Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok so here's a question for y'all. What FA flavorings do you consider the sweetest?

I want to make a list.

(FA) flavorings to add sweetness:
Anise
Caramel
Fig
Guava
Honey
Jamaican Rum
Mangosteen
Maple Syrup
Marshmallow
Marzipan
Meringue
Papaya
Pineapple
Torrone

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
hey now.. HIC, you no like the guava??
I think i fell for Cap's Sweet Guava... hmm..
fa stucks then??

but I can not stand papay nor passion fruit so....
mangosteen reminds me of kiwi.. :D

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll try the TFA. Caps has an almost burnt/roasted peanut flavor. Not bad mixed with stuff at ~6-7%. I make nutter butter with it. Maybe I'll replace it with TFA.
Nutter butter?!? I've been trying to replicate "Vienna Fingers" since I started with FA, no luck at all. Cookie has a different kind of flavor to me, not sure how to to manipulate it to get the correct flavor...

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nutter butter?!? I've been trying to replicate "Vienna Fingers" since I started with FA, no luck at all. Cookie has a different kind of flavor to me, not sure how to to manipulate it to get the correct flavor...
I don't know WHAT you'd use for the cookie part of Vienna Fingers, let alone the "cream" part. I love them, but they're very dry tasting. They don't lend themselves very well to a vape version.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
hey now.. HIC, you no like the guava??
I think i fell for Cap's Sweet Guava... hmm..
fa stucks then??

but I can not stand papay nor passion fruit so....
mangosteen reminds me of kiwi.. :D

I despise guava in any form. I don't even like the word "guava".
I don't like kiwi in any form. Not even as candy.
Real passion fruit gags me, but I can vape a little bit. Ditto for lychee.
I don't like real papaya, but vaped in recipes (with pineapple!), I love it.
Real mangosteen is fruit of the gods. FA's flavoring is right, if mixed at the perfect percentage...finicky.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I despise guava in any form. I don't even like the word "guava".
I don't like kiwi in any form. Not even as candy.
Real passion fruit gags me, but I can vape a little bit. Ditto for lychee.
I don't like real papaya, but vaped in recipes (with pineapple!), I love it.
Real mangosteen is fruit of the gods. FA's flavoring is right, if mixed at the perfect percentage...finicky.

*snorts my pepsi and laughs :D damn!! :p

hmm the lychee.. tried it at various levels.. still not sure what to think on it..
but.. hmm.. head thumping for me.. just got things ready, I feel a few litters coming out tonight.. :)
just not sure what I want yet.. bottle smell time ;) <<best places to get new ideas!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Butbutbut, HIC you like Kaktus - and that is absolutely a lychee/rambutan flavor. In fact, I used to eat fresh rambutans off the tree in Singapore - very similar to lychee!

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You asked for it, you got it.... From the poor peoples candy kitchen :)

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/thunderballs-chick-o-stick.23508/

Thunderball's Chick-O-StickTFA

TFA Caramel Original 9%
TFA Peanut Butter 8%
TFA Cotton Candy 2%
TFA Brown Sugar Extra 1%
FA Coconut 1%
TFA English Toffee 0.5%

Sorry its not an FA recipie.

I don't see and Mary Jane or Reggae Nights in this recipe , so these are the Chick-O-Sticks without the roaches stuck to them? :p Dam !

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Butbutbut, HIC you like Kaktus - and that is absolutely a lychee/rambutan flavor. In fact, I used to eat fresh rambutans off the tree in Singapore - very similar to lychee!

You think so? They don't seem too similar to me. Prickly pear fruit doesn't remind me at all of (canned!) lychee and rambutan I've had, either. But canned lychee and rambutan taste almost identical to me. Maybe some day I'll be lucky enough to eat fresh rambutan in Singapore - I'd try it right off the tree, for sure!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A whole lotta good stuff in here today though.
Yeah. I always learn alot in this thread. Theres always something going on in somebodys brain that I havent thought about or mildly dismissed which makes me start thinking again.........just like the "sweetness" list.

Also Amanda has me wanting to go to Whole foods or an international farmers market and seek out Prickly Pear.... ;)

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
haha yeah I liked the list too. To be truthfull I haven't eaten half of the stuff I've been vaping but I know I would like it.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its been so quiet in here for the last 4 hours........................... WAKE UP !!!
Dude! Quit reminding me I haven't mix @wllmc's Dr. F'n Pepper recipe yet tonight...I'll get there!

I'd also mix your chick o stix if I wasn't so devoid of a deep TFA bullpen.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So.. any ideas on how to sweeten up spearmint? I think I may have to break down and try this sucralose that I've had forever and never used.
Maybe a bit of FW Candy Cane? Minty and sweet, only mint/kool/menthol 'like' flavor I have found 'good'. It's a change of pace for me.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What about a vanilla? I used to like that all the time but burned out on it.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe a bit of FW Candy Cane? Minty and sweet, only mint/kool/menthol 'like' flavor I have found 'good'. It's a change of pace for me.
Yeah, that's one I've always wanted to try but have never pulled the trigger on. One of these days I'll pick some up.:rolleyes:

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah. I always learn alot in this thread. Theres always something going on in somebodys brain that I havent thought about or mildly dismissed which makes me start thinking again.........just like the "sweetness" list.

Also Amanda has me wanting to go to Whole foods or an international farmers market and seek out Prickly Pear.... ;)
Better watch out for AmandaD! She's a big time enabler like the rest and will cause you to build a new shopping cart about the time your wife tires of constant vapemail!

Just look around the room at all the guilty eyes...Enablers!

Lol, of course she's awesome anyway because she is a fellow REONaut!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Better watch out for AmandaD! She's a big time enabler like the rest and will cause you to build a new shopping cart about the time your wife tires of constant vapemail!

Just look around the room at all the guilty eyes...Enablers!

Lol, of course she's awesome anyway because she is a fellow REONaut!

Me? HAHAHA!! (DId I tell you about my new SL/LP RED grand, hmm?) Vapemail is such a wonderful thing - it truly makes me happy. And it's cheaper than therapy.......

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its been so quiet in here for the last 4 hours........................... WAKE UP !!!

Too much work today for me.
Then feeding time.
No time for play :-(

vaping one day at a time

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Alright is this it? I went ahead and added marshmallow and caramel.

(FA) flavorings that add sweetness:
Anise
Caramel
Fig
Guava
Honey
Jamaican Rum
Mangosteen
Maple Syrup
Marshmallow
Marzipan
Meringue
Papaya
Pineapple
Torrone

Last edited:

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Me? HAHAHA!! (DId I tell you about my new SL/LP RED grand, hmm?) Vapemail is such a wonderful thing - it truly makes me happy. And it's cheaper than therapy.......
Hah, that's awesome you got the red SL/LP! I remember you saying you wanted an LP, is it the first in your arsenal?

Loving my copper vein LP! I started using HIC's light american CIG recipe in it, and have ended up vaping 3% Cuban supreme for the last couple weeks straight. Has become my go to rig as so many other warned it would. Trying to keep my eyes off the classifieds, and it's rough because great stuff keep showing up! Very interested in the new 510s!!!

Now, back on topic...been sampling the various FA tobaccos and its slow going so far. Tried about 7-8 so far as standalone and have found these both weak and mostly floral so far. Tried cigar passion, Tuscan reserve, Layton blend, camtel ultimate, and they all have too much floral going on for what I'm after. Cuban supreme is really good, but still a bit weak. Cowboy blend and mellow sunset are pretty good but still a bit light, and some floral.

All this weak, floral stuff is making me weary. I think I just happened to pick some of the weaker flavors to start with, but eager to try something bold. Hoping some of these others will kick me in the hind quarters.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hah, that's awesome you got the red SL/LP! I remember you saying you wanted an LP, is it the first in your arsenal?

Loving my copper vein LP! I started using HIC's light american CIG recipe in it, and have ended up vaping 3% Cuban supreme for the last couple weeks straight. Has become my go to rig as so many other warned it would. Trying to keep my eyes off the classifieds, and it's rough because great stuff keep showing up! Very interested in the new 510s!!!

Now, back on topic...been sampling the various FA tobaccos and its slow going so far. Tried about 7-8 so far as standalone and have found these both weak and mostly floral so far. Tried cigar passion, Tuscan reserve, Layton blend, camtel ultimate, and they all have too much floral going on for what I'm after. Cuban supreme is really good, but still a bit weak. Cowboy blend and mellow sunset are pretty good but still a bit light, and some floral.

All this weak, floral stuff is making me weary. I think I just happened to pick some of the weaker flavors to start with, but eager to try something bold. Hoping some of these others will kick me in the hind quarters.
I find the FA tobaccos to be the same as you describe. Adding a little TA dries them out a bit, but they're still a bit floral. On the other hand, the few INW tobaccos I have been much richer, and more dark and sticky. Try the Gold Ducat.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually, I do have Cotton Candy. I didn't even think of it 'cause I've never used it, lol. Now I'm gonna have to try it just to see what it's like.
Its a good sweetner to me. Heres what TFA says about it and what its derived from:

This is made from ethyl maltol, diluted to 10% in PG. It is not a strong flavor, since ethyl maltol won't dissolve in PG at higher concentrations. It is used as a mild sweetener and smoother for harsh flavors. Our Sweetener is sweeter than the Cotton Candy.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Its a good sweetner to me. Heres what TFA says about it and what its derived from:

This is made from ethyl maltol, diluted to 10% in PG. It is not a strong flavor, since ethyl maltol won't dissolve in PG at higher concentrations. It is used as a mild sweetener and smoother for harsh flavors. Our Sweetener is sweeter than the Cotton Candy.
I like EM as a sweetener. Much better than Sucralose. It sweetens and it really does smooth things out. I think you would have to use quite a lot of it to taste cotton candy.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like EM as a sweetener. Much better than Sucralose. It sweetens and it really does smooth things out. I think you would have to use quite a lot of it to taste cotton candy.
Yeah your right. Theres no cotton candy taste to it at all. I dont know why they call it that. In fact, I was so confused when I started DIY as to why TFA Had Circus cotton candy ( and might have been blue cotton candy at one time) and the regular cotton candy.
I bet I mixed up 20% of this EM cotton candy ( regular) a couple years ago and wondered where the cotton candy was at ? LOL

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I find the FA tobaccos to be the same as you describe. Adding a little TA dries them out a bit, but they're still a bit floral. On the other hand, the few INW tobaccos I have been much richer, and more dark and sticky. Try the Gold Ducat.
Will do! As good as FA has been for fruit, I find the tobaccos not quite to the same level...so far.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Will do! As good as FA has been for fruit, I find the tobaccos not quite to the same level...so far.
I must have had low expectations from commercial tobacco vapes. I thought FA tobaccos were all pretty good. I am not into the light and sweet ones but Tuscan, Cuban, Cigar I thought were all good. I really like Tuscan by itself at 2%. Maxx is a good mixer. I have Burley, Dark Vapure, and Perique Black on the way, kinda excited about it actually.

VU Sponsors