Become a Patron!

Hohm wrecker g2

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My Hohm slice is on its way even tho it said not until June 1st just letting ppl know but this one the Tiffany blue one I didn't get one saying the silver one shipped

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement
Where'd you pre order from?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im starting to get a little disenchanted with my G2.... Everyone says how they hit harder at tthe same wattage as other mods. I have a .2 build of SS in my boreas right now. on the G2 with fresh batteries, the vape is decent at 100 watts. I pull the tank off and put it on my RX set at 100 watts and the vape is so much better. this is with the G2 set for wattage mode. I havent really played with it much in TC mode, but it just seems weak. really wishing I hadent bought this thing...

I just got my G2 today as well as the RX200S and I just tried my Crown .25 ohm coil at 65 watts on both and can't really notice a difference. I just popped the Crown on my IPV5 and it is hitting just as well at 65 watts, if there is a difference between these 3 mods then it is so small I can't tell.

I am having problems running the Crown in SS temp mode, it worked great when I first used it, then I switched to watts mode to try and it was fine as well. Then I went back to SS TC and am barely getting anything with half a tank of juice. I have tried a few things but can't get it to perform again like the first try with SS TC, even took out the batteries and nothing.

I did do the upgrade to 2.5.5 before even using the mod, the upgrade was simple so that's a plus.

I got mixed results using the kanthal TC but when it worked it worked great. I just used the FSK of 50%, saw the YT vid by hohm tech and did what he did. I tried the 17% FSK but was getting any power. I was using the Defiant with the kanthal vengeance coils, I got a box of 10 coils so I figured if I burned one up it is not a big loss. I then tried my Steam Engine with the .3 ohm kanthal ribbon coil and couldn't get it to work well with everything I tried even setting the FSK to 90%.

Overall it hits real well in power mode and kanthal TC is great when you can get it to work. I think I need to fiddle around some more with it, I think I might have a bad 510 as well since a couple of times it said my tanks were too low of check atomizer with all 3 tanks at one time or another.

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apparently Hohm Tech has another device coming out soon, indoor smokers let it slip out...300W device, I'm guessing triple 18650 or lipo.

The FSK chip was already designed for triple 18650 so that's my bet.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just got my G2 today as well as the RX200S and I just tried my Crown .25 ohm coil at 65 watts on both and can't really notice a difference. I just popped the Crown on my IPV5 and it is hitting just as well at 65 watts, if there is a difference between these 3 mods then it is so small I can't tell.

I am having problems running the Crown in SS temp mode, it worked great when I first used it, then I switched to watts mode to try and it was fine as well. Then I went back to SS TC and am barely getting anything with half a tank of juice. I have tried a few things but can't get it to perform again like the first try with SS TC, even took out the batteries and nothing.

I did do the upgrade to 2.5.5 before even using the mod, the upgrade was simple so that's a plus.

I got mixed results using the kanthal TC but when it worked it worked great. I just used the FSK of 50%, saw the YT vid by hohm tech and did what he did. I tried the 17% FSK but was getting any power. I was using the Defiant with the kanthal vengeance coils, I got a box of 10 coils so I figured if I burned one up it is not a big loss. I then tried my Steam Engine with the .3 ohm kanthal ribbon coil and couldn't get it to work well with everything I tried even setting the FSK to 90%.

Overall it hits real well in power mode and kanthal TC is great when you can get it to work. I think I need to fiddle around some more with it, I think I might have a bad 510 as well since a couple of times it said my tanks were too low of check atomizer with all 3 tanks at one time or another.
Take the tank off, hit the fire button till it says no atomizer then put the tank back on adjust your settings and vape. That's the only way to reset your resistance.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Against a 3 cell box theres not much of a difference, for 90% of other 200w boxes that use 23 batteries there is a massive difference. Plus you vaping a subtank...with normal single strand coils so they hit just about instantly no matter what. Pair it against a Snow Wolf, Laisimo L1, Fuchai, Other Sigelei's and you will see what I and others feel for a difference.
The TC will be different for just about any tank or coils setup, you adjust it to your needs. Kanthal requires very precise input and you must start with a Room Temp coil and readjust anytime you remove or replace it, IF your using cheap Chinese premade coils or machine made coils, be sure to wash them before putting them in anything as they can have a coating of oil (not noticeable) but that oil can affect the TC.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take the tank off, hit the fire button till it says no atomizer then put the tank back on adjust your settings and vape. That's the only way to reset your resistance.

I did that a few times.

I was reading more into this thread and put it into XXX mode and now it is working great again. It is a little bit of a learning curve but so far I am pretty happy in the 5 hours I have had it aside from a couple of hicups.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ran my Crown bone dry using the XXX mode, had the FSK set to 17 at first, a little bit of a dry hit, lowered it to 16 and perfect.

I am really liking this mod a lot but I got another tank that if screwed all the way down gets a low resistance or damaged atomizer reading. It is a 0.59 ohm coil so I know that's not the problem and it works great if I unscrew the tank a little but it is wobbly. I just looked at the 510 pin and it is really wobbly, to the point it will touch the side and not much spring to it. So far I have gotten the damaged atomizer reading on 4 different tanks that work perfectly on my other mods so I am going to contact my dealer and get a replacement. Too bad, I really am liking this mod and will miss it while I wait for another.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm just curious if you got it going today and how you like it.
James....no I didn't...been doing paperwork between reading posts. I won't have time until next weekend (if I'm lucky).

-Dale-

F

fckaugust8th

I wanted to order it from cloudyvapor.com but for some reason, they will not ship until the 24th. They have free shipping on all US orders, no tax. I checked Vaporcube and with tax and all it will be $ 89. For that price I'd rather get another G2 from ecig.com.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wanted to order it from cloudyvapor.com but for some reason, they will not ship until the 24th. They have free shipping on all US orders, no tax. I checked Vaporcube and with tax and all it will be $ 89. For that price I'd rather get another G2 from ecig.com.
Where are you from? There is a 5% off code if you like them on Facebook threw their site. Oh I don't get tax added on mine came to 72$ if I didn't get the limited edition it would have been about 62$

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I ordered mine from Cloudy Vapor. $69 shipped for the LE. I only ordered from them because they were the only ones that had a presale like 2 or 3 weeks ago. I'm totally fine with mine shipping on the 24th.

F

fckaugust8th

@Dawn0810 , I'm in California....they charge taxes on the taxes and if they could, they'd charge a tax on the air you breathe! They would have to measure your nose and calculate the amount of air used!
@Deucesjack , I think I'll go ahead and order from Cloudy Vapor too. It will give me time to get the batteries:vino:

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Huh... I guess I haven't tried that... I have been pulling my batteries out and then restarting the mod. But your way seems a lot easier. :)

well I just built a new set of coils, basically just messing around. 2x26G kanthal wrapped with .8 Nichrome. Turned out real pretty. never realized that nichrome colors so well. 8 wraps at 3.5mm and resistance is about .28. Hitting it at 90 watts and its agood warm dense vape. I guess my earlier issues were with low ohm builds, lots of metal in them and cutting wattage to attempt to save battery life. Im happy again. Thanks for putting up with me guys and gals.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhhhh, the joy and hate of living in California. I could drive over to Vapor Cube and pick up the Hohm Slice but the taxes make me cringe.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Huh... I guess I haven't tried that... I have been pulling my batteries out and then restarting the mod. But your way seems a lot easier. :)

well I just built a new set of coils, basically just messing around. 2x26G kanthal wrapped with .8 Nichrome. Turned out real pretty. never realized that nichrome colors so well. 8 wraps at 3.5mm and resistance is about .28. Hitting it at 90 watts and its agood warm dense vape. I guess my earlier issues were with low ohm builds, lots of metal in them and cutting wattage to attempt to save battery life. Im happy again. Thanks for putting up with me guys and gals.
I spoke with hohmtech today because I got the bad atomizer message after switching from my Lyche tank to my Crown tank. Scared the shit out of me lol. I thought I broke my brandie new mod. They told me the box was designed with bottom fill tanks in mind. That's why when you switch tanks the resistance stays the same. It was supposed to be a convienence. Now most tanks are top fill so it's a moot feature. Just remember to hit the fire button every time you take a tank off and you'll be good to go.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Dawn0810 , I'm in California....they charge taxes on the taxes and if they could, they'd charge a tax on the air you breathe! They would have to measure your nose and calculate the amount of air used!
@Deucesjack , I think I'll go ahead and order from Cloudy Vapor too. It will give me time to get the batteries:vino:
I thought Massachusetts was bad I'm sorry that sucks Bad we are usually called taxachusetts

F

fckaugust8th

Well, you have to take the good with the bad, just that the good is getting smaller and smaller!

F

fckaugust8th

I was tempted by the eleaf Lyche, but I'm sticking with the Merlin, I an going to order another Alleria that will get the @raymo2u coils, I just want to make sure I'm getting a newer made one with the machining kinks worked out. Any suggestions where to buy it from? FT has the Alleria for $18

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was tempted by the eleaf Lyche, but I'm sticking with the Merlin, I an going to order another Alleria that will get the @raymo2u coils, I just want to make sure I'm getting a newer made one with the machining kinks worked out. Any suggestions where to buy it from? FT has the Alleria for $18
Haven't seen it cheaper but like everything FT be prepared to wait. I have 4 Boreas on the way from them.

F

fckaugust8th

I've ordered enough from FT to know the waiting is loooong! I'm mentally prepared...I think:gaah:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you get the gold plated AFC ring too?
No, truth be told I don't even know how to build but I've been acquiring all the building equipment in preparation for Vapocalypse. Lol. Raymo2u told me to reach out when I get my tanks and he'd talk me thru it.

F

fckaugust8th

No, truth be told I don't even know how to build but I've been acquiring all the building equipment in preparation for Vapocalypse. Lol. Raymo2u told me to reach out when I get my tanks and he'd talk me thru it.
I started simple and worked my way thru. @raymo2u can definitely help you, he has MAD skills. I bought 4 sets of coils from him but I haven't used them yet, they look so damn perfect, I don't have the heart to get them dirty in the tank:headbang:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I started simple and worked my way thru. @raymo2u can definitely help you, he has MAD skills. I bought 4 sets of coils from him but I haven't used them yet, they look so damn perfect, I don't have the heart to get them dirty in the tank:headbang:
I hope so. I tried it when I first started vaping and I used nickel wire. It was a bitch to work with and I was all thumbs.

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope so. I tried it when I first started vaping and I used nickel wire. It was a bitch to work with and I was all thumbs.

Nickel is definitely not the easiest wire to work with, kanthal and stainless steel is much easier in most gauges.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to order a Boreas, just got the Alleria today and so far am loving it, beats the snot out of my Aromamizer.

@Deucesjack, We are of the same mindset, back to building coils for me too so I am stocking up. Get yourself a coil jig and some SS wire, much easier to work with than nickel and as you know is a better vape.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have to order a Boreas, just got the Alleria today and so far am loving it, beats the snot out of my Aromamizer.

@Deucesjack, We are of the same mindset, back to building coils for me too so I am stocking up. Get yourself a coil jig and some SS wire, much easier to work with than nickel and as you know is a better vape.
Done and done already. Now I just need the knowledge.

F

fckaugust8th

@mjag ,you said ' could drive over to Vapor Cube'. where are they located? Are they on SoCal?

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
just ordered a g2 limited edition. will be nice to have it in my rotation

F

fckaugust8th

Just watched a 'review' of the Slice by some guy in Seattle. He was all in a huff, he met Ben? from HohmTech. I think he was vaping coffee beans, or hops, or hops'cousin' 'cause he kept ranting about the Slice being 300w on a single 26650 battery. I'm no expert, but even I know that statement is far fetched. He did get the mod's name right, it was printed on the mod, and he got the battery size right too. I couldn't watch the 'review' to the end.

F

fckaugust8th

Yeah, there in San Dimas, the home of Bill and Ted!!!!!!!!! Excellent, party on dudes
That's a bit of a drive then, when I lived in West Covina it was a skip and a jump. In any case, I ordered the Slice from them, I should have it by the weekend.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you guys need anything like coils, dont hesitate to PM me. For technique and instructions on how to build coils yourself I could make a small thread I guess but I could post the best videos in my opinion on how to get started and what materials you will need. I can make a list for all the tools and best places to grab wire also!
I told you guys the G2 is the shit ;)

F

fckaugust8th

I finally got around to trying the TC on Kanthal. 28gx2 wraped in 30g. 6 wraps at 3.0 mm ID. it reads 0.47ohms and the Moonshot never tasted so good. I have the FSK Curve at 60% and vaping at 460 deg.F. Life is good!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I finally got around to trying the TC on Kanthal. 28gx2 wraped in 30g. 6 wraps at 3.0 mm ID. it reads 0.47ohms and the Moonshot never tasted so good. I have the FSK Curve at 60% and vaping at 460 deg.F. Life is good!
Your outer wrap is too big!!! You should be using 38g or higher for better results

F

fckaugust8th

Your outer wrap is too big!!! You should be using 38g or higher for better results
Well, it's late, I'm tired and I couldn't find the other wires. I will get to it over the weekend. I just wanted to try Kanthal TC and a simple coil couldn't do.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Come to think of it, the CoV Defiant should be fine on top of the Slice too.
Funny you say that because that's what is on top of my g2 and maybe the slice not sure I have the Griffin 25 so that might look better decisions decisions
0982d4817680b8e9c0365a8aeb52d9fe.jpg

Last edited:

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nickel is definitely not the easiest wire to work with, kanthal and stainless steel is much easier in most gauges.
Agree. I tried nickel my first time. Then got smart and got kanthal and it was a piece of cake with the coil master kit it's pretty easy. The more times you build even simple coils you get better and better and it becomes easy. I still build my own these days, and mostly stainless or kanthal. Sometimes ni80. But I still buy the complex stuff from @raymo2u because 1 he knows what he's doing and 2 he can see those finer gauges better than my eyes could these days lol. And 3 he's just a great guy.

rckVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What's the popular atty to run on the G2?
Tried to do twisted ni200 on my Kennedy. Deck to small for 16 wraps :/

" I find your lack of faith disturbing." - Vader

VU Sponsors