba decks have a lot of deck space and great juice flow. You have a lot more options for coil builds. You can fit twisted, Clapton, horizontal. I never get a dry hit, even chain vaping 60watts

You also have a lot more coil options wth tfv4 (12 heads including 3 different rba styles) and they will be around for a while. One problem with all these replaceable coil head tanks is that they come and go so quickly, it becomes difficult to find the heads.

If your worried about juice consumption, it depends on which coil head, wattage and build you use. Being someone who normally vapes around 20-30 watts, I even find that the tri coil head gives me plenty of vapor at 40-50 watts, so I don't go through as much juice and battery as some people. But with the rba deck, you can build a nice single or double coil that gives great flavor and vapor and not go through nearly as much juice as the 3,4 or 6 coil head. My tfv4 with a single coil SS, 24 gauge 6 wrap on 3mm rod does much better with juice consumption than my crown tank. I will also say that the full size tfv4 is not that bad looking on mods. A slight overhang, but barely noticeable
d31bab78af19c2ea981cc0cc2315963f.jpg
c8b8e4ce99f0ff0271956a249a0a79c5.jpg

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's a little different but fairly easy. Wicking is the problem, the feed slots are huge. More wick seems to be better contrary to some videos I've seen. I'd fill it a little and watch it and wouldn't trust it to not dump the tank at first..

The tfv4 definitely works better and doesn't leak with more wick. Jam as much cotton as you can in there and just put a little space against the wall and cotton for the juice to flow in, but have lots of cotton in there. With the top fill method, gravity will push plenty of juice into that wick every time you fill it and if you don't have enough cotton, it will simply fill the chamber and leak out the airholes. (Learned that the hard way after having it dump 4 ml of juice all over my mod)

Reactions: Myk

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the crown, the tfv4 and the tfv4 mini.

Has the BLACK TFV4 Mini been released yet or is it just the stainless right now?

I have a black one on pre-order and the vendor hasn't listed anything about either.
I even sent a couple emails asking about them, but he didn't respond.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has the BLACK TFV4 Mini been released yet or is it just the stainless right now?

I have a black one on pre-order and the vendor hasn't listed anything about either.
I even sent a couple emails asking about them, but he didn't respond.

From what I understand , the black one isn't being release for a couple more weeks.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The more I use the tfv4 mini, the more it's replacing all my other tanks, with the exception of the aromamizer rdta. The mini looks great on all my mods and the Clapton coil heads is unbelievable. The Clapton rba deck is great and can be used to regular and twisted coils as well as Clapton builds. I have a video review on my YouTube

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The more I use the tfv4 mini, the more it's replacing all my other tanks, with the exception of the aromamizer rdta. The mini looks great on all my mods and the Clapton coil heads is unbelievable. The Clapton rba deck is great and can be used to regular and twisted coils as well as Clapton builds. I have a video review on my YouTube

Shoot me a link to the video.
I'm interested in seeing that.
Ive never used Clapton before.

As for the original TFV4...
I can see what you mean. Im only using the dual deck on it right now just for my personal coils. But I get great wicking, flavor and vapor production out of it. Its actually nice to have this kind of performance from a tank. I've grown fond of RDA's because of airflow and flavor, but this tank is pretty close man. I still prefer RDA's because they provide a "wetter " type of vape... but the TFV4 DOES perform.

Speaking of RDA's:
I just got my Hannya Postless.
Man...what a breeze to build on.
Super easy an innovative I think.
I build very modest battery saving builds...but without having the posts in the way should open up a intricate builders paradise!
I'm very pleased with it.
At first I was a bit skeptical if it would leak...but NONE!
Very nice
And i thought the shallow juice wells would piss me off...but since the native posts arent in the way, i can run cotton all around the base and hit that shit for just about as long as I would with a 6mm juice well beofre it runs dry!
Im loving this bitchola!

0ef6e4754b076a5b47be988756fbed16.jpg

e9c4b56e8405ef63b70feb7d9f7eb79e.jpg

6dd84cab578a8b5ef09669305d1e021e.jpg

If anyone is interested in checking this RDA out:
https://originvape.com/product/blitz-enterprises-hannya-rda/
c856c2a8c55a3cfc86c5c4bdd59bbf9d.jpg

22504e38cb42c2a62d1c28584650ec7a.jpg

Last edited:

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Odd, mine came with spare o-rings. I've had no leak issues either. I'm using the RBA exclusively, and getting great results.

The triple and quad coils seem pointless too me. Except to be a huge juice drinker, and battery killer. Although I understand people are raving about those coils. I'll stick with what works for me.
That's what I heard and seen on reviews but we here in Asia don't receive spare o-ribgs.

I had the stainless steel tfv4 and both of the top rubber pieces expanded and kept popping out when I tried to put them back in. I decided to buy the black one and today the rubber piece did the same thing and expanded. Now I have to use the spare piece and hope this one doesn't randomly expand and keep popping out of the tank causing me to not be able to close the top. Anyone have any idea why it would expand and not fit back into the top??

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had the stainless steel tfv4 and both of the top rubber pieces expanded and kept popping out when I tried to put them back in. I decided to buy the black one and today the rubber piece did the same thing and expanded. Now I have to use the spare piece and hope this one doesn't randomly expand and keep popping out of the tank causing me to not be able to close the top. Anyone have any idea why it would expand and not fit back into the top??

Are you using a liquid with pineapple or citrus?

Which just got me to realize I'm using both in mine, LOL. But my pineapple is minimal and citrus is only a good possibility of attacking silicone.

Are you using a liquid with pineapple or citrus?

Which just got me to realize I'm using both in mine, LOL. But my pineapple is minimal and citrus is only a good possibility of attacking silicone.
I was using some sour apple liquid so I have no idea if that would affect it. Do you think it could be temperature related at all?

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was using some sour apple liquid so I have no idea if that would affect it. Do you think it could be temperature related at all?

Does it have cinnamon in it! Som Cinnamon flavoring a has been known to melt plastics and o rings

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Hard to say if you don't know what's in it. Mine with pineapple is a watermelon flavor. Sometimes an odd flavor combo sets off the main flavor.
But I'd say the flavor attacking the silicone has to be what it is.
I've never noticed it with the apples I use but even the .2ml pineapple I use can instantly ruin my flavor syringe if I measure in the wrong order and it does eventually wear out o-rings.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Whether or not Ill get any resolution from the place I orded it from is still up in the air.
And they are supposedly a good stateside shop. Im not gonna bash them unless they do me wrong...so we'll see. But for being a "good" stateside shop , having your number not listed and only means of contact being email...doesnt sit well with me straight out of the gate.

So, did they make it right?

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got my mini today and so far I like it. Using the quad coils now. Doesn't need as much power as some reviews say. I first used my ipv2 mini (kinda old school) and it didn't work too well. At 70 watts, it wasn't really warm and tasted burnt. Got the gf's snow wolf and it's a whole different ball game. At 55-60 watts on the wolf, it's warm and very flavorful. But it does guzzle juice like a dripper. So far so good. I thought I was gonna need a massive high end mod for it, but I think I can get by with a istick 100.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have both the full size and the mini tfv4 and I'm now in love with the Clapton Rba (tf-rca). I didn't buy these tanks for the coil heads, but I've tried most and they are all great. But the Rba Clapton is incredible. Tons of room to build, giant juice wells, great air flow. Now if I can just find a retailer that has them in stock so I can get a second one for my full size. Once I get a second, it's the only thing I'll run in it.

The tfv4 and the aromamizer have become the only tanks I use now, replacing my zephrus, billow v2, Goliath v2)

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
How's the flavor with the mini TFV4? As good as the big one?

