Biggest Disappointments....

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone who knows me knows I do NOT buy vendor juice. I've made my own for over two years and in my opinion it tastes much better than pretentious, overpriced vendor juice. But boy did I just get suckered...

For a long time I've read and heard rave reviews about a certain juice. I've made a couple of clone recipes that were pretty good, but having never tried the original I had nothing to compare it to. I looked it up a couple or few times and almost clicked the button but refused to let myself get in for 15 bucks for a 30ml bottle of something I could likely make myself for a fraction of that. For whatever reason, I revisited the site last week and after reading almost 100 rave reviews, I thought "why not?" I dove in for a 60ml bottle, thinking I could share with a couple of work mates and get their impressions of what they tasted, then set out to make my own version. It arrived yesterday....

Pretty bottle...smelled okay...the "born on" date is October of last year, so it needs no steeping (still a little older than what I would figure most vendors would sell, but wudda I know?).... I proceeded to fill my tank and vape one of the nastiest juices I've had the displeasure of experiencing. :blech:
Lenola Cream...worst $25 I ever spent.

What have you purchased that didn't meet your expectations? Juice? Gear? I don't wanna be the only one here wasting good money....lol!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Anyone who knows me knows I do NOT buy vendor juice. I've made my own for over two years and in my opinion it tastes much better than pretentious, overpriced vendor juice. But boy did I just get suckered...

For a long time I've read and heard rave reviews about a certain juice. I've made a couple of clone recipes that were pretty good, but having never tried the original I had nothing to compare it to. I looked it up a couple or few times and almost clicked the button but refused to let myself get in for 15 bucks for a 30ml bottle of something I could likely make myself for a fraction of that. For whatever reason, I revisited the site last week and after reading almost 100 rave reviews, I thought "why not?" I dove in for a 60ml bottle, thinking I could share with a couple of work mates and get their impressions of what they tasted, then set out to make my own version. It arrived yesterday....

Pretty bottle...smelled okay...the "born on" date is October of last year, so it needs no steeping (still a little older than what I would figure most vendors would sell, but wudda I know?).... I proceeded to fill my tank and vape one of the nastiest juices I've had the displeasure of experiencing. :blech:

What have you purchased that didn't meet your expectations? Juice? Gear? I don't wanna be the only one here wasting good money....lol!

Last December I bought a 30 ml bottle of blueberry "I Love Donuts"

Thought I would gag it was so terribly, despite a lot of raving reviews

This is how I made my mistake: I won a couple of contests for juice that ended up being quite delicious and I thought to myself, "Hmm, maybe I've been mistaken about most commercial juice being garbage. What will it hurt to indulge in the occasional treat?"

So when I found myself in B&M while out of state, went ahead and bought the juice. Cost about $22 if I remember right.

DUMB ASS MISTAKE ON MY PART :eek: <---- probably actually looked like that went tasting that crap

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if you can call it a disappointment, since I didn't know what to expect in the first place, but... The most awful, vile, foul-tasting juice I ever purchased was Big Mouth Midnight:

big-mouth-midnight-e-juice.jpg

I have many meh juices that I keep around to try new builds and not waste good juice on builds that turn out not to work properly. But *this* juice, I can't even use for that purpose. Imagine a mixture of Chernobyl reactor coolant, three-day old roadkill stew, industrial disinfectant and feces from a elderly person's diaper: that's what this juice would taste like if it wasn't 200% worse...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if you can call it a disappointment, since I didn't know what to expect in the first place, but... The most awful, vile, foul-tasting juice I ever purchased was Big Mouth Midnight:

big-mouth-midnight-e-juice.jpg

I have many meh juices that I keep around to try new builds and not waste good juice on builds that turn out not to work properly. But *this* juice, I can't even use for that purpose. Imagine a mixture of Chernobyl reactor coolant, three-day old roadkill stew, industrial disinfectant and feces from a elderly person's diaper: that's what this juice would taste like if it wasn't 200% worse...
I don't think even Lenola was that bad....LOL!!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
hmm
ive been pretty lucky only gotten a couple bad things

koopor plus mod - broke in 3 months
vgod rta way to airy
cap and tfa peach and mango - its great if your shooting for dollar store reject hard candy taste

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every juice I tried from MBV...every damn one. It was the first juice I was able to get from a vendor in Europe.

I've only had one juice that I liked and it was from Vape Dudes. If it wasn't for DIY, I'd be on the stinkies right now.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I cant comment on pre made juice I literally started DIY after my first weekend vaping as I was so taken back by extortion racket of pre made

So mine is Joy from flavour Art ....Beer burp time its proper minging

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get a zamplebox every month so I can get ideas for flavors to use in my own mixes. I would be stuck mixing bakery/dessert/cake juices continuously if it weren't for the off the wall stuff ZB sends. Even though I can select the juices I get in my box it's usually hit and miss. When ZB was picking the bottles it was mostly miss lol.

One juice in particular had thousands of great reviews and only a handful that were bad. Crow and Chemist strawberry jubilee...described in short as a delicious strawberry with a hint of cream. All I could taste was chap stick with a hint of death. Maybe that's why there's a crow on the bottle :giggle:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a Geekvape Illusion 260 I never use. I tried it with 6mg nic juice and that was way too much. Felt sick. So I used 3 nic and realized Im not looking for high wattage huge clouds. I'm better off with mid sized sub tanks at 45-55 watts. The illusion quad coils dont even heat up at that level. $30 bucks but owell. I can always trade it or give it to somebody.

