Become a Patron!

Calling all TC experts

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I just started TC this week using my IPV D2

But I am a bit frustrated an confused., Some of that confusion and frustration may be that I am also learning to build coils

I have only a kanger subtank mini and its RBA deck along with the occ coils and the ni200 coils, plus the spider silk I am using to make Ti coils

I know there is no SET temperature for a vape. Its personal preference.

So here is what happens for me

The Ni200 coils seem fine, but have a slightly off taste at first regardless of what flavor I use? IS THIS NORMAL
Ti coils taste like crap if the first thing I use on it is my DIY Peach mango, there is this funny almost burnt taste but the wick is not burnt
But If I vape a tank of HIC's 3 milky Musketeers first it tastes okish, i feel like i am missing some nuances in the flavor but just barely, then if I switch to my DIY Peach mango, the peach mango tastes just like it doe son a stock OCC tank without TC

Does anyone else get funny tastes on their TI builds at first or the Ni200 coils on a kanger subtank?

I read alot of posts here with people vaping temps between 400-500F

If I go above 350 both flavors I mentioned taste like GARBAGE, its way too hot and pretty much burnt tasting to me. IS THAT NORMAL? Is it just the flavors I am using and other types of flavors taste good at higher temps. I am finding I like these flavors at 300ish degrees, and even lower. And this goes for both Ni200 and Ti.

When I get a Ti coil wicked and working right on the subtank RBA deck I find I can vape the tank bone dry without ever getting a burnt hit

But on the stock Ni200 coil I get it almost bone dry, emptier then you can get a stock occ coil without TC, then it starts to taste burnt before TC kicks in and says no juice. Could this just be wicking issues with the stock coil?

Like I said this is my first attempt with TC only been at it like 3 days and only been trying to build coils for a week, So any advice is welcomed.

Oh and if it matters my Ti builds are coming in around .22 26 gauge 2.5m diameter 5 or so wraps.

I tried some 3mm diameters an extra wrap one fewer wrap and everything is the same regarding the off tatses and temperature settings

Last edited:

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tossed my NI coil for this reason. Thought it was me, but I guess not. I rebuild the coils with TI wire with much better results...

DAA499C7-2D21-4A74-B8B2-ADD853B73A0A-27575-0000065FB91A9968_zpsmbz9s5be.jpg

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For all these reasons..i just cant find a middle ground.

The Ni200 coils seem fine, but have a slightly off taste at first regardless of what flavor I use? IS THIS NORMAL
Ti coils taste like crap if the first thing I use on it is my DIY Peach mango, there is this funny almost burnt taste but the wick is not burnt
But If I vape a tank of HIC's 3 milky Musketeers first it tastes okish, i feel like i am missing some nuances in the flavor but just barely,
the peach mango tastes just like it doe son a stock OCC tank without TC

IIf I go above 350 both flavors I mentioned taste like GARBAGE, its way too hot and pretty much burnt tasting to me.

I am finding I like these flavors at 300ish degrees, and even lower. And this goes for both Ni200 and Ti.

But on the stock Ni200 coil I get it almost bone dry, emptier then you can get a stock occ coil without TC, then it starts to taste burnt before TC kicks in and says no juice. Could this just be wicking issues with the stock coil?
-----------------------------------------------------
my first attempt with TC only been at it like 3 days and only been trying to build coils for a week, So any advice is welcomed.
Your issue is with the coil diameter and possibly with the cotton. I switched to rayon for tc and have not or will not look back...consider this too, dont be afraid of it, its an amazing material...

D1D1A696-6D65-4316-A87D-4B98DC3D8F5E-22256-00000604795A96C2_zpsdirpsafd.jpg

Evic/Subtank combo I love, but only with TI

2E0ACAA7-406B-41E9-B84D-2AD305EC56DF-9317-000004202178F638_zpsuyin620p.jpg

I even drip with Ti...yowza...