I took my time and built a better dual TC Ti coil in 28ga. Got the ohms similar to my single build 26ga. Temperature setting is more normal (had to have it up to 480°-490° with dual 26ga) and it's not burning through charges on the D2 now.
I still don't see much benefit in dual TC.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, did they make it right?
Yeah...kinda.
After waiting almost a week, they finally responded to my emails.
We fought back and forth with several more emails after that.
They wanted me to send it all the way across the country to MADVAPES for a return/replacement on MY DIME!
I don't know WHAT their affiliation with MadVapes is, or if they are a sister company of theirs...who knows. But their shop is in CA (where I purchased it) and MadVapes is clear across the country. Whatever they were trying to do either way was pretty damn shady. Finally I just said...do the right thing and just send me the parts that were faulty (replacement glass and a bottom o-ring) and let's just get it over with. So that's what they ended up doing.

So needless to say,
I WILL NEVER do business with Vape Royalty EVER AGAIN!
They are WAY overpriced.
They take forever to respond to issues with paying customers.
They argue the fact and then try to pass it all over to MadVapes for WHATEVER REASON.
Not a good place to do business with if you ask me.

Last edited:

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How's the flavor with the mini TFV4? As good as the big one?

I took my time and built a better dual TC Ti coil in 28ga. Got the ohms similar to my single build 26ga. Temperature setting is more normal (had to have it up to 480°-490° with dual 26ga) and it's not burning through charges on the D2 now.
I still don't see much benefit in dual TC.
Yep.
And the Clapton Coil Deck is nice.
I didn't think I would get as good of air flow/vapor and flavor from a single Clapton on that little deck in comparison to the dual coil deck, but I was wrong.
It works great!
There might be a tiny bit less airflow... but to be honest I can't really tell.
(And I'm a air flow nut... so if it was restricted I'd definitely be the one to point it out.)
I might just have it in my head that it's a bit more restrictive just because I still can't believe it's working as well as the dual coil rba.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay...
So I received my Black tfv4 Mini last night.
Looks like they updated the rings for the glass as well as the way they fit into place, so no issues there.
The glass for the mini also appears to be better quality than for the original.
(Seems to be a bit beveled and not sharp jagged cheap feeling like the original tfv4 is)
Those two things are a nice improvement over the original tfv4 and for that alone I think the Mini is a better purchase. It just seems better thought out and better built now.
And of course that Clapton Coil deck is great. Nice nice airflow/vapor and flavor.

But...
They're still using the same Shit o-rings on the Chimney and Base of the Clapton deck.
The one on the deck already split on me. Just junk!
(I'm glad a had a better one for it on hand)(not from Smok of course )
Anyone that buys this tank or the original and had the intention of using the RBA on a regular basis...be aware that those Shit rings aren't gonna last and WILL leak. And they use the same garbage on the chimney, so that's next to leak.
I'm currently working on a source for better rings and when I can confirm they work I will post it up for everyone.

If it wasn't for those Shit rings...I think this would be one of the best rta tanks out right now.
And it may not matter to people that want to use Smok's pre-built coils because they will just get tossed when they're done anyways. But for people that want to build on that deck...YOU'RE GONNA NEED BETTER RINGS PERIOD. Just a word of warning.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now MY QUESTION for all you Black Mini owners is:

Did they change the finish on the top portion of the tank???
My full size Black TFV4 is all a Glossy Black Finish.
(base, top, and drip tip)
On this Mini I received... the Base and Drip Tip are Glossy, but the Top Portion of the tank is a dull flat black looking thing. Almost looks like a brushed anodized aluminium.
Just doesn't look right.

