Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Simple is good. Three cubes, splash of Perrier, and we're good here.
That's a man-sized rocks glass. Heavy as fuck American Libby-made glass. :)

wSMJYb1.jpg

Sinatra drank Bourbon, but I'm sure he'd approve.
:vino: :cloud: :vino: :cloud: :cloud: :drunk:

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
PS: I don't mean to be spamming here, but if nobody else posts...well...ain't my fault. ;)
I got nowhere else to be.
Yeah going a little quiet just recently isnt it. Been noticing that.
Is Corona slowing its spread down there in the States now? Im not hearing much on it now on our news, or here just lately either. Though on late night radio I heard its still going very bad in some countries with thousands of cases a day.
WHO has done an about face on face mask advice. All through the worst, though worst for many isnt over, they were saying that wearing one doesnt really do a lot to help. So on that advice our Prime Minister and others told us not to bother wearing one as the WHO and those who know best say not to, its a waste of time. We wear them and get looked at like idiots and my wife has even been laughed at an sworn at being told "they do nothing, your wasting your time" parroting what the media said.
Now they tell us "Wearing masks in public is the best thing you can do according to the evidence we have and best advice we can give". Oh really!?
Thanks WHO.......idiots....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah going a little quiet just recently isnt it. Been noticing that.
Is Corona slowing its spread down there in the States now? Im not hearing much on it now on our news, or here just lately either. Though on late night radio I heard its still going very bad in some countries with thousands of cases a day.
WHO has done an about face on face mask advice. All through the worst, though worst for many isnt over, they were saying that wearing one doesnt really do a lot to help. So on that advice our Prime Minister and others told us not to bother wearing one as the WHO and those who know best say not to, its a waste of time. We wear them and get looked at like idiots and my wife has even been laughed at an sworn at being told "they do nothing, your wasting your time" parroting what the media said.
Now they tell us "Wearing masks in public is the best thing you can do according to the evidence we have and best advice we can give". Oh really!?
Thanks WHO.......idiots....
Still around 1,000 deaths a day in the US from Corona virus and cases are still climbing overall.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
https://earthquaketrack.com/p/united-states/idaho/recent

Idaho, United States has had: (M1.5 or greater)
  • 9 earthquakes in the past 24 hours
  • 91 earthquakes in the past 7 days
  • 361 earthquakes in the past 30 days
  • 1,423 earthquakes in the past 365 days

MUCH activity in the last few months. On an ancient fault line that hasn't blown up properly in about 90 years. Cascadia....if it goes..Yosemite caldera may well too..then we're all dead.

I lived through St. Helens....but if Cascadia/Yosemite/Rainier go 7-9+...Earth will kill us off..again.
It really is just that simple.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Still around 1,000 deaths a day in the US from Corona virus and cases are still climbing overall.
That's terrible. That's the equivalent of our entire town and those living in our surrounding outskirts dying each week. Our lockdown has been greatly eased to the point it looks like there are no restrictions bar the footprint stand here markers in the supermarkets and the occasional protective screen in shops. Otherwise people are acting like normal again. Cases though are still be recorded on a daily basis. Maybe here we are in a bit of "lets see what happens with easing" mode. Media wise they are like school kids with limited attention spans. As soon as something else pops up theyre off and quickly change focus virtually ignoring the last thing that we all had to be drowned in overload info on. No in between. In between would be good, though sometimes I think with many of them they have nothing in between! ;)

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
https://earthquaketrack.com/p/united-states/idaho/recent

MUCH activity in the last few months. On an ancient fault line that hasn't blown up properly in about 90 years. Cascadia....if it goes..Yosemite caldera may well too..then we're all dead.

I lived through St. Helens....but if Cascadia/Yosemite/Rainier go 7-9+...Earth will kill us off..again.
It really is just that simple.
I was listening to a show last week that said in the last several decades the recorded incidence and intensity of quakes had increased greatly.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was listening to a show last week that said in the last several decades the recorded incidence and intensity of quakes had increased greatly.

Gaia goes on, we do not have to. :)
Sentient or not, we are on a planetary organic engine 4+ billion years old and unique to this galaxy as far as we know. If ya think it's immortal..look at Mars. It's core stopped and the planet froze.

Why I'm happy the SpaceX projects are being successful. I might just make it off this world yet. I volunteered with like a million others to go 1-way to Mars to colonize, but didn't make the cut.

Irony...I know the one of the guys who pioneered the Mars program. I played an online game with him that he built originally as a physics demo. That man could shoot an impossible trajectory shot around 3 planets, bank a rail, and p0wn u.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Sentient or not, we are on a planetary organic engine 4+ billion years old and unique to this galaxy as far as we know. If ya think it's immortal..look at Mars. It's core stopped and the planet froze.

Why I'm happy the SpaceX projects are being successful. I might just make it off this world yet. I volunteered with like a million others to go 1-way to Mars to colonize, but didn't make the cut.

Irony...I know the one of the guys who pioneered the Mars program. I played an online game with him that he built originally as a physics demo. That man could shoot an impossible trajectory shot around 3 planets, bank a rail, and p0wn u.
Im Christian. But agree on the fact its all running down, wearing out and aint gonna last forever.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Ironically George Carlin said pretty much the same thing. But I’m into Earth based spirituality, so it’s what I believe. Although I’d rather see Mankind evolve instead of being destroyed or keep on destroying Gaia.

giphy.gif

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey I missed yesterday:facepalm:, been a busy couple days. Had a good day today, had company (family) had a sorta pic-nic in the yard. Had a good time. And seen my potatoes are blooming:D. Wife and I are doin well. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ironically George Carlin said pretty much the same thing. But I’m into Earth based spirituality, so it’s what I believe. Although I’d rather see Mankind evolve instead of being destroyed or keep on destroying Gaia.

giphy.gif
This kinda says it all no matter what one believes doesn't it.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The ironic thing is my older sister had an autoharp with old songs in the case, and this was one of them. So when I was a kid, I used to play this and sing along when I was home alone after school. Thanks, it brought back memories!
Cool. I have it on my playlist in the car and probably hear it once a week. Never get tired of hearing it. :) Classic.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Cool. I have it on my playlist in the car and probably hear it once a week. Never get tired of hearing it. :) Classic.

Imagine me with long blond braids trying to play and sing. :giggle: I’d never heard of a lot of the songs so it was fun. There was even Swing Low Sweet Chariot, and I gave that one a go too!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's terrible. That's the equivalent of our entire town and those living in our surrounding outskirts dying each week. Our lockdown has been greatly eased to the point it looks like there are no restrictions bar the footprint stand here markers in the supermarkets and the occasional protective screen in shops. Otherwise people are acting like normal again. Cases though are still be recorded on a daily basis. Maybe here we are in a bit of "lets see what happens with easing" mode. Media wise they are like school kids with limited attention spans. As soon as something else pops up theyre off and quickly change focus virtually ignoring the last thing that we all had to be drowned in overload info on. No in between. In between would be good, though sometimes I think with many of them they have nothing in between! ;)
Our president was Pissy with my state governor that he wouldn't approve the democratic national convention here in North Carolina with no restrictions so he moved it to another state. Sure let's bring thousands of people to a convention center with no restrictions or masks so we can all spread it everywhere. Fucking retard he is. And I'm not getting political just stating what's going on this way. Protests turning to riots, people getting fired for freedom of speech even though the words aren't lies. Crazy times in America.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Our president was Pissy with my state governor that he wouldn't approve the democratic national convention here in North Carolina with no restrictions so he moved it to another state. Sure let's bring thousands of people to a convention center with no restrictions or masks so we can all spread it everywhere. Fucking retard he is. And I'm not getting political just stating what's going on this way. Protests turning to riots, people getting fired for freedom of speech even though the words aren't lies. Crazy times in America.

I feel sorry for all of you there in the thick of it. I cant really imagine what it would be like. Over the past several and more years I've seen the huge natural disasters that have hit the States, storms, floods, the big hits the financial crises have had, then Corona which has been like "whooaah" unimaginable loss of lives with overwhelmed hospitals and everything. Now to see people destroying what little others have left after all that, which has been hit after hit after hit, is hard to fathom and such the polar opposite of what people should be doing to each other. Sad to see.
Take care there mate.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Maybe he ought to have it at Mar a Lago, if he thinks it's no big deal.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning!

Jessie had us laughing so hard last night. She found a little moth swimming in her water bowl. She would put her paw in to try to catch it, but hated getting her paw wet. Touch the water, take her paw out and shake off the water, touch the water......Yelling the whole time. Hubby recovered first, so her grabbed a fork and got the moth out. He put it in the other room to let it dry off, thinking it might have a chance, nope. It took her about 2 minutes to find it and it was gone. I haven't laughed that much in ages.

Stay careful & healthy :hug:

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spent 6 hours today staining my deck. On my hands and knees, with a 4" deck brush. 20 year old deck that has never been stained. Just a deck floor with 7 steps. Used a really pretty gray from Sherwin Williams called King's Canyon. That was a thirsty s.o.b.
Next project will be to paint the outside of it white.

Other than that, my wife is doing great, and we're both healthy. Doggies are doing good too!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My wife and I had our winery lunch date yesterday. Chicken salad and a bottle of Pinot Noir. Great band playing classic rock! We had a great time for 3 hours out of the house!
20200606_142051edit.jpg

And we got to go to church in person today!

Me, my wife, and the critters are fine!

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
The storm turned out to be a dud. There was some flooding by the lake but we're about 8 miles from that. We got some heavy rain and wind off and on all evening. Luckily no flooding in my area and no wind damage. We were lucky! Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. They worked!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The storm turned out to be a dud. There was some flooding by the lake but we're about 8 miles from that. We got some heavy rain and wind off and on all evening. Luckily no flooding in my area and no wind damage. We were lucky! Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. They worked!

That's really good news! I know you and all your neighbors are relieved. Very happy for you!

Nothing new happening here today. Just kinda hanging in with the status quo. Grandsons are here, but they are piled up in bed playing Xbox right now. I'm about to get up and make myself some lunch.

Spent over an hour on hold this morning to speak with someone at Social Security, who then told me almost immediately that I needed to speak to someone at Medicare about this billing issue I have. Opened my first bill for Medicare coverage on Friday afternoon, and it's for three months instead of one. Between that and the Medicare Supplement and Prescription Coverage bills plus my medical insurance premiums, I'd have to spend almost $900 on medical coverage next week. It ain't happening. Anyway, I got through to Medicare after only about a 15-minute hold, and they say that someone from the Advanced Resolution Center at Medicare will call me back this week.

It is absolutely always something. :gaah: Nothing is easy any more. Things have just become too complicated.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did a little cookery yesterday, mostly for Milly and a new batch of her meat...but also decided I needed some good 'ol rice and beans. :)

It's Mahatma Jasmine rice, tinned white kidney beans, some stock left over from a corned beef with bits of the roast included, and a bunch of spices.

7gU1tnI.jpg

Cold and breezy today, I like it.
Screenshot from 2020-06-08 09-30-57.png

Milly does not like the winds much, but has been going nuts trying to get a spider that is wisely staying up near the ceiling...she's still trying though.

Not much going on today.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning VU!

Going to be a warm day here in San Diego today... 81*

Tomorrow though, 93, then come Wednesday back to our regularly schedule June Gloom of low 70’s til the 4th of July +- 4 days... then it’s 90/90 days til Mid September.

Wife is at her office in Otay Mesa, prepping for online teaching, back to her normal 8-5p

All good with family, all good with me.

Be safe everyone!

7c7f93b481899752d249fac29be11889.jpg

Stolen pic of San Diego

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crom, we’re not hearing enough from you. Where’ve you been? Hope everything is okay. :hug:
Been busy with alien stuff.

Just got down off my roof, had to patch a leak. Hotter than a presidential cabinet meeting up there.
Plan on a re-roof later this year. Looked like a loose nail had pushed a shingle up. Just gooped it all over the area with rubbery stuff to hold it.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Did a little cookery yesterday, mostly for Milly and a new batch of her meat...but also decided I needed some good 'ol rice and beans. :)

It's Mahatma Jasmine rice, tinned white kidney beans, some stock left over from a corned beef with bits of the roast included, and a bunch of spices.

7gU1tnI.jpg

That looks yummy. Good idea!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Been busy with alien stuff.

Just got down off my roof, had to patch a leak. Hotter than a presidential cabinet meeting up there.
Plan on a re-roof later this year. Looked like a loose nail had pushed a shingle up. Just gooped it all over the area with rubbery stuff to hold it.

Good to hear you’re okay. I don’t like it when people I like here up and disappear. Be careful on the roof. Human gravity is a real thing here! :hug:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good morning VU!

Going to be a warm day here in San Diego today... 81*

Tomorrow though, 93, then come Wednesday back to our regularly schedule June Gloom of low 70’s til the 4th of July +- 4 days... then it’s 90/90 days til Mid September.

Wife is at her office in Otay Mesa, prepping for online teaching, back to her normal 8-5p

All good with family, all good with me.

Be safe everyone!

7c7f93b481899752d249fac29be11889.jpg

Stolen pic of San Diego

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, is it really that colourful at night or a messed with picture?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

dunno not my picture... been there a few times to take pics, but never come out all professional like that one...

Its one of the best places to watch the 4th of July fireworks in SD though... well not this year, being its cancelled

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
dunno not my picture... been there a few times to take pics, but never come out all professional like that one...

Its one of the best places to watch the 4th of July fireworks in SD though... well not this year, being its cancelled
Beutiful view either way.
I know what you mean. I see things and think "wow I gotta take a picture of that" then at home check it out and wonder if I imagined it looked as good as I thought it had. Think its a skill like anything else, some are great at it aren't they!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think he's been busy reading his insults in the thread he started and trying to answer them all. :giggle:

Strangest thing... Invite insults and they do not come along much. Yet I am sure i get lots in another thread.
I mean went to all that trouble to make an insult me thread and they do not have the decency to abide by it.
Just cant please some humans.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Strangest thing... Invite insults and they do not come along much. Yet I am sure i get lots in another thread.
I mean went to all that trouble to make an insult me thread and they do not have the decency to abide by it.
Just cant please some humans.

It’s very grudge holding with them, it seems. As if the fight started a few years ago and they’re keeping it going. :smh:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good Morning!

Another day. Hubby is on a grocery run, then I drive him to the post office. He won't drive in our little downtown area, too many narrow streets and lousy drivers that make their own rules. That's ok, I need some sunshine.

Jessie had some catnip, she did her laps around the house then crashed.

stay safe and healthy :hug:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

IMO, it looks like a rendered image, like from GTA.
Or, just a really processed HDR image..IDK. Still pretty either way. :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
o_O I wonder if they realise!?

Meanwhile....over at the Insult Cromwell Thread.
"And another thing C, you, you..as well as...........:cuss2:"

"In another place....Cromwell lays blissfully relaxing, unaware of the barrage of insults being hurled his way.....His cunning plan executed to perfection."
View attachment 162729
Oh I am making them happy. Nothing is happier for some it seems than to feel outraged.

Took SIL to wally world this morning for some shopping. Went well.
So far me and mine are dodging the virus.
And I am happiest when not outraged. Try to avoid that.

VU Sponsors