Become a Patron!

BREAKING NEWS: iPV3 100 watt box interview with Pioneer4You

Would you consider buying an iPV3 100 watt box mod in the near future?

• Total voters
Did anyone catch the post on the "other" forum about the IPV2 battery overheating and recall (through that vendor)?
May have been early prototypes
I bought the ipv1 and I was one of the first pre orders. I ordered it July 3 from eciggity. After all that waiting I received my mod as part of the first batch on July 25. Every thing was good until 5 days later. A plume of smoke came from the battery vent holes. After doing some research I found it had a 1 year warranty. After speaking to the warranty company they said that they new there was some problems with the v1 early serial numbers. I guess the contacts are over heating and causing something on the board to short. So I told him I would ship it to him for repair. He said it will probably take 2 months to get back....sux. But I ended up acquiring a ipv v2 vr special edition carbon fiber and this thing is way better built. The screen fits in the box flush and everything is tighter. So all in all I know they have changed what they needed to. I'm not sure if the special edition is just built better or if it's just they are slowing down and putting things together better. But we always have that 1 year warranty. Which makes it worth it either way.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i am pretty sure the special edition is the same as the normal ipv2 but with the carbon fiber insert/wrap. So far the VaporRange ones are the only blue i have seen in circulation. (There are other special edition ones with various laser etched logos n such)
Colors will eventually hit the streets but by then the ipv3 may already be here.
Word is there will be some special edition ipv3's too.
Here is what i did with mine to make it stand out a bit. (a wrap and paint removal around the edge)
2014-08-13 19.53.58.jpg

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
EBay has shipped my 100w Monster. My poor little 30w Hanna clone is still in the O' Zone. Thank the Grand Wazu my Mechs & Vamo's still work! ( I would be infinitely more dangerous if I had nothing to vape on) :eek:

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wider to accommodate the two 18650's would make sense.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i would like to get more specs first (and try it in hand) but so far i think i like the look.
Prob wont use 100 watts very often but the dual battery is a huge plus.

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i would like to get more specs first (and try it in hand) but so far i think i like the look.
Prob wont use 100 watts very often but the dual battery is a huge plus.

That would be the main reason why I would want to upgrade from the ipv v2 to the v3 is for the better battery life. I can't get a full day out of my vtc5 but 2 of them would for sure get me threw the whole day and having the 100 watts for when I drip would also be very nice.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I get more than a day on my vtc4 and usb charge at night when i'm asleep (so i can avoid a battery swap and those tiny screws)
If you get less than a day of battery on your vtc5 you must really be chuckin' the vapor and chain hitting it. :)

I think the dual battery will be a big draw. Don't know many folks that use that kind of wattage.

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get more than a day on my vtc4 and usb charge at night when i'm asleep (so i can avoid a battery swap and those tiny screws)
If you get less than a day of battery on your vtc5 you must really be chuckin' the vapor and chain hitting it. :)

I think the dual battery will be a big draw. Don't know many folks that use that kind of wattage.

I drive for a living so I am vaping all day on it. At least my vaporshark has pass threw capabilitys I read in the manual for the ipv2 that its not good to use it as a pass threw so I don't.

derichio02

Member For 4 Years
IPV2 only last me about 6-8 hours when i'm off work and vaping all day. Keep in mind I vape .3 ohms at 45-50 watts on a Tobh Atty v2.5.

timinftl

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want an Ipv 3 100W regardless!!!

TrashCat

Member For 4 Years
I voted no...I cant imagine myself ever needing 100 watts with the way I vape....50 watts either for that matter....I ordered a iPV1 35 watt that should be in Thursday's vapemail and it's iffy that I'll ever need that much....lol

For me it's not about the wattage... I've never been above 13... But the dual batteries is a god-send!

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
these guys are flooding the market lol. hope they work on the form factor as well (for the iPV3s :D), i never liked how they were tall and skinny. i want to see something in between the same size as a vaporshark rdna and a hana box come from them after all their kinks are worked out

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn...these ever increasing wattages are getting nuts...I recently got the iPV1 and figured 35 watts will be plenty for me....of course it wasnt long ago I thought 15 watts was more than I'd ever need, so there is that...lol....I suppose by the time I decide I need more, 50 and even 100 watts will be old hat and incredibly cheap to be had...;)

There is now a recall on all IPV3's I was contacted by Liberty flights today both by email and phone stating don't use the device there's a wiring fault and to return the device right away.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is now a recall on all IPV3's I was contacted by Liberty flights today both by email and phone stating don't use the device there's a wiring fault and to return the device right away.

LMAOOO Why doesn't this surprise me..

Strange though how I've now just read that pitty4u is about to release an IPV3 plus with the IPV4 not too far away?????

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
contacted by who? a flight like the airlines?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Strange though how I've now just read that pitty4u is about to release an IPV3 plus with the IPV4 not too far away?????

I think you should make a separate thread with a copy of the email.. it wont get enough attention buried in this one.. people should know about a potential recall ASAP

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm new to this forum though I've lurked for some time I will do so.
OK well someone already had a video on a wire that had a nic in it I already took mine apart and its fine so I do not need to stop using it
it has a warranty anyways and if it came from P4Y then I may pay attention but not to some forum stroker.. that is my new term for morons like yourself that join the same day crying "FIRE FIRE" you really should consider working as a 911 dispatcher..

Your the jerk that every ones talking about you get burnt they cry I'm gonna sue this is a warning from a big company that in 7yrs has not once had to give out a recall in the end it's up to you use it or loose it it's your choice but don't go crying after the accident. Ass hat.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your the jerk that every ones talking about you get burnt they cry I'm gonna sue this is a warning from a big company that in 7yrs has not once had to give out a recall in the end it's up to you use it or loose it it's your choice but don't go crying after the accident. Ass hat.
To be honest with you cause I no you are just trying to get a rise.. I could give a fuck what some company says across the pond.. Its not on their forums
no warning on their site etc... and even if they did release a warming that would be one item in X sold so it would be somewhere as a spec on a statistical graph...If you are so worried where are you on here and not packaging it up and getting on your "Bad motor Scooter" -- Monstrose and taking it back,,?? hmm

Grow up kid put your brain in gear I may be as you say across the pond but the device sold nearly world wide so think about it as it's just in the last few hours been recalled it takes time for warnings to go out ppl are sleeping in different time zones too but you being so powerful with a head full of brain cells that to me really don't seem to be doing much thought well perhaps I (MrScaryZ) will just run my mouth off because this is a new member to the forum I'll make them welcome by berating them because it's a noob member.

Well ty for introducing yourself to me you little grub I know in the feature to ignore any thing you have to say you worthless gob sh!te.

Btw any person who has the misfortune to get injured using this device I hope your paying attention to this idiot and you blame MrScaryZ for your injuries as he said it was fine to carry on using the device and not to listen to some one over the pond.

If this is the calibre of the forum members here then I can see it's not the forum I wish to bother with there are plenty of other forums that cater for vapours that don't have idiots that put down ppl trying to spread good info.

My bad I know that the vast majority of this forum members are great upstanding individuals but when a forum has an idiot like this who is so outspoken in this way in total disregard for safety and you do nothing about them well I think you should.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If this is the calibre of the forum members here then I can see it's not the forum I wish to bother with there are plenty of other forums that cater for vapours that don't have idiots that put down ppl trying to spread good info.

My bad I know that the vast majority of this forum members are great upstanding individuals but when a forum has an idiot like this who is so outspoken in this way in total disregard for safety and you do nothing about them well I think you should.
Understand you have not backed anything you have said up
Number two we have a huge amount of ECF people and others that like to come over here and run their mouth
Stop calling me a Kid I am not my brain cells are working fine.
IF you are correct and their is a recall I have yet to see it doing my research..
Since you are a new member you do not know anything about me or this forum..
OK now show me a recall!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Grow up kid put your brain in gear I may be as you say across the pond but the device sold nearly world wide so think about it as it's just in the last few hours been recalled it takes time for warnings to go out ppl are sleeping in different time zones too but you being so powerful with a head full of brain cells that to me really don't seem to be doing much thought well perhaps I (MrScaryZ) will just run my mouth off because this is a new member to the forum I'll make them welcome by berating them because it's a noob member.

