Become a Patron!

Billow RTA by Eciggity and EHPRO ... looks interesting!

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hey guys, idk if I can do this but here is my review of the billow, I am not doing this for exposure or anything like that, I just hope it will answer questions for the community that's looking for some! Vaping Underground if I crossed a line by sharing this i am truly sorry. But I just want to help!
holy shit i thought I was watching Bob Ross.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got my Billow in today sn# 429. Was so impressed with the machining quality of the atomizer, went to go buy another just now, and they are sold out already.

IKR...I thought I would send some off to family and friends but the 28th batch is gone already and now it's out to the 5th with no option to pre-order.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Compared to my Orchid V4

They've drilled the screw holes too deep. cuts the coil legs as @Nailz pointed out. +1 Orchid
My Orchid doesn't leak and neither does the billow. equal
Ability to see how much juice you have in the tank (without buying extra parts for the orchid). +1 Billow
Tank capacity +1 Billow
Air Flow +1 Billow
Glass tank +1 Billow
Bottom fill +1 Billow (better design IMO)

I spent 11 hours in the car yesterday driving, using the Orchid. The larger tank where you can actually see the juice in it, sure would have been nice
orchid_v_billow.jpg

WiSilverVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just got notification, mine is being shipped....I'm glad I hit my order right after black Friday started, it was sold out in less than 10 hours

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do any of you find that you have to jack up the watts more with this RTA when compared to another dual coil tank (like the Fogger)?

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I find that this handles more watts without dry hitting but it is not needed. I am comparing this to the Orchid V2 and V4. I can run this anywhere between 30 and 60 watts with a good vape. My orchid I ran between 30 and 40.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
IDK...Been building mine @ about .3 so anywhere from 48 to 53 watts. It's very good like that for a long time on a mech. I think there was one point where I stuck in a fresh battery and had it hybri'd and was like "Whoa!". But it's so random about tipping juice or whatever is going on, that I don't like to hybrid it much. My latest build, like Trevor's, but maybe even more cotton than his, seems pretty clean.

Perhaps use some warmer, faster ramping coils, Moecat. I have plenty of drippers that I don't even run as low as the Billow but I could tell that it could take it at first glance. I keep mine down to about 2.3 mm ID so they reenforce themselves. Even though they kept the chamber pretty small, it's got a lot of room in there.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WOW!!! got this today and just finish building a dual 28g coil @ .7ohm, no leaks, and the vape is beyond any RTA and some RDA that I own.

Agreed 100%. Going to order a couple more to have a few different flavors going at the same time. I'm finding the billow so far, to be the perfect vape tool while driving.

Have a .3 dual coil build w/japanese cotton. After about 6 tanks full, having to re-wick. Going to try a .7 next.

Last edited:

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I talked to eciggity about the screws cutting the wire on the posts. They said that is a common problem with atomizers. I have many and the billow is the only one that is easier to cut the wire with the screws than a set of wire cutters.

They said "it's easy sand down the edge of the screws to fix the problem"... Asked them, if it's so easy why don't they send me a set of screws that fix the defect. Haven't heard back. Sanding down a hard stainless screw the size of the tip of a pencil, doesn't sound easy to me.

If cutting the wire bothers you, contact them at [email protected]

Last edited:

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tend to think the posts are doing the cutting at least as much as the screws. Common problem when drilled too deeply and very difficult to sand down in there.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've had other attys cut my 28 g, but now I build almost exclusively 24g or lower and no wire gets cut. A couple post holes stripped though.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tend to think the posts are doing the cutting at least as much as the screws. Common problem when drilled too deeply and very difficult to sand down in there.

That is definitely the reason. Since you can't fix the f-up of drilling the posts too deep, they said sand the screws. I'd really like to build this with 28g instead of 26 or 24 to get to 1ohm.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They said "it's easy sand down the edge of the screws to fix the problem"... Asked them, if it's so easy why don't they send me a set of screws that fix the defect. Haven't heard back. Sanding down a hard stainless screw the size of the tip of a pencil, doesn't sound easy to me.

In my experience it is a typical problem. Post screws are sourced by the OEM "off the shelf" and have no custom specification for the smoothness of the ends. The sharp excess is a result of how the threads are rolled on the blanks. That's why for new attys with cross drilled posts I always sand the ends as part of the initial set up. It's a bit annoying but not difficult. You just need to take down the really sharp edges. Holding the screw by the threads with smooth needle nose pliers works fine, though it's a little fiddly.

I made a little aluminum jig that works better. Imagine a tongue depressor with a hole drilled in one end the size of the screw OD. Pop the screw in, put your index finger over the head, and work the underside over a piece of sand paper sitting flat at the edge of a table. Goes quite fast that way and not fiddly because the screw holds its position. Now, come to think of it, an actual tongue depressor would work fine too. :)

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my experience it is a typical problem. Post screws are sourced by the OEM "off the shelf" and have no custom specification for the smoothness of the ends. The sharp excess is a result of how the threads are rolled on the blanks. That's why for new attys with cross drilled posts I always sand the ends as part of the initial set up. It's a bit annoying but not difficult. You just need to take down the really sharp edges. Holding the screw by the threads with smooth needle nose pliers works fine, though it's a little fiddly.

I made a little aluminum jig that works better. Imagine a tongue depressor with a hole drilled in one end the size of the screw OD. Pop the screw in, put your index finger over the head, and work the underside over a piece of sand paper sitting flat at the edge of a table. Goes quite fast that way and not fiddly because the screw holds its position. Now, come to think of it, an actual tongue depressor would work fine too. :)

Thanks for the advise, I'll give it a try. This is such an excellent tank, will spend some time with it getting it right. After cutting the legs of several 28g coils, I did manage to build it with 28g, but didn't trust it since I couldn't cinch down on the screws hardly at all without cutting the legs. Gave up and used 26g. It's sitting at .4 right now, and would like to get it to at least .8

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use a piece of ceramic tile to break sharp edges on a lot of my mod parts. The unglazed part is more aggressive and the glazed portion almost polishes. That way it's a lot more precise and often more satisfying finish than sandpaper.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My 1st build took about 6 coils due to the screws keep cutting the legs off the coils, in the end I just wrapped around the top of the screws and it did work fine that way, since then I have sanded the screws so don't cut the wire, but wrapping around the head is a option ;)

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
orchid v6.jpg
The new Orchid V6 has an improved implementation of a glass tank @ $12. Also another version now has a SS tank @ $17. Thought you might like to know.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10009514/2030700
http://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10009514/2028209

The glass tank version has clearly taken its cue from Billow.

Wow, no kidding. They even enlarged the side airholes, added raised airholes on the deck, and the air adjustment screws on the bottom, just like the billow. 1/3rd the price too. Thanks for posting, I'm going to grab one.

After looking at them carefully, looks like only the glass unit has the raised airholes on the deck, and the threaded chimney. sku 2030700

Last edited:

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Stainless steel Orchid V6 looks like it has plastic tubes for the raised airholes on the deck. sku 2028209. Vape melted plastic, yum !

orchid v6_ss.jpg

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Stainless steel Orchid V6 looks like it has plastic tubes for the raised airholes on the deck. sku 2028209. Vape melted plastic, yum !

View attachment 10821

Schizophrenic version designations galore from FT. :confused: Oh well, look carefully. Both offer real progress and choice. One-piece glass tank, two-piece chimney, one-piece SS tank... That SS tank is going to make for some happy Kayfun users too, as soon as it's offered a la carte. Knowing FT, will be soon. :)

Nephurus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So what good builds have you guys set up on the billow? mech mod preferably .

Nephurus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds good. This will be going on my ember mod asap :), btw guys anyone know of a good cheap supplier of replacement glass tanks for this? went thrue some bad times with a kraken last time and I forgot to order replacements :/

Just got mine yesterday and I've been running a duel coil 5 wrap 22 gauge around a 1/8 drill bit coming out to .22 and it chucks but I've been having issues with leaking out the air holes when i puff on it. But that's an easy fix just don't puff on it. That's the only build so far next is gonna single coil parallel 22 gauge 5 wrap around a 3mm drill bit which is probably my preferred build on my RBA

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So what good builds have you guys set up on the billow? mech mod preferably .
I should imagine that I will build it the same way as my Orchids.... 22g dual micros @ .17ohms

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just received notice that my Orchid V6 (Billow type), has shipped. I'll start a new thread with pictures and thoughts if someone doesn't beat me to it!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got my Billow yesterday. AWESOME RTA.

Though I should have thought ahead and lowered my nic. I tank 20 nic and filled her up with that.

BZZZZZZZ.....

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
holy shit i thought I was watching Bob Ross.
"and right here, lives a happy little coil.And next, we'll put a friendly little piece of cotton in the happy coil."
God I miss watching that dude on Sat. mornings,he could paint his ass off.

Spiralnebel

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
:D absolute gamechanger

kayfun atty deck but with larger airholes, 4 liquid slots, dual coils deck, nice tank capacitiy and a glass tank

i love my billow

i hoped to get this sensational vape from my vapor giants but now way :) this atomizer have a perfect airflow
to take direct lung inhales :D

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got mine for Christmas! Love this thing! 2x 24ga 8 wrap (0.3ohm) I can rock this thing @ 100watts no prob, a bit hot but the wicking keeps up. I like it around 75watts for a longer cooler draw. Couldn't be happier with it! For $20!? (30% off on Black Friday) This thing destroys all other tanks going right now. :)

Favorite build so far is 22g parallel duel could 5 wraps around something like 4mm coming out to .16 ohms with a lot of cotton and I've had less leaking and less splashing into my mouth.

Nephurus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Doing a 24G 7 wrap . Maybe 3 MM wrap x2, so far good flavor and vapor.

Attachments

• mod.jpg
    mod.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 19

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You guys are beasts! I took mine down from .3 to .4. Going to take them down to .5 after their current tanks. Vapor is so rich and thick that anything else, even a dripper, is like a clearomizer.

Augmented Dog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Love my Billow. Got in on the first round. Have never had a problem with the screws cutting the wire.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love my Billow. Got in on the first round. Have never had a problem with the screws cutting the wire.
What gauge wire are you using? I have to sand the screws. Mine cuts 28 gauge like a hot knife through butter

Last edited:

jamieg71

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
24awg .25 @ 60W High VG, #voopvape

VU Sponsors