I want to hear back from you other Black Mini owners to see if they are all being shipped like this or if ONCE AGAIN...
more Shit got past QC that shouldn't and I ended up with it AGAIN!
I seem to have really bad luck ending up with junk parts that slip through the good ol "Quality Control" loop holes for some reason.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yep.
I didn't think I would get as good of air flow/vapor and flavor from a single Clapton on that little deck in comparison to the dual coil deck, but I was wrong.
It works great!
There might be a tiny bit less airflow... but to be honest I can't really tell.
(And I'm a air flow nut... so if it was restricted I'd definitely be the one to point it out.)
I might just have it in my head that it's a bit more restrictive just because I still can't believe it's working as well as the dual coil rba.
I thought I loved the stock rba and got the TF-R2 and man its much better with more airflow, I had to use my dremel and grind the post mounts for more room for my type f builds but Im also ordering the RCA rba to check out how that turns out as well. I love how theres a good amount of workroom compared to other rba's and the flavor and vapor production is just nothing short of amazing...
Ill post pics of my TF-R2 builds when Im done using it :p
20151112_083519-jpg.33611
20151112_092504-jpg.33615
20151111_103104-jpg.33560
20151111_112241-jpg.33566

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yep.

Too late, got mine yesterday.
So far I like the clapton deck. Enough that I ordered 3 from FastTech. I'll at least replace my dual deck (hate that thing for TC) and probably the single.
If you only use the RBA you have plenty of shit o-rings to replace it with on the prebuilt shit coils. :D

I don't have a black full size but my mini seems to be glossy.

tfv4mini.jpg

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've seen no issues with QA on my Black Mini.

I do have some minor complaints. First and foremost the thing heats up very quickly. So It's going to have to be for lower wattage builds (like the clapton stuff), which is fine but worth noting. The other thing is the Clapton RBA deck, it's smaller, that was disappointing. They took about a mm off the diameter for that coil. Plus is more room for juice in the tank, minus is less room for coils. Ohh well. Something cool they include though is a plug for the deck, yup weird sounding right? Well it will allow more restricted airflow for the MTL type vapers out there, that's surely cool.

Anyways, Mini seems like it'll have it's spot but the full size wins it for me as a higher wattage kind of guy most of the time. Want a cooler more restricted vaping experience, the Mini with that plugged up clapton RBA will surely suite you nicely.

Anyways thought I'd just note those things. As far as the sheen on my tank it's shiny all over, didn't really notice any inconsistency, it looks great (and I like that they give you 2 different color o-rings).

Speaking of those, yes the coil o-rings suck, hell the clapton RBA's o-ring had already fallen off when I got it. But no biggy, for now they have included extras plus I have old stock coils I can salvage from. My single/dual RBAs have been going strong with their o-rings so ehh. They're certainly cheap but working fine for me. Of course if anyone finds a place to grab some cheap better options I'd be interested in swapping them out as they are cheap/flimsy.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah...i kinda figired that about the finish.
Thanks you two.
Looks like another one slipped by QC then and it once again landed in my hands.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The problem I'm having with the Mini is leaking though, and I can't figure it out.
Yeah...the chimney and rba rings are Shit, but I already replaced the rba ring and the chimney is holding up for now. So I know it isn't those. The glass rings are fine, so it's not those. Everything is sealing up okay right now IT SEEMS because I left it sit overnight and all was good. If it was a ring issue I would've had a puddle of juice on my table this morning.

When I'm having leaking is right after I refill the tank.
Of course I close off the AFC when filling, so it leads me to believe it's a wicking issue.
Just can't figure out why or how to remedy it.
I wicked it just like I do my dual coil rba on the full size tfv4.
Wedge/V-Shaped cut with a tail down in the juice well.
Tried it with a the tail hanging just about half way down the channels and everything was fine until after I refilled it.
Then juice poured out the AFC.
So next time I used a bit more...same thing.
Then a bit less...same thing.
Now a bit more again...same thing.

Here's my latest.
If anyone sees something wrong with it that could be causing the problem, please point it out.
f5835d3570403fe4f94a6b643da6da26.jpg

Otherwise...
I have to think it's a vacuum issue somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

Any suggestions?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I replied to our convo Blacktooth
Try This (Pancake Wicking Method)
But where on the pic, above the juice channels is where you want the cotton to rest, not in or bunched above but loosely fluffed just above it. Your cotton will keep it in balance and the vacuum pressure will even out if it is a problem.
3GoJRcb.jpg

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I replied to our convo Blacktooth
Try This (Pancake Wicking Method)
But where on the pic, above the juice channels is where you want the cotton to rest, not in or bunched above but loosely fluffed just above it. Your cotton will keep it in balance and the vacuum pressure will even out if it is a problem.
3GoJRcb.jpg
Thanks.
I'll give it a shot and let ya know.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So far I can say lightly wicked channels is not the answer. With just the glass on it was flooding, which with no suction filling is where my previous problem was.
I tried packing them with so much that some stuck out like a PT head.
I'm going to guess this is too much and it's somewhat less. But so far it's producing good clouds so it's not flooded (comparatively I'd say it was flooded last night/this morning) and not going into temperature protection too much.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was right, it got a little dry. Poked a needle down through, see how this goes.

A good thing about the smaller RBA is the rule that less room in the atty means more flavor.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes same size threads and base, it's the cap and deck that's about 1mm smaller diameter (maybe a tad more?). So there's a small lip between the thread and the cap compared to the single/dual RBA which is flush all the way up.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A ton of wick in the channels didn't wick fast enough as expected. Poking holes through the channels didn't fix it.

I cut about the same ton of wick but instead pulled it up through the cover dry, screwed it down and then poked it down to the deck. So far no leaking and it's feeding fast enough.

It may still leak if the top is open. I think that may be the nature of this RCA because the deck is so small. There's just not enough height difference from the channels to the air hole.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
A ton of wick in the channels didn't wick fast enough as expected. Poking holes through the channels didn't fix it.

I cut about the same ton of wick but instead pulled it up through the cover dry, screwed it down and then poked it down to the deck. So far no leaking and it's feeding fast enough.

It may still leak if the top is open. I think that may be the nature of this RCA because the deck is so small. There's just not enough height difference from the channels to the air hole.
You know it was mentioned yesterday that the way you just did it is the way to go. You dont even need to close the AFC when refilling using that wicking method and you wont get a dry hit or leaking using it. Just make sure when threading the wick through the coils theres a slight resistance in the cotton running through, if you have to pull it hard or it bunches up at all then theres too much cotton being used and will choke the juice at the coil. Also make sure your coils are around 4mm above the air holes on the rba.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You know it was mentioned yesterday that the way you just did it is the way to go. You dont even need to close the AFC when refilling using that wicking method and you wont get a dry hit or leaking using it. Just make sure when threading the wick through the coils theres a slight resistance in the cotton running through, if you have to pull it hard or it bunches up at all then theres too much cotton being used and will choke the juice at the coil. Also make sure your coils are around 4mm above the air holes on the rba.

The pancake method? I use that on SubTanks, this is different.
I tried that on my full size TFV4 at first and it is what insta-dumped. They take a lot more wick. I assume because the feed channels are so large if the base is as open as what they need to be on a SubTank it just pours though. I also tried that on these and it flooded.
No clear shot from the channel into the chamber on these like on others.

20151118_103823.jpg

On the other two TFV4 RBAs I load up the channels and the camber. On the RCA nothing in the channels but the chamber is packed.

On SubTanks the channels are open into the chamber.
20150915_140735.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The pancake method? I use that on SubTanks, this is different.
I tried that on my full size TFV4 at first and it is what insta-dumped. They take a lot more wick. I assume because the feed channels are so large if the base is as open as what they need to be on a SubTank it just pours though. I also tried that on these and it flooded.
No clear shot from the channel into the chamber on these like on others.

View attachment 33998

On the other two TFV4 RBAs I load up the channels and the camber. On the RCA nothing in the channels but the chamber is packed.

On SubTanks the channels are open into the chamber.
View attachment 33999
I havent yet had an issue with either deck but I dont use spaced coils so I dont know if that would make the difference or not.
This is what I built for today on the dual rba, smallest fused claptons Ive ever made... 2x32g/44g 7 Wraps on 3mm bit @ .63 Ohms20151118_124450.jpg 20151118_124535.jpg 20151118_124419.jpg

VU Sponsors