DSC08420_zps3ns6cqof.jpg

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I prefer the VT air coils for this, but it was also all i had...

A5A011C8-EAA8-4A96-A149-9AF5F687413C-27575-00000659C3096ED1_zps3zqr8tps.jpg

I got this kit 3 weeks before the actual public release..so rebuilding options were limited but still managed to modify one of the stock coils by switching to jap cotton my wire and drilling the sides out...HUGE difference...would rather have been able to go back and use rayon instead of cotton..i dont think it has much place in TC...but then again what do i know...

4CD7B073-0477-484A-ACDD-BF29783EE98E-10340-000003F45BFDEA6C_zpsmhsmkjxf.jpg

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nickle runs hotter than Titanium, so if you are using a mod that doesn't have a Ti setting it is normal for you to vape the Ni about 90 degrees lower than you vape the Ni.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Nickle runs hotter than Titanium, so if you are using a mod that doesn't have a Ti setting it is normal for you to vape the Ni about 90 degrees lower than you vape the Ni.
No I have both Ti and Ni200 modes I do switch them and I do lock resistance in., Both NI and Ti taste horrible above 375F

@kwtony what difference do you notice between rayon and jap cotton

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I use my STMs with TI on a non-TI box mod (on the nickel setting) I can't go higher than about 325 and 20 watts. I also use rayon , but I do find I start around 310 and have to vape a bit to break in the coil/wick.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No I have both Ti and Ni200 modes I do switch them and I do lock resistance in., Both NI and Ti taste horrible above 375F

@kwtony what difference do you notice between rayon and jap cotton

Imagine cotton to be a juice holder and rayon to be a juice carrier....one holds juice while the other bring more juice to the coil then ever imagined. Get some on amazon for 6 -8 bucks....use your cotton to wipe up all your tears or clean up juice spills like i do...I made a special box for it too...

72DF5F01-854B-4CC2-A02F-D66A76E9824D-7011-000002B62309F03B_zpsiyn8qtgy.jpg

Stock coils were never my preference, but thats because the juice holes are too small...once i modified them (using all stock internals) they difference was night and day...

Last edited:

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd assumed that because I was a first time builder, that I must have done something wrong when I built my first ni200 coil and it tasted horrible... apparently it wasn't just me... lol!

@kwtony - where do you get the rayon? I'd like to give it a try but haven't been able to find it... (Edit: You posted your last post while I typed this out lol.. I'll look on amazon lol)

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, I get 95% out in the first post, the sometimes edit to make sure Im not talking in circles.

Its all a learning process, anyone that says the 'know it all' needs to step back and try again. I was hoping youd change the title of your thread (joking) as i am far from an expert in the matter. Someone might be tho .. I was at the exact same spot you were...Now you know, and you can perhaps help the next person. I love this place!!

There is a lot of hate on this box, mostly because people dont understand it or because or operator error, and there are def the fare share of actual issues, but most people just give up and go else where. I stuck it out and LOVE this thing..I take it nearly everywhere...same with my @Hermetic Steam juice ;)

5E63C823-6EA7-4EC3-8CF8-970F871ADC14-3491-00000210402B47BF_zpsvlzvacno.jpg

Last edited:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@kwtony I was actually planning to buy the evic vt because of you. Was just waiting for my isticks to die to justify getting a new mod. But then the IPV D2 came out just as I needed to order a mod and I felt the size and my frustration with built in batteries justified a mod that I can replace the battery .

Ill look into some rayon.

I must say after my peach mango giving me issues on TC i was afraid to try some of my other flavors on TC, but gave in tonite
went through a tank of my apple pear mix and ts the best tasting apple ever. On now to my whiskey/black licorice and it taste exactly like occ coils without TC so I am happy. Now I just have to remember to look at the coil I have and remember how to build it again cuz it is awesome so far.

And tony I know no noone is a true expert at TC yet. But sometimes you need a good title to get people to read and reply to your thread.

