Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep looking at the SXK MiniMeBB thing and all I can think of is that I'll need a couple more mf-ing MF bidges. Now, @R3alJim Shady, all you need to do is cruise on down to the SXK FB page and get them.....I know you'll buy them, play a week or three and then sell them in the classies:cheers: I'm calling dibs if I don't get mine first. They have a poiple and a bronze too but all I could find in stock was black....and that's too morbid for me.

Just messin' with ya brotha!
Probably would be true if I wasn't so happy with my current setups! I've given up on pod systems and other small setups since I have a couple 18350 mechs and a trusty Mi-One. Not much difference for me there as far as vape quality, battery life, and portability.

That being said (and I know it's been said before) I'm calling bullshit on Steam Tuners gear being made in Greece. This KFL 2019 top fill cap hasn't even been released yet and a "clone" has popped up on 3f and Hotecig. There's no way they have something in their hand to clone already unless they're manufacturing the OG product. I have zero issues with their stuff being made in China, but just be honest about it, assholes!

https://www.3fvape.com/misc/36934-s...316-stainless-steel-pei-pom.html#.XJyuM7cpAwA

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Probably would be true if I wasn't so happy with my current setups! I've given up on pod systems and other small setups since I have a couple 18350 mechs and a trusty Mi-One. Not much difference for me there as far as vape quality, battery life, and portability.

That being said (and I know it's been said before) I'm calling bullshit on Steam Tuners gear being made in Greece. This KFL 2019 top fill cap hasn't even been released yet and a "clone" has popped up on 3f and Hotecig. There's no way they have something in their hand to clone already unless they're manufacturing the OG product. I have zero issues with their stuff being made in China, but just be honest about it, assholes!

https://www.3fvape.com/misc/36934-s...316-stainless-steel-pei-pom.html#.XJyuM7cpAwA

Sent from the Death Star

I've said it before...

I think at one time many of the better named companies were making their own, but profitability was low and they all turned to China. Also if and when these companies go that route, they loose the intellectual property rights and China goes to town.

I have clone ST caps for the Dvarw and Authentic ST caps... the Authentics are different in a few ways... Thicker side walls... they were glassed over (made truly clear once liquid touches them) not frosted...and their threading is spot on.

Does this mean they aren't made in China? Not in the slightest... just means they are to a different spec.

In my opinion...95% of the bigger name vape companies mfg in China, or some variant of cheap mfg.

One I know that says and proves they do their own in house mfg is L'Atelier (Molly, Threnity etc) ... on their FB page, you see them in their workshop (L'Atelier meaning ) showing videos of their machines running, parts table, installation, incoming materials.

Then there is Kennedy.

I am sure there is more

Caveat...

I know some companies give their design specs to other companies...for % of their sales... imagine the incentive... ST calls SM... hey gimme spec's for caps...take 10% of sales I make...

Nick Ricotta... since he is buds with admins of Haku... he will have the new stuff from these admins sent (Protos) to measure and make caps for...

TL;DR Odds are they are in business with China

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well yesterday you said it was to early for math at 9am, this time I talked about manufacturing and probabilities at 6a ;)
You want me to remember what I said yesterday? I'm lucky to remember breakfast this morning!:vino:

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Finally got the dvarw 16 and the sxk atto in today. I like the atto. Very solid and surprisingly heavy for its size. The dvarw 16 is probably the most difficult deck I’ve built on. It won’t fit a coil bigger than 2mm ID. Even with it being a pain the flavor and vapor is great.
81e300e9f732865909fc86bf26cac708.jpg
f578b76bd89a611518acd378b6e2da0b.jpg

Size comparison with the 22mm dvarw.
4e3bcbae12a5f3098439eedaa05c27b4.jpg

Carpe Nidor

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got the dvarw 16 and the sxk atto in today. I like the atto. Very solid and surprisingly heavy for its size. The dvarw 16 is probably the most difficult deck I’ve built on. It won’t fit a coil bigger than 2mm ID. Even with it being a pain the flavor and vapor is great.
81e300e9f732865909fc86bf26cac708.jpg
f578b76bd89a611518acd378b6e2da0b.jpg

Size comparison with the 22mm dvarw.
4e3bcbae12a5f3098439eedaa05c27b4.jpg

Carpe Nidor
Is there a way to change this to the MTLish Appreciation Thread?!

