Become a Patron!

ENDED-Win! Win! Win! Huge UD Balrog TC Kits Giveaway by HeavenGifts----------1/21/2016

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Between the surgery it was out of mind.
Last word I got it was being sent up the line and that was feb 7

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
@Heaven Gifts ... The mod was DOA... Why was this not replaced?

Heaven Gifts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Sponsor
Unlisted Vendor
So after not much response from @Heaven Gifts to the doa balrog they sent me.
I took matters into my own hands.
Armed with electrical knowledge I can in fact say the temp protection works. UD had a second set of buttons arcing the board and melting stuff to it.

Those small adjustment buttons were in place but there was another set in the housing arcing stuff out.

So no word from @Heaven Gifts since after chinese new year with vid.

BAAAAD UD qc. What they sent me was dangerous and glad it worked correctly not blowing up.
@Heaven Gifts ... The mod was DOA... Why was this not replaced?

Sorry for the long time of our after sale processing.
We have arranged the shipment for the replacement.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Okay, so after having mine for awhile a few things. #1 I had to glue both top magnets back on the mod to hold the battery door on, easy fix but still not something you should ever have to do, and #2, which is the weird one. The displayed output wattage and voltage applied don't always match according to my nifty little ohms law app, which would be understandable if it were hitting the amp limit but I'm not sure what the amp limit is, 15 I'm guessing. For example a 0.5 coil at 40 Watts often displays 3.9 v, which is closer to 30w and like 8 amps according to my calculator. It's weird, but it does seem to work okay.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got the replacement.
As normal super spooky fast shipping, packed super amazing.
Honest it is one of the better feeling little mod I have held in my giant paws, the magnets in the replacement are solid.
Fired up and turned on as it should, played with the tc with the .15 ni chrome head in the atty. I am a lung hitter but the tank works and works well.
Normal power mode is straight up and works, the lanyard and size makes for a nice stealth set up for out and about.

Now need to pick up some Ti wire and test out the drippers in tc.

Hats off to @Heaven Gifts for the support and follow up.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Got the replacement.
Honest it is one of the better feeling little mod I have held in my giant paws, the magnets in the replacement are solid.
Fired up and turned on as it should, played with the tc with the .15 ni chrome head in the atty. I am a lung hitter but the tank works and works well.
Normal power mode is straight up and works, the lanyard and size makes for a nice stealth set up for out and about.

I really like the tank a lot. Both are pretty much in my daily rotation.

Okay, so after having mine for awhile a few things. #1 I had to glue both top magnets back on the mod to hold the battery door on, easy fix but still not something you should ever have to do, and #2, which is the weird one. The displayed output wattage and voltage applied don't always match according to my nifty little ohms law app, which would be understandable if it were hitting the amp limit but I'm not sure what the amp limit is, 15 I'm guessing. For example a 0.5 coil at 40 Watts often displays 3.9 v, which is closer to 30w and like 8 amps according to my calculator. It's weird, but it does seem to work okay.
I'm a low wattage vaper, but I've noticed that the difference between 9.8 watts and 10w feels like a much bigger difference than it should. As you said, it does work ok, but wasn't expecting that much difference in 0.2 w.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What kind of batteries are you guys/gals using in the Balrog? I had some old sony 4s and 5s and I think they are near recycle time.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Samsung 25R's are all I use in mods...except when going crazy low on unregulated mods...then its the HB6's

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Got the replacement.

Awesomesauce!!
@Heaven Gifts Thank you for getting this resolved! :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow! I just checked that place out. Is shipping price okay? A first class option? Thanks! Is this vendor also on Amazon?
I honestly don't know if he does Amazon. He's a member/has a subforum here, too. I felt the shipping was reasonable, you get free cases with each set you buy and I got my order fast. I recommend them anytime someone asks.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow! I just checked that place out. Is shipping price okay? A first class option? Thanks! Is this vendor also on Amazon?
Not sure on amazon but shipping is not stupid, good place and is my go too for batteries now.

OK some messing around with the Balrog... found a setting I think more should have in the system..
Sensitivity.. button firing sensitivity is just genius.

VU Sponsors