mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not into rainbow mods but this one looks pretty nice

IJCPTN-4.jpg

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried a bigger one and RDA.... Believe it or not....... No pics but a video...... How about a Mod ?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
And that is what the FDA is trying to play off as an vaper . . . Oh well, fuck it, time to build one.

@Nikolai!!!
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure, my Captain does run a little hot in TC. For instance, I have a tank I normally run at 85 watts and 500 degrees on my FSK, DNA, and Yihi mods. On the Captain I run the same tank at 70-75 watts and 470-480 degrees. Hope that helps.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
You were right on with the TC. Only had this gunmetal Captain for about an hour but so far TC is good, just runs hot like you said.

The only con so far is I am a little worried if this carbon fiber is going to stick over the long haul. I have already pushed down some edges, maybe thats just settling, we will see over time.

Really nice looking and so far performing mod in the short time I have had it.

For this of you with the gunmetal Aromamizer Plus the color on the gunmetal Captain is almost an exact match. The Captain is satin finish compared to the AP but it is beautiful.

13d0f3edd0824d24010fea54eb915ebb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You were right on with the TC. Only had this gunmetal Captain for about an hour but so far TC is good, just runs hot like you said.

The only con so far is I am a little worried if this carbon fiber is going to stick over the long haul. I have already pushed down some edges, maybe thats just settling, we will see over time.

Really nice looking and so far performing mod in the short time I have had it.

For this of you with the gunmetal Aromamizer Plus the color on the gunmetal Captain is almost an exact match. The Captain is satin finish compared to the AP but it is beautiful.

13d0f3edd0824d24010fea54eb915ebb.jpg

My Plus won't fire on it. That's the bad side of getting a pre release version. Sometimes all the kinks aren't worked out. Glad to hear yours works on it. Nice to know Ijoy is listening.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looks like a Cuboid with some flash to it...Of all the newer mods coming out this is one of the better looking ones IMO and the wisemec predator...Ive since gone to all DNA devices or mechs only so, not really in my plans for a future purchase.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Review is up :)

I just got one today and have a different experience.
I got a pair of batteries out, put them in, set the wattage to 45W, vaped great.
Put a different tank on, looked through the manual to see how to set TCR, set the TCR for SS430, and changed the wattage to 50W temp to 450F
Vapes fine. Watts change after a while, but nothing that wouldn't explained by hitting temp.
It does seem to be a wee bit hotter than I'd expect.

Speaking of hot, the top on mine isn't getting hot like yours did.

Been vaping it all day since it came in. And the Aromamizer Plus is what I have been vaping on it. Dual SS430 3.5mm ID claptons, read .21 ohms.
Exactly as they should be.

Maybe you got a bum unit?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I got a pair of batteries out, put them in, set the wattage to 45W, vaped great.
Put a different tank on, looked through the manual to see how to set TCR, set the TCR for SS430, and changed the wattage to 50W temp to 450F
Vapes fine. Watts change after a while, but nothing that wouldn't explained by hitting temp.

Been vaping it all day since it came in. And the Aromamizer Plus is what I have been vaping on it. Dual SS430 3.5mm ID claptons, read .21 ohms.

Possibly. I've seen some people complain of weak hits, others of burning their cotton at 400. Could be a case of really bad QC. DJL has issues with his and ijoy is working on a firmware fix? supposedly they are suing a really old TC algorithm.

Also for the heat, you really aren't using enough watts. throw on a TFV8 and 150 watts and the top gets hotter then the tank will. at 50 watts i wouldn't expect any issues with heat but i have to cover every base for any type of vaper

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have been having the same experience as you with mine. I have tried a bunch of tanks as well and all of them work just fine including the aromamizer plus and blazer 200.

A friend of mine has the same setup as well and no problems in about a week of daily use for him with the Aromamizer Plus.

Well hopefully it doesn't turn into a problem in the future, we are talking about China QC so it is always a crap shoot.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to admit that I don't find the mod very comfortable to hold for a long time. Wish they would have made it more G Class instead of Cuboid shaped.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
No, you are using watts that are too high <g>.
Mine is fine for me.
If 150 watts is too high then they shouldn't call it a 150 watt mod. You don't by a 200mph car and have it break apart at 200 and then have them say 200mph is too much

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If 150 watts is too high then they shouldn't call it a 150 watt mod. You don't by a 200mph car and have it break apart at 200 and then have them say 200mph is too much

They didn't say it, I did.
You had miserable luck in the mod drawing. I hate to get something that everybody else has a good one and mine is a lemon.
But, if your reviews are based upon 150W users, perhaps you should also think about all the people who don't care about 150W.
I have this mod for three reasons.
First, it has enormous battery capacity with the dual 20700s.
Second, it will mount my Aromamizer Plus and not look silly doing it.
Third, I like the look and the hand feel of it.

I seem to have gotten lucky, the 510 pin in mine does not move when pressed. However, with my Plusses, they make good contact and have performed fine. Other tanks may not if all the Captains have a fixed pin. Maybe I'll risk screwing something longer in to see if it is just sticking. But not for a while. I like the mod and don't want to break it.

I know some will buy it for the high wattage capability. According to you, they will be disappointed. For me, this is what the G Class should have been. Nice form factor, easy to use menus, nice, easy to read screen. I like the way the 510 does not have a huge metal base too. I can mount other smaller tanks on it and they won't look misplaced.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
They didn't say it, I did.
You had miserable luck in the mod drawing. I hate to get something that everybody else has a good one and mine is a lemon.
But, if your reviews are based upon 150W users, perhaps you should also think about all the people who don't care about 150W.
I have this mod for three reasons.
First, it has enormous battery capacity with the dual 20700s.
Second, it will mount my Aromamizer Plus and not look silly doing it.
Third, I like the look and the hand feel of it.

I seem to have gotten lucky, the 510 pin in mine does not move when pressed. However, with my Plusses, they make good contact and have performed fine. Other tanks may not if all the Captains have a fixed pin. Maybe I'll risk screwing something longer in to see if it is just sticking. But not for a while. I like the mod and don't want to break it.

I know some will buy it for the high wattage capability. According to you, they will be disappointed. For me, this is what the G Class should have been. Nice form factor, easy to use menus, nice, easy to read screen. I like the way the 510 does not have a huge metal base too. I can mount other smaller tanks on it and they won't look misplaced.
Don't focus on one thing that didn't effect you. I have to review for every type of vapor. There are other issues then that. I need to check other reviews and see what they say too. I haven't watched any yet.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't focus on one thing that didn't effect you. I have to review for every type of vapor.

But, you didn't. You said it gets hot. Then say I didn't push enough watts into it. Yours is broken, that's for sure. But it has little to do with the mod as I experience it.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
But, you didn't. You said it gets hot. Then say I didn't push enough watts into it. Yours is broken, that's for sure. But it has little to do with the mod as I experience it.
Gets hot during my testing which pushes it to it's limit. I didn't specify what wattage it gets hot at. no mod will get hot at 40 watts lol.
I could assume it's broken, but i looked around today and jai haze, vaping with vic both had issues with it and gave it a bad review. DJL didn't review his yet because it has issues, he went back to ijoy and said they are working on a firmware to fix it, but he didn't state exactly what his issues were or what they are fixing so i'm clearly not the only one. I do have a rainbow one on the way. I'll do a retest when it arrives. Still with that sad, it's the same 510 design as the predator but with a dab of glue to keep it from popping out. I'm not a fan of it, but if it doesn't show up in my testing I wouldn't be concerned, when it shows up though that's an issue and the reason why i test stuff and don't just buy a new item, try it for a day and scream i love it lol

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
While I haven't looked inside for the mounting method, I will say that my 510 pin has no play/movement. Which concerns me.
Right now, it is happy with the Pluses I am using, but other tanks aren't going to be as happy I suspect.

Yeah, I get that yours is a bum unit. I'll have to look at your review sometime. I don't use reviews as it is one unit at one time.
As with this one for you and the G Class for me, one unit does not represent an entire line.

I rely upon users in forums. Lots of units over a lot of time collectively.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
While I haven't looked inside for the mounting method, I will say that my 510 pin has no play/movement. Which concerns me.
Right now, it is happy with the Pluses I am using, but other tanks aren't going to be as happy I suspect.

Yeah, I get that yours is a bum unit. I'll have to look at your review sometime. I don't use reviews as it is one unit at one time.
As with this one for you and the G Class for me, one unit does not represent an entire line.

I rely upon users in forums. Lots of units over a lot of time collectively.
That's a good source for sure but it's way too new of a mod to be able to do that yet. Give it about a month and then you'll know how users feel. The 1st few weeks is like the honeymoon period lol.

If by chance u have a sense blazer 200 tank can you try it on yours? Mine wouldn't fire on the captain

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a good source for sure but it's way too new of a mod to be able to do that yet. Give it about a month and then you'll know how users feel. The 1st few weeks is like the honeymoon period lol.

If by chance u have a sense blazer 200 tank can you try it on yours? Mine wouldn't fire on the captain

Here is the blazer 200 on mine with the .6 ceramic coil. The Captain is reading it at .57 and only fluctuates anywhere from .01 to .04 during use, when the tank was cold and first put on it read it at .59. I had my ECO12 on there right before that and went to take it off and the tank was burning hot but the top of the mod was just warm. I was vaping it at 95 watts with a hard preheat. I do use mod protectors under my tanks all the time though, that may have helped decrease the heat transfer.

I think I will like this mod better when I get some better 20700 batts for it. 3000 mah is the same as the good 18650 batts, just get higher amps. Want a good at least 30 amp 20700 with 4000 mah, these haven't been lasting for as long as I had hoped.
6535f8c213ae704ac420444c6aa857c1.jpg

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Here is the blazer 200 on mine with the .6 ceramic coil. The Captain is reading it at .57 and only fluctuates anywhere from .01 to .04 during use, when the tank was cold and first put on it read it at .59. I had my ECO12 on there right before that and went to take it off and the tank was burning hot but the top of the mod was just warm. I was vaping it at 95 watts with a hard preheat. I do use mod protectors under my tanks all the time though, that may have helped decrease the heat transfer.

I think I will like this mod better when I get some better 20700 batts for it. 3000 mah is the same as the good 18650 batts, just get higher amps. Want a good at least 30 amp 20700 with 4000 mah, these haven't been lasting for as long as I had hoped.
6535f8c213ae704ac420444c6aa857c1.jpg

Thanks! looks like QC issue possibly. I'll retest when my rainbow one arrives and do a re-review if need be

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I saw these being sold at a local B&M shop a couple of weeks ago, the dude at the counter was REALLY plugging the things hard, but I'm a LiPo/PWM freak so I thought nothing of it and ignored it.

Seems like a good thing that I did now, you guys seem pissed. IJoy seems to be hit and miss, they make a lot of good shit and a lot of shit shit.

The one thing I will say, that mod is ugly.

This mod is really comfy in your palm..

8QnyrM9.jpg

Yl4Qg4L.jpg

bHBTZmF.jpg

What RDA is that? I NEED one right now.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm getting ready to get the Captain and RDTA 5 next payday. I think that will be a GREAT match.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw these being sold at a local B&M shop a couple of weeks ago, the dude at the counter was REALLY plugging the things hard, but I'm a LiPo/PWM freak so I thought nothing of it and ignored it.

Seems like a good thing that I did now, you guys seem pissed. IJoy seems to be hit and miss, they make a lot of good shit and a lot of shit shit.

The one thing I will say, that mod is ugly.QUOTE]
I have two and like them both.
Knowing what I know now I'd still make the purchase.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I suppose if you get a good one, all is well.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've had mine for a few days now.
I've vaped it wattage mode (55-65 W) and TC (TCR mode for SS 430) at 450F 55-60W.
After the firmware update, I needed to turn the temp down to 420F.
Other than that, it's been a solid vape for me.
The included batteries only provide higher amps, nothing in the way of longer vape time.
I do have some of the Sanyo 4000 mah 20700s and of course they last longer. But wouldn't be suitable for high amp vapers.
The 18650 adapter they include will be used pretty soon for my 30Qs. No reason to carry the heavy things around if they provide little benefit to me.

I still have to see if the 510 pin is just stuck and needs exercised or if it is just fixed position.
Unfortunately, I have no time this weekend to do it.
It doesn't move at all with a Q-tip stick pushing on it.

I'll say this. If it were the only mod I had, I'd be happy with it and my Plus (it likes the fixed 510 pin).
If I needed another mod, I'd buy another if the price were right. I'd like to see the mod alone for $35-40, no batteries.
Now, if they included the Samsung 20700s, that'd be great.

This mod is a placeholder until my iPWM arrives. That one I'm really looking forward to!

Argie3

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FYI the canceled making the stickers :(
Indeed :(
Had ordered a pair with the mod from fasttech and suddenly I saw a few days ago the stickers being marked as discontinued...
Had asked them to delay sending my order for almost two weeks for the stickers to arrive, so was quite frustrated with the outcome...:cuss2:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I've vaped it wattage mode (55-65 W) and TC (TCR mode for SS 430) at 450F 55-60W.
The included batteries only provide higher amps, nothing in the way of longer vape time.
I do have some of the Sanyo 4000 mah 20700s and of course they last longer. But wouldn't be suitable for high amp vapers.
The 18650 adapter they include will be used pretty soon for my 30Qs. No reason to carry the heavy things around if they provide little benefit to me.

I still have to see if the 510 pin is just stuck and needs exercised or if it is just fixed position.

I'll say this. If it were the only mod I had, I'd be happy with it and my Plus (it likes the fixed 510 pin).
If I needed another mod, I'd buy another if the price were right. I'd like to see the mod alone for $35-40, no batteries.

This mod is a placeholder until my iPWM arrives. That one I'm really looking forward to!

It's shipping out tomorrow with the Epoxy of the gods holding the pot and meter in, so not only will you get it soon, this mod will probably last longer than your Earthly body.

Or at least the fucking glue will. It's a race against that and the bitter elements of the apocalypse that will be the world in 50-100 years eroding away at the aluminum.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The 510 is spring loaded, just a real stiff spring....at least on mine.

Hmmmm, so the firmware update makes the TC run hotter about 30F. I have been using mine with the ECO 12 in power mode the last 4 days. From what I remember though I thought TC ran hot about 20 to 25F, maybe it was the other way around though. Going to try it in TC again, if it is running hot for me then the firmware update will make it more so, will have to pass on it then.

Any other features you noticed with the firmware update?

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
This is why I stopped paying attention to the retail mod market a few months ago. After a while it literally just turns into the same shit being repackaged endlessly, only with minor tweaks here and there.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Any other features you noticed with the firmware update?

Nope didn't notice anything in the menus or the display. But I didn't poke at it much either.
I'll have to try pressing the 510 pin with the head end of a finishing nail. If it doesn't move, then I have a problem.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I used the included adapter to put a couple of 30Qs into the mod today.
They were fine, work well in other mods, just came off charge and were both fully charged.
When I put them in all is fine. Vapes well, display fine, etc.
After just a few hits, the battery meters are way out of sync.
Took them out swapped positions, etc. Still the reading on the display was way off.
So, while it's a nice idea, the adapter apparently does not make good solid contact.

Meter.jpg

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
This is the general problems with adapters made to force batteries or battery configurations inside a mod that the mod wasn't designed to hold. The idea is novel and all, but a vast majority of mods I've owned that had 'battery adapters' didn't work properly in the adapter modes.

One GOOD example of this was the older Vaporflask. It took a 26650, but had an adapter for an 18650. This is the ONLY instance of this ever working in my experience. Even the RX 2/3 had problems for me with the 2S mode adapter.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if it has been discussed yet but on another forum someone took the top off there Captain and low and behold it was not press fit, screwed in with a nut and all.

I decided to open up mine and yeah, the 510 is threaded with a nut to hold it in tight.

I know the reviewer samples were all press fit, that is why a lot of them had problems but it looks like iJoy listened and fixed the problem prior to release.

Here is my Captain which I bought the first day it was available.

You can see the 510 is not sealed though and a little juice seeped into mine. Make sure you don't use a leaky tank with this mod.

Kudos to iJoy for listening to the reviewers and making a change prior to production.
111cd449e1bb55c5d945d6b25ea10ad1.jpg
19924e979201cd83b257f52c5f665506.jpg

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't know if it has been discussed yet but on another forum someone took the top off there Captain and low and behold it was not press fit, screwed in with a nut and all.

I decided to open up mine and yeah, the 510 is threaded with a nut to hold it in tight.

I know the reviewer samples were all press fit, that is why a lot of them had problems but it looks like iJoy listened and fixed the problem prior to release.

Here is my Captain which I bought the first day it was available.

You can see the 510 is not sealed though and a little juice seeped into mine. Make sure you don't use a leaky tank with this mod.

Kudos to iJoy for listening to the reviewers and making a change prior to production.
111cd449e1bb55c5d945d6b25ea10ad1.jpg
19924e979201cd83b257f52c5f665506.jpg

This is good news, I really like this mod and I hope it gets better the last update seemed to reduce the lag when firing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors