Not open for further replies.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
When we first got her, if I found her in my chair, I'd say "get your hairy cat ass outta my chair!" So my son started singing in a high-pitched falsetto, 'hairy cat ass! hairy cat ass!' And now I sing that to her... Earlier tonight, I was outside yelling "Tuxie! Get your hairy cat ass home!' But still no Tuxie. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Andria

This is a perfectly revolting development - very sorry.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dam you Hank --- I'm at work for fuck sake!

Did you get that? It's a very, very good price for a Philippines authentic.

Fuck, I hate bottom fires, but that is a very attractive price. Might have to get it anyway. Dam I hate bottom fire, but that is -- oh shut up.I'm supposed to be saving up for a titanium Gem. Dam that's a good price....
Yes, I ordered a Stainless one lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I ordered a Stainless one lol

Male version.

We gotta talk, Hank.

You know I love chatting with you and all, but you have to stop tempting me with good buys when I'm trying to work. I'm really busy and have a lot of responsibilities and it's hard to concentrate when I keep getting interrupted with good buys you post or you won't stop setting yourself up for cheap shots.

It doesn't mean that I like you any less when I ask you to cut it out until I'm done working.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well... she doesn't seem to be injured, but she's definitely off her feed; she didn't eat her breakfast canned food this morning, so after a whole day of nothing to eat (from home), now she won't eat her "suppie", shredded chicken lunch meat that my husband always gives her at night. Don't know what's wrong. :(

Andria

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Male version.

We gotta talk, Hank.

You know I love chatting with you and all, but you have to stop tempting me with good buys when I'm trying to work. I'm really busy and have a lot of responsibilities and it's hard to concentrate when I keep getting interrupted with good buys you post or you won't stop setting yourself up for cheap shots.

It doesn't mean that I like you any less when I ask you to cut it out until I'm done working.
You say you're looking for a mech or 2. This is what I get for helping a young lady out? JEEEEZ! (That didn't sound too full of shit, did it?lol)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Here's a weird one - there is a CASAA moderator on ECF.

Only been peeping over there because a there is a doomsday essential for sale in their classies I can't afford but am trying anyway.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oye - I'm almost afraid to speculate on that one but I'm guessing it involved the words fuckwad and at least one dead body, lol.
Well... I was talking to her about it. She said no... Whilst she was railing on I ordered one.... Then she asked me what a $35 PayPal charge from yesterday was about! LOFL

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well... she doesn't seem to be injured, but she's definitely off her feed; she didn't eat her breakfast canned food this morning, so after a whole day of nothing to eat (from home), now she won't eat her "suppie", shredded chicken lunch meat that my husband always gives her at night. Don't know what's wrong. :(

Andria

Andria, get her to a vet tomorrow. Cats deteriorate quickly when they don't eat. Damn, I have feline critical care here, wish I was closer. Do you have any canned food that's mush? You can mix water in to thin it and syringe it into her.

I saw a Ragnarok for $52. If it's still there next week I might snag it

I have one.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thought y'all would like this
e2d9a7ea8f24dca45260d989bbf99df0.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, get her to a vet tomorrow. Cats deteriorate quickly when they don't eat. Damn, I have feline critical care here, wish I was closer. Do you have any canned food that's mush? You can mix water in to thin it and syringe it into her.

I have one.

I think all her canned food is pretty mushy. We were just gonna watch her, see how she does tomorrow -- not letting her out. We don't really have a regular vet for her; always took her to Planned Pethood for her shots and regular preventive care. I really hate to think how much a vet would charge.

Andria

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I think all her canned food is pretty mushy. We were just gonna watch her, see how she does tomorrow -- not letting her out. We don't really have a regular vet for her; always took her to Planned Pethood for her shots and regular preventive care. I really hate to think how much a vet would charge.

Andria

I know. Pete cost me $279 today. But, large birds are about $250 for a checkup. They tend to hide illness so you have to do bloodwork and gram stains.

Yes, I spend $1k a year just on annuals for the birds :huh:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Andria

What I did for Sadie was take some canned food, mix water in to make it thin enough for the syringe, and warm it some in the microwave. Try to get 30cc in her every 3-4 hours. Sadie took it really well despite having no interest in eating on her own.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

My boy Rascal yearly check up is usually around $200. I never understood why a vet cost so much. A doctors visit for myself only runs $125

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What I did for Sadie was take some canned food, mix water in to make it thin enough for the syringe, and warm it some in the microwave. Try to get 30cc in her every 3-4 hours. Sadie took it really well despite having no interest in eating on her own.

Well as I said, we're just going to watch her very closely, and see how she does. I found a website with good info about when to know you need to take your cat to the vet ( http://cats.lovetoknow.com/Cats_Illness_Symptoms ), and it says if she won't eat for 48 hrs, or seems ill in any way for more than 24-36 hrs. She's not vomiting or having excretory issues -- my husband just cleaned her box, and he said it was normal. She's not coughing or sneezing at all, or scratching more than her norm; she *looks* perfectly normal in every respect, but seems subdued.

I've mentioned how "fraidy-cat" she is; our thought is that something traumatic happened to her while she was out and not responding to our calls this evening -- a fight with another cat, chased by a dog, maybe up a tree, or into some space that she was afraid to come out of -- she literally is scared of everything, pathologically so, so it's entirely possible that just some emotional trauma like that took place, and it was only after it had been dark for several hours that she felt safe enough to come out and return home. I was petting her earlier and she was purring, which I thought was a good sign, but when my husband and I both came around, she jumped down from her chair and went under his bed, like "quit fucking with me!"

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I swear, it reminds me of when our son was a baby, and all he could do was scream -- so frustrating! I even recall one time hollering, hurry up and grow up and learn english so you can tell me what's wrong! :D

Of course, once you have a baby at home for a few months, that intuition develops, and you can tell just by the sound of the cry exactly what's wrong -- and that endures, even with other people's kids -- you can tell the diff between a hungry, sleepy, in pain, or pissed off cry, immediately. Unfortunately cats don't cry the way babies do.

Andria

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My boy Rascal yearly check up is usually around $200. I never understood why a vet cost so much. A doctors visit for myself only runs $125

Well, my doctors generally spend 10 minutes with me, and usually I tell them why I'm there. Doc, I have a sinus infection. Ok, let me look at your nose, throat and feel your glands. Here's a script, bye.

The animals don't tell the vet what's going on. Pete was there 2.5 hours today while we ran tests and analyzed the results.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How old is she Andria?

Almost 5.... arbitrarily, since she was a stray who turned up as a kitten, we estimated her birth around June 1, based on her size and apparent development when she turned up. And she's been fully vaccinated, for pretty much all the usual stuff that cats get vaccinated for.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, my doctors generally spend 10 minutes with me, and usually I tell them why I'm there. Doc, I have a sinus infection. Ok, let me look at your nose, throat and feel your glands. Here's a script, bye.

The animals don't tell the vet what's going on. Pete was there 2.5 hours today while we ran tests and analyzed the results.

Did they figure out what's wrong with him?

Andria

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Did they figure out what's wrong with him?

Andria

He's hormonal, which causes this anaerobic process that has put his gut bacteria out of whack.

But, we are happy to see his liver and kidneys are showing normal results now because they weren't previously. And his heart sounds better than it ever has in the 5 years I've had him. Since he has severe heart disease, that's great news.

He has to take an antibiotic for 14 days, which sucks because he is awful to give meds to.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He's hormonal, which causes this anaerobic process that has put his gut bacteria out of whack.

But, we are happy to see his liver and kidneys are showing normal results now because they weren't previously. And his heart sounds better than it ever has in the 5 years I've had him. Since he has severe heart disease, that's great news.

He has to take an antibiotic for 14 days, which sucks because he is awful to give meds to.
Roxy, how old is Petey?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Sounds like good news then... even though you have to give him meds, at least it's something treatable.

Andria

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Sounds like good news then... even though you have to give him meds, at least it's something treatable.

Andria

Yes, relief! It's amazing he's still alive. You should see his blood vessels. They are completely filled with cholesterol.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Since I got this mobile phone, I'm fooling with more social media crap, just to see if I can figure out its vast appeal to the mobile phone crowd. so I just joined Pinterest, and found a truly brilliant funny, which so completely applies to me.

3e36ab5eefc677851e58148a493a96ab.jpg

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nite Inspects, GFY

Anyone having trouble falling asleep tonight might want to check this shit out:

http://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/ucm281147.htm

Mind numbing but there are nuggets of info to be gleamed

Doubt if I will have to read that to go to sleep tonight. Been a busyish night at work. We got done around 11 ish tonight and I looked at my step counter and was 5K steps short of the daily goal so off to walking I went. Tomorrow is suppose to be also busy so after midnight I went and did another 5K steps of walking to get a jump on tomorrows tally.
Right now I am hoping I can stay awake long enough to cook and eat some bacon and eggs. :confused:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Doubt if I will have to read that to go to sleep tonight. Been a busyish night at work. We got done around 11 ish tonight and I looked at my step counter and was 5K steps short of the daily goal so off to walking I went. Tomorrow is suppose to be also busy so after midnight I went and did another 5K steps of walking to get a jump on tomorrows tally.
Right now I am hoping I can stay awake long enough to cook and eat some bacon and eggs. :confused:

Chow down Doc, and GFY if you aren't too tired :)

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've gotten my cool fire iv plus and boy am I loving it! I got the whole kit with the iSub Apex. I've been taking my first direct to lung hits and OH BOY! Ohhh I love this setup! I've been playing with the watts and airflow ALL day while teaching myself to directly inhale to the lungs. I think I got it just perfect @ 30 watts with the airflow halfway open. I'm in nirvana!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors