Status
Not open for further replies.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Short tale:
Friday my old friend Chris called out of the blue babbling about some IEMs he just got (In ear monitor). He is a speaker designer as well. Basically he was dumbfounded. Eventually he said "I'm sending you a pair" and hung up. I thinks "that was strange" and go on my way.

Today they show up in the mailbox. A new pair from Amazon. So I put them on sit down and fire up my reference tracks.... FUCK ME!!

I'm used to 700$ reference cans and 1200$ reference IEMs and you don't want to know what my 9.2 reference system is worth so when I say these are something special keep that in mind.

So I go on Amazon to see what these cost, I'm expecting 100-200$

my jaw hit the floor...

http://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-Piston-III-Headset-Earphones/dp/B00V9RKSAA

I won't say these are reference quality, but for what they are... Holy shit they are good.

Last edited:

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Short tale:
Friday my old friend Chris called out of the blue babbling about some IEMs he just got (In ear monitor). He is a speaker designer as well. Basically he was dumbfounded. Eventually he said "I'm sending you a pair" and hung up. I thinks "that was strange" and go on my way.

Today they show up in the mailbox. A new pair from Amazon. So I put them on sit down and fire up my reference tracks.... FUCK ME!!

I'm used to 700$ reference cans and 1200$ reference IEMs and you don't want to know what my 9.2 reference system is worth so when I say these are something special keep that in mind.

So I go on Amazon to see what these cost, my jaw hit the floor...

I won't say these are reference quality, but for what they are... Holy shit they are good.
I'm a huge headphone fan. I had to dial back that hobby because they're so expensive. But a good pair of iems can be completely incredible. People always ask me how they could really sound THAT much better than a 30 dollar pair, but really, once you actually hear them it's like night and day and theres no going back..

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a huge headphone fan. I had to dial back that hobby because they're so expensive. But a good pair of iems can be completely incredible. People always ask me how they could really sound THAT much better than a 30 dollar pair, but really, once you actually hear them it's like night and day and theres no going back..

Do you have the Piston III ?

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Do you have the Piston 3 ?
No, I haven't tried them. But that's interesting that they give that good quality at that price. Are they BA? I'm guessing not? In my experience the lower range BA headphones sound like crap, and the higher range dynamic drivers can't compare to higher range BAs. But lower range dynamics can sound good, and I'm assuming that's what the pistons are?

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, I haven't tried them. But that's interesting that they give that good quality at that price. Are they BA? I'm guessing not? In my experience the lower range BA headphones sound like crap, and the higher range dynamic drivers can't compare to higher range BAs. But lower range dynamics can sound good, and I'm assuming that's what the pistons are?

They use a sandwiched Ti single driver. I would compare these to SE315s

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They use a sandwiched Ti single driver. I would compare these to SE315s
I'll have to give them a try, I really shouldn't be wearing my nice ones out and about. I also used to wear them at work when I drove heavy machinery, but that was also a really bad idea. It'd be great to have some cheaper ones for being on the move with

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Short tale:

So I go on Amazon to see what these cost, I'm expecting 100-200$

my jaw hit the floor...

Been looking for some good earbuds, will have to give them a try

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Testicular fortitude
tumblr_n8ebb9PE5Z1rkpfcgo1_500_zps692sokvl.gif
Swang those thangs:D

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning/afternoon fugee's and GFY :)

Last night at work was a little better, instead of walking in tomy apartment at 3:52 am, I actually made it for 3:38 am. A whole 12 minutes early :giggle:

Currently we are down to 4 helicopters assigned to the base I work at and two mechanics. Walked into work yesterday and 3 of them was broken :xD: and two extra helicopters to replace the broken ones, so another brutal night but was able to take it easy on the arm :) The young guy I work the flight line with is a good guy and understands about the arm. If we can get this last broke helicopter operational tonight then the next two days should be easy!

Last night I was so tired that I cooked some bacon and eggs and was sitting here in front of my lap top eating my breakfast and dozed off with 2 pieces of bacon still on the plate. Woke up a little after 5 am and was like damn, to fall asleep with bacon still on the plate is a crime! :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle: So I ate the evidence :teehee:

Hahahaha!! Evidently, it was good bacon. REALLY glad to hear that they are going to be understanding at work. It takes a REALLY long time to heal itself, but the other options, well, there are no other options really. You might want to bring in donuts. :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hahahaha!! Evidently, it was good bacon. REALLY glad to hear that they are going to be understanding at work. It takes a REALLY long time to heal itself, but the other options, well, there are no other options really. You might want to bring in donuts. :)

I figure more than a few rounds will be on me when this work hitch is over :cheers:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I go to sleep ... With food on the plate I wake up and the plate is perfectly clean ??? I just scratch my head and put the dish back in the cover.......
uploadfromtaptalk1465248435620.jpeg

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Check out kidney puncher, I personally prefer them over temco if I'm talking about wires that aren't ours (we don't have .1mm ribbon yet, so I don't mind recommending the competition) kidney puncher, the ribbon comes off the spool very straight and flat, which is important in my experience for the staples

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Roger that, copy and will proceed as directed. I've seen Kidney Puncher have a lot of bits and baubles what are handy. Got a sweet looking upgrade kit for the RSST. They are in AZ. Quick ship to WV. Takes maybe two days via standard FC post. Know this because surprisingly Mt. Baker shipped my last bulk juice order from AZ, & Mt. Baker is HQ'ed in WA, or was.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Roger that, copy and will proceed as directed. I've seen Kidney Puncher have a lot of bits and baubles what are handy. Got a sweet looking upgrade kit for the RSST. They are in AZ. Quick ship to WV. Takes maybe two days via standard FC post. Know this because surprisingly Mt. Baker shipped my last bulk juice order from AZ, & Mt. Baker is HQ'ed in WA, or was.
WAS

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

"Ah, soooooo ... moves shall he when trained my ICBM Nic-o-Dick was targeted on Puget Sound to rob him of Hawk Sauce."