I've decided I don't like the Steam Tuners top fill tanks. They're okay and all but one of the things I like about the Dvarw is its simplicity and unique look. For me the ST takes away from that... also found flavor to be slightly better with the OG cap.

Secondly (and BB related), check this out. It's called the North Bridge. $39 shipped and it takes the Smok Nord coils in 1.4 cotton, 1.4 ceramic, and 0.6 mesh.

If anyone wants one you can PayPal me the money and I can get on the list for you. No service fee!
b92997139b30d49907de84f4374a49e0.jpg

Sent from the Death Star

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is there a way to change this to the MTLish Appreciation Thread?!

I've decided I don't like the Steam Tuners top fill tanks. They're okay and all but one of the things I like about the Dvarw is its simplicity and unique look. For me the ST takes away from that... also found flavor to be slightly better with the OG cap.

Secondly (and BB related), check this out. It's called the North Bridge. $39 shipped and it takes the Smok Nord coils in 1.4 cotton, 1.4 ceramic, and 0.6 mesh.

If anyone wants one you can PayPal me the money and I can get on the list for you. No service fee!
b92997139b30d49907de84f4374a49e0.jpg

Sent from the Death Star
@mrmeowgi can you please edit thread title?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought there were knives involved in the title too!:vino:

But, back at the ranch, any of you FB warriors hear any news on the Orion rebuildable pod? I'm happy with the Dvarws but if I got a couple of them pods, it would be great:cheers:

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Hmm, that's interesting. It appears the Nord coils fit the boro without a bottom adapter. Are the bridges ready now or are they just taking names? I haven't tried a Nord coil yet but I've heard that they are pretty decent.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, that's interesting. It appears the Nord coils fit the boro without a bottom adapter. Are the bridges ready now or are they just taking names? I haven't tried a Nord coil yet but I've heard that they are pretty decent.
The post said they will take about 4 weeks to arrive stateside once the list is closed.

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yup just shy of $20 ;) I picked up 6 myself, add them to the 8 "Molicel" branded ones I have

EDIT: I originally added 20 to the cart LOL... then I thought... do I "NEED" 28 P26s lol

Same $5.xx shipping for 20
Sure wish you had bought 20 of them, maybe I could've bought a few from you since they are sold out now:vino:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I almost caved and bought an Orchid pod. Surprised and glad I didn't. Love the idea of a board with a screen in a Orion-style form factor, but if I can't get a good MTL vape from it then it's worthless to me.

Sent from the Death Star

zadlives

Member For 2 Years
So I made a deal over on reddit to buy an RNB with mother of pearl button and tip, but I've got to raise the funds, so I sold my SXK BB and I'm trying to sell my custom squonk as well.

Which is all fine except I shipped the SXK off yesterday and I have to wait for the authentic which I won't have for about a week and a half, and in the meantime I'm already realizing that there's a big empty space in between using the Orion and the big dual battery mods. Went out for an event all day today and ended up taking a big mod along because I was afraid the Orion battery wouldn't last.

It's not like I don't have a ton of other vape stuff to play with but I'm going to be antsy til I get that RNB in hand.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I made a deal over on reddit to buy an RNB with mother of pearl button and tip, but I've got to raise the funds, so I sold my SXK BB and I'm trying to sell my custom squonk as well.

Which is all fine except I shipped the SXK off yesterday and I have to wait for the authentic which I won't have for about a week and a half, and in the meantime I'm already realizing that there's a big empty space in between using the Orion and the big dual battery mods. Went out for an event all day today and ended up taking a big mod along because I was afraid the Orion battery wouldn't last.

It's not like I don't have a ton of other vape stuff to play with but I'm going to be antsy til I get that RNB in hand.

Be careful, I just saw the pics of that BB and this one has me a lil worried...

upload_2019-4-6_17-55-22.png

Condensation on this side of the BB is not normal, especially at the battery contact sled part (black bottom right)

Most of the time when you get condensation at this point is because you had a leak from the boro which traveled down the battery sled side, and leaked at that point.

I am sure Timothy (Seller's name ) with his trade rating wouldn't sell a defective item, and that you did your due diligence and asked for a video of it powering up, firing, inside battery compartment... what have you ;)

Either way, hope he sends the original screws with it, for it you had to warranty it with the aftermarket black ones and sent it to BBV, they'd deny repair solely on that alone.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Total side note... Timothy was the one who bought my Palm DNA75, which he also sold in that sale thread on reddit, to the person who took to many days to purchase it from me the first go around.

Example: I'll take it... 12 days later no payment... sold to Timothy, who then sells it to her ;) lol

zadlives

Member For 2 Years
Total side note... Timothy was the one who bought my Palm DNA75, which he also sold in that sale thread on reddit, to the person who took to many days to purchase it from me the first go around.

Example: I'll take it... 12 days later no payment... sold to Timothy, who then sells it to her ;) lol

That's pretty funny. It always surprises me how small the vaping world seems to be.

Here in the Twin Cities, I see a lot more vapers in the wild than I did in California, but people here don't chat with strangers so I'm just left wondering how many of them are actually on here or reddit or wherever.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's pretty funny. It always surprises me how small the vaping world seems to be.

Here in the Twin Cities, I see a lot more vapers in the wild than I did in California, but people here don't chat with strangers so I'm just left wondering how many of them are actually on here or reddit or wherever.

Well I find it weird people here in California and mind you, I've been living here almost 20 years...want to talk to much to me lol

I'll be just minding my own shit, or walking somewhere and some yahoo is like Mr. Wilson

upload_2019-4-6_18-25-22.png

Do I know you MFR! lol

Do I have shit in my teeth?

lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I find it weird people here in California and mind you, I've been living here almost 20 years...want to talk to much to me lol

I'll be just minding my own shit, or walking somewhere and some yahoo is like Mr. Wilson

View attachment 135423

Do I know you MFR! lol

Do I have shit in my teeth?

lol
Sounds like you still have a bit of New York in you!

Sent from the Death Star

zadlives

Member For 2 Years
I guess I'm kind of an odd mix because on the one hand, I grew up in small town North Carolina so I can be a really friendly, outgoing extrovert. But on the other hand, I grew up there as the only out queer kid in town, so I can also be really closed-off and defensive, depending on the vibe I get from people and my overall mood.

I do find it kind of isolating here though that no one really ever strikes up a conversation when standing around in the smoking section outside work, or similar situations.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah that's never gonna leave... Still amazing me how overly sensitive people are here though, like the saying "Fuck off... or Fuck off with that... or best "What are ya...<Insert stupid, dumb, retarded, slow, dense>
It's funny, I've always felt like a part of me that's missing is there when I'm in Cali, but I've definitely got that harder East Coast side of me too
I guess I'm kind of an odd mix because on the one hand, I grew up in small town North Carolina so I can be a really friendly, outgoing extrovert. But on the other hand, I grew up there as the only out queer kid in town, so I can also be really closed-off and defensive, depending on the vibe I get from people and my overall mood.

I do find it kind of isolating here though that no one really ever strikes up a conversation when standing around in the smoking section outside work, or similar situations.
We're the sum total of our experiences so that's totally understandable. I often feel the same way going pretty fluid between introvert and extrovert. Sometimes I wish I could make up my damn mind!

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seriously, if anything, mannerisms with spoken words can relay intent; if you're with a bunch of friends or even in a semi-social environment where the cadence of conversation isn't all that serious...then there isn't really any reason to get all sensitive when you hear someone say, "What the fuck" with that face of disbelief... or saying things in the matter of get the fuck outta here etc... but many here get all puckered like they just sucked down some sour candy and had to eat a packet of crackers right after...

That and how the wife says to me sometimes, "Honey, why don't you go out with me with my friends much anymore?"

You want to short answer or the long one love?

Short: They're fucking stupid

Long: They're extremely fucking stupid

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I live in a small town in NC.

zadlives

Member For 2 Years
I live in a small town in NC.

I grew up in Kinston, which was a truly wonderful place to be a 9 year old on a bicycle, and a pretty terrible place to be The Queer Kid. I hear it's better now, but I haven't been back in a decade or more. Sometimes I get a little homesick, but I don't think I'll ever really live in the South again.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I grew up in Kinston, which was a truly wonderful place to be a 9 year old on a bicycle, and a pretty terrible place to be The Queer Kid. I hear it's better now, but I haven't been back in a decade or more. Sometimes I get a little homesick, but I don't think I'll ever really live in the South again.
My wife has family there. Live about 3 hours west from there. But I'd imagine any small town would be hard to come up gay. Fucking bigots everywhere in the south

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife has family there. Live about 3 hours west from there. But I'd imagine any small town would be hard to come up gay. Fucking bigots everywhere in the south
I have a coworker who moved to SC for a while and couldn't wait to move back up here to NY because of the same issues. Such a shame.

Sent from the Death Star

VU Sponsors