Become a Patron!

Help im looking for a 100w+ Box mod? Any suggestions,

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's up peeps, New to the forum I have an istick50w and now I'm looking around for a 100w plus device any suggestions?

Last edited:

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm assuming the plus, heard the 100 was shït, with the pin issues, seems they fixed that with plus model

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The adjustable pin in the V2 is fine.

But the 100 + is where they deleted the screw holes on the door, and used a floating 510 pin. They also cut grooves in the side of the box. Not a fan of the grooves, and others have said it doesn't wrap well because of the grooves.

Me? I'd buy the 150 for a few bucks more. Next box I buy will be the 150 watt, unless they come out with something mind-blowing soon.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've also been looking at the Smy and the luxyoun V2 smaug box both look very nice, I'm leaning toward a 150w box to be satisfied for awhile, don't really want to end up like indoorsmokers with a shelf worth of mods lol

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would not recommend the Smaug. I got a V1, and the chips in them are not all they are cracked up to be. There have been several problems with the V1 and there seems to be NO customer service.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crap., I really like it the V2 is said to have supposedly worked the bugs out but not to much info on it

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's up peeps, New to the forum I have an istick50w and now I'm looking around for a 100w plus device any suggestions?

Mr. Pink

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ipv3 is still good and the ipv4 is coming out first week of april may be worth waiting for if you want 100w and temp control (not a fan personally of temp control) sx350 box mods can go to 100w now so you could do a diy hammond or buy a high end one like the BMI which opens preorders now or next week cant remember. luckily you have alot of options and you cant go wrong with any for the most part

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the big hands contact issues doesnt sound so good, I've been debating most of these mods, ipv for me I don't think I'm a fan of the tiny fire buttons altho the 165w upgrade is there but wouldn't be firing this high anyway. the sigelli seems nice but the 150 Just seems plain(altho a wrap or the rubber skin could fix that) I'm digging the smaug 150 V2 is bad ass looking has mixed reveiws from the first version.. All mods are around 100 to 150, so the struggle is real lol

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The reasoning behind the god is for that extra battery also for as I chain Vape like a boss lol but being YouTube is about the only way for me to see these mods, my local b and m is only a couple miles they seem to be a little behind the new mod curve, hell I got my I stick 50 a month before they received it lol. I looked the other day and I seen the jellyfish in there and I was like really? Lol inaccurate as all he'll from What I've seen.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ipv3 is still good and the ipv4 is coming out first week of april may be worth waiting for if you want 100w and temp control (not a fan personally of temp control) sx350 box mods can go to 100w now so you could do a diy hammond or buy a high end one like the BMI which opens preorders now or next week cant remember. luckily you have alot of options and you cant go wrong with any for the most part
If a may temp controll regulates the temp of the coils? Is it to help with various juice mixes, or to "help" with burn hits? I've beenvaping a few month so a little bit noobish still lol

Mr. Pink

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice, any thoughts on the god mod? Or Smy in general
i have the God Mod 180 its not great and ive heard troubling things about them catching fire, i think this is do to the middle battery taking way more weight than the other 2. its bulky as hell so you wont ever want to take it out of the house lol. also i hate the 510 and if you want 3 batteries they're better choices now

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info man, deffinatly helps I mostly will be around Iowa max probably but the head room will be nice for multiple builds and what not I run my I stick 50 at 50w most of the time battery life is good and is fine for on the go with work but I kill it pretty quick chain Vaping at home, any recommendations of sites where I can compare mods?

Mr. Pink

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If a may temp controll regulates the temp of the coils? Is it to help with various juice mixes, or to "help" with burn hits? I've beenvaping a few month so a little bit noobish still lol
i have a DNA40 and i personally think its a joke because its not like you wont ever get a dry hit and the clouds are weak if you ask but it is a good stealth mod for if your at a friends party and dont want to be obnoxious and have been drinking so you dont want to drip every few tokes. honestly i rather just have any of the subtanks out there instead of temp control. also the ipv4 may be better than the dna at it bc mines software is buggy as hell but that said i feel like you wont ever use it when you have 100w at your disposal
side note there may be some crazy big nickel coils builds that can handle high watts its just yet to be seen

Mr. Pink

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
eciggity is a good site also fasttech allows you to compare alot of mods

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had my hands on a "God box" and first impressions were it is shit. QC on the mfg is shit, the buttons are loose and rattle like a dollar store toy. And there's hundreds, if not thousands of posts on ECF and other places of people getting them and having to dig loose screws out and reinstalling them. Screws on batt door? Like they won't ever need taken out to be charged? Really? The box a coworker bought needed a spacer between the 510 connector plate and threaded sleeve to keep the plate tight, otherwise any atty screwed on moved 1/4" and it almost shorted out the wires running to the 510. Not even taking into consideration that more than one has been tested and put out nowhere near 180w.....Total fucking garbage. Anyone that would buy something like that needs their head examined. /endrant

On the other hand, I've had a 150 sig going on 4 months now. Not a single problem with it. Solid, tight little device. Only complaint about it is above 50w it eats up battery power, but whatever. Only time I'm up that high is for showing off.

+1 for Sigelei

If you're really, truly shopping for a box mod, do research, read your ass off, and decide what's important for you. Someone else's perfect box might be exactly what you're NOT looking for.

Last edited:

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome man I think it's a bit bulky too I've kinda steered away from it, doesn't seem as tho there is a hand full to choose on regulated that worth a f, I'm liking the sigelis but it's like their fucking everywhere I may settle for it as it is top notch just not to big on the screen layout., don't know why. but I want something bigger than my I stick 50 for better dual builds I run it high watts mostly on the plum veil 1.5 it's great to take out but I Vape the shït out of it at home, honestly I wish they had a 100 Its a nice device but until then need something else

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I'm assuming the plus, heard the 100 was shït, with the pin issues, seems they fixed that with plus model

I beg to disagree. I have the Sigelei 100, love the sucker and have never had a single issue with the pin or anything else. I still have the extra pins stored away safely just in case as I have the feeling that I will be using this for quite a while:D

But if you don't trust the 100 watt, there are still a lot of the 150 watt versions looking for a good home!

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice that's good to hear man I had seen that the version 1 of the 100 had issues with the pin adjustments not reading accurate all the time, I'm glad your is doing well, maybe thinking about the 100 plus model instead for me, I believe they put the spring loaded pin in that one. I think I'll give myself a few days before I pull the trigger on something, thanks for the reply.

Mr. Pink

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yea the only problem i see with the sigelei 150w is that the ohms dont show the hundredths place, not a huge deal though.
But i have never meet anyone that had a problem with any of the sigelei's. everyone seems to always like theirs.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As mentioned before the 150w IPV3 is a good choice too..
I own two of them and never had an issue..I did do a magnet swap in the batt doors because I didn't like those little screws...took all of 15 min..And
because I don't have to build so low like I had to on my mechs I've got a .25 ohm dual coil build in my dark horse that blows good clouds/flavor at 75-80w..It also vapes the Arctic really well too.. With the dual batts sharing the load I vape this thing all day long on a single charge...anyway, good luck on your choice...

sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just thought I'd mention my brother got a 150w Sig from Eciggity....but it came with only a 3 mos warranty...I think my IPV3 came with a 6 mos warranty, and even better yet, the repair shop they use is here in CA....just sayin

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just thought I'd mention my brother got a 150w Sig from Eciggity....but it came with only a 3 mos warranty...I think my IPV3 came with a 6 mos warranty, and even better yet, the repair shop they use is here in CA....just sayin

Soooooo....what you're saying is......when your IPV breaks down you won't be without for very long? Good for j00!!!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Soooooo....what you're saying is......when your IPV breaks down you won't be without for very long? Good for j00!!!
Lol....
I've had my two IPV3's for a while now...I've dropped them, knocked them off the table by accident and they still work fine...but it's good to know that a repair shop is available should I really break 'um bad, like dropping it on the pavement from my 18 wheeler..its a long ways down! Lol
But because I have two I always have a backup...they've been good reliable mods for me, on the road and at home...can't be happier..
23e378fc2fe2c877a4673ca30463d755.jpg

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm happy with my ipv3 sub-ohms pretty damn low which I like. I'm a fan of big vapor production + good juice taste. Definitely interested in the ipv4 as well got a pre-order from gearbest can't wait to receive it!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had a chance to mess around with my buddy's Sigelei 150. Can't really find a reason to want any other 100w+ mod. It'll be my next box.

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My suggestion for you is to ask yourself, do I want a box MOD or no regulated or no... For box MOD go to modz unlimited (unregulated) segeli 150 watt (regulated) tube style all are fairly good. I love the penny MOD,king MOD nemesis MOD. However in my opinion.... Say away from China mods,. Those that come from China

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Of it were me and I knew I wanted a 100w regulated mod I would either go with the sogelei 100w plus or sit tight for a Few more weeks for the next crop of 100w moss, pioneer 4you is about to drop the ipv4 which is 100w with temp control and sigelei will be short to follow. Imho the last few swiveled mods have been much better than p4u in build quality overall. P4U are damn nice mods for sure but sigelei just seem to be finished a little nicer.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Everyone seems to be in love with the new temp control mods. I control my temps just fine when I adjust the wattage. :)

Not a feature that makes me want a mod.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
i've seen you drop that same line on every thread it's mentioned, dude. I'm glad that you don't like it, some of is do, and if someone has not tried it but can have the ability to explore it without it costing them any additional money if they wait a couple week so I mistakenly thought that letting them know of the option is a good thing,
.i apologize OP, don't explore a new tech just get the sigélei, I apologize for trying to be informative.

Last edited:

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh wait. Lol you're not talking to me... Sorry but still, free is always good to know what is worth buying

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you like temp control, good for you.

Everyone that "raves" about it though, forgets to mention that you MUST use NiChrome wire, and that there are possible risks from running that type of wire too hot.

So if you or others like your vape experience more complicated and possibly more risky, good for you. I think the temp control thing will be more of a flop than a homerun. Time will tell.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Everyone that "raves" about it though, forgets to mention that you MUST use NiChrome wire, and that there are possible risks from running that type of wire too hot.

So if you or others like your vape experience more complicated and possibly more risky, good for you. I think the temp control thing will be more of a flop than a homerun. Time will tell.
Newsflash ...i used to smoke
Answers the ''health risk'' for me
Tempered ni200 is just as easy to work with as kanthal a-1. answers the difficulty problem
YOU think... well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, as much as I am and anyone else is. But to deny them pr belittle something because of your opinion is not right. especially when the goal is to keep people off cigarettes and the new tech is not an additional cost.
Maybe let other people think for themselves

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Well said freemind...having just to restock my many 100' rolls of various gauge Kanthel I have on hand makes temp control with NiChrome a no brainer... from a safety stand point too..
My temp control has always been my wattage setting, and it works very well as is, least for me anyway..

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I personally don't like the temperature control. Imo it's a waste of time, but others like you love them & the concept. There again imo safety is in the knowledge of the owner of the mod.... You have to remember battery safety as well as using your ohms law theory. Nichrome is as safe as the person who buys it. With the proper knowledge it is safe for use. I personally use both. As of now I don't like them but staying neutral. Hope it helps someone make that call for themselves.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have NO problem if you want to use NiChrome. I also couldn't give a shit if you poison yourself overheating that NiChrome and make yourself sick as hell. It's on you, not me.

But I think informing people of the risks is just as smart, as you thinking they should have options. No issues if someone wants to use NiChrome.

I won't use NiChrome because I think the risks to myself are stupid. If I were going to engage in damaging behavior, I'd just keep smoking.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Did you see some study somewhere? Have you used it?

VU Sponsors