In June of 2015 Mt Baker Vapor announced that the company was moving from Bellingham, WA to a new home in Mesa, AZ (You can read the full announcement here). The move was made due to legislative pressure from Washington Governor Jay Inslee against the vaping industry.

--> https://www.mtbakervapor.com/about-us/

Had not read that page for a bit. Must do better at such things. * notes to self *

Got more weed-eating done. More for morrow. Seems a constant now that season has changed. Oh well don't mind so much. Reckon I'm just a foolish coolie with lots of dreams.

Also told witch I do soon need to go see the ear folk in town. I was listed as about half deaf eh, five or six years ago. It' is only getting worse. Goober me not wearing ear gear while doing anything. I just go and do without the bother. No reversing what's done & and if I do go deaf least I'd enjoy the silence.

We ate at our local Chinese place today while out getting supplies. My fortune read; "I am always doing that which I cannot do in order that I may learn how to do it." Wife smiled and nodded, said it pegged me. When attempting the disability filing, the doctor for the *chuckles* court *chuckles* said she was surprised I had managed to do even half of the things I had/have/do do. The *haha* judge *haha* asked her to explain how I could, the doc was at a loss.

My wife just laughed. "Nobody told you you couldn't, and you didn't know you couldn't. Or, someone told you that you couldn't and you did it to spite them."

Yeah. Catches up.

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I used to vape the shit outta their Butterscotch juice lol

Wish I could find a decent butterscotch DIY recipe. I tried mixing many but none really are keepers. Wish i could make a real good vanilla pudding vape too. I bought some once that every vape was like eating a spoonful of Hunts vanilla pudding but so far I am able to make a decent vanilla vape but nothing that good.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wish I could find a decent butterscotch DIY recipe. I tried mixing many but none really are keepers. Wish i could make a real good vanilla pudding vape too. I bought some once that every vape was like eating a spoonful of Hunts vanilla pudding but so far I am able to make a decent vanilla vape but nothing that good.
I know next to nothing of DIY. One thing I do know is that FW is the butterscotch to get

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Me either. It's really something I'd like to get into. Don't even know where to start though. Id be tempted to buy 50 different flavors to play with, haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I'm a simple dude. A good Peanut Butter Vape, a good Butterscotch , maybe a fruit custard, & I'd be happy

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ask Huck....LOL My 555 recipe has that as one of the flavorings
I will, its me though. I love hazelnut as an ingredient in food. for whatever reason, as a vape its just not liked me. I'm the same way with lemon vapes too. I love lemon in food,... but cant vape it.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will, its me though. I love hazelnut as an ingredient in food. for whatever reason, as a vape its just not liked me. I'm the same way with lemon vapes too. I love lemon in food,... but cant vape it.

+1. If it isn't subtle, with a very creamy profile, it cuts like a knife.. LOVE the flavor, just can't stand that BURN. Lime, Pineapple and whatever other citrus flavors as well. Orange tends to be a lil gentler.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Liking the Classic Tobacco Smoke fro V4L. Enjoying the Fruit Breeze too. It uses a mint, not menthol, which is a bonus for the polycarbonate tank of the RSST. Yesterday doing a recoil of it, noted I was missing an O-ring on the underside of the top deck. Found one and put it in. Been doing a lot better for not spilling over the outside of the tank.

Hawk Sauce was a juice tossed at me to get me going. Tried some EC Blends stuff, ... Some of it was at least okay. See many who love it. Figure it is just me not having good sense of taste from no sense of smell. More inclined to let textures be my flavors. With juices as we use, that is kind of limited. Do enjoy the menthol like flavor to a degree. Since it tears up polycarbonate, don't mind mints instead.

A good chocolate flavor to me taste/feels silky and sweet but overly sweet. It could have a hint of darkness in it and still suit me as long as not bitter. I cannot eat peanuts yet can and do enjoy creamy PB. I like Chocy PB cups. :) Also like the old school kind with marshmallow as well.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
+1. If it isn't subtle, with a very creamy profile, it cuts like a knife.. LOVE the flavor, just can't stand that BURN. Lime, Pineapple and whatever other citrus flavors as well. Orange tends to be a lil gentler.

Don't let orange's soft touch fool you. It can still pack a punch if it is blended well, or even on its own if handled wrong.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I found that too.. orange and melon... I love melons.

of all type cant discriminate against the melons

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Strange, I'm mixing up a batch o melon juice and y'all are talking about makin juice.

*puts on foil hat*

:crazy:

No I'm not... Stop that emoticon yellow tennis ball thing.

Wait, what are emoticon tennis ball things? Do they have really tiny legs?

:stars:

I don't see any.. Huh

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone here watch Rizzoli and Isles, on TNT? They've moved to Mon night... 2 hr season premiere tonight, starts at 9.

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy Mackerel! Just read a blurb on the news about an app for T-Mobile customers called T-Mobile Tuesdays. Every Tuesday, they give away something free for EACH line (I has 5) with the app. Sometimes a pizza, sometimes a DQ, whatever. Tomorrow?! A FREE SHARE of T-Mobile. Worth $45 EACH. So THAT'S 5 shares. Existing customers also get TWO free shares for each referral they bring in. So if y'all want to switch to T-Mobile....
Screen+Shot+2013-08-09+at+11.20.16+AM.png

Yes, I'm a SWAG whore...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors