Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've gotten my cool fire iv plus and boy am I loving it! I got the whole kit with the iSub Apex. I've been taking my first direct to lung hits and OH BOY! Ohhh I love this setup! I've been playing with the watts and airflow ALL day while teaching myself to directly inhale to the lungs. I think I got it just perfect @ 30 watts with the airflow halfway open. I'm in nirvana!

You becoming a lunger? "Now you're breathing right!" :)

Tried the cheap squonk kit here. The RDA on it give me no choice but to be a lunger. It has a chuff cap and no adapter or way to fit a regular mouth hit 510 drip tip. Got to working a little with the RSST and figured how to draw lung hits from it. I'm spoiled now. I have a lot of trouble going back and using mouth hits. My evod tanks are collecting dust.

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apex is a good tank except for the big window fogging up all the time and you cant see the level of juice. Only way is to turn it sideways and check threw the little slot. Even on the best day it is hard to see level threw the tiny slot. Perhaps in a warm climate or in summertime it wont get foggy. Living in an igloo it is always foggy for me. LOL

Tol

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nite Inspects, GFY

Anyone having trouble falling asleep tonight might want to check this shit out:

http://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/ucm281147.htm

Mind numbing but there are nuggets of info to be gleamed

"Liquids that do not contain nicotine or other material made or derived 192 from tobacco, but that are intended or reasonably expected to be used with or for the human 193 consumption of a tobacco product, may be components or parts and, therefore, subject to FDA’s 194 tobacco control authorities."

Oh well thank god that e-lquid that has NO nicotine and nothing to do with tobacco at all, are also considered tobacco products.
MIND.....................BLOWN

Edit: Oh wait, they are NOT Tobacco products but they still get to control them as such.
MUCHE better

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning beautiful people! GFYs! My bosses imposed internet restrictions are already causing problems because I don't have access to my email! Long story! Anyone who loves temp control really needs to look at the Hohmwrecker G2! Mic drop! Bill out!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tol

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning beautiful people! GFYs! My bosses imposed internet restrictions are already causing problems because I don't have access to my email! Long story! Anyone who loves temp control really needs to look at the Hohmwrecker G2! Mic drop! Bill out!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Looks like a great device but outside of my vape budget. Especially without knowing if I can even legally own and use it in the not so distant future.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Good morning and GFY!

I just bought the original Hohmwrecker because it's $130 off with code WRECKER130OFF from Vapor Cube. So $49.99 plus shipping. I would rather have the G2, but I'm not so picky when stuff is on clearance.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good morning and GFY!

I just bought the original Hohmwrecker because it's $130 off with code WRECKER130OFF from Vapor Cube. So $49.99 plus shipping. I would rather have the G2, but I'm not so picky when stuff is on clearance.
The only VW/TC mod that currently interests me is the Hohm Slice. Maybe a RX DNA200 too lol

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' gang... yeah I know it's nothing of the sort, GFYs. :D

Update on my sweet kitty: my husband said she ate a few bites of her breakfast -- better than nothing! She was awake when I got up, lying on the living room rug, and when I came in here and opened the vertical blinds over the sliding glass doors, she followed and took up her perch looking at the backyard. She went back into my husband's room while I got dressed, whether to have a bite to eat or to use the box, I don't know, but she came back to the sliding doors when I came back in here, and I when I petted her, I could very clearly hear the Tuxie motor -- her purr has always sounded like she swallowed a miniature Harley! Now she's lying in another of her usual spots, atop my library book bag right next to my desk -- she's always been very fond of that bag for some reason. :D Might be something as simple as the fact that it's usually my husband carrying it for me, so the handle has his scent -- she's very definitely a daddy's girl. But at least she's acting a *bit* more like her usual self; she might be a bit under the weather, or perhaps she was traumatized as we suspected, but she seems to be coming back to herself. Still keeping an eagle eye on her!

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, an even better update on my sweetie: she did finish her breakfast; when I went into my husband's room, I saw the bowl was empty, so that's terrific. And she was talking to me a little, wanting to go out into the garage, so now she's curled up in one of her "cat traps" (cardboard box!) out there. :)

Andria

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of people are blowing off steam right now and that's a good thing.
I wonder how the steam blowing goes at ECF with all the censorship.
They wouldn't even let me have this avatar, saying it's offensive.
Offensive against whom the FDA? Fuck the FDA.
Seriously WT(EC)F?

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, an even better update on my sweetie: she did finish her breakfast; when I went into my husband's room, I saw the bowl was empty, so that's terrific. And she was talking to me a little, wanting to go out into the garage, so now she's curled up in one of her "cat traps" (cardboard box!) out there. :)

Andria

Glad your fur baby is going to be ok!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Seriously WT(EC)F?

Then, some of us understand that while it might be reasonably and humanly be alright to blow off some steam, also understand that jobs can be lost over doing that, lives ruined. Yes, have had such experience unfortunately. Fortunately no legal charges were perused, it was enough I was terminated from a decently paying job.

