Become a Patron!

DIY bull shoot thread.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use 3 - 20 - and 35 mil syringes with sharp tips. I'd use blunt tips, but local farm supply stores don't carry them.

Mixing by weight may be easier to some, but for myself, I don't mind doing it old school.

If you choose to keep using syringes, they can be had in local farm stores and online by the box with vet supply and amazon.

I also buy my PG/VG in gallon bulk. Glycubes from essentials depot are popular. Save a lot of money there, vs buying liters or small amounts.

I'll bookmark that website for future reference. I read a tip that you can wrap packaging tape around the syringe and reuse it without worry of the markings rubbing off.

I'm about to have me some blueberry doughnut sauce, thanks to your recipe, heck to the yeah! I may have to just shake and vape it because I won't be able to wait. ;)

The only thing... They don't carry acai, so I may up the blueblerry by 1%.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had a man cave/office, but we converted it back to a bedroom to move my Dad in before he passed 5 years ago. My wife has since taken it over for her painting room/woman cave. Me, I'm stuck with a corner in our bedroom. As the saying goes though, happy wife=happy life.

I'm sorry to hear your dad passed. :(

Smart man you are. :) I hope you get your man cave.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The reason weight (mg) mixing is more accurate than volume (ml) mixing is that heat and cold will cause liquids to expand and contract. So, 3ml of 100mg PG nic at 0ºF is not necessarily going to be the same at 75ºF. But weight is a measure of mass, and mass does not change (as long as your scale is accurate with each use).

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll bookmark that website for future reference. I read a tip that you can wrap packaging tape around the syringe and reuse it without worry of the markings rubbing off.

I'm about to have me some blueberry doughnut sauce, thanks to your recipe, heck to the yeah! I may have to just shake and vape it because I won't be able to wait. ;)

The only thing... They don't carry acai, so I may up the blueblerry by 1%.

I don't do anything to mine but rinse them out when I am done. Mine seem to hold the markings fine. Of coarse, all my syringes are Kendall brand, which most all vet suppliers use.

Before you jump percentages, try the recipe as is, and see how you like it. We all taste things differently.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I mix by weight, I have not gone for specific weights of each individual flavoring... I ain't got all that time, LOL. My concern in a finished mix is consistency only. And I get that using this method. No different than using drops, except not having to count them out. Oh yeah, I'm lazy, too.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I keep hearing this, but I just can't see it; it's so completely counterintuitive to measure liquids by weight -- I don't buy 10 lbs of milk, I buy a gallon. We don't put lbs of gas in our vehicle, we put gallons.
I just think weighing one gram on a scale from the flavor bottle into the bottle I'm mixing in is easier than pulling out one ml with a syringe from an open bottle that I will probably knock over some time and then have to rinse that syringe before moving on to the next flavor. What works for you may not work for me and vice versa. Like Huck, I'm lazy...

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Even when using a scale, the smaller quantities will rarely come out exact.
2 drops are under and 3 drops are over, not by very much tho...
And +/- 1 drop usually won't effect the mix very much, unless it's INW Waffle:D.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Even when using a scale, the smaller quantities will rarely come out exact.
2 drops are under and 3 drops are over, not by very much tho...
And +/- 1 drop usually won't effect the mix very much, unless it's INW Waffle:D.
I'm quickly finding this out. Off by hundredths of a gram doesn't make that much of a difference in the finished product, if it's even noticeable at all, which, from my limited experience, it's mostly not. Dropwise, though, is the worst way to measure because two drops are not necessarily the same size, meaning the potential for wildly inconsistent finished product is too great. I think, earlier on in vaping, a lot of mixers used the dropwise method. This would explain my experiences with variable flavors across multiple vendors. Now, things are far more consistent on a very large scale.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
an open bottle that I will probably knock over some time and then have to rinse that syringe before moving on to the next flavor.

Lol, ya, I didn't stay with that method for very long.

Then I'd just pull the plunger out and use my drip tip bottles to fill the syringe to the proper amount.
Keeping my little finger over the bottom of the tip of course.
Never needed to worry about washing between flavors or cross contamination.
Then I'd measure my PG/NIC in the same syringe to kind-of wash out the flavorings at the end.
Glass bottles are a different story tho, unless you've got droppers.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm quickly finding this out. Off by hundredths of a gram doesn't make that much of a difference in the finished product, if it's even noticeable at all, which, from my limited experience, it's mostly not. Dropwise, though, is the worst way to measure because two drops are not necessarily the same size, meaning the potential for wildly inconsistent finished product is too great. I think, earlier on in vaping, a lot of mixers used the dropwise method. This would explain my experiences with variable flavors across multiple vendors. Now, things are far more consistent on a very large scale.

Yep, I've had differences from 3, 4, 5, and 7 drops for a given quantity, by weight.
With different flavors, brands, and drip tip sizes from bottle to bottle.
Never used any VG flavorings yet but I'd suspect those may be bigger sized drops than the PG or Alcohol based flavorings.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm staying away from VG flavors and nic as I count these (PG) towards cutting my prepared 20/80 base to get to around 70-75% VG.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Absolutely this. CAP's vanilla custard v2 is HORRIBLE, it just SHRIEKS "artificial flavor!" in large purple neon! For diketone-free custard, TFA's Vanilla Swirl is the best; if it's not "custardy" enough for you, add a smidge of TFA's DX Bavarian Cream.

Andria

Andria, what percentage do you mix these at? I use the Cap v2 and am certainly open to replacing it. Seems like most recipes using the V2 call for 6/10 %. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, what percentage do you mix these at? I use the Cap v2 and am certainly open to replacing it. Seems like most recipes using the V2 call for 6/10 %. Thanks.

Hmm... I use TFA Vanilla Swirl -- their version of diketone-free custard -- in my strawberry & cream mix, I use 4.5% Vanilla Swirl, along with 6% TFA DX Bavarian Cream -- I wanted a really rich flavor, so it actually comes out more like "strawberry custard". Anyway, those were the levels I started at, with that recipe; since I've been gradually scaling down the percentages in that mix, now it's 4.1% Vanilla Swirl, with 5.5% Dx Bavarian Cream.

I had to stop using the CAP Vanilla Custard v2 -- I'm accustomed to adding a drop or two of this or that to my evening cocoa, and when I once added *TWO DROPS* of the CAP VC v2, I had to dump the entire cup of cocoa, the taste was so screamingly artificial -- from just 2 drops in 9 oz of cocoa! I threw that bottle straight into the trash.

Andria

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm... I use TFA Vanilla Swirl -- their version of diketone-free custard -- in my strawberry & cream mix, I use 4.5% Vanilla Swirl, along with 6% TFA DX Bavarian Cream -- I wanted a really rich flavor, so it actually comes out more like "strawberry custard". Anyway, those were the levels I started at, with that recipe; since I've been gradually scaling down the percentages in that mix, now it's 4.1% Vanilla Swirl, with 5.5% Dx Bavarian Cream.

I had to stop using the CAP Vanilla Custard v2 -- I'm accustomed to adding a drop or two of this or that to my evening cocoa, and when I once added *TWO DROPS* of the CAP VC v2, I had to dump the entire cup of cocoa, the taste was so screamingly artificial -- from just 2 drops in 9 oz of cocoa! I threw that bottle straight into the trash.

Andria

Damn, you really got my interest with that response. I have made tons of strawberry recipes and have yet to find one I really like. And there you go talking strawberry. I'll try your version but what strawberry and how much to add to this. I bet I've made 8-10 different Mothers Milk recipes alone and Yuk.

Second, I'll try 5% VS and 1% DXBC to see what custard that makes. I'd like to come up with a custom custard flavor mix to use in all my custard recipes.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn, you really got my interest with that response. I have made tons of strawberry recipes and have yet to find one I really like. And there you go talking strawberry. I'll try your version but what strawberry and how much to add to this. I bet I've made 8-10 different Mothers Milk recipes alone and Yuk.

Second, I'll try 5% VS and 1% DXBC to see what custard that makes. I'd like to come up with a custom custard flavor mix to use in all my custard recipes.

This is the most recent revision of my strawberry & cream recipe:

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 14.7%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 5.5%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.1%
CAP Sweet Cream 1.8%
TFA Sweetener 1% (or, to taste -- it's a pretty sweet mix already)

The original recipe was when I was only a few months smoke-free, my tastebuds were the next thing to dead, and it was the first ejuice I could actually taste, instead of being just a good smell -- but it's a hellacious gunker, and depending on your preference/device, may be too rich/concentrated:

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 16%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 6%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.5%
CAP Sweet Cream 2.0%
TFA Sweetener 2%-2.5% (I really did need that much sweetener then, but now can't tolerate it)

No steeping necessary -- that's why I went so high on the percentages, so I could have something to vape right away -- though it seems to hit "peak" flavor after about 3 days; after 7 or 8 days, it's so rich and sweet it's not really vapeable, unless you add some fresh mix without any sweetener.

I also add Flash, just because I require TH, which is mostly absent with a mix this sweet and creamy, especially at low nic levels. Most folks don't seem to care about TH nearly as much as I do, so it may be fine to you without Flash, especially if you use a higher nic level (I'm currently at 3.5mg).

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I'd start with 2% INW Shisha Strawberry.
I never got any custard taste, but was using Vanilla Swirl + Sweet Cream, although they were still good.
Maybe the have to try the Bavarian instead next time.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the most recent revision of my strawberry & cream recipe:

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 14.7%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 5.5%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.1%
CAP Sweet Cream 1.8%
TFA Sweetener 1% (or, to taste -- it's a pretty sweet mix already)

The original recipe was when I was only a few months smoke-free, my tastebuds were the next thing to dead, and it was the first ejuice I could actually taste, instead of being just a good smell -- but it's a hellacious gunker, and depending on your preference/device, may be too rich/concentrated:

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 16%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 6%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.5%
CAP Sweet Cream 2.0%
TFA Sweetener 2%-2.5% (I really did need that much sweetener then, but now can't tolerate it)

No steeping necessary -- that's why I went so high on the percentages, so I could have something to vape right away -- though it seems to hit "peak" flavor after about 3 days; after 7 or 8 days, it's so rich and sweet it's not really vapeable, unless you add some fresh mix without any sweetener.

I also add Flash, just because I require TH, which is mostly absent with a mix this sweet and creamy, especially at low nic levels. Most folks don't seem to care about TH nearly as much as I do, so it may be fine to you without Flash, especially if you use a higher nic level (I'm currently at 3.5mg).

Andria

Holy Wah! That's a lot of flavor. Would you suggest cutting everything by half to have a juice that peaks after 7-8 days and not having to do anything else with it? That small window would be a show stopper for me with the way I mix and share with others.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'd start with 2% INW Shisha Strawberry.
I never got any custard taste, but was using Vanilla Swirl + Sweet Cream, although they were still good.
Maybe the have to try the Bavarian instead next time.

For a good custard taste, you really need to combine the DX Bavarian and the Vanilla Swirl -- neither really screams "custard" by itself, but together, it's as good as any diketone-laden custard. I added the CAP sweet cream to really bolster the creaminess without adding any further sweetness.

I should point out that with the DX Bavarian, you shouldn't ever go over 6%, maybe 6.5% tops, or you run into diminishing returns from the butyric acid taste.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Holy Wah! That's a lot of flavor. Would you suggest cutting everything by half to have a juice that peaks after 7-8 days and not having to do anything else with it? That small window would be a show stopper for me with the way I mix and share with others.

I dunno really, but I guess it's worth a try. I've gotten to the point that I mix again when I have about half a week's supply, so it sits for about 3-4 days before I start it, and ends up sitting for maybe 10 days tops.

If you do plan to steep, or mix large quantities that might be sitting around for a while, I'd leave out the sweetener altogether. You can always add it, if you think it's not sweet enough, but once it's in there, no getting it back out. :D

Andria

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno really, but I guess it's worth a try. I've gotten to the point that I mix again when I have about half a week's supply, so it sits for about 3-4 days before I start it, and ends up sitting for maybe 10 days tops.

If you do plan to steep, or mix large quantities that might be sitting around for a while, I'd leave out the sweetener altogether. You can always add it, if you think it's not sweet enough, but once it's in there, no getting it back out. :D

Andria
Thanks again for sharing Andria. When I find a recipe that I really like, my daughters and their friends usually like it too. So typically I'll mix 250mls and fill smaller bottles for all of us as needed. So yes, it might be months old before it's used up.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks again for sharing Andria. When I find a recipe that I really like, my daughters and their friends usually like it too. So typically I'll mix 250mls and fill smaller bottles for all of us as needed. So yes, it might be months old before it's used up.

I'm too impatient to sit around waiting on ejuice. :D But a major benefit you'll get from drastically reducing the percentages is less gunking -- at the high percentages I use, I have to dry-burn/re-wick about every other day, which means coils don't last too long with all that dry-burning going on.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm too impatient to sit around waiting on ejuice. :D But a major benefit you'll get from drastically reducing the percentages is less gunking -- at the high percentages I use, I have to dry-burn/re-wick about every other day, which means coils don't last too long with all that dry-burning going on.

Andria
So why don't you mix an extra bottle at a reduced % so that you always have one "steeped" and in rotation? Just curious. I used to mix on the fly, but ended up aggravated more, so started mixing ahead, LOL.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
One of my favorites is a Tribeca Clone from Snowman with 20% flavor including graham cracker. I get about a week before it turns funky. That's the worst one for me.

Tribeca Clone Snowman
*TFA RY4 Double, 12.50%,
*TFA Graham Cracker, 2.50%,
*TFA Acetyl Pyrazine 5%, 2.00%,
*TFA Sweetener, 3.00%

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So why don't you mix an extra bottle at a reduced % so that you always have one "steeped" and in rotation? Just curious. I used to mix on the fly, but ended up aggravated more, so started mixing ahead, LOL.

Mainly because this juice really doesn't steep very well. Back in the spring when I was ill with some kind of cold or sinus infection, I found this juice, normally my favorite, completely intolerable, so for about 2-3 wks, I vaped something else. When I got back to the bottle of of this strawberry & cream, it was just horrible -- aside from the too-sweet factor, it had a very weird whang, almost like camphor or something like that.

Also, I learned from a mistake I made, early on in my vaping career -- I still have about 100ml of the Virginia i started with, and I know i will never vape. Really oughta throw it out, it's so old now. That experience taught me, it's just not a great idea to have a whole lot of any given flavor at any one time. Since I DIY and don't have to worry about the mail getting my ejuice to me in time, I'm fine with mixing weekly -- 30 mins a week, including clean-up.

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For a good custard taste, you really need to combine the DX Bavarian and the Vanilla Swirl -- neither really screams "custard" by itself, but together, it's as good as any diketone-laden custard. I added the CAP sweet cream to really bolster the creaminess without adding any further sweetness.

I should point out that with the DX Bavarian, you shouldn't ever go over 6%, maybe 6.5% tops, or you run into diminishing returns from the butyric acid taste.

Andria

Just haven't had a chance to play with the DX Bavarian much yet.
Probably cause I like the CAP VC v1 so much, but I do use less than most others anyway.
The typical 8-10%+ range is just way too strong for me.
The CAP VC v2 has the butyric acid taste too, and maybe even more so.
Although that one is typically used in pretty high amounts also.

Adding the CAP Sweet Cream sounds like a nice touch:D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just haven't had a chance to play with the DX Bavarian much yet.
Probably cause I like the CAP VC v1 so much, but I do use less than most others anyway.
The typical 8-10%+ range is just way too strong for me.
The CAP VC v2 has the butyric acid taste too, and maybe even more so.
Although that one is typically used in pretty high amounts also.

Adding the CAP Sweet Cream sounds like a nice touch:D

That CAP Sweet Cream really is all that and a bag of chips. :D

I'm aware that there is likely very little risk in using flavors with diketones.... but as an asthmatic hypochondriac, I had to analyze that if I were using eliquid with diketones, then my normal daily asthma symptoms would be magnified, in my mind, to something terrifying. So it's just better for me to avoid the whole issue. :D

Not sure what I tasted in that VC v2 that was so godawful; it wasn't really like the butyric acid whang I get if I use too much DX Bavarian, or ANY TFA malted milk... maybe something more like the taste of plastic; terribly, horribly artificial.

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
maybe something more like the taste of plastic; terribly, horribly artificial.

I thought it had a chemical taste from what I remember.
Funny too because when I make Jason's White Coconut Cake with the VC v2 it's excellent.
Although I think I lowered it by a percent or 2.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You have to cut it with joy to get the flavor out, otherwise I just get wax.
Awakening an older post in this thread... but because it didn't hit me until AFTER I bought Funnel Cake that it should dwell in the underworld that is known as the oxymoron JOY, in what combination do you get this funnel cake flavor? I had to pick up something from WL, so tossed a few flavors in.

At least I'm prepared to not like it, and it's just a sample size.

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Awakening an older post in this thread... but because it didn't hit me until AFTER I bought Funnel Cake that it should dwell in the underworld that is known as the oxymoron JOY, in what combination do you get this funnel cake flavor? I had to pick up something from WL, so tossed a few flavors in.

At least I'm prepared to not like it, and it's just a sample size.

I was talking about the glazed donut.
But I would try it with .25% joy 4% funnel cake. I've seen joy in funnel cake recipes before around that percentage.

But the funnel cake is really good with one part vanilla custard , one part cinnamon Danish swirl and two parts funnel cake. All capella.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't do anything to mine but rinse them out when I am done. Mine seem to hold the markings fine. Of coarse, all my syringes are Kendall brand, which most all vet suppliers use.

Before you jump percentages, try the recipe as is, and see how you like it. We all taste things differently.

I apologize for the time elapse on my response. For some reason my email notification didn't get sent on this one.

Personally that's the route I've decided to go with and I'm stickin to the tfa frosted donut original. Later I can experiment with the dx. For now I'm just going to mix em and vape em like rhe recipe says.

I did add a peppermint and a pomegranate tfa to my order. Other than that tho, I'm sticking to two simple recipes for now.

I figured with the blueberry extra I could do a mint of sorts. Love blueberries so that's a definite need in my flavor collection. Strawberry ripe looks yummy too tho. Whew decisions...

Have you tried the vanilla cupcake? If so, any luck?

Are the syringes you use to measure your liquids engraved?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I apologize for the time elapse on my response. For some reason my email notification didn't get sent on this one.

Personally that's the route I've decided to go with and I'm stickin to the tfa frosted donut original. Later I can experiment with the dx. For now I'm just going to mix em and vape em like rhe recipe says.

I did add a peppermint and a pomegranate tfa to my order. Other than that tho, I'm sticking to two simple recipes for now.

I figured with the blueberry extra I could do a mint of sorts. Love blueberries so that's a definite need in my flavor collection. Strawberry ripe looks yummy too tho. Whew decisions...

Have you tried the vanilla cupcake? If so, any luck?

Are the syringes you use to measure your liquids engraved?

The only vanilla cupcake I have, is FW. And I do NOT like the flavoring. Tastes like hell.

My syringes do have some indentation where the marks are, and they are colored in those indentations.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My syringes do have some indentation where the marks are, and they are colored in those indentations.

Sounds like those would be much easier to read.

Lol I'll avoid the cupcake for the time being. Haha.:giggle:

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Awesome. I've pretty much started too. One thing I learned quickly, nobody knows my pallet better than me. Same goes for my wife knowing her pallet, and me knowing hers better than recommendations. We tried some recipes and the one she likes best is the first one I mixed from scent alone. Don't be afraid to experiment, and don't necessarily trust every recipe you find.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I took your advice too, writing everything down. Everything.

These smell wonderful, and that's very good advice. I appreciate it. I'm also making small batches to start, just in case a recipe may not be to my liking.

How's that nic? I wanted to get some on sale but... Maybe next time. Their brand is smooth tho too. I dig heartland vapes.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The HV nic? Dunno. I haven't even opened it yet, it went straight into the freezer. I'm still working on nic from Wizard Labs, which is clear and virtually odorless and tasteless (mixed, of course). Making up a 10ml, I'm only using 0.3ml, 0.9ml per 30. So 120ml goes a really, really long way, 4 LITERS of mixed juice, 4,000ml.

I calculated out what my wife and I go through and 3 gallons should last us 50 years. If I'm still mixing when I'm pushing 100, I'll worry about it then. And, since I'm stepping down anyway, a 3 gallon stockpile should last a lot longer even.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use 3mg nic in my mixes, sometimes 6. I wonder if I should stock pile some too? Lol, I would flip if I didn't have my vape.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, here's the thing... in the freezer, nic will keep for a very, very long time. I think the estimates I read were 95% strength after 30 years, unopened. But I'd have to find that again if you want a link.

The FDA absolutely, it is blatantly clear, does not want the vaping industry as it stands to exist. The quickest and easiest way for them to do that is to make nicotine a controlled substance, like pseudoephedrine (Sudafed). Except that, according to the deeming regs, if you buy nicotine, you're going to use it to manufacture eliquid. If you're going to manufacture eliquid, you're a manufacturer, and you will need to register. It is, therefore, entirely possible that you will be issued a registration card and, if so, might need to actually present it to buy nicotine.

Even if everything else gets shot down in court, this may quite likely be the one thing that gets through. If anything at all gets though, this would be it. So yes, if you wish to continue vaping nicotine, you should be concerned about stockpiling. You have two years.

20ml/day for my wife and I. 0.6ml/day * 365 = 219ml/year * 50 = 10,950ml/50 years. So 10.95 liters. 2.89 gallons. Set for life.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have my handful of go to diy mixes that I keep around but lately my go to has been mech sauce at zero nic max VG and spike it to 4 with vaperstek pg nic.

They mix with a ton of flavor so once I dilute with a smidgen of VT it is a wonderful juice. They really do a bang up job with their mixes.

Granted, not as cheap as my diy mixes but still not bad when you order 120ml for $15 or whatever and they do a bang up job with the recipe... their nic just sucks and VT kicks ass.

Huge difference between their 3 nic and a bottle of their 0 nic spiked to 3 with VT. Compare the two side by side (I had to do the pepsi taste test) and you'd think the VT spiked bottle was a zero nic mix it's so pure and flavorful. Even at 4 you can't taste the nic at all.

Getting super lazy with my diy I guess :D

Last edited:

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, here's the thing... in the freezer, nic will keep for a very, very long time. I think the estimates I read were 95% strength after 30 years, unopened. But I'd have to find that again if you want a link.

The FDA absolutely, it is blatantly clear, does not want the vaping industry as it stands to exist. The quickest and easiest way for them to do that is to make nicotine a controlled substance, like pseudoephedrine (Sudafed). Except that, according to the deeming regs, if you buy nicotine, you're going to use it to manufacture eliquid. If you're going to manufacture eliquid, you're a manufacturer, and you will need to register. It is, therefore, entirely possible that you will be issued a registration card and, if so, might need to actually present it to buy nicotine.

Even if everything else gets shot down in court, this may quite likely be the one thing that gets through. If anything at all gets though, this would be it. So yes, if you wish to continue vaping nicotine, you should be concerned about stockpiling. You have two years.

20ml/day for my wife and I. 0.6ml/day * 365 = 219ml/year * 50 = 10,950ml/50 years. So 10.95 liters. 2.89 gallons. Set for life.

This makes sense, I'd need to half that amount. That would be quite a bit if pg and vg to stock too. But this is very wise.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have my handful of go to diy mixes that I keep around but lately my go to has been mech sauce at zero nic max VG and spike it to 4 with vaperstek pg nic.

They mix with a ton of flavor so once I dilute with a smidgen of VT it is a wonderful juice. They really do a bang up job with their mixes.

Granted, not as cheap as my diy mixes but still not bad when you oder 120ml for $15 or whatever and they do a bang up job with the recipe... their nic just sucks and VT kicks ass.

Huge difference between their 3 nic and a bottle of their 0 nic spiked to 3 with VT. Compare the two side by side (I had to do the pepsi taste test) and you'd think the VT spiked bottle was a zero nic mix it's so pure and flavorful. Even at 4 you can't taste the nic at all.

Getting super lazy with my diy I guess :D

Hey whatever works for you right? :)

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, a strawberry custard & butterscotch/custard go to diy always stocked up in big bottles and I use mech sauce for changing it up... like their pony porn and poseidons wrath are epic... mech sauce cut 20% with a base of 12% caps VC1 & FA vanilla classic smacks my butterscotch/custard mix up and down the street.

There are many that they absolutely knock out out of the park with but ruin it with shitty nic. Vaperstek fixes that :ejuice::cloud:

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This makes sense, I'd need to half that amount. That would be quite a bit if pg and vg to stock too. But this is very wise.
I really would not worry too much about PG and VG. Neither will ever be "deemed" tobacco products. They have too many other uses to be controlled in any fashion whatsoever. Besides, at 70% VG, I'd need over 250 liters of VG, about 68 gallons, which I can NOT fit in my freezer. :D

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some hoarders have probably stepped up to commercial freezers in the garage :giggle:

I'm not worried, 250ml of 100mg/ml nic lasts me about a year so before hell freezes over in 2 years I'll order a gallon.
And yeah, VG/PG will be around forever

Last edited:

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm hoping the flavor concentrates will still be around too. Gotsta have the flava... Ha.

Strawberry custard sounds yummy, never tried it. :p

Just watch... My ass will have like 10 gallons of pg vg and nic before its all said and done. Lol.

One thing... There's gonna be some pretty pissed off folks if they ban diy altogether. :cuss2: Or if someone is careless @ mixing their juice and screws it for all of us who actually take precaution.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I took your advice too, writing everything down. Everything.

These smell wonderful, and that's very good advice. I appreciate it. I'm also making small batches to start, just in case a recipe may not be to my liking.

How's that nic? I wanted to get some on sale but... Maybe next time. Their brand is smooth tho too. I dig heartland vapes.

I think I mentioned, I *always* make just 5ml when trying something new -- I've wasted so much, I got really sick of dumping so much down the sink. Lots of failures! But at least I've managed a few really good ones. Still stuck like glue to my strawberry & cream tho... which actually is like strawberry custard, with that combo of the DX bavarian and vanilla swirl.

Andria

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think I mentioned, I *always* make just 5ml when trying something new -- I've wasted so much, I got really sick of dumping so much down the sink. Lots of failures! But at least I've managed a few really good ones. Still stuck like glue to my strawberry & cream tho... which actually is like strawberry custard, with that combo of the DX bavarian and vanilla swirl.

Andria

I need to go hunt that one and give it a whirl. I did fives and tens. Three ten mls and one 5 ml. They all taste and smell fabulous. I started with smaller flavor % when mixing my own ideas.

Oh my... You've gotta try that tfa dx banana cream. I love it and formed a recipe, yay. Somebody else may have tried it too at this mix and % but when I measured it was from trial and guess method. It smells delish but I'm gonna give it atleast a days worth of steep time.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria

Andria, do you make a "custard" flavor with the swirl and BC or just mix them as you go? Based on your notes I was thinking of making a "custard" flavor with 5.5% BC and 4.5% VS to use where Cap custard is called for.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only vanilla cupcake I have, is FW. And I do NOT like the flavoring. Tastes like hell.

Blueberry donut is the shit. Freakin lovin it.

Next time I may get a small dx version to try out. But this is phenomenal, been my all morning vape...oh so good with coffee.

Made three test batches from the top of my head and added each to a different tank. Hopefully I'll have some recipes to share with you all soon. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, do you make a "custard" flavor with the swirl and BC or just mix them as you go? Based on your notes I was thinking of making a "custard" flavor with 5.5% BC and 4.5% VS to use where Cap custard is called for.

Never have made just a "plain custard" ejuice; at the time I was developing the S&C recipe, I was seeking ways to make it decadently rich without using any diketones -- I had to develop my own recipe because every recipe I found used those diketone-containing flavors. So I basically just read as many S&C recipes as I could find, and tried to follow the guidelines I'd read at ECF's TFA thread, about using roughly 50% main flavor, 50% supporting flavors. Don't know your status or opinion of ECF, but a guy there in their TFA thread, Bill's Magic Vapor, is a true "ejuice mixologist," and it was from him that I got a lot of what I know about mixing.

At the time I first mixed that, the DX Bavarian was still kinda new-ish, so with that flavor, I was more or less winging it; that guy did provide his opinion that anything over 6% with the DX Bavarian and you begin to taste the butyric acid; I found I could push it to just about 6.5% but absolutely no further, and others with a keener sense of taste than my own (which is pretty much everybody I think!), probably wouldn't like even that much. 5.5% is a very good level; since I've started scaling back the percentages on the S&C, I'm a lot closer to (or right at!) 5.5% with the DX Bavarian, than the 6% I started at.

Andria

VU Sponsors