I've never picked a bad commercial juice and am struggling at diy.

Last edited:

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pretty much every time I get into a new aspect of vaping. Started when I began vaping & has continued every time I get into something new. Most recently, I began trying DIY juice & bought some flavors from Liquid Barn. Just placed a new order from Bull City for multiple FA flavors (hoping this will be much better).

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At least I know now that it'll be easy to clone Lenola Cream. Go to the neighbor's yard and harvest a few dog piles, add PG, VG, and a touch of strawberry, shake well....

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once a week I buy a random bottle of juice (aside from my standing online orders) out of sheer boredom and they never fail to disappoint. I have a friend in NJ who will vape practically anything so I send him what I don't like at the end of the month. As long as I'm vaping, he'll never buy juice again. Out of the dozens of different juices I've tried there are about 5 I would rebuy and that's being generous.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last December I bought a 30 ml bottle of blueberry "I Love Donuts"

Thought I would gag it was so terribly, despite a lot of raving reviews

This is how I made my mistake: I won a couple of contests for juice that ended up being quite delicious and I thought to myself, "Hmm, maybe I've been mistaken about most commercial juice being garbage. What will it hurt to indulge in the occasional treat?"

So when I found myself in B&M while out of state, went ahead and bought the juice. Cost about $22 if I remember right.

DUMB ASS MISTAKE ON MY PART :eek: <---- probably actually looked like that went tasting that crap

Every thing they make (Merida vapes I believe?) taste like crap. Whatever base they are using is awful. I've had a few of their different lines / flavors and they are all bad.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Halo Voodoo, no question. Actually, pretty much Halo *anything*.

And Pipe Sauce ejuices.... a couple of them really hit the spot, tastewise... but then I discovered they're like 90%-95% VG. I can't vape that shit unless I wanna end up in the hospital! I really REALLY love the taste of Long Bottom leaf -- that's the one I was trying to clone, with my Smocha. Never could make anything like Long Bottom Leaf... though Smocha turned out ok in its own right, it's definitely not Long Bottom Leaf. :(

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Best ever store bought juice for me was Clayton tobacco.
Tasted the most like cigs of any tobacco I have vaped.
When I first started vaping it was the only commercial ejuice I could find to vape that did not cause issues. Sore mouth, throat, etc.
I have the same issues with at least 1/2 of the flavorings I try in my DIY.
Used to get 18 mg and cut it 50% with 50/50.

Quality stuff found at Gas Stations and tobacco shops :)
But it kept me off of cigs till I got in gear with DIY.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Probably one of the worst I had was Winter Exodus from Grunt Vapes, an apple pie like flavor. That stuff was way too strong (flavor overload):blech: it's impossible to vape this out of your wicks or coils. Even after a dry burn, re-wick and running water through the tank. I had to chuck the coils to finally get rid of the taste. I guess I am lucky that it was a contest win, so I wasn't out of money for it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Probably one of the worst I had was Winter Exodus from Grunt Vapes, an apple pie like flavor. That stuff was way too strong (flavor overload):blech: it's impossible to vape this out of your wicks or coils. Even after a dry burn, re-wick and running water through the tank. I had to chuck the coils to finally get rid of the taste. I guess I am lucky that it was a contest win, so I wasn't out of money for it.

Yeah - but the time it takes to undo a :poop: vape - ugh

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was what Pluid did for me! Plus it took a couple weeks to get that "SMELL" out of my office...Pluid overrides Lysol with a vengeance. :eek:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

My biggest mistake :crazy: was not listening to @Teresa P (AND) many other good folks here to dive into DIY before I did........:vino:

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
A while back I won 250ml of juice from a company (all 10mls).... only 5 were vapable... Only one went beyond expectations.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's probably the only really good thing about my odd requirements for such high PG (+85%), and using WTA as I needed to, in 2014, it got me into DIY very quickly after I started vaping... but someone pointed out, way back then, that the mixing of pre-made ejuice that I did right from practically day 1, made DIY a natural step for me. I'm that way with cooking too; I've never seen a recipe that I couldn't improve upon. :giggle:

Andria

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hmm
ive been pretty lucky only gotten a couple bad things

koopor plus mod - broke in 3 months
vgod rta way to airy
cap and tfa peach and mango - its great if your shooting for dollar store reject hard candy taste

Oh, I thought we were talking about juice here.

If hardware is included, then... Wismec.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a bit astounded how many people don't DIY. Once you get up to speed, the time investment is minimal. The thought of paying 10x for shitty juice over what it costs to make it is economically irrational. We should start recommending Dan Ariely to new vapers.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hands Down - One Hit Wonder Police Man
It tastes like a dirty gym sock that was steeped in a shit filled diaper for a week.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hands Down - One Hit Wonder Police Man
It tastes like a dirty gym sock that was steeped in a shit filled diaper for a week.
:blech:
What is it with some vendors and gym socks? I'm getting a visual of a few "clean rooms" with big buckets full of steamy, smelly socks steeping in sweat. Lol!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Yea, you vape a little bit, almost puke then have to not only rewick but recoil your atty because it looks like someone dunked in used motor oil.
This is after 8 or nine vapes off of it.

VU Sponsors