Well ty for introducing yourself to me you little grub I know in the feature to ignore any thing you have to say you worthless gob sh!te.

Btw any person who has the misfortune to get injured using this device I hope your paying attention to this idiot and you blame MrScaryZ for your injuries as he said it was fine to carry on using the device and not to listen to some one over the pond.
Are you so dumb to think I am accountable for P4y and their product? are you mad? or just a bit behind the curve?

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This isn't the only forum that the recall has showed up on. This is why I make my own box mods.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This isn't the only forum that the recall has showed up on. This is why I make my own box mods.
Whatever until I see it officially announced I take it as a grain of salt..
Yeah I see it on UK sites

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
I see no mention anywhere of a recall except the notice posted by Csayce on here and on planetofthevapes forums, again posted by Csayce. A quick look at Liberty Flights website reveals no information and no listing of having ever sold the IPV3. There's no mention of it from Pioneer4You on their sites or facebook either.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I see no mention anywhere of a recall except the notice posted by Csayce on here and on planetofthevapes forums, again posted by Csayce. A quick look at Liberty Flights website reveals no information and no listing of having ever sold the IPV3. There's no mention of it from Pioneer4You on their sites or facebook either.
I just talked to several vape shops they have heard no word... and again I took mine apart no wiring issues I have been vaping all day hard at .2 ohms nothing melting hahaha or anything

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you read the posts over at planet of the vapes? It looks legit. I wouldn't be surprised if it is true. The way these Chinese manufactures are pumping out the products, Quality is sure to suffer. The new Sigelei has issues with the 100 watt mod too.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you read the posts over at planet of the vapes? It looks legit. I wouldn't be surprised if it is true. The way these Chinese manufactures are pumping out the products, Quality is sure to suffer. The new Sigelei has issues with the 100 watt mod too.
Dude it was the same guy that posted on here what do you no understand?

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
Oh and that reddit link has absolutely no mention of a recall in it anywhere. That's just Budkiss' old post. Both my IPV3 and my Sigelei are working just fine.

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
I read through the entirety or the planet of the vapes thread. Nothing there at all that "legitimizes" anything.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh and that reddit link has absolutely no mention of a recall in it anywhere. That's just Budkiss' old post. Both my IPV3 and my Sigelei are working just fine.
Yeah mine too I am betting its a competitor trying to get some crazy panic going or someone so Crazy that not even a Slingblading could stop them hehe

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes it was the same guy saying the same thing and and a old post by Budkiss.
I still see no recall. I took mine apart to check it its fine not a thing wrong..
As I said I want to see an official release

Just to clarify on my OLD reddit post. P4Y sent me a PRErelease version (test). It malfunctioned. They have since sent a replacement and it is fine and works like a charm. I know several folks at P4Y and have heard nothing about a recall. I WILL however check thoroughly.

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
While I am sure yall are enjoying "stroker" ing each other around, did you consider it might be a recall specificially from "Liberty Flights" and not from P4U ???

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
While I am sure yall are enjoying "stroker" ing each other around, did you consider it might be a recall specificially from "Liberty Flights" and not from P4U ???
Well asshole since you decided to jump in we nominate you to call LIberty Flights as I said before if it is one X in Z of units that they had issues about does not make it across the board issue and my unit is unaffected.. So why dont you stroke that phone and make the call.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Always loved the comradery and general good will displayed toward others on the forum , although it appears to be on a lunch break at the moment.

Carry on gentlemen

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's always wise to really think hard about the consequences before deciding to spread an untruth around if it indeed turns out to be bogus .

I hope whoever spreads it knows full well that regardless of the real reasons of (why) you did it , if it does not turn out to be accurate, you pretty much just completely wiped out your credibility on anything you comment on in the future so this is not a game.

Now if you said i heard a rumor that there was a recall but until it's investigated further and verified i would not give it much cred that gives you a big safety cushion . Making it sound like it applies everywhere will get you in over your head real quick as you found out .

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors