Become a Patron!

IPV MINI V2 70w AND SUBOX MINI STARTER KIT

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn....that's a nice deal on the IPV huh?
Hope I dont regret choosing the new Subox kit over it.

But it looks like my hopes of having a smaller mod to carry around and that will power my Subtank just flew out the window with this new Kbox Mini unfortunately.
I watched another unboxing video today.
They actually had an iStick 50w sitting on the desk at the time of the video so they quickly did a side by side.
The Kbox Mini is damn near the same size as the iStick believe it or not. Same height and almost as wide too. I couldn't really tell the depth in comparison but that also looked very close. God....why? It only has 1 battery for shits sake! I was really hoping it would be more the size of the iStick 30w but thats out the window.

It still should be a little lighter than the 50w but probably not by much.

Maynard

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Love my IPV Mini v2 and Kanger Subtank Mini.
Will keep me vaping plenty happy until I pull the trigger on the Subox purchase.

nom nom
20150428_172559.jpg

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely a nice set-up man.
Thats why it was one or the other for me....

Just pull the trigger and JOIN US.....
JOIN US.....JOIN US!!!!
Muahahahaha :cool:

Maynard

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Definitely a nice set-up man.
Thats why it was one or the other for me....

Just pull the trigger and JOIN US.....
JOIN US.....JOIN US!!!!
Muahahahaha :cool:
:D
Thanks man. Dremeled out the juice channels about 15-20% on that subtank (was a little dry for my high vg mix) and it vapes heavenly.

Did you already throw down on that Subox Mini pre-order??
I'm dying to, but gonna wait a few weeks. Definitely my next setup, black on black, as long as the finishes on those tanks checks out.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:D
Thanks man. Dremeled out the juice channels about 15-20% on that subtank (was a little dry for my high vg mix) and it vapes heavenly.

Did you already throw down on that Subox Mini pre-order??
I'm dying to, but gonna wait a few weeks. Definitely my next setup, black on black, as long as the finishes on those tanks checks out.

I never had alot of trouble with wicking on this Subtank.
But mine is relatively new though....it has the newer juice channels.
When did you get yours? Maybe it had the other channels.

Did you see the updated RBA deck on the new Subtank Mini yet??
Shouldnt have any wicking issues with that damn thing!
They milled out 2 huge holes in that circular casing that the deck sits in!
Now it looks more like their OCC coils from the outside.
Its actually kinda funny that no one ever thought of doing that instead of filing the channels.
I bet it works great. Sometimes the most crude straight forward approach works the best, ya know? We'll see.
Now let hope it hasn't opened the door to tank flooding.

Yeah...Im locked into the pre-order.
The more videos I see has got me wondering if it was the right decision or not. But I would've bought that new Subtank regardless man.
So I'm thinking it was the right choice for me because I would want a nice matching set-up.
I just didnt like seeing how big the thing was when I was looking to get something a bit smaller, thats all.
And the finish on that Kbox Mini doesnt look as nice as the finish on thr iStick s either. So that kinda bums me out too.
Hopefully it doesnt rub right off like it does on the IPV Mini V2.

Until then Im still enjoying both of my iSticks....
IMG_20150524_235300086.jpg

Maynard

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Nice istick setups, Black. :cool:
I never had alot of trouble with wicking on this Subtank.
But mine is relatively new though....it has the newer juice channels.
When did you get yours? Maybe it had the other channels
Got mine a couple months ago. Would be fine for higher PG mix, but the only pg I use in my mixes is the flavors and nic.
And I like a juicy vape that's feedin' the coil a plenty at slightly warmer temperature.

Did you see the updated RBA deck on the new Subtank Mini yet??
Shouldnt have any wicking issues with that damn thing!
They milled out 2 huge holes in that circular casing that the deck sits in!
Now it looks more like their OCC coils from the outside.
Its actually kinda funny that no one ever thought of doing that instead of filing the channels.
I bet it works great. Sometimes the most crude straight forward approach works the best, ya know? We'll see.
Now let hope it hasn't opened the door to tank flooding.
yeah that new RBA with the big holes high on the side,, flooding concern, or decreased performance possibly when the tanks even just half empty and the big holes not fully submerged.
That's an advantage that goes to the bottom fed channel design, imo. We'll see how the new ones perform.

I got a good thing going though with these dremeled channels... ;)
Kanger_Drem.jpg

Yeah...Im locked into the pre-order.
The more videos I see has got me wondering if it was the right decision or not. But I would've bought that new Subtank regardless man.
So I'm thinking it was the right choice for me because I would want a nice matching set-up.
I just didnt like seeing how big the thing was when I was looking to get something a bit smaller, thats all.
And the finish on that Kbox Mini doesnt look as nice as the finish on thr iStick s either. So that kinda bums me out too.
Hopefully it doesnt rub right off like it does on the IPV Mini V2.

Yep, thinking same as you about this black subox mod, hoping the finish won't get all chippy (my IPV Mini v2 is chipped/scratched/rubbed badly already). Doesn't look like it will.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a good thing going though with these dremeled channels... ;)
Kanger_Drem.jpg

Great job!
That'll do the trick.
Did you just use a grinding wheel to widen the existing channels?
And does that help you increase your power without a burnt taste?

Ive been kinda stuck at the 25w range.
It seems that when I go up to 28-30w I start getting a burnt taste.
I too use all VG except for the flavoring and Nic.

Last edited:

Maynard

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great job!
That'll do the trick.
Did you just use a grinding wheel to widen the existing channels?
And does that help you increase your power without a burnt taste?

Ive been kinda stuck at the 25w range.
It seems that when I go up to 28-30w I start getting a burnt taste.
I too use all VG except for the flavoring and Nic.
Yeah, I used a thin wheel to carefully dremel the existing channels, enlarging them by about 15-20%.
I was able to press the watts up after increasing juice flowage, coils popping nicely throughout a long draw, and never floods.
You probably already have your airflow wide open on that Subtank. That combined with more generous juice flow should allow for increased wattage without dry hit or burnt taste.

Last edited:

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I used a thin wheel to carefully dremel the existing channels, enlarging them by about 15-20%.
I was able to press the watts up after increasing juice flowage, coils popping nicely throughout a long draw, and never floods.
You probably already have your airflow wide open on that Subtank. That combined with more generous juice flow should allow for increased wattage without dry hit or burnt taste.

I have it wide open when I want a big lung hit, but it actually stays on the smaller air flow settings for just general purpose mouth to lung hits and better flavor.

I'm really curious how that new RBA will handle the juice,
and if Kanger is willing to exchange them for the regular decks if people start having issues.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Opening the airflow actually decreases the juice flow... it doesn't get as much back pressure to pull the liquid into the channels. So if you do happen to get flooding, opening the air flow helps with that since not as much juice is pulled in.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the most informative first look video I've seen on this set-up so far....

Im not saying its great...but better than the others out there right now.

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the comments, a Kangertech rep addressed whether the 510 was spring loaded or not:
"Kangertech noticed this and hence make the 510 connection more flexible which easy to fit other device. Presently not yet but our engineers will study this. At present, fixed 510 connection seem more stable and reliable."

Another version TBA?
The reviews just make me want to pre-order one even more.

Last edited:

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good lookin rigs, I ordered a black one from a forum sponsor yesterday, but now after watching these videos I might need to order a white one too.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn it..I give up...ordering a white one...

I really wanted both just so I dress up as Darth Vader one day and be able to smoke a matching piece , and also be able to wear my Stormtrooper outfit with no worries too :)

Maynard

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Kangertech said:
"Kangertech noticed this and hence make the 510 connection more flexible which easy to fit other device. Presently not yet but our engineers will study this. At present, fixed 510 connection seem more stable and reliable."

So the pin is fixed, not spring loaded?
That explains the nasty gap between the tank and mod in those promo pics.
Eww
Call me when Kanger quits making excuses about it and fixes this.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love how people get all uppidty over ONE promo photo with some gap, but dont take the time to really hone in on them in the actual videos or the hand full of other photos.

In every video I have seen on this tank and set up, there is literally ZERO gap.

Last edited:

Maynard

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not a fan of fixed pins. The Subtank may or may not sit flush now since that promo pic was posted, but there will inevitably be issues with other tanks sitting flush (or even contacting the pin at all possibly in some cases) on the fixed pin of that mod.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya, know, they keep talking about never being able to create the "perfect" mod , rda or battery. But if manufactures would pay just ONE person to spend a little time on these forums, just to see what the mass of people had to say about a product, and not rely on youtube video reviews or written in customer complaints. Id be willing to bet a company could get real close to making something special.

It may be nice, it may be horrible. But only one photo shows this gap. Kinda sucks it had to be the main photo that got sent around the entire freaking world. Ha

The leaky issue on the first batch of Subtanks was a synch to fix. Apparently I have a v1, v2 with the air holes being the variant, and am waiting on the preordered black and white version.

So till these come out, Ill keep on puffing along on my other Subtanks....

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a fan of fixed pins. The Subtank may or may not sit flush now since that promo pic was posted, but there will inevitably be issues with other tanks sitting flush (or even contacting the pin at all possibly in some cases) on the fixed pin of that mod.

Now thats pretty shitty!
Put out a set-up like this with a fixed pin??

Are we certain this is the case though??
I could swear in one of the videos I saw the guy said the pin is spring loaded. If he couldnt tell that pin was fixed while having it in his hands he would have to be the BIGGEST BOOGER EATING MORON!
But every village needs one....:confused:

Guess I should be grateful all my other tanks have floating pins then.

Last edited:

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep. It's fixed. Just saw this on the Kangertech Facebook page...

Adiy Adiyanto Liong:

connector 510 spring loaded or adjustable?

Kangertech:
it is fixed

https://m.facebook.com/Kangertech/posts/1570223983242731

Dumb move Kanger.
Man that was a bad move.
Theyll definitley get tongue lashed for this one!
.....but will they listen is the big question???

and what about this idiot reviewer?
i guess these companies just send these units out to ANYONE with a YouTube channel anymore huh?

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^^^^
Dont even watch this one then, it took me 3 trys, and i still only understand about half of what he says

jfdibutton

Member For 4 Years
Dumb move Kanger.
Man that was a bad move.
Theyll definitley get tongue lashed for this one!
.....but will they listen is the big question???

and what about this idiot reviewer?
i guess these companies just send these units out to ANYONE with a YouTube channel anymore huh?
Yeah, I am thinking I should start doing reviews on YouTube. It would save me a ton of money, lol. The problem is that I wouldn't be satisfied uploading sub-par videos and don't have the equipment and knowledge to shoot and edit anything quality. Plus I am not a fan of having my picture taken let alone video.

Seriously though it is starting to seem like anyone with a cheap webcam and 10 minutes to throw together a video is getting free stuff to review.

jfdibutton

Member For 4 Years
^^^^
Dont even watch this one then, it took me 3 trys, and i still only understand about half of what he says

OMG, could he NOT open the package right by the mic!?!?! And attempt to speak clearly? I only made it thru about a minute and that was pushing it. This is not saying anything about the accent, I have watched many reviewers with much thicker accents and had no problems. In fact I think I prefer the reviewers with accents as I tend to pay more attention and retain more of the info.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree. BUT The amount of time it takes to properly edit and film a good video that makes people want to watch is mind boggling. Those that do it RIGHT have to put a lot of effort into it, and even then many still kind of suck. I see many, 'one-take' style videos and literally want to bash my head in

jfdibutton

Member For 4 Years
I agree. BUT The amount of time it takes to properly edit and film a good video that makes people want to watch is mind boggling. Those that do it RIGHT have to put a lot of effort into it, and even then many still kind of suck. I see many, 'one-take' style videos and literally want to bash my head in
I fully agree, the ones that do it right put a TON of work and time into them an deserve the freebies and the extra freebies to give away.

As I stated I know any video I shot would not be one of those 'one-take' videos. Hence why I won't be putting myself through the hassle and anyone that would try to watch them through that kind of torture of watching them just to get free stuff.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^^^^

That's the first one that I watched actually.
If I remember right, this was the guy that said the black drip tip is metal.
Every other video from every other person said it was Delrin.
You mean to tell me you can't even tell the difference between metal and plastic???
Hell... this may have even been the idiot that said it was spring loaded.
I can't remember and Im not going through another 10 minutes of BS to check.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That stuff DOES take alot of time.
I really don't see how anyone that has a full time job would even HAVE the kind of time it takes to put together "good" videos on all these different products. Could be a hobby for them though... who knows.
Guess I'd just rather be doing other crap.

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now thats pretty shitty!
Put out a set-up like this with a fixed pin??

Are we certain this is the case though??
I could swear in one of the videos I saw the guy said the pin is spring loaded. If he couldnt tell that pin was fixed while having it in his hands he would have to be the BIGGEST BOOGER EATING MORON!
But every village needs one....:confused:

Guess I should be grateful all my other tanks have floating pins then.

One of the longer early reviews says the pin is spring loaded and he tests a variety of rda's on it. He says it's stiff, but there's play so it must be. Kangertech adds in the comments that it's not. But it sounds as if they've done something to give it slight movemet (as in "squish" I think). There's about 5 reviews now and soon more.

Kanger also responded to it being ceramic coating (TVC's review?) and it's NOT. 'It's a high quality paint'. That gave me heebie-jeebies. Several reviewers noted the white scratched. One had a chip come off from removing the battery door. This only seemed to happen with the white, but that's the one I wanted.

All the reviewers seemed blown away with the quality overall. Even if Kanger comes out with a revision, I don't think it'll devalue this one. Gotta admit, for the price of a mod and atty, it's a great deal. Much better than someoe could get even an istick and cheap atty for.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tell you what, Im curious as well. If this next week is a good one to me, Ill buy a second white kit with the sold intention of trying to scratch the shit out of the paint job and will let you weary peeps now what the results are. If its a legitimate issue, it needs to get addressed right away.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like it finally arrived!:D:D:D
I wont be able to check it out until tonight after work though.:(

Im not someone thats going rave and rave over how wonderful something is.
If its nice...Ill normally just say its nice and a little bit more.
However....if its shitty in any way Im more than willing to warn others about its shittiness in GREAT DETAIL! ;) Haha.

So if ya dont see a big list of complaints....Im probably pretty content with it.
And at $58 shipped to the door, I cant imagine this thing pissing me off all That Much.

I guess we'll see....

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tell you what, Im curious as well. If this next week is a good one to me, Ill buy a second white kit with the sold intention of trying to scratch the shit out of the paint job and will let you weary peeps now what the results are. If its a legitimate issue, it needs to get addressed right away.

Well I don't think the white has shipped yet, but I haven't forgotten. lol.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My black one is on the way from china, the white one is coming from Cali but not sure if it really has shipped. I have tracking on blacky tho..

Even tho my week was terrible for business, I will do a special stress test either way just for you guys. It will be something special, so if you are interested, southernmostvapers youtube channel will be showing that review within the week. I am working on the eVic VV VT box mod right now. Consider subscribing :)

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
o far....I like it guys.
After 4-5 days straight use theres not anything I can really bitch about. The finish had a couple tiny uniformities upon arrival. its a satin black finish. anyone thats done their ride in satin black will understand. no scratches so far....fingers crossed. the buttons are very solid. to me...the tank feels a bit light in comparison to the original mini....but i dont have a friggin tweeeeker scale to tell for sure. Straight up....I'm digg'n it ...but the finish is stilll worrysome even though i havent jacked it up yet. Pbastardo did say something about an upcoming spring loaded pin that would be Awesome...but if you are just going to use the set-up as "the set -up" it shouldnt matter. great starter kit for sure. this kit actually just converted one of my hard core 20+ year smoker friends. so that says a little. i personally smoked for 25 years and wished this kit was available afew months back. it would have saved me quite a bit. ;)

Big_Jake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i have the black ipv mini 2 and the paint wears off extremely fast lol. Another problem i have with mine is the screw top for the battery is now stripped out. I've never used the plugin charge feature but thats what im going to resort to until i can find a new mod. Ive liked it so far tho

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Super Savers

Thanks for this Aikanae!

Its actually a dollar cheaper than what I got the black and red one for from Vape Street.
I tried to see if I could get the white one from them for the same $58 I paid for the other but they said no...the promotion is over.
Jeeeeeze... no exception for returning customers that just bought from them I guess. I wont bag on them too much as the pre-order and lightning fast shipment of my black one went butter smooth, but come on guys....you know you're going to be running a sale on them soon again anyways.

I was a bit skeptical of Vape Super Savers at first.
But I called him and talked with him (Tom) quite a bit.
He had answers for all my questions without any hesitation which is a positive sign. He knew things about different Vape maunufacturers that I know to be true, which is also another positive sign. So those two factors and the fact that he actually picked up the phone and English seemed to be his first language makes me feel pretty good about the purchase. If something goes wrong I'll be sure to let everyone know!
Oh...and he also said that white version will be shipping from Him to the pre-order customers this Friday.

He also was telling me that the delay with the White version's release was due to a PAINT ISSUE!
Kanger didnt go into detail with him about it but apparently the paint wasnt holding up to their standards... whatever that may be.
So Hopefully they have it corrected with this batch and we wont get screwed!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm really glad to hear that they're holding up the white because of the paint. On the first video that came out the white paint was flaking, which put me off getting one!

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for this Aikanae!

Its actually a dollar cheaper than what I got the black and red one for from Vape Street.
I tried to see if I could get the white one from them for the same $58 I paid for the other but they said no...the promotion is over.
Jeeeeeze... no exception for returning customers that just bought from them I guess. I wont bag on them too much as the pre-order and lightning fast shipment of my black one went butter smooth, but come on guys....you know you're going to be running a sale on them soon again anyways.

I was a bit skeptical of Vape Super Savers at first.
But I called him and talked with him (Tom) quite a bit.
He had answers for all my questions without any hesitation which is a positive sign. He knew things about different Vape maunufacturers that I know to be true, which is also another positive sign. So those two factors and the fact that he actually picked up the phone and English seemed to be his first language makes me feel pretty good about the purchase. If something goes wrong I'll be sure to let everyone know!
Oh...and he also said that white version will be shipping from Him to the pre-order customers this Friday.

He also was telling me that the delay with the White version's release was due to a PAINT ISSUE!
Kanger didnt go into detail with him about it but apparently the paint wasnt holding up to their standards... whatever that may be.
So Hopefully they have it corrected with this batch and we wont get screwed!

I've ordered from Vape Super Savers several times and have been impressed. He used to work at Kanger. He's been very straight forward about issues and shipping has been fast. He also has a thread on VU.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received the white kit last night....
and Im sorry to say that Im not impressed with it like I was with the black kit.

Im not sure what it is with this finish, but its very offputting to me. It reminds me of something that I really dont like and I just cant put my finger on it right now.
Hopefully it will come to me later on.
Anyways, its a flat white finish that looks really weird, at least to me.
IMHO it gives the mod kind of a cheap and shitty look, which is quite opposite of what I was thinking.
In the pictures I thought the white gave it a really classy look, but this just isnt the case in person.

The feel of it (to me) is also different from the black.
It feels solid and everything... just different.
To me its odd, and I dont know why.
I hope I can figure it out.

Anyhow.... it is what it is.
A great mod, but the looks fall far short with this one.
I wont be recommending the white version to anyone
But the black and red version is AWESOME!:cool:

the one good thing i can say about the white is its very easy to see and will be less likely to get knocked over.:)

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since I dont like looks of it STR8 OUTDA G8.....
This mod could very easily become my Beater :D
But who knows....it might grow on me.
(like a fungus)

VU Sponsors