Become a Patron!

IPV4 Mod in Black

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mines out on delivery can't wait to get a hold of it! Looks really nice bro!

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
4bc5f50ce58b456fc25f8e268413f5bb.jpg

6a90710c9c46990f68ee3a9b8a50093f.jpg

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The screen is much brighter without a doubt, just wonder how the paint will hold up, hopefully they did it better than the IPV mini that just falls off if you breath on it.

But it does look very good, and good to see the black are actually getting out to people at last.

Piyohiko

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I feel you bro. Until I got this, the ipv4 mini was all I had and it looked like a garbage can when the paint came offuploadfromtaptalk1432663724289.jpg

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woke up to see the Smog Group Buy announced they are finally getting their shipment this week. Hope I don't have any trouble with USPS now.

Piyohiko

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Literally dropped my black ipv4 in the toilet this morning. It wasn't on and I haven't turned bit on yet. Letting the device and batteries dry before I turn it on. How fucked am I...

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Literally dropped my black ipv4 in the toilet this morning. It wasn't on and I haven't turned bit on yet. Letting the device and batteries dry before I turn it on. How fucked am I...
OMG that is horrible! Let us all know the outcome of this!

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pack that bad boy in some rice for a couple days. And hope it drys everything out. Blow it out with some compressed air first.

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did you immediately pull the batteries? It might be okay if you open it up and let it dry thoroughly for a few days. I also heard somewhere that setting electronic devices in a paper bag and covering them in rice for a couple days will help draw out any residual moisture, but I don't have any first hand experience with it, so I don't know how much stock to put in that.

Edit: I see Mykline beat me to it, so maybe it does work.

Piyohiko

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I pulled them right away and wiped them down. Put them on the window will to dry. I will try the rice when I get home and report back in a few days.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn, sorry to hear that. Hope it works once dried out.

Piyohiko

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dude thanks that's awesome! I will check in with you in about 3 days hopefully it works but if not thanks for the hook up

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And THAT, Sir is why you shouldn't VOOP!!! J/K ,man sorry to hear that and so soon after receiving it. Well i have good news Smog Distro. finally getting their black IPV4's shipped to them, so hope fully by next week it will be shipped out to us(the customers). Yay I can't wait.

Piyohiko

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha wasn't even vooping though when it happened even though I enjoy a nice Voop.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Observing your voop? It doesn't magically end up in your toilet lol....

Piyohiko

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay here's the story... It was sitting on top of my portable dishwasher ( full size but on wheels) along with my coffee when out of nowhere.... BAM I bumped into the dishwasher and down she goes :'(

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tragic bud, tragic.... :/ we will all mourn your box mod. May he/she rest in peace/pieces.....lol jk! Hope the rice in the bag and other methods help you out!

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Latest on the Smog Group Buy...

"Black IPV4 (all rounds) will be delivered on Tuesday, 6/9/15. I will do my best to have these shipped out immediately :) " - SMOG

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
my wife has dropped countless phones in the toilet. we always got them working again by letting them sit in a bag of rice for a few days. now she has a iphone with a life proof case. hope she will never need rice again.

Mad Mensch

Member For 4 Years
I just got an IPV4 black this past weekend from ShopMVG and my device was defective on arrival with the well documented "check atomizer" issue. From what I've read on other websites, there are two versions of the device with different looking internals and the one I got was the earlier version which has been known to have that check atomizer issue.

Good luck if you find one, hopefully yours is without issue!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just got an IPV4 black this past weekend from ShopMVG and my device was defective on arrival with the well documented "check atomizer" issue. From what I've read on other websites, there are two versions of the device with different looking internals and the one I got was the earlier version which has been known to have that check atomizer issue.

Good luck if you find one, hopefully yours is without issue!
Its only missing insulation tape on the charging board. Open it up there should be two.clear pieces of tape on the top left and bottom right.

Mad Mensch

Member For 4 Years
Its only missing insulation tape on the charging board. Open it up there should be two.clear pieces of tape on the top left and bottom right.

Thanks for the heads up. Do you happen to have a link with pics? I've never tinkered with these devices so I don't want to screw it up and void the warranty at the same time.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Its two screws you won't mess anything up pulling the cover. Just look for two pieces of tape on the top board. ones right under the 510 and the other is on the bottom right facing the battery

Mad Mensch

Member For 4 Years

So just for clarification. Open it up and find the clear pieces of tape on the upper left and bottom right and cover those pieces with insulation tape?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I'll try and take pictures tomorrow I'd do it now but the mod was abducted by my brother today.

Mad Mensch

Member For 4 Years
Yeah I'll try and take pictures tomorrow I'd do it now but the mod was abducted by my brother today.

Lol thank goodness my wife doesn't vape. I appreciate that and I'll look forward to checking back in tomorrow. Thanks Dre!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Google search ipv4 mod charging board and look at the images you'll see what I mean if you wanna know now :)

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Its not a end all cure all problems but its a pretty known one that causes fried charge boards and the check Atty problem.

Mad Mensch

Member For 4 Years
Its not a end all cure all problems but its a pretty known one that causes fried charge boards and the check Atty problem.

I found a link to a thread on this forum that has full pics of the board and I see what you mean now. I'm going to try this tonight. Thank you!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Take your batteries out and hit the fire button I'm not sure If the board has capacitors that could hold some energy. Just to be safe. :)

Mad Mensch

Member For 4 Years
Take your batteries out and hit the fire button I'm not sure If the board has capacitors that could hold some energy. Just to be safe. :)

So I took the cover off and it looks like the areas you mentioned already have insulation on them. I'll try to post pics. Now I'm at a loss of what to do.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433827756.961079.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433827791.129775.jpg

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn so your issue is the mod won't read any Atty? Always says check att..

Mad Mensch

Member For 4 Years
Damn so your issue is the mod won't read any Atty? Always says check att..

Yeah no matter what I put on it, always says check atty. there's a thread on reddit with a handful of people with this exact same issue for the IPV4 mod in Black

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well at least it will be easy to get a replacement or refund. I recently got the evic vt which is a other good choice.

Mad Mensch

Member For 4 Years
Well at least it will be easy to get a replacement or refund. I recently got the evic vt which is a other good choice.

I'm still waiting for my replacement or refund from shopmvg.com. I doubt I will ever shop on that site ever again.

I really want to like the Evic VT but I can't get past that horrendous racing stripe. It's like these Chinese manufacturers think all Americans must like muscle cars and surfing. That's like me making a box mod for the Chinese with math equations all over it.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm still waiting for my replacement or refund from shopmvg.com. I doubt I will ever shop on that site ever again.

I really want to like the Evic VT but I can't get past that horrendous racing stripe. It's like these Chinese manufacturers think all Americans must like muscle cars and surfing. That's like me making a box mod for the Chinese with math equations all over it.
Write a review under vendors bro.

VU Sponsors