IPV Mini 30W unboxing pics and 1st impressions

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hate hearing that about the Cloupor Mini 30w... it's size is so close to that of the VS DNA/rDNA and with the replaceable 18650... I was hoping to hear better things about it. Of course, considering the latest T6 and T8 reviews, perhaps I was asking too much.

I actually like the features and look of the Cloupor mini a lot , problem is i don't really have much confidence in Cloupor manufactured and designed chips .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did anyone say they expected otherwise from Nikkita? Or is that what you are saying?

This seems like a cheap shot at someone. Just not sure who.

Trust me your reading into this way too much but your correct , i was responding to your comment below whether it was in a joking manner or not.

I hope your review isn't going to be too bad as I just ordered one. Although as long as it doesn't singe my nose hairs I'll be okay with it.

I don't want Nikkita to even get an idea like this in her head , her reviews are honest and tells it like it is and i prefer for her to keep them that way .

People who pre order things before reviews come out take a big chance and i would hate any comments from them have an impact on their review .

There are way too many reviewers out there already that show clear favoritism to a product for a variety of reasons and i would really like to eliminate that. I guess you can say i am overly protective of Nikkita lol.

Last edited:

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let's face it... the Cloupor Mini is just another box mod with the corners rounded a little. If it weren't for the size, I'd not have much interest in it because of it being just a box. Right now, the manufacturers need to start being innovative with their style and more concerned with ergonomics than they are currently... I do share your lack of confidence in Cloupor due to their latest releases... their previous 30w mods have been ok though it seems... Only time can say either way

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't always agree with VH Fan's opinions... but I've never seen him take a cheap shot at others... you misunderstand his intentions is all I believe that is going on.

You don't , what the hell is wrong with you , get with the program lol. The reason you don't agree is because i'm usually always wrong, thats why , you know better .

And you are right , i don't cheap shot people . Now if i am viciously attacked without a good reason i can get pretty brutal but yes, i very very rarely start shit myself.

Oh, one last thing , most everybody doesn't get my intentions so thats no surprise.

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. I hope so.

Trust me that was no cheap shot , was it a mistake , maybe, by the way you took it , i certainly didn't mean to offend if thats what you want to know , but i make mistakes all the time.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't , what the hell is wrong with you , get with the program lol. The reason you don't agree is because i'm usually always wrong, thats why , you know better .

And you are right , i don't cheap shot people . Now if i am viciously attacked without a good reason i can get pretty brutal but yes, i very very rarely start shit myself.

I don't have the time to make that list :D

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh no dear, I was speaking of the IPV mini that doesn't have a flat DC signal .. the verdict is way out on the Cloupor Mini, although I would like to think that they could get the Mini right. Their Hana clone was for sure a flat DC signal.

I have the T8, haven't started using it yet .. the T6 was an utter disappointment on so many levels. For the T8 I can at least say that I like the enclosure and size a lot better. :)
After the crapfest the t5 turned out to be im not touching the t6 or the t8. But i do wonder what happened with the t7.
Im building an OKL box instead.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Variant clone is also a high frequency PWM chip, and unless you test it you would swear that it was a flat DC signal, not even the tiniest bit of rattlesnake. It vapes quieter than my proven flat DC signal devices. But .. Limwell did tell me it was a flat DC signal and its not.

It's good you can test to verify then , as long as it vape's like it no biggie.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Let's face it... the Cloupor Mini is just another box mod with the corners rounded a little. If it weren't for the size, I'd not have much interest in it because of it being just a box. Right now, the manufacturers need to start being innovative with their style and more concerned with ergonomics than they are currently... I do share your lack of confidence in Cloupor due to their latest releases... their previous 30w mods have been ok though it seems... Only time can say either way

Cloupor mini is nothing groundbreaking but it does seem to have all the things in the right place , good placement on buttons , replaceable battery by magnetic cover , nice screen . The chip scares me though

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Yes, this! I was a little disappointed that Cloupor didn't try to do little more with the box design, and I would say the exact same about the new Sigelei Mini as well .. boring, and basic.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
It's good you can test to verify then , as long as it vape's like it no biggie.

This is true, but some do have a thing against PWM .. I have been guilty of that too. I have since learned that its the frequency of PWM that makes one device using it possibly better than another.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To be specific... she said that she wasn't "excited" about it... that is far from saying she didn't like it

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Why don't you like the Cloupor mini?

Yea, I wouldn't say I don't like it, as much as the overall design of the box just doesn't thrill me. Its very basic and plain and I would like to see something with a little more style and imagination. I am the type of vaper who finds form/style and function to be equally important, I don't want one without the other. :)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, this! I was a little disappointed that Cloupor didn't try to do little more with the box design, and I would say the exact same about the new Sigelei Mini as well .. boring, and basic.
Boring and basic gets the job done though. I mean as of right now there are essentially tubes and boxes and until they can all get the basic functions of the device right such as true watt, voltage claims and smooth 510's then they should not try and branch out to far with dazzling aesthetics and power banks features imo. Of course there are the novelty mods that are far from being visually basic but who knows if they got the operating basics right on those.

This novelty mod always cracks me up though. vape sexy.jpg

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, thanks. You review a lot of stuff so wanted to understand why you didn't care for it. I am the other way. I like it for the clean lines.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Trust me that was no cheap shot , was it a mistake , maybe, by the way you took it , i certainly didn't mean to offend if thats what you want to know , but i make mistakes all the time.
FWIW I read you comment as complementing the OP. Generically I am OK with reviewers having a bias, so long as its consistant. If someone is a kanger fanboy, I get that, or if a person is a Siegeli fanboy the same. Right now I have a Sigelei, and its been good to me, soild build and I never worry about it.....so I am inclined to be biased to give them another shot, all things being nearly equal. When a reviewer says I was given this, I am keeping it for myself, I got no issues with that either. As someone said here or another thread, I use a mixture of multiple reviews anyway.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FWIW I read you comment as complementing the OP. Generically I am OK with reviewers having a bias, so long as its consistant. If someone is a kanger fanboy, I get that, or if a person is a Siegeli fanboy the same. Right now I have a Sigelei, and its been good to me, soild build and I never worry about it.....so I am inclined to be biased to give them another shot, all things being nearly equal. When a reviewer says I was given this, I am keeping it for myself, I got no issues with that either. As someone said here or another thread, I use a mixture of multiple reviews anyway.

I agree with you. Some reviewers rave over a mod, while others have a "meh, it works" type review. I look for the average vaper that bought the device giving it a review. There are reviewers who're obvious shills, it pretty easy to see when they constantly pimp a certain manufacturer or brand and have lots of giveaways from that manufacturer, and then there are reviewers who will post reviews based on their experiences even if it pisses the mod maker/atty maker off.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I agree. Box mods can get a little boring. Manufacturers need to do something a little different outside of internal specs to catch peoples eye. I want something a little different than a basic square box with a few rounded corners. It needs to have an appealing look and also feel good in the hand.

Rawmade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually just about (make that probably every) regulated mod is PWM.
The ones that claim to be a "flat DC signal" are just high frequency.
Usually so high they read flat on DMMs, youd only see it on a oscilloscope, zoomed in on the cycle.
In the vale scene most people have just been conditioned to call low frequency devices PWM, when in reality they all are.
In terms of usage however, the "flat DC" devices may as well be to the end user, the only way youd know otherwise is throwing it on a legit scope =)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Boring and basic gets the job done though. I mean as of right now there are essentially tubes and boxes and until they can all get the basic functions of the device right such as true watt, voltage claims and smooth 510's then they should not try and branch out to far with dazzling aesthetics and power banks features imo. Of course there are the novelty mods that are far from being visually basic but who knows if they got the operating basics right on those.

This novelty mod always cracks me up though. View attachment 10480

Agree 100% , functionality needs to be as good as can be first and foremost . It seems many of these manufacturers get you suckered in by the design and features and put functionality second , thats a no go with me.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK, thanks. You review a lot of stuff so wanted to understand why you didn't care for it. I am the other way. I like it for the clean lines.

I am drawn to it's clean lines and basic look myself , but this is coming from someone who loves the plain jane aesthetics of the Hana mod box lol.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I respect your opinion , i don't like reviewers who show bias though , we can disagree here.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually just about (make that probably every) regulated mod is PWM.
The ones that claim to be a "flat DC signal" are just high frequency.
Usually so high they read flat on DMMs, youd only see it on a oscilloscope, zoomed in on the cycle.
In the vale scene most people have just been conditioned to call low frequency devices PWM, when in reality they all are.
In terms of usage however, the "flat DC" devices may as well be to the end user, the only way youd know otherwise is throwing it on a legit scope =)

I can tell between devices that have that rattlesnake effect and ones that don't , many have a hard time telling though , what topper your using can have an effect with that.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

This novelty mod always cracks me up though. View attachment 10480

I don't completely disagree with this :)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't completely disagree with this :)

In actuality it would be nice if they can get both right , manufacturers don't need to make plain jane mods as aesthetics clearly sells mods , there's no question about that .

In my opinion though there's not much sense in getting one right and missing on the other , it still leads to a pretty good mod which could be a lot better , we as customers deserve better than that.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great review @Nikkita6 . Kinda wish I hadn't read your voltage testing as it gives it a slight black eye. But I think for the price point it should be a solid little device. I still plan on getting one after the initial rush is over. I'm sure one could be had for around the $45 range in a few months.

Did you notice any loose seam areas on the body like in Pbusardos review of the IPV2 where leaked juice could potentially get inside the body???

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree. Box mods can get a little boring. Manufacturers need to do something a little different outside of internal specs to catch peoples eye. I want something a little different than a basic square box with a few rounded corners. It needs to have an appealing look and also feel good in the hand.

If it's a box mod it's going to have four corners and appear box like , no getting around that , rounded corners are about as far as you can go and still have it appear to be a box mod.

I don't really consider the iPV mini and ZNA 's to be in the box mod category.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, great review Nikkita , it appears every small cheap mod in the replaceable battery category has issues , i can't recall a single one that got 5 stars across the board that was affordable.

Your observation on how low the battery voltage can go on this mod is very concerning , i don't like that at all, any lower than 3.7 on a regular basis will really start effecting battery longevity.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd go as far as saying that the ZNA and IPV Mini are hybrid box/tube mods .... a little of each and not as boring as either by itself

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd go as far as saying that the ZNA and IPV Mini are hybrid box/tube mods .... a little of each and not as boring as either by itself

Don't forget every persons opinion and what they find appealing can be very very different , you may find the basic box types like the Hana shape boring but many don't including me. I actually do not find the ZNA styled devices appealing but that is just me , i know others do.

Besides i think i'm boring so of course i'm going to prefer boring mods.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If it's a box mod it's going to have four corners and appear box like , no getting around that , rounded corners are about as far as you can go and still have it appear to be a box mod.

I don't really consider the iPV mini and ZNA 's to be in the box mod category.

I can roll with that. So it isn't a box mod. I guess that is what I really like about it then. :p

I guess when I think about box mods that I really don't like I think Hana and ones in that size range. Looks like you are vaping on a large can of Spam. LOL I have an rDNA. It is compact so I guess I deal with the fact that it is boring.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can roll with that. So it isn't a box mod. I guess that is what I really like about it then. :p

I guess when I think about box mods that I really don't like I think Hana and ones in that size range. Looks like you are vaping on a large can of Spam. LOL I have an rDNA. It is compact so I guess I deal with the fact that it is boring.

I don't see them as very big and i would much rather be seen vaping a box shape then something that looks like the below (ala tube mod) .

BsolaJdCYAMbDOQ.jpg

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't forget every persons opinion and what they find appealing can be very very different , you may find the basic box types like the Hana shape boring but many don't including me. I actually do not find the ZNA styled devices appealing but that is just me , i know others do.

Besides i think i'm boring so of course i'm going to prefer boring mods.

That is what is so good about vaping. We have a shit-ton of choices. Take my opinion on mech mods for instance. I don't use them and don't currently have one. But I used to. When I looked for a mech mod I wanted something different and unique. Something with texture and edges. More industrial style. Panzer, AR, Surfire Onyx, etc. Others love the plain simple tubes. Me I find them boring and nothing more than a polished metal tube that any competent machinist could make in less than an hour.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is what is so good about vaping. We have a shit-ton of choices. Take my opinion on mech mods for instance. I don't use them and don't currently have one. But I used to. When I looked for a mech mod I wanted something different and unique. Something with texture and edges. More industrial style. Panzer, AR, Surfire Onyx, etc. Others love the plain simple tubes. Me I find them boring and nothing more than a polished metal tube that any competent machinist could make in less than an hour.

You see , thats your preference then , nothing wrong with that , many people like stuff that stands out and is not so ordinary .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for making me cringe as I pick up my Provari to take a vape.

Man you got a Provari and a Vaporshark Rdna , sounds like your really living life .

You know it is possible Nikkita got a dud , that would really be unfortunate as there is really no excuse to send a bad review unit , it should have been thoroughly checked by the manufacturer.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Man you got a Provari and a Vaporshark Rdna , sounds like your really living life .

You know it is possible Nikkita got a dud , that would really be unfortunate as there is really no excuse to send a bad review unit , it should have been thoroughly checked by the manufacturer.

Not really. I bought the Provari, a blem satin silver, after selling off a huge lot of my first year vaping gear. Then got a second one for my birthday from my girlfriend. Also a blem satin silver. The rDNA I bought on a 20% off sale after selling my first Provari. My vape gear is like my smartphones. I sell to fund the next round.

And yeah she could have got a bad unit. If they want good word spread they should send a reviewer the best of the best of the best, sir!!! Sorry for the Men in Black reference. LOL

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Stop it lol , for those that are interested , your way too humble , we are all dying to read it . Thanks

No, you are way too nice! But if my self esteem should ever begin to suffer, I know who I am gonna pm :D

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Great review @Nikkita6 . Kinda wish I hadn't read your voltage testing as it gives it a slight black eye. But I think for the price point it should be a solid little device. I still plan on getting one after the initial rush is over. I'm sure one could be had for around the $45 range in a few months.

Did you notice any loose seam areas on the body like in Pbusardos review of the IPV2 where leaked juice could potentially get inside the body???

I completely agree hun ... I wish I had never did any voltage testing because I was all smiles until then. :p But that is why I also spoke about what my "real use" experience was, and the fact that I was not dissatisfied while using it. In fact I am still vaping it right now ..

Hopefully there will be more reviews put out soon, and consumers can weigh a number of opinions in order to decide. In spite of those #'s I still felt like it was a worthwhile purchase so long as consumers know what to expect.

There is a seam down the center front between the left and right panel of the device but its placement didn't leave me with any concerns. :)

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I respect your opinion , i don't like reviewers who show bias though , we can disagree here.
like we needed to see that?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

After thinking about it that is an ideal term for them , well done.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, you are way too nice! But if my self esteem should ever begin to suffer, I know who I am gonna pm :D

I can't see your self esteem ever suffering but surprisingly in the real World, many of the most respected and talented people alive suffer regularly with self esteem and self doubt , surprising but very true .

You can always count on me if you ever felt the need for a pep talk , i hope you know that.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I can't see your self esteem ever suffering but surprisingly in the real World, many of the most respected and talented people alive suffer regularly with self esteem and self doubt , surprising but very true .

You can always count on me if you ever felt the need for a pep talk , i hope you know that.

lol, you are correct my dear .. If anything I suffer from exceedingly high self esteem, which should not be confused with arrogance or conceit, but I am very confident person.

However, my sense of self belongs to me, so I don't live my life in a way where I expect everyone else to agree with my self image. I always feel humbled by kind, and complimentary words from my peers. :)

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
BTW Nikkita, your review does not make me regret my purchase. I like having the info, but I'm all about the vape. When contemplating my iStick purchase, I waffled back and forth based on what the last review I saw said. Phil's review talked me out of it at one point. Todd talked me back into it. :p No regrets as it is a great office & driving semi-stealth mod.

I suspect this purchase will be similar. I like having the info as it tells me how to use it and what to use on it. I just wish it would leave Hawaii!

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
BTW Nikkita, your review does not make me regret my purchase. I like having the info, but I'm all about the vape. When contemplating my iStick purchase, I waffled back and forth based on what the last review I saw said. Phil's review talked me out of it at one point. Todd talked me back into it. :p No regrets as it is a great office & driving semi-stealth mod.

I suspect this purchase will be similar. I like having the info as it tells me how to use it and what to use on it. I just wish it would leave Hawaii!

I feel like as consumers there is a lot that we can forgive so long as we are clear about what we are getting. And its not like the device was horrible, so I don't think you should regret your purchase either. I believe that most will be happy with it barring any more severe QC defects, and I hope your Mini gets to you soon :)

VU Sponsors