Not open for further replies.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We request transport they never miss. So we get back from our lil trip, next day Oldest isn't feeling good but we go to get his IVIG done and they won't do it, Turns out he is running a fever and BP was high. His Dr tells him come to his office at 7pm, go to DR get sent to ER (kinda glad they did not send us to Madison last night). They put him in ICU he has pneumonia, blood clots forming in his lungs (even tho he is on blood thinners) BP still to high and blood sugars ranging between 250 and 400. WTF they have no clue whats going on. Just another day in paradise whats next????
Whoa! Damn... Will be saying prayers..

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
We request transport they never miss. So we get back from our lil trip, next day Oldest isn't feeling good but we go to get his IVIG done and they won't do it, Turns out he is running a fever and BP was high. His Dr tells him come to his office at 7pm, go to DR get sent to ER (kinda glad they did not send us to Madison last night). They put him in ICU he has pneumonia, blood clots forming in his lungs (even tho he is on blood thinners) BP still to high and blood sugars ranging between 250 and 400. WTF they have no clue whats going on. Just another day in paradise whats next????
Oh my that sounds nasty :(

Dammit_Janet

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
The week hasn't gotten any better. I did not think the loss of my son-in-law would affect me so much. We did not have much of a relationship. I just can't stop worrying about my daughter and grandchildren.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This time of year is always puts a squeeze on my finances. Lots of things due like auto registration, house insurance, fill propane tank for winter, over $4K for hay for horses, and already did the transmision thing two months ago. Another $4K I really didn't have handy. Still paying for the back surgery.

And I'm going to get boo'd but I hate X-mas. So, there is that................. :D

Dammit_Janet

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
You raised her so she must be a good strong person and will pull through and y'all are getting a ton of prayers from here
Thank you, Thayer. More than anything I am concerned about her legal status. In Saudi Arabia she has no rights as a non citizen. She has to have a sponsor. They could make her leave the country without her kids.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
236912d1398847934-chat-thon-thread-1708694621_1362526215.png

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you, Thayer. More than anything I am concerned about her legal status. In Saudi Arabia she has no rights as a non citizen. She has to have a sponsor. They could make her leave the country without her kids.
wow sorry hun,

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This time of year is always puts a squeeze on my finances. Lots of things due like auto registration, house insurance, fill propane tank for winter, over $4K for hay for horses, and already did the transmision thing two months ago. Another $4K I really didn't have handy. Still paying for the back surgery.

And I'm going to get boo'd but I hate X-mas. So, there is that................. :D
I love Christmas, its about family and giving I never look for anything under the tree, My kids and I usually go threw stuff we have not used for awhlie or cloths that are to small and bring them to shelters. My oldest use to take half his presents and give them to kids in the hospital. Giving is more then just things its also time, time spent with family and friends can be priceless

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Read this US Citizenship and Immigration Services page it should help if she was married to an American citizen:

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gre...ard-through-special-categories-family/widower

If that does not apply, give me more details and I'll see if I can't find other info that will help.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Damwow, @Just Me, @Thayer and @cherrycakes, I don't pray but you are in my thoughts and I hope that all of and your loved ones are doing/feeling better soon.

@Time I can relate (although nowhere near the level of @Just Me...) I have about $10k in medical bills stacked on top of a $4k past due tax bill for state taxes and really starting to wonder what the next steps are now that I'm on long term disability and don't really have any options for trying to bring in any extra cash because of the adverse impacts that any income would have on my disability insurance and pending SSDI.

I finished maxing out the credit cards to cover the cost of a new Mac laptop because my daughter's college requires a Mac for her new degree program combined with a couple of presents for my son and some small tokens for the wife. Really feeling bummed about how few things the kids will have to unwrap this x-mas :(

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
" The true meaning of Christmas is the celebration of this incredible act of love.
The true meaning of Christmas is love.
I use to get bummed about how much I can put under the tree as well but I have a very different outlook these days.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Damwow, @Just Me, @Thayer and @cherrycakes, I don't pray but you are in my thoughts and I hope that all of and your loved ones are doing/feeling better soon.

@Time I can relate (although nowhere near the level of @Just Me...) I have about $10k in medical bills stacked on top of a $4k past due tax bill for state taxes and really starting to wonder what the next steps are now that I'm on long term disability and don't really have any options for trying to bring in any extra cash because of the adverse impacts that any income would have on my disability insurance and pending SSDI.

I finished maxing out the credit cards to cover the cost of a new Mac laptop because my daughter's college requires a Mac for her new degree program combined with a couple of presents for my son and some small tokens for the wife. Really feeling bummed about how few things the kids will have to unwrap this x-mas :(
Thank you hun.
How is the little one doing??

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

@InMyImage Are these property taxes? Some governments allow you to request an abatement of your taxes due to hardship. When your county or municipality abates your taxes, you don't owe them anymore, and you're in no danger of a tax sale or foreclosure. However, you have to prove your case, which usually involves convincing your government that you have only enough income to meet your basic living expenses. If you have a SSDI lawyer, he/she could help with this and possibly get them to agree to put a lien against your expected back pay. When you get the back pay, your lawyer would cut a check directly to them to cover it.

Do you have a mortgage? Are you good with your lender? You can ask them to help too.. If it turns into a lien, and an investor buys the tax lien against your property, then forecloses on it, this can complicate things considerably for your lender. Some lenders will buy the tax lien for this reason, rather than allow it to go to a third party. Your lender will then add the taxes to your mortgage balance.

VapeOn86

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello everyone:) so I'm finally pretty much over being sick. Everyone on here who is or loves someone who is sick or hurting, whether it be physically, emotionally, financially or any other way...is in my continued thoughts and prayers. *hugs for everyone*

VapeOn86

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry we haven't had the contest yet, but we are still having it. I'll put up the official announcement as soon as we iron out a few details. In the mean time, Guide to Vaping is having a huge "Best of 2014" poll, and while I would never tell anyone who to vote for, Vaping Watch and Watch himself are up for quite a few categories. :) even if we/he don't win, I just think you should all have the opportunity to vote. :) So here is the link : BestOf2014. So anyway, vote your truth and have fun!!!!

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love Christmas, its about family and giving I never look for anything under the tree, My kids and I usually go threw stuff we have not used for awhlie or cloths that are to small and bring them to shelters. My oldest use to take half his presents and give them to kids in the hospital. Giving is more then just things its also time, time spent with family and friends can be priceless

I dread Christmas. From the day after Thanksgiving to Dec 26, I'm waiting for it to be over. And I guess I won't say why on the open forum as it could offend in an unintended way. Christmas can be very,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,uncomfortable.

VapeOn86

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BTW, @VaporWatch is just going by Watch in the polls and his show is "The Vaping Watch Show". The category we think Vaping Watch just might have a shot at if we get the word out is "Best Customer Service". Thanks!!!

Thayer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@VapeOn86 just to let you know about the blended lotus it's the first floral vape I do like at first taste it was like a horehound candy then after a bit it reminded me on holiday potpourri smell and a nutmeg almond ginger taste with a floral kick like pine

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
BTW, @VaporWatch is just going by Watch in the polls and his show is "The Vaping Watch Show". The category we think Vaping Watch just might have a shot at if we get the word out is "Best Customer Service". Thanks!!!
I voted for him everywhere i could Hope it helps!!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you hun.
How is the little one doing??
he seems to be improving, but it will be a few more days before we decide if we can send him back to school.

he started homebound on Monday and it went really well. he actually hugged his resource teacher when she arrived which is a big deal :)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@InMyImage Are these property taxes? Some governments allow you to request an abatement of your taxes due to hardship. When your county or municipality abates your taxes, you don't owe them anymore, and you're in no danger of a tax sale or foreclosure. However, you have to prove your case, which usually involves convincing your government that you have only enough income to meet your basic living expenses. If you have a SSDI lawyer, he/she could help with this and possibly get them to agree to put a lien against your expected back pay. When you get the back pay, your lawyer would cut a check directly to them to cover it.

Do you have a mortgage? Are you good with your lender? You can ask them to help too.. If it turns into a lien, and an investor buys the tax lien against your property, then forecloses on it, this can complicate things considerably for your lender. Some lenders will buy the tax lien for this reason, rather than allow it to go to a third party. Your lender will then add the taxes to your mortgage balance.
No we haven't been late on any bills (yet) and the tax bill is state income tax. I misunderstood the taxability of my disability income because it turns out that if your private insurance is paid with pre-tax income it is fully taxable instead of being tax free if it is paid with after-tax income, which is plain stupid.

This was compounded by taking a 401k disbursement to pay off some bills to balance out the inflow/outflow ratio after taking a 33% pay cut which pushed us into a new tax bracket and didn't have enough state taxes witheld. :(

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry we haven't had the contest yet, but we are still having it. I'll put up the official announcement as soon as we iron out a few details. In the mean time, Guide to Vaping is having a huge "Best of 2014" poll, and while I would never tell anyone who to vote for, Vaping Watch and Watch himself are up for quite a few categories. :) even if we/he don't win, I just think you should all have the opportunity to vote. :) So here is the link : BestOf2014. So anyway, vote your truth and have fun!!!!
Done and nominated him for Biggest Supporter and Best Customer Service too.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm... hope they do some normalization of the database then because I voted for "VapingWatch" "Vaping Watch" and then nominated "Vapor Watch" and "VapingWatch" o_O

Thayer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To late dripping some 12:50 and yes @VapeOn86 710 is wow to I forgot about the contest vaping watch vape mail and I forget things my wife told me in crazy

Thayer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I almost cried today was unwrapping my bottles and my arm locked and dropped on on the floor and busted the hole bottom of the jar thankfully it was still in the bag so I picked it up nipped a tiny hole in the corner and drained it into an old 12:50 bottle and only lost about 2ml

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Morning!!! I feel you on the migrain mine started at 5am complete with vomiting yet here I am at work fun

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well son is going down for ultra sound of his heart and they are going to pull out the tubes they put in when they removed his port. They are thinking the tubes caused an infection now trying to see how far it spread. Life really is a bowl of cherries.

Glow'sDementia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have several thousand IV and draws and never once blew someone's veins I cannot understand the the amount of trauma the inept do trying to get the draws.
I actually had that happen to me a few years ago. Went in with pneumonia and one of the nurses didn't read the instructions right or just didn't know what the heck she was doing but she put a med that was supposed to be put into the iv straight into my left inner elbow(?) Sorry don't know the word in english and shot that vein all to hades. It still hurts sometimes like weird pulses and stuff and no blood can be drawn from it or anything. Good thing is i clocked her a good one that day and never saw her after that

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I actually had that happen to me a few years ago. Went in with pneumonia and one of the nurses didn't read the instructions right or just didn't know what the heck she was doing but she put a med that was supposed to be put into the iv straight into my left inner elbow(?) Sorry don't know the word in english and shot that vein all to hades. It still hurts sometimes like weird pulses and stuff and no blood can be drawn from it or anything. Good thing is i clocked her a good one that day and never saw her after that
My son was about 9 and getting yet another IV, we usually get transport but the DR said he was good 4 sticks later he finally got the iv in, he gets all exited yells "yes" and pulls it out when lifting his hand. My son looks up at him tells him to go back to a real medical school and get a nurse seeing as they obviously know more then he does then kicked the DR.
My husband had to walk out the room he went from wanting to strangle the DR to laughing and didn't want our son to think it was ok to talk to the DR like that.

Glow'sDementia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My son was about 9 and getting yet another IV, we usually get transport but the DR said he was good 4 sticks later he finally got the iv in, he gets all exited yells "yes" and pulls it out when lifting his hand. My son looks up at him tells him to go back to a real medical school and get a nurse seeing as they obviously know more then he does then kicked the DR.
My husband had to walk out the room he went from wanting to strangle the DR to laughing and didn't want our son to think it was ok to talk to the DR like that.
Lmao good for him i would've done a lot worse at that age! It's not easy especially when young to understand, really understand the whys of things and the pain and uncomfortable feelings. Lol but i would've loved to see that

Dammit_Janet

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lmao good for him i would've done a lot worse at that age! It's not easy especially when young to understand, really understand the whys of things and the pain and uncomfortable feelings. Lol but i would've loved to see that
Then you probably would have loved seeing him schooling the DR that sent us home after Our DR sent him to get a test done.
On a routine Dr visit his GI Dr felt he needed an ultrasound asap he was worried about appendicitis even tho he did not have the normal symptoms so we went down. The surgeon refused and sent us home. Next Day we go back and my son is wheeled off for an emergency appendectomy, the surgeon follows him in appologizing my son schools him telling him because he has CF the meds he is on were hiding the symptoms and tells the other surgeon (the one we usually deal with) he is refusing to get the surgery if the allow the other one in the room.
Needless to say the did not allow him in there and on the way in my son was sticking his tongue out brat that he was

Glow'sDementia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Then you probably would have loved seeing him schooling the DR that sent us home after Our DR sent him to get a test done.
On a routine Dr visit his GI Dr felt he needed an ultrasound asap he was worried about appendicitis even tho he did not have the normal symptoms so we went down. The surgeon refused and sent us home. Next Day we go back and my son is wheeled off for an emergency appendectomy, the surgeon follows him in appologizing my son schools him telling him because he has CF the meds he is on were hiding the symptoms and tells the other surgeon (the one we usually deal with) he is refusing to get the surgery if the allow the other one in the room.
Needless to say the did not allow him in there and on the way in my son was sticking his tongue out brat that he was
He sounds like the type of people I like, smart, witty, sarcastic and just plain funny lol

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
He sounds like the type of people I like, smart, witty, sarcastic and just plain funny lol
LOL he is, he is now 27 and still as stubborn with DRs as when he was 5 he will not allow them to do anything unless they explain the how whys whats and he fully understands.
You should have seen the things he said and did at school UGH
face-palm.gif

Glow'sDementia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL he is, he is now 27 and still as stubborn with DRs as when he was 5 he will not allow them to do anything unless they explain the how whys whats and he fully understands.
You should have seen the things he said and did at school UGH
face-palm.gif
Lmao, i don't have kids but i remember i used to be a p.i.t.a for my poor momma. She ain't here no more but now im a pain for my husband lol.. so i know..

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No we haven't been late on any bills (yet) and the tax bill is state income tax. I misunderstood the taxability of my disability income because it turns out that if your private insurance is paid with pre-tax income it is fully taxable instead of being tax free if it is paid with after-tax income, which is plain stupid.

This was compounded by taking a 401k disbursement to pay off some bills to balance out the inflow/outflow ratio after taking a 33% pay cut which pushed us into a new tax bracket and didn't have enough state taxes witheld. :(
And, that actually is a good lesson for those who think they might have to use a Disability Insurance policy.. If you never use your disability benefits, you'll save money by paying your premiums with pre-tax dollars. But if you do use your disability benefits, using after-tax dollars to pay your premiums places you in a better position as the benefits received are non-taxable and that amount is usually much more than you saved by paying with pre-tax dollars.

Demoniacal

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you @InMyImage, but her husband was a stateless Palestinian, as are her children.
This should help a little for your daughter's situation, taken from the INS website:
In a general, a Child Born Outside the U.S. is a Citizen at Birth when the Child’s Parents Are Married to each other at the Time of Birth IF...AND...
Both parents are U.S. citizens at the time of birth,
At least one parent lived in the U.S. or its territories prior to the birth.

One parent is a U.S. citizen at the time of birth and the birthdate is on or after November 14, 1986
The U.S. citizen parent had been physically present in the U.S. or its territories for a period of at least five years at some time in his or her life prior to the birth, of which at least two years were after his or her 14thbirthday.

If the U.S. citizen parent spent time abroad in any of the following three capacities, this can also be counted towards the physical presence requirement:

• Serving honorably in the U.S. armed forces;
  • Employed with the U.S. government; or
  • Employed with certain international organizations.
Additionally, time spent abroad by the U.S. citizen parent while the U.S. citizen parent was the unmarried son or daughter and a member of the household of a person who meets any of the three conditions listed above can also be counted.

If I read that correctly, her children are actually dual citizens and they should be protected under US Embassy in that situation.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What happened in here!!! Its like everyone disappeared!! Come on ppl keep this thread alive!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors