Become a Patron!

ECC BANS ALL CLONES FROM BEING SOLD

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
clap-slow-clap-the-most-interesting-man-dos-equis.gif
YES! I have a full size most interesting man who lives in my living room... Now I have a .gif. Awesome, and perfect.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mainly just wanted to make it clear that there isn't any info officially linking Mr. Glotfelty to Kryptonite that I've seen. Perhaps the person running the Kryptonite booth made a decision to let Mr. Glotfelty "serve" the papers because of his intimidating stature (he's a former varsity football player, and not exactly a tiny guy).

At any rate, regardless of the source of the C&D and regardless of the questionable decision that was made by letting Mr. Glotfelty handle it, I don't think it's fair to condemn Kryptonite with what little information we have. So let's not do that. That's all I'm saying.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you travel over to one of the FB groups (Yeah, it's a 26650) that Glotfelty is in, there are posts about trading, buying, and selling clones. Apparently this guy is a hypocrite as well.

Big surprise?

Methinks not.

Last edited:

thechinaman

Member For 4 Years
im all for free open discussion devoid of censorship, but you guys are assholes. this forum is one giant circle jerk where VJ can promote himself, his ideas and his products to thousands of loyal brainwashed fans. you guys hate elitist authentic mod users? ive never seen people act as self important and entitled as users on this site.

so you can't afford or are unwilling to afford an authentic mod. guess you better go buy an eGO and shut the fuck up. your lack of or unwillingness to spend your money does not entitle you to consume. you want to quit smoking? go buy an eGO. you want to turn it into a hobby? guess you better be willing to dish out the dollars like every other fucking hobby on the planet.

all this bullshit about free market economies and the market speaking on how much its willing to pay. give it up, if you live in a developed country YOU DO NOT LIVE IN A FREE MARKET ECONOMY. PURE CAPITALISM DOES NOT EXIST. rules and regulations exist to protect the public, otherwise people could pack cow shit into a patty and sell it as a steak. these same rules and regulations apply to trademarks. selling products which violate these trademarks is ILLEGAL. no amount of "the market demands cheaper mods" or "but im just trying to stay off cigs" can refute this simple fact. purchasers of counterfeit items buy them for the sole purpose of passing it off as something it is not. sure you might say "oh its not authentic" or "its just a clone" to anyone who asks, but you bought that specific design because you liked it. you wanted that exact one, not one that looked sort of like it, you had to have the nemesis or the mutant or whatever. i suppose on one hand modders should be flattered. you guys like their stuff so much you seek it out, although im sure its a nice slap in the fact when you say "thanks for all your hard work designing a product that i would like to own, but im a cheap bastard with no respect for your hard work so im gonna go buy one that looks the same from china instead".

fuck you. fuck all of you. i hope you all start businesses and then find that you cannot compete with asia due to smaller infrastructure and higher labor costs. i hope you all sink all of your time effort and money into these business ventures and then fail miserably. then i hope you have the balls to get on the internet and bitch about it at which point i will be happy to tell you to go ahead and fuck right off you hypocrite scum.

the next time you consider posting your opinion on the internet i hope you will consider these words from Isaac Asimov

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
im all for free open discussion devoid of censorship, but you guys are assholes. this forum is one giant circle jerk where VJ can promote himself, his ideas and his products to thousands of loyal brainwashed fans. you guys hate elitist authentic mod users? ive never seen people act as self important and entitled as users on this site.

so you can't afford or are unwilling to afford an authentic mod. guess you better go buy an eGO and shut the fuck up. your lack of or unwillingness to spend your money does not entitle you to consume. you want to quit smoking? go buy an eGO. you want to turn it into a hobby? guess you better be willing to dish out the dollars like every other fucking hobby on the planet.

all this bullshit about free market economies and the market speaking on how much its willing to pay. give it up, if you live in a developed country YOU DO NOT LIVE IN A FREE MARKET ECONOMY. PURE CAPITALISM DOES NOT EXIST. rules and regulations exist to protect the public, otherwise people could pack cow shit into a patty and sell it as a steak. these same rules and regulations apply to trademarks. selling products which violate these trademarks is ILLEGAL. no amount of "the market demands cheaper mods" or "but im just trying to stay off cigs" can refute this simple fact. purchasers of counterfeit items buy them for the sole purpose of passing it off as something it is not. sure you might say "oh its not authentic" or "its just a clone" to anyone who asks, but you bought that specific design because you liked it. you wanted that exact one, not one that looked sort of like it, you had to have the nemesis or the mutant or whatever. i suppose on one hand modders should be flattered. you guys like their stuff so much you seek it out, although im sure its a nice slap in the fact when you say "thanks for all your hard work designing a product that i would like to own, but im a cheap bastard with no respect for your hard work so im gonna go buy one that looks the same from china instead".

fuck you. fuck all of you. i hope you all start businesses and then find that you cannot compete with asia due to smaller infrastructure and higher labor costs. i hope you all sink all of your time effort and money into these business ventures and then fail miserably. then i hope you have the balls to get on the internet and bitch about it at which point i will be happy to tell you to go ahead and fuck right off you hypocrite scum.

the next time you consider posting your opinion on the internet i hope you will consider these words from Isaac Asimov

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.
Wahhhhhhhhh

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

29543425.jpg

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How rude! Those boys were very loud and obnoxious! And oh my, the swearing! I hope their mothers see that video and tan their hides good once they get home!

M̶A̶R̶I̶J̶U̶A̶N̶A̶!̶!̶!̶

last edited by Classwife today at 12:42 am

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just realized that the users screen-name is TheChinaMan and that wasn't intentional
How rude! Those boys were very loud and obnoxious! And oh my, the swearing! I hope their mothers see that video and tan their hides good once they get home!

M̶A̶R̶I̶J̶U̶A̶N̶A̶!̶!̶!̶

memes-meme-pictures-Favim.com-999669.jpg

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

You might want to check Alexa.. Either your wrong or I have a fuck ton of fans and a huge circle jerk. This forum gets a TON of traffic and it isnt all love for me .. Trust me.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Wow! Hate life much? Cant make it in the 'big bad world'? Dont cry 'cause you failed and I didnt. Dont blame China 'cause you decided to do something that would compete directly with them. Thats called a 'bad business model'.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

M̶A̶R̶I̶J̶U̶A̶N̶A̶!̶!̶!̶

Haha did you see that too?

TheDishD

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Umm chinaman, u bang on about trademark.. U are aware that most makers have not trademark their logo..only a few like Hana have and because they have, they can make cloners remove their trademarked logo...
I wish there where more logoless clones, i also wish authentic makers would trademark their logos!
Would be interesting to see how that would go for Chi-you (his logo is ripped straight from a Sth Korean soccer team) or makers of the Nemises... Kryptonite the Kr is from a chem table..

sent via a smartphone with a dumb operator XD

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Umm chinaman, u bang on about trademark.. U are aware that most makers have not trademark their logo..only a few like Hana have and because they have, they can make cloners remove their trademarked logo...
I wish there where more logoless clones, i also wish authentic makers would trademark their logos!
Would be interesting to see how that would go for Chi-you (his logo is ripped straight from a Sth Korean soccer team) or makers of the Nemises... Kryptonite the Kr is from a chem table..

Actually you can request those Manufacturers to remove those logos (maybe for a cost, not sure) cause there are some vendors who order clones without logos/names/etc.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Actually in defense of the legit guys (oddly) - you dont need to register your trademark to own one. You simply make it so and have to prove you were the first one to use it. A registered trademark gives it more weight in court and makes it a criminal offense to use. The none registered trademark holder can still take a person to court civilly.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i wish i could respond to this the way I want to....lucky for you Im on thin ice here already, enjoy my silence....lol
I got you!
*mostly stupid ranting*
So, just let me make sure I get this straight... We have the opportunity to save people's lives, to rid them completely of the hold that tobacco has had on their lives, but @thechinaman is more worried about the profit available in the vape world. Not everyone can afford $300 for a paperweight. I wasn't able to quit smoking on eGos alone. I needed a mod. But I wasn't going to drop a car payment on something I might not even like. The most important part of vaping is not profit, it's life. How about go take a class on how to be a decent human being, then come try again?

TheDishD

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually you can request those Manufacturers to remove those logos (maybe for a cost, not sure) cause there are some vendors who order clones without logos/names/etc.

Actually in defense of the legit guys (oddly) - you dont need to register your trademark to own one. You simply make it so and have to prove you were the first one to use it. A registered trademark gives it more weight in court and makes it a criminal offense to use. The none registered trademark holder can still take a person to court civilly.
Thank you gents, i learn something new everyday

And fair enough too!
But a number of mod makers do not use orginal designed logos.

I am the sort that if you want to drop srs money on a mod go for it, if you dont want to and would rather get a clone go for it!
I cant stand feckin Oxygen Thieves tellin me or others that we are shitbreathers just cause we choose to purchase something at lower price point.. The main point is to be a non-smoker how ever that is done.

Note: i do own authentics and clones, fairly priced quality authentics (MutationX, Vulcon, magneto, kayfun etc) and good quality clones (mainly infinite,Ehpro and Hcigar) and as iv said before i would perfer clones without logos but it is what it is.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Is registration of my mark required?

No. You can establish rights in a mark based on legitimate use of the mark. However, owning a federal trademark registration on the Principal Register provides several advantages, e.g.,

• constructive notice to the public of the registrant's claim of ownership of the mark;
  • a legal presumption of the registrant's ownership of the mark and the registrant's exclusive right to use the mark nationwide on or in connection with the goods and/or services listed in the registration;
  • the ability to bring an action concerning the mark in federal court;
  • the use of the U.S registration as a basis to obtain registration in foreign countries; and
  • the ability to file the U.S. registration with the U.S. Customs Service to prevent importation of infringing foreign goods.
    When can I use the trademark symbols TM, SM and ®?

Any time you claim rights in a mark, you may use the "TM" (trademark) or "SM" (service mark) designation to alert the public to your claim, regardless of whether you have filed an application with the USPTO. However, you may use the federal registration symbol "®" only after the USPTO actually registers a mark , and not while an application is pending. Also, you may use the registration symbol with the mark only on or in connection with the goods and/or services listed in the federal trademark registration.

http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/basics/register.jsp

TheDishD

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks midnite, i will happly admit when i am in the wrong..slightly different regs to what we have here in Australia..
Again learnin im learnin :)

freshness

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This guy just committed social suicide, mean girls status.

Thoroughly impressed he went through the trouble of typing all that, but I don't agree with what you say chinaman about people's financial situations. Everyone deserves to have mods, regardless of clone, authentic or monetary wealth.

Just because people buy rolexes does not mean you have to spring for some swiss made timepiece, many people are pleased wearing a G-Shock or Fossil.

There are authentic mods out there without an absurd pricetag, like the Smok Magneto, which isn't shitty by any means, not to mention a vast preowned market.

There are probably 10 billion other ways you could have gotten your point accross without being condescending and insulting, you make people who support buying authentics look really really bad.

Last edited:

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

ec7b7e7b6f959e19e623322070ff5da1.jpg
34413f4309b6331d5e93f00c86555156.jpg

Troll attempt, epic fail. Go home troll, you've embarrassed yourself
images

Alexander Knapp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I buy authentics and I buy clones. Depends if the authentic is available or not. If not, clone it is. Frankly, I could have stopped at one, but I DID stop spending vast amounts of money on video games at 60-70 bux a pop. Now I buy an occasional game and a vast amount of my funds goes to vaping. Once I get tired of it, I'll move on like any other hobby I have ever picked up. I am one of those PC gamers that spends 500 USD on a video card to run games at the highest settings because I am a graphics whore, even though graphics haven't really improved all that much since Crysis 1 released, yet I still do it. I even plopped down n bought the extreme level Intel processor which is 1K just for the CPU. Other people build an entire computer for 300-500 bux, and game just fine with that. AMD vs Intel much like clone vs authentic, or Apple vs IBM Compatibles. The arguments can go on and on, in every hobby or tech-trendy thing. Another is PC vs Console, very popular, and gets people POed with one another VERY quickly, the whole PC gaming is more expensive than Console gaming. I'm sure you have had arguments like that at one time or another. Same thing is going down here, only its the more aged adults continuing the "kiddie" trend. Sure the average age of a gamer is in their mid 30s, but most people who vape are much older than that, yet still carry on like the PC vs Console crowd. I admit, I do it myself, and this post is a mere reminder to myself, why I should leave such threads alone.. :D

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
you should send a copy of it to IJOY, their lawyers might want a copy....We should start a non Elitist alliance....Call it, "Regular Joe's Vapor Alliance" the non elitist alliance for the working men and women who support clones.....
"Regular Joe's Vapor Alliance"

Can we use this somewhere in the sig..just to piss people off?

hindu-swastika.gif

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is registration of my mark required?

No. You can establish rights in a mark based on legitimate use of the mark. However, owning a federal trademark registration on the Principal Register provides several advantages, e.g.,

• constructive notice to the public of the registrant's claim of ownership of the mark;
  • a legal presumption of the registrant's ownership of the mark and the registrant's exclusive right to use the mark nationwide on or in connection with the goods and/or services listed in the registration;
  • the ability to bring an action concerning the mark in federal court;
  • the use of the U.S registration as a basis to obtain registration in foreign countries; and
  • the ability to file the U.S. registration with the U.S. Customs Service to prevent importation of infringing foreign goods.
    When can I use the trademark symbols TM, SM and ®?

Any time you claim rights in a mark, you may use the "TM" (trademark) or "SM" (service mark) designation to alert the public to your claim, regardless of whether you have filed an application with the USPTO. However, you may use the federal registration symbol "®" only after the USPTO actually registers a mark , and not while an application is pending. Also, you may use the registration symbol with the mark only on or in connection with the goods and/or services listed in the federal trademark registration.

http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/basics/register.jsp
You cannot trademark a number. That's why after everybody was making chips called 286, 386, 486 ... Intel decided the new chips should have a name, not a number. so, the 586 was named "Pentium"
Good luck with them trying to trademark Kr http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=toc&state=4802:u2i5p7.1.1&p_search=searchss&p_L=50&BackReference=&p_plural=yes&p_s_PARA1=&p_tagrepl~:=PARA1$LD&expr=PARA1 AND PARA2&p_s_PARA2=kr&p_tagrepl~:=PARA2$COMB&p_op_ALL=AND&a_default=search&a_search=Submit Query&a_search=Submit Query

They did not use it as KR454. There is nothing on that MOD that is protect-able. If it said Coca-Cola, they could have a chance.

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gotta tilt it about 45 degrees clockwise to get maximum offensiveness :D
Wouldn't that be a "clone" then!

AHAH!!! Epiphany time!

Now we finally understand all the butthurt of original vs clone...

And yes...I threw down the Godwin's law gauntlet (every awesome interwebz thread needs at least ONE reference)...suck it you whiners

I buy authentics and I buy clones. Depends if the authentic is available or not. If not, clone it is. Frankly, I could have stopped at one, but I DID stop spending vast amounts of money on video games at 60-70 bux a pop. Now I buy an occasional game and a vast amount of my funds goes to vaping. Once I get tired of it, I'll move on like any other hobby I have ever picked up. I am one of those PC gamers that spends 500 USD on a video card to run games at the highest settings because I am a graphics whore, even though graphics haven't really improved all that much since Crysis 1 released, yet I still do it. I even plopped down n bought the extreme level Intel processor which is 1K just for the CPU. Other people build an entire computer for 300-500 bux, and game just fine with that. AMD vs Intel much like clone vs authentic, or Apple vs IBM Compatibles. The arguments can go on and on, in every hobby or tech-trendy thing. Another is PC vs Console, very popular, and gets people POed with one another VERY quickly, the whole PC gaming is more expensive than Console gaming. I'm sure you have had arguments like that at one time or another. Same thing is going down here, only its the more aged adults continuing the "kiddie" trend. Sure the average age of a gamer is in their mid 30s, but most people who vape are much older than that, yet still carry on like the PC vs Console crowd. I admit, I do it myself, and this post is a mere reminder to myself, why I should leave such threads alone.. :D
I always

I can't believe I read the whole thread (til this point).

I cringe at terms like"epic"... But this thread is an epic discussion...minus the butthurt replies. Actually, the butthurt replies support the positive ones.

Epic status....achieved!

who wins?

no one :)

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can't believe I read the whole thread (til this point).

I cringe at terms like"epic"... But this thread is an epic discussion...minus the butthurt replies. Actually, the butthurt replies support the positive ones.

Epic status....achieved!

who wins?

no one :)
I win every time I hear those disgusting elitists claim to be high and mighty. Maybe the high part. ;)

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

I always

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You cannot trademark a number. That's why after everybody was making chips called 286, 386, 486 ... Intel decided the new chips should have a name, not a number. so, the 586 was named "Pentium"
Good luck with them trying to trademark Kr http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=toc&state=4802:u2i5p7.1.1&p_search=searchss&p_L=50&BackReference=&p_plural=yes&p_s_PARA1=&p_tagrepl~:=PARA1$LD&expr=PARA1 AND PARA2&p_s_PARA2=kr&p_tagrepl~:=PARA2$COMB&p_op_ALL=AND&a_default=search&a_search=Submit Query&a_search=Submit Query

They did not use it as KR454. There is nothing on that MOD that is protect-able. If it said Coca-Cola, they could have a chance.
Um, I replying to D who asked if you must register a trademark...

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A great way to sell me an authentic at a show, is to have a crappy knockoff out there on the floor to compare with it. Clones are a reality, though, and dealing with them bears some due diligence. If a B&M wants to sell me an authentic, they had better produce and pass on to me a righteous provenance. That being said, if you want to crack open a One-of-200 piece of art and actually use it, I am not going to call you a dumbass. Your wife might...a pawnbroker might...a collector most certainly might, but I won't. I'll just quietly sit here and enjoy my remorse-free clone and leave the roles of anti-posterity cretins to others.
(Unless you are famous or doing something historic at the time. Such usage might actually enhance the value. (You might still be a cretin, though. Such is fame.))
I digress, but what you vape might say a lot about you. I think Custer would have vaped an authentic, Abe Lincoln...probably a homemade ax mod.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Abe Lincoln would've had a built-in pv within his Top Hat in which his hat would contain a massive amount of juice (worlds largest tank).

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A great way to sell me an authentic at a show, is to have a crappy knockoff out there on the floor to compare with it. Clones are a reality, though, and dealing with them bears some due diligence. If a B&M wants to sell me an authentic, they had better produce and pass on to me a righteous provenance. That being said, if you want to crack open a One-of-200 piece of art and actually use it, I am not going to call you a dumbass. Your wife might...a pawnbroker might...a collector most certainly might, but I won't. I'll just quietly sit here and enjoy my remorse-free clone and leave the roles of anti-posterity cretins to others.
(Unless you are famous or doing something historic at the time. Such usage might actually enhance the value. (You might still be a cretin, though. Such is fame.))
I digress, but what you vape might say a lot about you. I think Custer would have vaped an authentic, Abe Lincoln...probably a homemade ax mod.
Another troll account? Tell me again how many you are gonna create? LOL

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another troll account? Tell me again how many you are gonna create? LOL

I read 24 pages so I could post unique thoughts in response only to the original posting, so I am not sure who told you what about account creation or who I am supposed to be trolling. Thank you for your warm welcome to the forum in return for my first post.

VU Sponsors