I am curious what types of flavors people vape at 400 degrees and higher, to compare if they are similar to my flavors or totally different. Because I still feel like Im doing something wrong when it comes to building coils and using TC

Now while typing this I remembered my temp was still at 310 from the apple pear and hadnt tried a higher temp on the whiskey black licorice. I took it to 390. Its hot now and the whiskey is EXTREMELY muted and the licorice is fairly muted. This is whats really driving me nuts. I read so many damn post before I got a TC device that people vape above 400 and Im just not seeing how, when any of my juices get that hot the flavor is muted and its very hot and taste like its burnt even though its not actually burnt in any way. Tastes more like an actual cigarette when I take it over 400. I think AmandaD has mentioned that when she vapes things around 300 or lower it doesnt even work for her.

SO does the fact I vape MAX VG make a difference on the temp? Is it different flavors react differently to temp or even different brands of flavor (FA vs TFA for example) Can the different ratios of VG/PG actually effect the resistance of the coil actually altering the reading the board makes during TC and if so could that have different effects on Ni200 vs Ti?

@dre Im hoping you get a chance to give some of your advice hear as well, since you have used pretty much every TC device out there and done alot with TC like kwtony.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think once you make a coil that can properly flow the juice thats needed for a real it, you will realize that the difference between VT and VV is very noticeable, but subtle too. If that makes any sense. Its not night and day, but you will taste new flavors and hints of flavors that you might not have done with your last rig. BUT this is only if everything is working properly, I dont think stock is setup properly, but then again NOTHING stock is proper in my eyes. Impinge a dragster vs a honda civic...one just needs a little more attention

But even for general use. It needs some help. Being ANOTHER chinese company that pushed a (almost) beta product out only hurt them that much more. BUT they are selling quick either way...soo...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once you get a good coil made, you can really crank it up. I can successfully got up to 500 on my rig and not burn...its a warm hit. but boy is it a good feeling knowing that i eventually got there...I can vape like a raped ape and it still wont burn...I only pulse my coil for 3-4 seconds max but inhale fresh air between pulses...the VT mode technically should stop this from happening by dropping voltage, but its just how I vape...and the clouds I can make are just silly. As big or as small as I want them to...so i can blow an obnoxious (but flavor packed) cloud, or take a normal hit ....again personal preference and personal style here.

My general suggestion. Would be to wrap a wide coil with less wraps and use rayon..wires spaced and not touching Consider something like the coil pic I posted earlier and this. Truth be told, my tools were in the car and I was lazy, so i cut a random broken laptop cord in my box and wrapped the wire around that. It seemed big enough but not too big to cause clearance issues. BINGO!!

99747B23-3AEE-4488-98A3-775FD881FE13-22256-00000605364B36B7_zpsedxbar8x.jpg

When testing the coil you need to pulse it, BUT make sure you only pulse it for .5 second MAX, you barely want to see a color change in the wire (do this in VV mode at 22) just to ensure is not shorting and that it barely glows from the inside out...remember SHORT pulses...

At the end of the day, its just a wire we are heating up. Keeping that wire wet and finding how hot that wire should burn is the tricky part....Consider taking one of your use janky NI coils apart and seeing how easy and simple they really are, then drill out the holes on the side and re-assemble. Using a drill bit any larger then whats already there will be a benefit, but you will see that you cant go too big...if you break a coil...ohh well they are just a few bucks anyways. What you might learn from that one broken coil, may be eventually be invaluable. Or at least the trick to get you vaping again...

I carry 2 on me most of the time while my bike or tool bag will hold number 3... The VT lasts all day BTW unless you mimic a choo choo train for 12 hours and dont plug it in, but you might wanna see a doc about all that nic consumption, I keep 2 sets of 18650 on charge at home for each subox and well...nothing for the evic :)

35F63DE2-7503-447C-8F51-932B6121B209-5536-0000027F403AF5A0_zpsbmxwysml.jpg

I have extra Spider Silk wire and can mail you out a foot if you need it. I personally love it...many people are scared of it because of sketchy reviews(mostly the reviewers) or the cost...but...it works...period...and im happy

16890C39-20E7-49E7-AB8F-4557B3F0EBD7-3561-000001A90996CFA0_zpsctqpid5c.jpg

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@kwtony
Thank you for the offer of the spider silk. I still have at least 13ft left in my spool.
I will try a wider less wrapped coil next. I did try one that was 3mm vs my normal 2.5mm and did not notice a difference but that coil pisse dme off and it went in the trash after a few minutes of use. I forget my reasoning if I even had one.

A link to the rayon you bought would be most helpful though

Also what is the average OHMs you Ti coils turn out to be?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@kwtony
Thank you for the offer of the spider silk. I still have at least 13ft left in my spool.
I will try a wider less wrapped coil next. I did try one that was 3mm vs my normal 2.5mm and did not notice a difference but that coil pisse dme off and it went in the trash after a few minutes of use. I forget my reasoning if I even had one.

A link to the rayon you bought would be most helpful though

Also what is the average OHMs you Ti coils turn out to be?
I got my rayon from eBay, but a local beauty supply house will have it a lot cheaper. Just make sure it's 100% rayon. He's surely right though, you won't believe the difference in flavor once you try it.
BTW, really appreciate this thread, you're going through a lot of the same issues I have been with TC and I'm learning from this too... :)

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha Sheesh 500 feet of rayon? Im not sure any one human needs that much. But when the zombie apocalypse happens, you will be revered as a god :) Keep the solar chargers ready and the nic stored safe :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha Sheesh 500 feet of rayon? Im not sure any one human needs that much. But when the zombie apocalypse happens, you will be revered as a god :) Keep the solar chargers ready and the nic stored safe :)
Oh, I didn't buy that much.....haha!! Stock photo to let him know what to look for..;)
Not a bad idea though, a box like that is around $12-$15, you could sell it off 20ft at a time cheap and recoup the cost and still be a vape god in the vapepocalypse. LOL!

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^ i was going to edit my post and say you would be best just selling it off, but ya beat me too it. I have enough businesses already, but someone should hop on that one.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If your using spider wire there is black coating that needs to be clean off with rubbing alcohol. That's why the taste is off. I find titanium builds last forever. The metal isn't like nickel its almost nonstick. Cleaning the coils is as easy as just using a toothbrush and gently running it under the faucet and brusing the coils.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
My spider silk is super shiny and no black coating. but maybe theres something else on it I cant see . I will try the rubbing alcohol on the next build

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never had a visible black residue myself, I do still brush it wish a clean soft bristle tooth bush on the outside and a pipe cleaner on the inside. :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your using spider wire there is black coating that needs to be clean off with rubbing alcohol. That's why the taste is off. I find titanium builds last forever. The metal isn't like nickel its almost nonstick. Cleaning the coils is as easy as just using a toothbrush and gently running it under the faucet and brusing the coils.

I just pulled up the titanium wire on Amazon to check it out and couldn't help catching this in the Q&A section - " it's not necessarily the best to use for vaping because it oxidises after it heats leaving this odd white crust."..... Have you had that happen, @dre ?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always use contact coils if you very lightly pulse the coils to get hot spots out the coil should be a deep blue purple or yellowish. Any white flaking parts and you overheated the wire.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@dre Are you saying that once you overheat the titanium, which is evident by the white flakey stuff thta
1. the coil is useless now?
or
2. You just need to clean the coil before using it?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You might be able to clean it off by brushing it off. But next time try to avoid over pulsing the coil

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
is there any relationship to ohm of the coil and how high in temperature you can go.
SO for example a.9 ohm coil might taste great at 450 F but the same juice on a .2 ohm coil will taste hot burnt and nasty at 450 F

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nope but going over .4 might throw the temp off. The wire resistance can't exceed 1.00 ohm

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Alright
here is the issue I keep getting
I had a Ti coil run for 2 days no issues. I for some dumb ass reason remove dit and built a coil with a wider diameter as suggested.And it worked great for like 30 mins of heavy vaping. I even got the flavor I was on (apricot brandy DIY) up to 400 F and it was awesome there. I went to bed, woke up. there was still like 1 ml of juice in the subtank, and all the thing does now is tell me no liquid.The wick is soaked. SO why the hell does it think there is no liquid? There must be something I am doing with my builds that makes this happen. I feel i wick the same every time, but i build 1 coil that works great and can vape it bone dry, then the next just says no liquid after a short time of use. ANYONE got a clue as to what to try and adjust. And yes Ive raised the temp, and that solves the problem for a hit or 2.

update: just built another coil with Ti similar to the one that did dry liquid, same build 3mm 4 wraps coming in around .27 ohms. And same thing was fine for about 30-45 minutes then NO Liquid with a full tank and a soaking wet wick.

This is extremely frustrating, I dont mind messing up but I have no clue what to do differently to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I am having much better luck with 2.5mm 5 wrap coils using Ti.

Last edited:

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you stuff more cotton in a larger hole, that cotton expands even more then normally thought. On TI you really should use rayon, but IF you must use cotton, less is more....trust me on this...

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well i order rayon form ebay seemed cheaper and faster the amazon for a trial run.

I think I figured out my issue with getting NO LIQUID. I apparently do not understand how to tighten the screw down all the way on the subtanks RBA deck. SO I was having connection issues.

After 4 tries this morning I finally figured out the screw was still an eigth of a turn loose. Been using this Ti coil all day with no issues

I still cant stand the temp over 400F but oh well.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
U dont bake anything over 350-400 anyhow, so you shouldn't bring your delicious vapes to that either :)

Thanks for checking back in on this !

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
U dont bake anything over 350-400 anyhow, so you shouldn't bring your delicious vapes to that either :)

Thanks for checking back in on this !
you make a good point, I guess i have it stuck in my head that I read lots of people using 450 and higher on their devices and loving it. Maybe I am remembering wrong. Maybe its certain flavors taste good that high. Who knows. I do know I can set the temp low enough to mimic the taste of the tank on a OCC coil and be happy, then turn it up about 30 degrees and make it a little warmer and like that as well, then if im not in the mood for that turn it back down. SO I am happy.

I may try to make a vertical Ti Coil and see how that goes. I made one attempt with not so much luck. Getting the leads correct is a pain in the ass.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made a dual vertical in the Kanger RBA+ deck. I never fired or wicked it. its laying somewhere around here tho...kind of silly, wanted to use a better deck

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well as luck woulkd have it
i went to fill the tank and the entire chimney came off. SO i got it back on and then NO LIQUID. I just rewicked it this time. Seems to be working. But the old wick was brown where ever it touched the coil. SO I am wondering if this is some sort of wicking issue as well.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
dont overthink it, its just discoloration.

Just make sure that rayon stays wet...ALWAYS...thats why its perfect for TC because it can sense the dry coil, and is much better and moving liquid.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ok now someone explain this please

So as I said a post or 2 ago. everything was fine on a Ti coil. Went to refill and messed up and the chimney came off . I put it back on, and got No liquid. Rewicked and fine again. Went through a tank and still fine. refill again. no issues refilling. Went through about 1/4 a tank and NO LIQUID. rewicked. NO LIQUID. Squeezed the coil about 5 times with pliers, and it seems to be fine again.

I am clueless at this point wtf I am doing wrong.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
NOW wim just getting ready to chuck this whole thing in the trash.

So got another 1/2 tank vaped with no issues the NO LIQUID. SO squeezed the coils some more, that didnt work. put a razor blade between each wrap and seperated them real good. ANd now its working again

WTF is going on

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
so i built a brand new coil

ANd NO liquid from the get go and nothing is fixing it. Im cursed

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
And now stock kanger ni200 coils dont work either
is my device broke possibly

this is the only TC device I have so I cant test it on something else. BUt this is ridiclous

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Calm down a take a deep breath, put the device down and go at it tomorrow with a clear head. :)

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Alright
here is the issue I keep getting
I had a Ti coil run for 2 days no issues. I for some dumb ass reason remove dit and built a coil with a wider diameter as suggested.And it worked great for like 30 mins of heavy vaping. I even got the flavor I was on (apricot brandy DIY) up to 400 F and it was awesome there. I went to bed, woke up. there was still like 1 ml of juice in the subtank, and all the thing does now is tell me no liquid.The wick is soaked. SO why the hell does it think there is no liquid? There must be something I am doing with my builds that makes this happen. I feel i wick the same every time, but i build 1 coil that works great and can vape it bone dry, then the next just says no liquid after a short time of use. ANYONE got a clue as to what to try and adjust. And yes Ive raised the temp, and that solves the problem for a hit or 2.

update: just built another coil with Ti similar to the one that did dry liquid, same build 3mm 4 wraps coming in around .27 ohms. And same thing was fine for about 30-45 minutes then NO Liquid with a full tank and a soaking wet wick.

This is extremely frustrating, I dont mind messing up but I have no clue what to do differently to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I am having much better luck with 2.5mm 5 wrap coils using Ti.
Have you been setting the cold resistance by pressing + - buttons together?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Have you been setting the cold resistance by pressing + - buttons together?

YES.

TBH one of several thinsg is happening
1. my D2 us messed up. Possible but I think is unlikely since noone else who has bought one is having an issue. unfortunately I do not have another TC device to test my theory

2. the subtank minis I have are messed up, very possible I screw with the frequently and drop them. SO there may be an issue with them allowing the D2 to read resistance right

3. My wicking sucks...DOnt think thats the issue since even when it says no liquid the entire wick is soaked.

4. my coil building suck. MOst likely the issue but I am not sure

Let me tell you what I did to day.

I decided to see how well a prebuilt kanger Ni200 coil will run and for how long it will run.

So I put a brand new one on. it should read it at .15. well the D2 read it at .25 when I pressed teh + and - button.
The subtank the coil and the D2 had all been sitting over night so were room temp.

I unscrewed the tank and stuck it on an istick30
it said it was .2 ohms ok that sound right for a .15 coil on an istick.
put the tank back on the D2 and now it read it at .161
SO I locked that in and its been fine all morning.
I am at 19J and 355F and all seems well

I am starting to think there is an issue with the connections, either the D2's 510, both my subtanks bases center pins, because one base seems to work better then the other base, or at the screws on the rba deck where I screw down the coil leads. Or a combination of them all.

I am going to experiment some more. If I get a coil that says no Liquid today and its not dry, I am going to set the whole thing aside until tomorrow and take that coil to my local shop and ask them to put it on a different TC device and see what it says. Then I can eliminate my D2 as the issue

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The stock subtank coils have a crappy way of securing the coil leads. They range from .13-.16 usually once settled ita should be around .14 on average. Your first high reading was due to the positive pin not fully seated yet

Also do be afraid to turn your temp up I run mine between 470-550 and you won't get a dry hit. The cotton is never fully dry.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@dre

anything above 400 f tastes like hot crap in my mouth and someone burnt tasting. I know nothing is burning but it tastes horrible and almost burns my mouth above 400

I just tried playing with joules and temp
set it to 525 and kept raising joules
at low joules say 19 it tasted fine
but after 40 joules it tasted horrible

then i blew the brand new stock ni200 coil

All it says now is low res on that coil.

SO Im starting to think there is a connection issue somewhere

I swithced it to power mode and threw a standard vertical occ coil on and it fired fine

put a different ni 200 coil on and back to TC mode and its working now. But the coil I started on today is not working at all

Last edited:

VU Sponsors