https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I received this rda the other day. My first thought when I saw it was, "its like a NaRda but better."
3094475C-CD96-4E74-9105-A4E544C2470A_zps1p2isaxq.jpg
0BAAD4BF-1CFC-45FF-BD78-DC0D2DD31711_zpsmjdnudos.jpg

I have to say, I like them both. However, the Hadaly, does have a slight edge on flavor and vapor production.
Additionally, the Psyclone mods, implementation of the clamp system makes it much easier to use a bigger coil.

I've always been partial to a single coil over a dual coil, as it gives me a similar vape, while letting me use less power, to conserve battery life. - just my personal preference.
C9EC05C1-78AA-46FD-9C07-EAEB4124A6ED_zpsuhajkleu.jpg

The Hadaly comes with a tight ss top, and a delerin driptip. Additional tops and drip tips are available at psyclone mods. They are both available in either ultem or delerin. The 510 pin on this atomizer does in fact protrude enough for me to feel safe using it on a hybrid; with mods these days, I find that to be something not worth recommending. It also comes with a squonking pin in the package allowing one to swap out the 510 for bottom feed.
74a68a46-3118-498c-a435-fa3c5eb07ce5_zpspbja2scg.jpg

The clamp system made the first build I put in it, a little awkward. I have a Goon, so I am not new to this style post; however, this was still awkward since it is held in by only one screw. It was trying to kick out my fused Clapton coil. I have put a few builds through it now, and it is certainly much easier to do after a very slight learning curve.
49F367FF-2FF2-48E6-A2FE-C9797FD51902_zpsaq9zjux8.jpg

The airflow on this is superb! I caution you, this is not by any means for huge clouds. This is for a flavor chaser. The draw is great from mouth to lung to a restrictive lung hit. The juice well is quite deep; however I do find it easy to over drip in. The four airholes(2 on each side) are angled in and come from up under the coil; which is installed, upside down in comparison to other mods. This coil placement allows the 4 angled air ports to directly contact the coil.
B73D4AE7-5AC8-41D7-88B8-5D0B6C57B6F5_zps0tj3wwxa.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
grazi

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was saving my pennies to get an O-atty, but I may just pick this one instead. Especially at less than half the cost , better build deck, and a smaller chamber.

bmclaurin

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Agree with OP's observations. I've had mine for several days now. With a fused Clapton, the flavor is very intense. Probably one of the very best single coil flavor atty's out there right now. Only con so far for me is juice capacity is quite limited and very easy to over drip.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Agree with OP's observations. I've had mine for several days now. With a fused Clapton, the flavor is very intense. Probably one of the very best single coil flavor atty's out there right now. Only con so far for me is juice capacity is quite limited and very easy to over drip.
that it is!
ive come to leave my wick tales a little longer than im accustomed to, fluff them up a little and make sure the air path is clear, then i seem to be less prone to over dripping, as the extra volume of cotton seems to suck it up efficiently enough.

nova jon

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So far I very much enjoy the Hadaly. I think the next step will be adding a squonker to the arsenal as it becomes quite evident the small capacity becomes a pain in the ass for a daily driver!!! Come on stop light becomes the mantra!!!!!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man I'm really digging this RDA, yep going to get another for the FDA Stash.

Super easy to build on, excellent flavor and it's really chucking plumage with a 0.25 26x2/38 SS fused Clapton. I'm very surprised!

59b464dc8205890d0fce0c4f3d5db145.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got one on the way, can't wait to try it out.
I may have a buddy make a couple clamps that are barely angled at the very end so it's got more clamping surface for a dual fused if it's not making full contact.

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't know how I ever missed this thread, but my Hadaly has been living atop my Therion BF nonstop since I got it. Single coil awesomeness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've got one on the way, can't wait to try it out.
I may have a buddy make a couple clamps that are barely angled at the very end so it's got more clamping surface for a dual fused if it's not making full contact.
I'm a ke to run dual fused in mine now without problem. I just clamp one side down first then slide the other side under it's clamp.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know how I ever missed this thread, but my Hadaly has been living atop my Therion BF nonstop since I got it. Single coil awesomeness.

That's why I hesitated on getting this, I know I'm going to finally have to pick up a squonk mod after I vape the hadaly for a while.
Coopervape is reasonable enough for getting a toe in the water to see if I like it but noooooo... I have tried and tried to find something under $100 that I'd actually want to vape with and I keep coming back to the Therion as the squonk mod that will TC how I want. Actually, I would be happy with a fsk, dna or 350j squonk box but any of those are going to be over $100 and at least one doesn't exist yet. So much for trying out squonking on the cheap lol.