There is a better way to handle frustration too. Use the energy from the frustration to do something constructive. You may even use it to further your goals against your opposition. Energy is energy and can be used as a neutral resource. Think about the lyrics from a Marlyn Manson song.

Seem to scream when darkness fills my eyes it's no surprise
Fail to see the tragic turn it into magic

Dope Hat

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/marilyn+manson/dope+hat_20089047.html

Yes, all this frustration leads to darkness filling the eyes. Quit focusing on whatever tragedy is making the frustration come to fill your eyes with darkness. Instead, take what is tragic, turn it into something to be reckoned with, turn it to magic. Create, stop destroying. Any fool can destroy, and often does. It takes courage, takes balls, takes smarts to create. Hating is too fucking easy.

You can also find this taught in many religions, philosophies. One I return to a lot is a martial art known as akido. It teaches using an enemy's momentum against them. Let them rush in and step aside letting them hit the brick wall behind you for example. At that point you need not fight them at all, they'll realize the stupidity in trying to fight you, you'll step aside again. People dislike pain and continuing to smack into brick walls is painful.

Onward Ho

In this case, we might look at establishing an independent lab to offer discounted studies of products. This lab could be staffed by volunteers and ran as a non-profit consumer based research facility. It could remain independent in that volunteers could not be allowed to do two rotations of say three months continually. So, you got a volunteer doing a few hours of lab work every day for about three months, then, the next volunteer takes on the next three months.

The industry could support this simply by adding ten percent to juice and equipment sales costs. This would be used as both a slush fund to buy equipment for the lab, the facility itself, pay utilities as well as be split out to help with legal defense of the consumer industry. If these studies are then given to the FDA, all the needs to do is read them, rubber stamp them or not. The FDA nor Big Tobacco do not get a cut from selling research because the research is done for them.

From what I've read, the FDA is only asking for studies which fit their template. Fine. They are not saying you need to pay them (The FDA) for the studies. They are not regulating the costs of the studies. All they are saying is the studies need done and they need to follow their guidelines. Fine. So, let us still self-regulate. Oh and if you think I exclude DIYers in this, no, add in ten percent on costs for even the DIY products.

So, you got an RDA that normally sales at $10, it'll sale at $11 instead. That extra bit goes to the research, legal defense group. Later on when these are robustly established, a portion might go to marketing, PR, for example televised PSA explaining the benefits of vaping over smoking, and the need of responsibility with it.

In short don't hate the FDA. Let's embrace them. Let us do their work for them. Hell, we can bombard them with all kinds of studies on every product we use. We can offer studies on PG, VG, Nicotine. Load them down with all this research and then let them digest it, rubber stamp or not. If they show they're not playing ball fairly, then we use the legal department to sue them until they realize they're going to hit brick walls.

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then, some of us understand that while it might be reasonably and humanly be alright to blow off some steam, also understand that jobs can be lost over doing that, lives ruined. Yes, have had such experience unfortunately. Fortunately no legal charges were perused, it was enough I was terminated from a decently paying job.

There is a better way to handle frustration too. Use the energy from the frustration to do something constructive. You may even use it to further your goals against your opposition. Energy is energy and can be used as a neutral resource.

In this case, we might look at establishing an independent lab to offer discounted studies of products. This lab could be staffed by volunteers and ran as a non-profit consumer based research facility. It could remain independent in that volunteers could not be allowed to do two rotations of say three months continually. So, you got a volunteer doing a few hours of lab work every day for about three months, then, the next volunteer takes on the next three months.

The industry could support this simply by adding ten percent to juice and equipment sales costs. This would be used as both a slush fund to buy equipment for the lab, the facility itself, pay utilities as well as be split out to help with legal defense of the consumer industry. If these studies are then given to the FDA, all the needs to do is read them, rubber stamp them or not. The FDA nor Big Tobacco do not get a cut from selling research because the research is done for them.

From what I've read, the FDA is only asking for studies which fit their template. Fine. They are not saying you need to pay them (The FDA) for the studies. They are not regulating the costs of the studies. All they are saying is the studies need done and they need to follow their guidelines. Fine. So, let us still self-regulate. Oh and if you think I exclude DIYers in this, no, add in ten percent on costs for even the DIY products.

So, you got an RDA that normally sales at $10, it'll sale at $11 instead. That extra bit goes to the research, legal defense group. Later on when these are robustly established, a portion might go to marketing, PR, for example televised PSA explaining the benefits of vaping over smoking, and the need of responsibility with it.
You can blow off steam while also doing something constructive.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seriously WT(EC)F?
Wait, there was a thread where SJ listed a bunch of words that were now acceptable (various British insults primarily) and I thought wankers was on the list. As was chode.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
5acdff4108e2b1b1ccb3422ef4ea55a5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors