Become a Patron!

ECF Refugees!

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MD_Boater..... Good to see you here. I could tell when you "weaned" yourself off the other forum. I missed your posts. I guess I did the same. It can be addictive, these forums. Its really great to see so many familiar faces joining here everyday.

Thank you. I never realized that anyone noticed I had tapered off on ECF. The last 2-3 months I have only hung out in the DIY forum. Great bunch of folks in there. I have to admit that the other factor is that it's boating season, and I rarely go online when I am on the boat.

I've always enjoyed your posts as well. Looking forward to being here with you.

Borescoped

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Heh, I'm not banned or anything like that, but I normally just keep my ass in REOville and in one other thread, other than that, I don't stray out into the wild.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you. I never realized that anyone noticed I had tapered off on ECF. The last 2-3 months I have only hung out in the DIY forum. Great bunch of folks in there. I have to admit that the other factor is that it's boating season, and I rarely go online when I am on the boat.

I've always enjoyed your posts as well. Looking forward to being here with you.

is this some sort of bromance? :p

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hi whiskey :) by old school, i assume you mean mired in the 1950's.

never had seen that video before. funny stuff. too bad none of those mods would see any humor it it.
laugh3_smiley.gif

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hi whiskey :) by old school, i assume you mean mired in the 1950's.

never had seen that video before. funny stuff. too bad none of those mods would see any humor it it.
laugh3_smiley.gif

Old school meaning a few of those guys aren't mod/admin there anymore, its maker (MM) I haven't seen in ages produced a wonderful rendition in 2009 just a year before I joined up over there. My how things have changed~

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Old school meaning a few of those guys aren't mod/admin there anymore, its maker (MM) I haven't seen in ages produced a wonderful rendition in 2009 just a year before I joined up over there. My how things have changed~

well if you see him, tell him he needs to make a new one for 2014. there are a couple newer mods there that REALLY need to be roasted. ;)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny thing is, the staff ran that on ECF and joked and laughed about it, then got pissed at themselves for running it and deleted it after 300 posts liking it from its members. ironic~
Toddlers

Rapture

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello. Banned from ECF for mentioning the word "ebay"

Multiple posts edited for "complaining"

I thought I was just being picked on at first until I saw this thread and forum.

Never really used ecf that much anyways.

alex31804

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im not exactly a refugee from ecf, however i did have account there. But i never even made a post, after looking through threads i could see there was drama and people on high horses, so i decided against posting. Came here and after lurking around, i came to the conclusion this is the community to be a part of. No Bs here, only helpful people and helpful information!

Liu

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm guessing my account over there closed for inactivity by now. I gave up giving a damn about posting there after I was threatened for suggesting that an atty stand that somebody made at work could probably sell. Not even an offer to buy one, or anything about a price, just chimed in that it was well made and could sell well....

It was kinda useful for the first three weeks I vaped, too.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am not a refugee but I am enjoying this forum nonetheless. Glad to be here and it's always good to have another resource for vaping info!

Also, it's nice to be able to say SHIT! when you need to :D

Rapture

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ECF makes no sense. Let's make an 18 and up forum but censor everything as if they were presenting there site to a class of 1st graders.

Ecf is a bunch of old school no it alls that are stuck in there own ways. Mention anything but a conventional vaping method and everyone freaks out.

I mentioned thinking about trying to research vaping caffeine and someone warned me about getting banned. Really? But you guys can talk about vaping your potentially toxic custard flavors all day.

Bunch of custard vaping vamo and clearomizer puffing hitler wannabe nazis.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most forums now are pretty lenient with the rules and language, ECF is the only one I know of now that censors adults like children anymore.

Depends on what the forum is for. Most (non-vaping) forums I patronize are actually pretty anal about profanities, because they're family-oriented. I'm okay with that, so long as the rules are explained and understood by all forum participants from the get-go.

*BUT* they don't censor non-potty mouth stuff, move threads, rewrite posts and change the rules as they go willy-nilly. To me, that's a big no-no: it may only be a silly vaping forum, but it still reeks of 1984.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to say that they only time that I was actually angry with ECF was when the forum owner was telling me that I was wrong about USP monographs as they pertain to VG. It would not have bothered me so much if I hadn't read it while sitting with a long time friend who happens to be a scientist in his office at USP's Rockville, MD headquarters.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i am so over it now, but last year i received a temporary ban and a response from mr. roly to my protest. i was treated like an insolent child, but maybe i was. but still.....

but like i said, i am over it.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just found this thread. Not sure I'd describe myself as a refugee even though I haven't been there in a long time. I disappeared from online forums for quite awhile. Because of a death in the family got overwhelmed with busy because of working on taking over family business. However, before I disappeared from online I did start hanging out more on other vape forums because of the drama at ecf.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not quite a refugee still look on ECF but done with the petty bullshit and flame wars on there so hello all

CafeDigitalDiva

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not exactly a refugee, but getting really tired of all the hand slapping. This place looks great, and I'm glad I found it.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im going to go to your thread to talk to you so I don't hijack this thread too much.

CafeDigitalDiva

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow! I miss it there so much. I used to live in Maplewood, right next door to Brentwood

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More of a lurker from ECF. Recent threads are all over the place there. Certain posts being deleted, and others kept to make reading confusing and almost sound like an agenda. People calling out claims and then having those posts removed or being attacked. Makes absolutely no sense, especially for being their size.

Borescoped

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
More of a lurker from ECF. Recent threads are all over the place there. Certain posts being deleted, and others kept to make reading confusing and almost sound like an agenda. People calling out claims and then having those posts removed or being attacked. Makes absolutely no sense, especially for being their size.
Reminds me of a certain thread about selling their "healthy" titanium wires, and someone claiming that kanthal/nichrome was bad for you, so you should buy the Ti wires (NR-R-NR or spooled).... but not backing up their statement about the K1/NC wires. I could give 2 shits about the claims on the Ti wires... but if you are going to make a bold claim as that kanthal A1 is bad for you, better back it up.

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reminds me of a certain thread about selling their "healthy" titanium wires, and someone claiming that kanthal/nichrome was bad for you, so you should buy the Ti wires (NR-R-NR or spooled).... but not backing up their statement about the K1/NC wires. I could give 2 shits about the claims on the Ti wires... but if you are going to make a bold claim as that kanthal A1 is bad for you, better back it up.

You don't like the explanation that kanthal A1 is bad and titanium is good? Backed up by I don't make money on this information but I am selling the wires. <sarc> Funny how you knew exactly about one of the threads I was talking about without even having to say it.

jonan69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not a refugee but might be a defector after hearing they were censoring vj and vu. VJ has saved a lot of us vapers some cash over time and to censor someone who helps us out is like being a traitor. After all we are a community and should help and support each other. That's what these forums are for is it not?

cigbuyer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've learned a lot from ECF over the past few years, but it can be a bit overwhelming and it's full of ridiculous rules. For example, I was forced to change my screen name (cigbuyer) because it was the name of my website... WTF! Glad to be onboard the VU train... WHOOP WHOOP!

plinsday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I made it! Escaped from ECF and found something much better! Hello all!

VU Sponsors