Why oh why did I buy the hadaly :giggle:

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

That's why I hesitated on getting this, I know I'm going to finally have to pick up a squonk mod after I vape the hadaly for a while.
Coopervape is reasonable enough for getting a toe in the water to see if I like it but noooooo... I have tried and tried to find something under $100 that I'd actually want to vape with and I keep coming back to the Therion as the squonk mod that will TC how I want. Actually, I would be happy with a fsk, dna or 350j squonk box but any of those are going to be over $100 and at least one doesn't exist yet. So much for trying out squonking on the cheap lol.

Why oh why did I buy the hadaly :giggle:

I bought the Therion first and I'm so glad I got a Hadaly for it, it's a great match. All my other bf attires have been put away. The Therion BF really is a great mod. I have a very expensive custom bf (3 x as much) and I prefer the Therion hands down. Also had a Halcyion. Therions better.
And you mentioned the fsk, I have 3 G2's and still find myself rotating the Therion all the time.

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have quite a few squonks. My Hadalay is on top of my VT Inbox - prefer it to my Therion - I hate the battery case for the Therion.

I almost bought the vt inbox before. You're right. That battery case is ridiculous. Love everything else, though.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MMMMM think I found a great combination, my Hadaly Vapes and looks great on my Mutant.

You know, I've been really digging this little RDA.

IMG_20161217_222658_zpsuvhavgi5.jpg

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
MMMMM think I found a great combination, my Hadaly Vapes and looks great on my Mutant.

You know, I've been really digging this little RDA.

IMG_20161217_222658_zpsuvhavgi5.jpg

What a great match. And it is a great little RDA. I've only used mine squonking but I'm going to switch pins and try it out on a regular mod.

I see that box back there, got a genuine K5? I have one and it's great, too.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What a great match. And it is a great little RDA. I've only used mine squonking but I'm going to switch pins and try it out on a regular mod.

Yep, I have six SXK Clones so I thought it was about time to get an Authentic, loving it also ;)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

She's sexy too ;)

kayfun_zps5sxvuqqm.jpg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so, had this for a bit now.
Flavor is good, not knock your socks off good, but good.

My gripe...
The posts need to be more offset to allow more than a 5mm wide coil with straight legs. Where the legs need to sit into are just about 2mm offset from each other, fail. You either build a nano coil or tweak the legs in unnatural angles with multiple kinks that we moved away from a few years ago when 4 post attys replaced 3 post. Then came velocity that was another step forward in straight leg coil positioning.
I think V2 will address this and they will move the posts further offset (like aeronaut 2) to allow a more substantial coil without fucking around so much with the legs to get a decent size coil in there.
The angle on the top clamp, wtf... really?
Flat head screws? Are we still in the 60's?

I bought the sxk clone because it was such an odd ball atty I didn't want to spend $75 on something I wasn't sure I'd be into. Glad I only spent $11. I may spend $75 on the v2 when they make some improvements.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so, had this for a bit now.
Flavor is good, not knock your socks off good, but good.

My gripe...
The posts need to be more offset to allow more than a 5mm wide coil with straight legs. Where the legs need to sit into are just about 2mm offset from each other, fail. You either build a nano coil or tweak the legs in unnatural angles with multiple kinks that we moved away from a few years ago when 4 post attys replaced 3 post. Then came velocity that was another step forward in straight leg coil positioning.
I think V2 will address this and they will move the posts further offset (like aeronaut 2) to allow a more substantial coil without fucking around so much with the legs to get a decent size coil in there.
The angle on the top clamp, wtf... really?
Flat head screws? Are we still in the 60's?

I bought the sxk clone because it was such an odd ball atty I didn't want to spend $75 on something I wasn't sure I'd be into. Glad I only spent $11. I may spend $75 on the v2 when they make some improvements.
I really enjoy mine, it's authentic and I do like the angle on the clamp for it makes it damn simple easy to slip the legs in.

You ought to try the Yuri by Desire, the authentic is under $20. Very good flavor, excellent actually and it's a Velocity style posts.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do like the design, but the execution on post placement needed a couple minutes more thought.
IMO the plates angle is not really needed and leaves you with so little clamping area and the area that does clamp is pulling your leg even closer to the centerline. Or at least don't angle 50% of the plate...

I wish they gave me an extra plate to hand off to a friend and have him make a couple at his shop without that angle.
Maybe after I've played with it for another week I'll shelf it and give him one of the plates to use as a template. That will let me offset the legs a bit more but IMO it still needs the posts or plates a bit more offset.

Watch for it... V2 ;)

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe its how I vape, but I've been using that same fused Clapton build and using it on either a DNA mod or the Procyon around 45w and its still one of my top 3 go to rdas. The other two are the goon and petri.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do like the way it vapes, don't get me wrong. About the perfect airflow restriction, diminutive size, airflow placement and direction produces nice flavor.

I just think it could be so much better to build on with a couple tweaks.

I really enjoy mine, it's authentic and I do like the angle on the clamp for it makes it damn simple easy to slip the legs in.

You ought to try the Yuri by Desire, the authentic is under $20. Very good flavor, excellent actually and it's a Velocity style posts.

That yuri is interesting with kinda the same idea of air coming diagonally up to the coil.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It'll be curious to see what you do.
The Narda does have better flavor, but its sort of earned a place reserved for my REO, with a very simple build. Anything with real mass to it, is a pain in the ass.
The new 0-Atty sort LD peaked my interest but I'm passing on it.
I've been searching for a good single coil RDA for so long that this one still has me gushing.
About the only thing I would want different is something a bit larger so that it doesn't look dumb on top of larger Mod.

Even sitting on my vapor shark dna250 it looks like a pimple ready to pop.
That's why I try keeping it on the Procyon. The few times i use it on a DNA I stick it on an smy dna75.
IMG_20161223_000435934.jpg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
She is small. Was on the slice but the Nugget has more than enough punch for the twisted SS430 coil I've got in it now. Will need more power with a fatter coil but for now it's a great pair.

*clone*
20161223_093056-1.jpg

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First run at it, didn't want to take too much off but I can clean it up and take a hair more out of the channel.
Wire doesn't want to spit out the side now and the channel kinda helps guide the wire straight.
20161225_085020-1.jpg

I have been vaping single coil for years and really dig the Hadaly.
If you swap the clamp plates from side to side (flip them over) you can try them without the bevel. That worked nice for me on some jumbo alien clapton I installed. My coil was 0.17ohm and with a single 18650 that is just too much draw, I'm here looking for a coil to work with my Therion BF.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have one coming. Hoping to get parallel strands in.

I didn't overly research it. Had looked, and came across one 2nd hand.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Have one coming. Hoping to get parallel strands in.

I didn't overly research it. Had looked, and came across one 2nd hand.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
You'll love it doggie!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years
How are the clamps performing? I'm asking because I have a clone that I'm testing it before I spend more money on buying the real thing.

I do love this RDA clone. Flavor is fantastic. But my clamps aren't clamping down on simple coils. It's like they hold, then when I wick them, they wiggle out of the clamps. And I'm talking about basic wicks. (Also, for anyone considering the non-SXK clone from fasttech, word of advice: the spare screws don't fit.)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
On mine one the clamp holds fine.
It took a few builds to get it down, but right now it has 24g dual core Claptons in it

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years
I'll have to bring magnifying glasses with me to make the comparison. I had my hands on the real thing but didn't have time to inspect it. Materials and build-wise they 'felt' similar but i really want to inspect the clamps.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe try what TheJohnG did and flip the clamps over and to opposite sides?

I just ground a channel into the bottom side of the clamp area on my SXK and now have no problem clamping a 316L 26/32 clapton

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm really liking this atty, but I cannot afford the authentic in the quantities I need for my squonkers. So I ordered some of the SXK Halady from 3Fvape. They shipped really fast prior to the Chinese New Year close down. The arrived in LA then go to the LA USPS distribution center. They send it to Van Nuys who then send it to Albuquerque. WTF over, LA just needed to send the package to Fresno or San Jose. :gaah::cuss2::wait: I should of had the package yesterday or maybe today...:wait::headbang:

ETA: I got them today, USPS didn't do any scanning until my carrier left the package in my mailbox. Not seeing any scans I figured they were going to make the grand tour of the Southwest US... I gots me some cleaning and building to do!!!

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've read a few places that sxk/infinite and wotofo are the same company.

Not sure how true that is

BAM crew

VU Sponsors