Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sweet god ... ni80 was in kanger coils and used with no problem for years

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is an MSDS PDF. It explains that Chromium and Nickel are known or suspected carcinogens. Yes, the NiChrome wire being heated as a "coil" is a wire just like a welding wire.

http://www.thelitzpeople.com/New PD...sistance Alloy Material Saftey Data Sheet.pdf
I'm glad you posted that...I was looking for a MSDS site too... I remember my brother telling me about the dangers of welding certain metals containing nickel..he was a TIG welder and worked for Boeing...thx for your post freemind

sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In what sense?

That you got pissed off at me, because I dare speak up and disagree with what you like?

Or the part where I give the MSDS sheet disproving your belief that NiChrome is rainbow farting unicorns?

Look, if you like it, fine and dandy. But I would advise you look over those long term exposure risks. It's not my idea of a healthier choice. Obviously you feel differently.

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think so as well as the original plan was to be described was to help with a model not sure why other than an option changed it but still helps to make sure we all make safe and smart enough choices which saves lived.. That is the goal imo

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Damn auto correct... Ment to say MOD not model... Lol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think so as well as the original plan was to be described was to help with a model not sure why other than an option changed it but still helps to make sure we all make safe and smart enough choices which saves lived.. That is the goal imo
It might got a little off topic but I learned I don't need a mod with a temp control option that uses dangerous NiChrome wire for it to even work........that was worth this thread going off track a little..least wise, it was for me anyway..

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's up peeps, New to the forum I have an istick50w and now I'm looking around for a 100w plus device any suggestions?
Sigelei 150W Oni, or regular edition. You will like the Oni if you get one. Got mine at 101vape.

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am as well... I am out to learn everything I can as well as be safe doing it,.I after reading this thread I personally wouldn't use NiChrome any longer

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are wanting a bunch of power with a minimal cost then ipv3, ipv4, sig 150, sig 100+.
+1 on the V3.
fec14d4d7b4c9b9b2dc0c9788ddabb3b.jpg

Vapin the .2 ohm dark horse at 80w with the chuff cap this thing chucks the clouds like a steam locomotive ... Absolutely insane! but that's why I like it! Lol

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sigelei 150W Oni, or regular edition. You will like the Oni if you get one. Got mine at 101vape.
You have an Oni? Cool deal.

Been looking at those too. The graphic looks pretty nice. What else is different about the Oni edition other than the graphic?

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The firing button is a bit different, flatter (and it rattles, but no big deal to me since I don't shake my mods when I use them). The overall accuracy of watts/volts seems to be a tad better (programming?). Other than that, it's a Sig 150 with a killer deeply engraved logo on the case. That blue color is downright nice as well IHMO. Plus it ROCKS my Troll RDA @ .2 Ohms at 90 watts without even breaking a sweat. Clouds Bra, Weather System Changing Cumulus Clouds...

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys y'all are great, as stated I've been Vaping for a few months after 16yrs of smoking a pack and a half a day, started with a shitty gas station haus 650 battery wasn't that bad considering all I had before that was the shitty disposable cigs, then I went to the istick50 an Atlantis then a plum veil 1.5. So now wanting to up a box as I blow with 40 50w All the time so basically maxing my current mod , and it's great for out and about. So as wanting to up my McChuckin would like a box mod, so that being said I'm totally new to the temp controll and all that ish. Is that something that is a mode on a mod, can it be turned off and on? I'm using 26g a1 kanthal currently and most likely be dropping down to 24g and such for as I like density and flavor. And I do think I like to have the lower ohms options if need be. I do like the sigelis and ipvs but everyone has them.. But I guess it's not such a bad thing as I could just put a skin on it.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was an early purchaser of a Smaug. All I got was conned out of my money before other people.

Had I done it smart, I would have just bought the Sigelei 150 watt, and been money ahead.

Buy a dependable mod, whatever that ends up being. Being a new adopter to some new box, usually means you are a paying lab rat doing their testing for them. I'm not going back there again....

J Wraps has lots of cool designs for lots of mods. You can even design your own wrap if you want.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys y'all are great, as stated I've been Vaping for a few months after 16yrs of smoking a pack and a half a day, started with a shitty gas station haus 650 battery wasn't that bad considering all I had before that was the shitty disposable cigs, then I went to the istick50 an Atlantis then a plum veil 1.5. So now wanting to up a box as I blow with 40 50w All the time so basically maxing my current mod , and it's great for out and about. So as wanting to up my McChuckin would like a box mod, so that being said I'm totally new to the temp controll and all that ish. Is that something that is a mode on a mod, can it be turned off and on? I'm using 26g a1 kanthal currently and most likely be dropping down to 24g and such for as I like density and flavor. And I do think I like to have the lower ohms options if need be. I do like the sigelis and ipvs but everyone has them.. But I guess it's not such a bad thing as I could just put a skin on it.
Yes you most certainly can put a skin on it to be different..this screenshot is a skin another vaper put on his IPV3..
212ea00c1444985b938c7befbecfb6ff.jpg

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice, any thoughts on. The Tesla 120w? Also I'm looking batteries for whichever one should I just go ahead and get 35 A batteries to play it safe?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not familiar with the Tesla..but I've ran 35A Efest batts in my 150w IPV3 with no problems...they should be fine for the 120w mod too...

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool I've read that those are great bats, also checked out lg bats mxjo I hear the Sony batteries vtcs havnt been made for awhile to steer clear of them?(rewraps) Also seen 18650s up to 3400 mah so on and so forth just seeing which would be best (and safest) recommended batteries price isn't an issue for I look at this as an investment and somewhat rewarding myself for getting off the cancer sticks.

Mr. Pink

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you know what else is carcinogenic... the sun but its not going to stop me from going outside. i think people are a little to fast to say something carcinogenic when its only group 2B (maybe carcinogenic) hell there are studies saying nicotine by its self maybe carcinogenic. point is carcinogens are everywhere you cant avoid the world bc of it.
side note idc for temp control but i dont hate it either its just not my vape style

also Pioneer4you is owned by sigelei, its the same people @f1r3b1rd

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is pretty sweet tho
I can recommend the 100 or 150, I have both. If you are a hard core dripper like me, then the 150 is a good bet. The 100 is great too, but I think the 150 has an edge on accuracy. Just my .02. The 150 goes down to 10 watts pretty accurately, but it really ain't meant to be used that low. It shines at 20w upwards.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep I drip a lot at home and tank it while I'm out. Friggin waiting on the goliath mass release tho wooo. And the Atlantis 2, aspire is doing a 100 ship and receive on March 30 for the 1st 100 peeps, after that it will be April 6th, but Havnt seen any pic tho.,

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
95 Bones is a bit of coin to drop on the Oni, but I think its worth it as long as you have 2 or 4 18650 30 amp batteries and a good charger (use the batts in pairs and keep em that way when you charge them and use them).

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep I drip a lot at home and tank it while I'm out. Friggin waiting on the goliath mass release tho wooo. And the Atlantis 2, aspire is doing a 100 ship and receive on March 30 for the 1st 100 peeps, after that it will be April 6th, but Havnt seen any pic tho.,
I too drip at home but use tanks on the road... the arctic subtank is the best one I've tried yet on the IPV3... It blows clouds close to my RDA's with the .2 ohm coil at 65w ..I'm looking at a even better performing sub tank called the FreeMax Starre, looking to pick one up soon...

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love the horse lol... And I am as you are running . 2 with the chuff . Bout 4 one of segeli 150 one on the nemesis MOD one on the Penny and the last on my king.. All built with 22 awg (Now kanthal) lol 10 raps on 1/8 inch bit

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just thought I'd mention my brother got a 150w Sig from Eciggity....but it came with only a 3 mos warranty...I think my IPV3 came with a 6 mos warranty, and even better yet, the repair shop they use is here in CA....just sayin

From what I've read is that p4u had changed their warranty to where u pay a fee when you use the warranty and also pay to and from shipping if they even back the warranty along with the touch fire issues and the 510 issue comming out, charging port not working and flimsy paint and material denting ever so easily I'm not so sure about the device anymore. Hope its a good one

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had a chance to buy an ipv but chose to buy the segeli 150 because of the structure seems to be a bit better to me.. I just saying.. Lol. I am a fan of mine,was impressed from the jump.. All in my opinion of course.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't remember all the details of that thread but Budkiss was the first US forum member that I know of to receive an ipv3. He received a sample unit directly from P4Y and received it about a week or two before I received mine through pre-order from Eciggity the second week of Oct.

He had quality control issues with his that I never had. At the time of that thread they were unwilling to replace the unit and I believe they did end up sending him a replacement for one of the two sample units he received.

Now as to did they fix the issues well yeah they fixed them but they did it in a odd round about way lol. For example the charging cord that was suppose to come with the unit but then was changed to an addition expense was deemed questionable to use altogether, how did P4Y fix this you ask? Well they plugged the charging port on newer units and the next batch of units simply no longer had the port at all.

The touch sensor which I was most pissed about is missing the hardware, you can turn it on and off on the chip but the actual hardware is not there. I always speculated that they removed it for the charging port. I have actually contemplated on buying a beat up ipv2 just to strip the TS and hook it up but hell why fix something that is not broke.

I don't remember the other stuff on his bitch list but most all complaints came from the pre-order ppl like myself that were expecting certain things and then had them removed. These days most everyone knows what they are getting and it is a solid device in that regard. The biggest complaint that ppl have now is the lack of magnets, that and the little firing button.

Whichever device you end up purchasing just do some research and understand that even the best devices have their own pros and cons.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome man I appreciate the info, as you can see I am one too research the crap out of thing before a foot the Bill. And you guys have helped me out a lot . I've came from the Smaug V2 which I still like, but based on terrible things from the 1st version (although don't see much info on the v2 if any issues) to the God mod which off the batt someone said something about it catching fire? annn no thanks. To the ivp and the sigelis 100+ and 150 and oni which are nice. To the tesla 120w I've narrowed it down to the sigelis 150 oni or the Tesla120w (which seems like the sigelis s little brother)...

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Imo segeli all the way... Look all kidding aside. I will tell you a short story of my experience with my segeli. I bought my first one and put it on the top of the wife's SUV while I put my kids in their seats....
Left it there drove 70 miles hearing a noise like something hitting the side. Stopped to look after pulling over, looking down the street & seeing something getting run over by car after car... Truck after truck.... Lol I thought it was over for my MOD. Walked back to look at it to only see two small chipped spots on the powder coat. I re-wicked & dripped.... Vape after Vape .... Still working to this day... Bought another one just as a backup.. In case

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hahah that's awesome man! The question is just how many f bombs were repeated until you retrieved it lol

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Hahah that's awesome man! The question is just how many f bombs were repeated until you retrieved it lol

I am thinking it was something more like one long string of Fbomb..................................................................................

Mr. Pink

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i think you just need to decide which color sigelei you want. i think the red looks the best. also if you waited for the ip4 i doubt you use the temp control after a week or two, i know my dna40 gets no love just like a redheaded step child

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I've read is that p4u had changed their warranty to where u pay a fee when you use the warranty and also pay to and from shipping if they even back the warranty along with the touch fire issues and the 510 issue comming out, charging port not working and flimsy paint and material denting ever so easily I'm not so sure about the device anymore. Hope its a good one
IPV4 is so new I haven't read any reviews on it yet, good or bad....

Last edited:

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do like the red oni version of the 150..Just wish there was something different And reliable I personally think the ipv 4 looks like crap but that's just my opinion.

Mr. Pink

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i think it looks cheap,the ipv4. and i understand you wanting to have a box mod thats different from other ppl but the reason alot of ppl have siggys is bc there great mods

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True I'm currently looking now for the red 150w sigelei now with PayPal. Woo. Yeah I think the pic 4 also looks cheap and the way that cover slides off just seems like it would scratch it up and just adds a overall bulky type feel and wraps may look crappy for it also

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
you know what else is carcinogenic... the sun but its not going to stop me from going outside. i think people are a little to fast to say something carcinogenic when its only group 2B (maybe carcinogenic) hell there are studies saying nicotine by its self maybe carcinogenic. point is carcinogens are everywhere you cant avoid the world bc of it.
side note idc for temp control but i dont hate it either its just not my vape style

also Pioneer4you is owned by sigelei, its the same people @f1r3b1rd
Ive heard the same, but the sigelei do appear to have a slightly nicer fit and finish. at least that been my experience with them. also yihi's sx300v4c chip is made specifically for them. Maybe its a Chevy/Buick thing?
Also: totally agree with you n the TC as I'm an early adopter, just useless to argue sometimes. Especially when my point of view is as a guy whose tap water comes from the mouth of the MS river and I've worked in and around chemical plants most my life. Not to mention with temperature control the concept is the metal is not hot enough to give off bad things and neither is the diacetyl in the eliquid... if you're keeping the temp below the level for hazards, I fail to see ......

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Can temp control be turned on and off?
Yes it can be turned on or off. which is why I was making the point of for the same amount of money just having the option available was worth it. It does not have to be used. But, if you're buying something anyway ....

Last edited:

VU Sponsors