Become a Patron!

ENDED-Win! Win! Win! Huge UD Balrog TC Kits Giveaway by HeavenGifts----------1/21/2016

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Artemis No issues, no leaks, fairly decent airflow for a tank. Loving the heat fin.
Actually this could give my mom's subtank a run for it's money and with a top fill it is bonus score.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In still waiting for DHL ITS 6:22 PM and they're still not here :( its out for delivery but damn. It does say end of the day but how late?

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In still waiting for DHL ITS 6:22 PM and they're still not here :( its out for delivery but damn. It does say end of the day but how late?

I'm in the same boat man. Been waitin all day!

Thanks! Vape on

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know
I was assuming around 4:30 or 5:30 local time would be the latest

Thanks! Vape on

Ding

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I got another mod and they didn't deliver till 7 ish.sometimes they will deliver at/till 8:30 pm DreThey may wait till first thing manana.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got another mod and they didn't deliver till 7 ish.some time they will delier at 8:30 DreThey may wait till first thing manana.
It's 6:45 here they have came at 8 pm before

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If its dhl they can come as late as 8

as long as I've got you we will get thru

Ding

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's 6:45 here they have came at 8 pm before

it'll be hard pressed not to kiss him when he delivers.I puckered and he beat feet.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I live an hour away from the main dhl hub in Newfoundland so I'm afraid that they have subcontracted it out to a smaller courier. UPS did that to us at Xmas time with one of the kids gifts. We had to track it down ourselves 2 days before Xmas eve

Thanks! Vape on

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
it'll be hard pressed not to kiss him when he delivers.I puckered and he beat feet.
Lol I'll probably just grab the mod sign all while staring at the package and just slam the door lol

Ding

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol I'll probably just grab the mod sign all while staring at the package and just slam the door lol

which package.don't give him false hopes now..:)

Reactions: dre

Ding

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Heaven Gifts Got here super fast, first impressions is this.
Dead out of the box, the battery door magnets not secured in the device.

The tank is pretty good tho.
just tell Evan and you'll have a new one just as fast.BN

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm still waiting on mine.. BTW if tracking says forwarded for delivery that means it's been handed over to usps and could still be a few days cause we all know how shitty usps is.. that's what's happen to my package. But heavens gifts was awsome about the shipping time and much respect to them.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm still waiting on mine.. BTW if tracking says forwarded for delivery that means it's been handed over to usps and could still be a few days cause we all know how shitty usps is.. that's what's happen to my package. But heavens gifts was awsome about the shipping time and much respect to them.

This is the last update on mine. I'm guessing it's still with them but maybe they passed it off to Canada post.
a5c4295f7c955a7e2adbbbfb299a8330.jpg

I agree @heavengifts did amazing on their end!

Thanks! Vape on

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine just updated with scheduled for delivery whatever that means

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well its been put on hold due to weather which is bull shit the main roads are clear and side streets are not bad I'm mad

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm using the mtl 1.8 coil right now. One thing I can say is the tank is quiet. I hate tanks that are loud. Yes, a frinking pet peeve of mine. If I want to go stealth I don't want the tank whisteling on me. So far, the flavor is good. Hell, I might even try out the 0.5 ohm coil for shits and giggles. I will need a brand new battery before I do that tho.
mom hated the subtank on .5 but loves this.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@BigNasty one of the magnets on mine came off too, not so good on the battery door section. I did notice that the positive is the spring loaded side on the battery connection, which I find not so good, spring could always dent the positive or not make good contact. Stuck batteries in at first and was like this is dead, then I realized oh, for some reason unlike kanger they put the spring on the positive instead of the negative battery. Made 0 sense to me to do that. Mine seems to work fine but battery life IMHO could be better, but it may be my old batteries as well.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just got mine!
My mod works best kind and everything seems to be where it belongs.
The tank is currently taking a bath while I bring my daughters juice boxes to her at school. I couldn't get the top cap off where you full it though.

Thanks! Vape on

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Comment does not belong in this vendors contest thread (removed)

Last edited by a moderator:

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got it all together and the flavor is out of this world compared to the nautilus mini also being this is the only other tank I've used.
There is lots of airflow. I've been vaping it fully closed and still feels looser than the biggest on the nautilus. If it continues to perform like this then I have no complaints. The tip cap was a little hard to get off at first but I may have been doing it wrong.

Thanks! Vape on

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In the manual they actually call the 1.8 coil the flavor coil

Thanks! Vape on

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A huge thanks to @Heaven Gifts !!!! I got my UD Balrog Kit yesterday afternoon, very impressed with their service and how quickly I received it. I want to share a few pics and early impressions. I will write up a follow-up review in the appropriate forum in a few days, once I've had a little more time with the kit.

First off, Heaven Gifts did a fantastic job in packing the kit for shipping, very well protected. I could have thrown the package against the wall and no harm would have been done to the package. UD did a nice presentation of the kit, a very attractive and high quality box.
balrog5_zpsw5knznz8.jpg
balrog6_zpsbowpfsxc.jpg

The kit is a very high quality made product, the fit and finish are excellent. The mod is powder coated, it is very nice looking and very comfortable in the hand. All the tolerances are very tight, very little gapping, no button rattle and the battery door has absolutely no play or wobble. The battery door fits nice and snug, doesn't wiggle even a little bit, but still pulls off with ease. The battery fits nice and snug inside, but there is a con as it does not have a battery pull tab in the compartment. A pull tab would have been nice, since the battery is very snug inside and over time I can see where it may be easy to tear a battery wrap while trying to grasp and pull it out. The mod does have a USB charger if you prefer not to use an external charger. The included USB charging cord is very short and of excellent quality, much better than cords included with other mods I have used. I like that the ends of the USB are slightly magnetized, the ends will stick together when not in use and get tangled up.

The mod is very compact and comfortable and would make an excellent choice for those that prefer smaller mods. The buttons are nice and clicky with no play or wobble, very responsive. The perlicue fire button is easy to finger or thumb fire, especially thumb fire thanks to the contour of the device. The fire button extends across the front and is easy to use. I would recommend to turn off the mod if putting in a pocket or purse since the button can be fired from an angle. The lanyard and pin are high quality and threading are smooth. I really like that the lanyard has a quick-release clip so you easily remove the mod from the strap without having to remove the lanyard pin.

The tank is very well machined with no rough edges or threads. It breaks down very easily for cleaning. The tank is very compact and goes well with the mod. The airflow is decent, but this tank is not for lung hits, it is made for MTL vapers. The drip tip is insulated and short, but also comes with a heat sink that helps keep your lips from the top of the tank. I tried several of my DT's and all fit snugly, that's good for those that like to use their own DT's.

The kit includes 3 coils 1.8 kanthal, 0.5 kanthal and a 0.15 NI200. I tried using the 0.5 kanthal, but had issues with it wicking. I primed the coil, filled the tank and let it sit and soak for about 20-30 minutes before trying it. I tried drawing on it without firing to ensure the coil was saturated and then started in a low wattage. I still couldn't get it to wick properly, kept getting dry hits and could tell I was just going to singe the cotton if I kept trying. I switched to the NI200 coil and primed it the same way and let it sit to saturate. The NI200 coil was worked just fine, think I got a defective 0.5 coil.

The TC worked great, I tried a couple other of my tanks with a NI200 build as well and the mod performed flawlessly. The screen is small but bright and easy to read, the functions are very intuitive, except that I do need to learn the use of the temperature sensitivity function. I would have like to see a "lock" icon when the resistance is locked and the ohms are rounded. It displays as 0.2, but it sets the resistance at 0.15 as it should. The flavor on the NI200 coil seemed muted at first, but the flavor has improved on the second and third tanks. It doesn't produce big clouds, but this made to be a mouth to lung tank. I will try the 1.8 coil later and see how that produces. So far, I really am enjoying the mod. It's easy, fun and very comfortable to use.

balrog1_zpsipbmzfnt.jpg

And some size comparisons

balrog4_zpsvs2ib1pn.jpg

Very similar in size and functions to the iPV D2, but lighter, less expensive and nicer build quality.

balrog2_zpskf8gdien.jpg

Thanks @Heaven Gifts !!!

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree it looks good but now have to jump through the video loop of trying to film a dead mod.
@Heaven Gifts Granted it is free the damned thing is dead, out of the box failure. How to you want me to video of mashing the buttons with a battery in it to show that it is dead?
Not sure I want to risk my battery and hand for a failure mod that does not turn on.
Just tell me where to send it.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Roadtrip635
Did you experience any leaking while refilling or at any other time? I've heard some people say that they have. I haven't gone through a full tank yet so I haven't had to refill.

Thanks! Vape on

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They gave it to an independent courier in my case

Thanks! Vape on

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Roadtrip635
Did you experience any leaking while refilling or at any other time? I've heard some people say that they have. I haven't gone through a full tank yet so I haven't had to refill.

Thanks! Vape on
I don't have any leaking, but you do have to be careful refilling because of where the fill holes are in the tank. You just have to make sure the bottle tip is in the hole properly and tilt the tank or juice will spill into the chimney. It was a little tricky with one bottle since the tip was a bit short, but with other bottles or droppers it was fine.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The 1.8 is recommended for 15 to 22
Is there any problem running them lower than that or should you stick to the recommended

Thanks! Vape on

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 1.8 is recommended for 15 to 22
Is there any problem running them lower than that or should you stick to the recommended

Thanks! Vape on
You should be able to run it lower, but there is a point that it's too low and not enough power to heat the coil. Play with the watts and find your sweet spot. With a new coil I always start low and slowly adjust from there. It helps to break in the coil and make sure you don't burn or singe the cotton.

Ding

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Roadtrip635

Thanks! Vape on
leaking may vary from each tank but if for any reason you take the bottom off,like to add or remove a coil,make sure you retighten the coil again as it comes loose when you unscrew the bottom which leads to a unseated O ring/coil.Just one of the problems that may happen.I don't have that set up BUT I have a similar tank, a target and it will do that if I don't retighten the coil down before putting the bottom back on or it just may be the coil flooding/bad coil.

Last edited:

Ding

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@heavengifts. I received the balrog 70. The tank is a very flavorful tank. It's been very easy to fill. It's a very well out together starter kit. Thank you for the gift ;)

woot @dre

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone having problems with their tank not wicking.. I even mixed up 60/40 pg/vg juice just for this tank and am only vaping at 15 watts.. dry hits all day even with ni200 tc..

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not here. I've been between 11 and 16 with the 1.8 since about 11 this morning with no dry hits. I did however notice a drop off in flavor after about 1/4 of the tank, no dry hits tho
Did you try closing the air flow completely? I noticed an increase in flavor doing that

Thanks! Vape on

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have to completely close air flow pull hard to get juice in the coil.. then I get about 5 pulls and it burns dry.. even tc mode burns the wick pretty decent b4 no liquid warning pops up.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's strange. Most people have been using the .5 from what I've seen and they love it. I'm using the 1.8 like I said and it's better than my nautilus mini. I haven't heard much on the ni coil tho.
I'm currently laid off so generally as soon as there is a post in this thread or the MTL thread I'm following, i read it pretty quick...lol

Thanks! Vape on

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn this tank nor wattage is my style at all and I just put in the .5 ohm coil head and at 25 watts I have to say this is an enjoyable vape.. I'm impressed I haven't had a Mc nugget tank that preformed like this...well ever. Idk what's up with the ni200 coil heads but the .5 is nice..

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been running the .5 with milkman which I believe is max vg at 38w. I've ran two tanks with no dry hits.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been running the .5 with milkman which I believe is max vg at 38w. I've ran two tanks with no dry hits.

Yeah I haven't had any dry hits and I tested this .5 coil chain vaping at 30 watts till I nic overdosed. Now I feel like shit lol.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How have you found the battery indicator on the mod? Accurate? This is my first mod with a separate battery and don't want to damage the battery. Should I swap or charge it before the screen says battery low? The book says it has a cut off of 3.3V

Thanks! Vape on

VU Sponsors