Become a Patron!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the eVic Vt is junk...

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Boys boys boys, your all lookin like a bunch of teenage girls in here with your panty's in a wad.....we are all laughin at ya
I'm laughing at me too. It's fun if you have a decent mirror around. Except for that time I got mad at me and beat myself up. The revenge beating was pretty bad too.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, for what it's worth, this is the longest time and most fun I've had arguing with someone on the internet. Thanks everybody. Except you Mattp169, I still think you suck.

vapedick

Member For 4 Years
It's not too late to change my mind since it's just packaged up and is going to the p.o tomorrow. Problems is I'll have to wait until my next check to get something in a higher price range but I think it might be worth it.
Ahhhh. GEORGE DAVIS livin the good life.
Living check to check. Can't afford the Sx. What a loser.
I see why you're so angry now. Too stupid to get a job.
At least when that next government check comes you can go get another shitty mod.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nope, there's a difference between can't and won't. I won't pay $200 for what's essentially a battery holder and a chip. Nice try though. Took you long enough to come up with something that weak though.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At least when that next government check comes you can go get another shitty mod.
School must be out now huh?

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
\
Mommy and Daddy don't but my equipment. I have bills to pay. You will too someday if you manage to graduate and move out of the basement.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ah not what i was getting at .or should i say who i was referring to :)

You mean the tactical team looking in the bushes here?, Those be helicopters (like 5) , still no inmates sighting yet, I do know one of them is bleeding.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly though vapedick, don't you know how stupid you look with somebody"s tits as your avatar? I mean, do you think it makes you look like you could get laid or something?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_mqtg3eYCkg1qi82vgo1_500_zpstplnkgb3.gif

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't worry vapedick, everyone thinks you're a real high roller.

Fringe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
George did you take back your eVic VT yet? Did you decide if your getting another one or something else?

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
George did you take back your eVic VT yet? Did you decide if your getting another one or something else?
I'm thinking about the ipv3 li, but i don't know what to get to be honest.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A song about George. If his name was Ed.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like EVERYONE"S saying, I probably just got a lemon(doubt it), but I just don't trust the product anymore and would rather try something else.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
About 1hp per 1000watts. But that is generator ratings, nothing to do with cars. And you need to figure on parasitic losses between the powerplant and the generator.
1.017 hp = 748 watts

And @GEORGE DAVIS , my evic vt is 3 weeks old now. Some of my customers have had theirs for a few days longer. I just ordered 50 more to sell in our store and will get a second for myself when they arrive. None of the batteries have rattled. Your questions in regard to switch failure might turn out to be reasonable but we really don't know yet, do we? You honestly need to look at the economy of the unit when deciding if it is junk.

Most of my customers love the evic vt and are replacing their ipv4s and sx minis. In fact they aren't complaining about their mods anymore and vapers not complaining is a pretty unusual thing. Some have come in and bought a second one because they like them so much. This mod has been the best thing to come along in a long time for my customers. The biggest issue has been how well the subtank mini and plus rings match the stripes on the vt and why don't we have yellow and black, white and blue, and black and red combo drip tips lately.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1.017 hp = 748 watts

And @GEORGE DAVIS , my evic vt is 3 weeks old now. Some of my customers have had theirs for a few days longer. I just ordered 50 more to sell in our store and will get a second for myself when they arrive. None of the batteries have rattled. Your questions in regard to switch failure might turn out to be reasonable but we really don't know yet, do we? You honestly need to look at the economy of the unit when deciding if it is junk.

Most of my customers love the evic vt and are replacing their ipv4s and sx minis. In fact they aren't complaining about their mods anymore and vapers not complaining is a pretty unusual thing. Some have come in and bought a second one because they like them so much. This mod has been the best thing to come along in a long time for my customers. The biggest issue has been how well the subtank mini and plus rings match the stripes on the vt and why don't we have yellow and black, white and blue, and black and red combo drip tips lately.
Loved mine too. So you don't think that thumb wheel feels cheesy? I do, and I think it's going to be a problem. Like I said, hopefully it was just mine that had a problem, but I just spoke to another person who said that their battery rattled too. Time will tell. I hope for the best, but it wasn't for me and i think people should know about potential problems.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Loved mine too. So you don't think that thumb wheel feels cheesy? I do, and I think it's going to be a problem. Like I said, hopefully it was just mine that had a problem, but I just spoke to another person who said that their battery rattled too. Time will tell. I hope for the best, but it wasn't for me and i think people should know about potential problems.
And btw, nice conversion! I'm impressed!

Fringe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did they clone the eVic VT yet?
I know when the clone iStick 50 hit the market not to many people knew they were selling, claimed they didn't know, or buying a clone.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did they clone the eVic VT yet?
I know when the clone iStick 50 hit the market not to many people knew they were selling, claimed they didn't know, or buying a clone.
Not that I know of yet. And I always had the feeling that that was Joyetech (eleaf) trying to cover their asses.

Fringe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't opened it up to look at the switch. My speculation based on experience is that the switch is the second step to ensure that this is a disposable product and that it isn't worth while to replace the batteries when they fail. Based on the price, I feel it is a non-issue that the switch is going to become a problem about the same time the mod stops holding a charge.
And btw, nice conversion! I'm impressed!
I know way to much useless crap about electronics... what is the electronic relevance of the number 6.25 x 10 ^18?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
1.017 hp = 748 watts

This is my point George. You started a thread saying all of them are junk. when there are tons of people who are happy with it. Now you say after lots of needless name calling that we are probably right and you just got a lemon out of the bunch.

People come here to learn.
Please tell us how yours broke. But do it once. You did it in two threads, made a blanket statement that may dissuade others from buying what could potentially be an awesome product. Then went on what seemed like a mission to destroy the reputation of the product and manufacturer. You resorted to name calling and belittling anyone who disagreed with you, now you are agreeing with us.

Have some manners. Your comments and statements are unnecessary rude and not helpful to the vaping community.

This forum has become the #1 vaping forum because we have people here who genuinely help each other. Your blanket statement was very misleading to the community and that is not helpful for the community or the reputation of this great forum

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is my point George. You started a thread saying all of them are junk. when there are tons of people who are happy with it. Now you say after lots of needless name calling that we are probably right and you just got a lemon out of the bunch.

Please tell us how yours broke. But do it once. You did it in two threads, made a blanket statement that may dissuade others from buying what could potentially be an awesome product. Then went on what seemed like a mission to destroy the reputation of the product and manufacturer. You resorted to name calling and belittling anyone who disagreed with you, now you are agreeing with us.

Have some manners. Your comments and statements are unnecessary rude and not helpful to the vaping community.

This forum has become the #1 vaping forum because we have people here who genuinely help each other. Your blanket statement was very misleading to the community and that is not helpful for the community or the reputation of this great forum
I'm not agreeing with anyone, just bored of the back and fourth. I still think it's build quality is garbage. I don't think $70 equates to a disposable product. I stated my issue in the evic thread then started my own because I didn't want what I had to say to get buried in a general "who's getting an evic" thread. I don't think you read over things very well because I was pounced on for giving my opinion and stating what happened in my situation, so I retaliated back. And unless you don't know, Joyetechs reputation is already quite tarnished. I was pointing out that, in my opinion, nothing's changed. As far as I'm concerned I may be talking people out of buying a product that is only now showing signs of being garbage. Like I said, all these same things were done and said when people came out with problems with the ipv4. I expected all of these reactions and don't really care. Someone has to be the first to report issues. If mines a singular incident, great, if not then something needs to be said. Anywhoo, I'm done with it. Enjoy your evic and hope things work out well. Mine sucked. End of story.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow this thread has been a interesting read I must say, glad to see we all being mature adults o_O

I'll probably get called a joytech rep too, as so far I don't have a bad word to say about my evic-vt.

Had it for about a week and I love it so far, now I admit, I don't do temp control and I am not one to switch tanks around, so since I have had it, it has been at the same setting with the same tank on it, it has no rattle whatsoever and buttons feel good so far.

Can I say 100% it won't fail at some point, no way, but you can't with any electrical component, if don't want to risk getting a lemon, then don't buy anything electrical, as there will always be 1 or 2 bad ones that get through.

Oh and also have a IPV4 for a month now, and that also has been faultless for me, so I must be really lucky ;)

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Mattp169 after reviewing the thread YOU"RE the one who started with all the nastiness and rudeness. It was a civil discussion until you felt like you had to "white knight" the Joyetech cause. You were all put out because I showed how people were getting ripped off by buying spider silk and decided to carry it over into my thread about the evic! Like I said, you have some kind of agenda. For someone who claims to not own an evic and has "no dog in the fight", you sure act like someone who has a dog in the fight. Whatever, my points been made despite your attempts. Don't get all high and mighty when you were the original one who escalated the situation. You had nothing useful or productive to say in any of your posts. You just didn't want me saying negative things about Joyetech. V.U is doing just fine without you trying to be some kind of standard bearer for what people should say and how they should be said on here. Anyway, I don't like you and don't care for your holier than thou attitude. For the fourth(?) time, if you don't like what I'm saying or how I'm saying it, stop following me around and reading every thing I post. Simple as that.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Mattp169 after reviewing the thread YOU"RE the one who started with all the nastiness and rudeness. It was a civil discussion until you felt like you had to "white knight" the Joyetech cause. You were all put out because I showed how people were getting ripped off by buying spider silk and decided to carry it over into my thread about the evic! Like I said, you have some kind of agenda. For someone who claims to not own an evic and has "no dog in the fight", you sure act like someone who has a dog in the fight. Whatever, my points been made despite your attempts. Don't get all high and mighty when you were the original one who escalated the situation. You had nothing useful or productive to say in any of your posts. You just didn't want me saying negative things about Joyetech. V.U is doing just fine without you trying to be some kind of standard bearer for what people should say and how they should be said on here. Anyway, I don't like you and don't care for your holier than thou attitude. For the fourth(?) time, if you don't like what I'm saying or how I'm saying it, stop following me around and reading every thing I post. Simple as that.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dude !! and i thought i was the only one who thought that way

anybody see what i just did there ??
I was going to say something about this earlier, but I already had my hands full of fanboys.

vapershane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Snow wolf is great

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors