VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So a leaking seal is the vapers fault and practice will make it better? It's tricky to vape? Are you for real dude? The fucking tank leaks, it's not a problem with vaping it right. It's just a leaking fucking tank that needs a better fucking seal. Holy shit, I can't believe you even posted that.

LOL - these are most of his posts.. off topic and/or ridiculous.. I've decided to no longer reply to them..

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Back onto the topic - I haven't had any issues with the subtank leaking so far - been using it for about a week now on the same wick (finally just changed it out a few min ago) - I have heard of some people having issues and like previous posters - there was some issues with the orings.. Maybe I got lucky but I do plan on getting the Mini at some point soon just for the 22mm diameter..

Also Drone - if you want the updated peek insulators for free - email kanger support and they will sent them to you for no charge.. My order was put in already so I they said will be shipping out next week sometime

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back onto the topic - I haven't had any issues with the subtank leaking so far - been using it for about a week now on the same wick (finally just changed it out a few min ago) - I have heard of some people having issues and like previous posters - there was some issues with the orings.. Maybe I got lucky but I do plan on getting the Mini at some point soon just for the 22mm diameter..

Also Drone - if you want the updated peek insulators for free - email kanger support and they will sent them to you for no charge.. My order was put in already so I they said will be shipping out next week sometime

The seeping, not a big leak started after about 2 weeks of use on my big Subtank. I think there have been enough complaints about leaking that it appears to be a legitimate issue. And I'm sure Kanger either has addressed this, if there is a new design of the bottom oring, or will address it at some point. Like I said, I haven't had any issues with the mini yet, so perhaps this is not an issue at all with the new smaller tanks.

The mini I got already has the peek insulators, both top and bottom. And you're right Vaped that Kanger is offering replacements for free for any existing tank owners with the old insulators. Kudos to Kanger for reacting so quickly on that and providing insulators for free.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The seeping, not a big leak started after about 2 weeks of use on my big Subtank. I think there have been enough complaints about leaking that it appears to be a legitimate issue. And I'm sure Kanger either has addressed this, if there is a new design of the bottom oring, or will address it at some point. Like I said, I haven't had any issues with the mini yet, so perhaps this is not an issue at all with the new smaller tanks.

The mini I got already has the peek insulators, both top and bottom. And you're right Vaped that Kanger is offering replacements for free for any existing tank owners with the old insulators. Kudos to Kanger for reacting so quickly on that and providing insulators for free.

Yup - I really am pleased with Kanger since the subtank dropped.. I couldn't ask for a better, easier vape right now - and I never thought I would rave about a kanger product again since the protanks started coming out - I always bought the new versions and they usually disappointed.. but now I'm a happy vaper for sure!

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm just using a couple vapebands til I get the replacement O-rings from kanger. I emailed their customer support the other day and they are sending me 4 of the re-designed o-rings and a set of the PEEK insulators for the RBA deck.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup - I really am pleased with Kanger since the subtank dropped.. I couldn't ask for a better, easier vape right now - and I never thought I would rave about a kanger product again since the protanks started coming out - I always bought the new versions and they usually disappointed.. but now I'm a happy vaper for sure!

Don't hesitate to get the 22mm mini. There are some very big improvements in the design. The biggest is probably the build deck and the airflow it has. The airflow is better than the big tank by a huge margin with the slotted largest position, and even with the build deck it feels the equivalent of the Atlantis airflow. I wasn't really pleased with the performance of the build deck on the 25mm tank because of the reduced airflow, but with the mini I think this is the best RTA and the best clearo (with the pre-built heads) I have ever used. Just really amazing. I'll keep my Atlantis for now just to see what they do with the build deck they're going to release, but it will just sit for now while I use the mini.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeah, the girlfriends subtank seeps a bit from the bottom...
the tank glass will rotate on the gaskets with very little effort...
she just rotates the glass a bit when she notices the seepage on the airflow ring, it will finally stop...
not a fix, just a stopgap measure...
we have the 22mm tank on order...
i might just get my russian 91 back!!

KillaB3E

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using the Danco #14 O-rings for the last week or so, I got them from Lowes for 3 bucks or something like that. The O-Ring fits PERFECTLY on the subtank base, I went ahead and put it directly on top of the red O-ring and slowly screw everything together. As I'm screwing the base onto the tank, a small part of the rubber washer will bulge out, I push it back in and keep pushing in each bulge until the tank is nice and tight. I've had a few leaks here and there, but for the most part it's leak free.

Check out my reply on page 1 for pictures of the O-ring boxes. Post #41.

Good luck,

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So far no leakage from my Mini that I bought two days ago. Vaped through five tanks using the RBA head @ 30w.

Only one thing its pissing juice every where. From the vent holes and from the bottom glass... Its anoying...
By any chance anyone found a fix for this?
Thanks!

the problem is not the glass or the o-rings .... it's actually the metal frame thats not str8 , if you look at it after its all together you will notice that one edge of the glass is kinda sticking out on one side and indented on the other .....like a hair but enough to let it leak

I also found that if you take the spare TOP o-ring and put it on the bottom it will seal it up .... with all that said i also ordered a subtank mini and have zero leaks with that one on either the coil or rba.

and if you use the rba then make sure your top cap is tight whenever you refill or it will just pour juice thru the air ring

Last edited:
I've had the tank about 4 weeks, has leaked for 3 weeks. Out of 8 of us 4 leak, at 50% to me that's unacceptable. Had I dropped my tank I would understand but I haven't and at least 2 others haven't either so I will be going back to my atlantis.

Just posted this on Reddit but I thought I would post here too if it helps. If your glass is removable, its most likely that you have a faulty tank. I swapped my tank out and now that the glass is non-removable and I have zero leaks. Please let me know.

TowerOfVape

RISH of Passage
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Your top or bottom seals aren't sealing, the vacuum that is normally in the tank is not there, so atmospheric pressure coupled with taking a toot forces more juice into the coil than can be vaporized.

I learned that to counter-act this "pressure," I tried (with success) 2 things based on experiences I've had with other types of attys such as the AMP Tank. One is to fill the tank inverse, seal the cap, take a few dry hits, then flip it over upright before attaching to your PV. Second is if your sub-tank has been sitting for a while, do the "genny" tilt (vape at an inverted 45-60 degree angle) for a few hits, then flip it upright. Both small things helped "seal" any leaking issues by relieving pressure at stress points that the o-rings can't completely compensate for.

Petrus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is my experience with both the regular size subtank and the mini. When using the rba, no leaks. When using the pre built coils, sometimes it leaks, sometimes it doesn't. I thought it was how I screwed it on and maybe there is a "right" way on getting the tank on so it won't leak. Then I started to rebuild the pre built coils. I noticed if I didn't have enough cotton in there, the tank leaked everywhere, not just the airflow hole. More cotton, problem solved.

My experience, ymmv

There is a solution for leaking, of subtank...

The bottom o-ring is asymmetric, check the if it convex side up and the flat one to the bottom. Works for me, after 4 weeks of leaking finally i have it dry.

That fix didn't work for me. What stopped my leak was poking an extra bit of cotton into the atty. Cut a small piece, about the size of a Tic Tac candy, and pushed it in through the top hole of the atty putting it to one side of the coil.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I guess I got lucky with my full sized ST.. not a single leaking issue.. I broke the glass on mine and just got a replacement - no leaking since I had it packed away..

I got the mini but its been soaking for the past couple days - I plan on building the rba section this weekend and trying it out

Hey i didnt found the info I was looking for but i own a kanger subtank that i realy love the taste is amazing...

Only one thing its pissing juice every where. From the vent holes and from the bottom glass... Its anoying... The store offered me to swap it for a atlantis but i like my subtank..

At the store where i bought it were 3 on 3 thats having leaking problem. Kanger failed once again on that side lol

Thanks!
I've got the same issue unfortunately. I did find a potential remedy to the problem.

I don't want to insult anyone's intelligence, but make sure that The seal is in propper position. By this, be sure that the rounded side is facing up, as this provides a superior seal. When I got my subtank in the mail, the o-ring was actually upside down! Otherwise you may experience your glass tube actually turning. Hopefully this helps!

TheGodZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've got the same issue unfortunately. I did find a potential remedy to the problem.

I don't want to insult anyone's intelligence, but make sure that The seal is in propper position. By this, be sure that the rounded side is facing up, as this provides a superior seal. When I got my subtank in the mail, the o-ring was actually upside down! Otherwise you may experience your glass tube actually turning. Hopefully this helps!
Hehe this solution wasnt mine it didnt work. I might get a mini tho they seems prety good

Vape99

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My Nano is leaking and I think its coming from the threads between the airhole-pole and the coil housing. I do prefer the taste over the Atalntis but I wont keep my Kanger in my pocket, only use it at home. The vent holes pool up no matter what I do to this thing. I was thinkng about contacting Knager about it but that will take forever. Its a certain design flaw, especially since its trying to compete against the Atlantis right now. A huge minus for me and design flaw.

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Are you sure it's from the vent holes? I thought so at first but upon closer inspection it's really from the opening right underneath the glass. It's like the bottom red o-ring inside the tank is letting juice get pass it to the bottom of the pyrex cylinder. Then the juice escapes due to pressure.

I highlighted where it's coming from on mine in yellow.

View attachment 12414

My friend and I both got the first subtank a week after it came out from vapor beast out of the box his was leaking and mine was not. Just yesterday he was filling his and I asked to see the base and therr was no washer in the groove and there has not been one since he got the thing. I was able to hand over mine cuz my subtank base is shot and the only place they sell replacement bases is the UK but by the time I pay Shipping I can buy a whole new subtank so if anyone knows a us vendor who sells those I am all in. I'm guessing the missing washer/ring is another case of kanger's stellar quality control.

I used PTA tape on the threads underneath occ tank and RBA this stopped leaking from to of vent ring ,
In fact use it on all threads ...no leaking now !

I appreciate all of the replies guys, this is actually a huge help. I contacted KangerTech to find out what I can do about this so that I can get an official answer straight from the company. Thanks for the suggestions though! I might try a few.

JB-VA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine is more seeping than leaking. It seeps from the bottom of the glass. I put a vape band on it, and all that did was soak the band, making for a sticky grip.
I took it apart today and noticed that the glass edge (that I had on the bottom) is not flat. If I put it on a flat surface, I can rock it like a stool with a short leg. I'm going to try flipping it with the less-than-level edge on the top. And keep it upright.
I also found the coil keeps a lot of leftover juice even after soaking in grain alcohol. As it happens I had a darker juice in it. I could smell the juice after soaking (over the alcohol, no less). So I wrapped a dry lens wipe around it and blew it out through the top. Wow, there a bunch of juice tainted fluid. Lens wipes are good for cleaning the glass tank without leaving lint. (I soaked the band, too but I think it's a lost cause.)

LimeB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine do this too. Covered my mobile phone in juice at work the other day.

Rucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have noticed a lot of vendors are selling complete o ring kits for the subtanks now. I am so thankful to this post as I will be ordering a KBox and a Subtank plus this weekend and now be proactive and order the o ring kit as well. This will be my first mod experience and I hope it is a good one. Would anyone be able to tell me what to expect as far as juice usage, I am presently using a protank 3 and go through a tank sometimes tank and a half a day. Just want to get an idea of what to expect. I have had some issues with leaking with my protank 3 mini and it was the washers, glass cracked not long after and I got the full size protank and have been happy ever since. Looking forward to the upgrade though!!

Rucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks will do. I have seen his posts and hopeful maybe he will come up with a deal when the cash is ready. Fingers crossed!

Vape The Snake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The subtank comes with different O-rings, mine had red ones on as standard but it comes with black ones which i am going to change to

I've got both the original sub tank,and the mini. The original leaks at the base of the glass,the mini has never had a problem at all! The Teflon tape "cured" the seeping around the bottom of the glass!

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use thick ass juice, and I vape 18mg, so I don't hit it much. I usually don't have leaving issues, unless I leave in my pocket for too long...

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had a few problems with my Subtank Mini leaking through the Air Holes last week. I stopped filling the tank all the way to the top and tightened the OCC coil more. I have not had a single leak since.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My turn to vent...
I have purchased 3 Kanger Sub Tank Plus
2 leak and 1 does not!
I am ready to throw these until they shatter into pieces!
They be leaking from the airholes and it is starting to really be annoying.
I have tried swapping out the seals and it still leaks. This seems like a serious design flaw.

Edit:
I did just come across this...
The metal tube in the center of this Clearomizer leads from the mouthpiece to the battery end. Avoid getting liquid in this tube when filling theSubtank. Allowing too much liquid to enter this tube can flood the atomizer and cause a leak through the bottom of the tank or liquid through the mouthpiece. If the atomizer head is not tightened securely to the base, excess liquid may also leak through the bottom and out of your tank. All parts must be assembled securely to ensure that there is no leakage through the glass, the atomizer head, or the base. Please ensure that all o-rings/seals are seated properly as well.

If your Kanger Subtank is leaking, it is more than likely the issue is with the OCC coil. We've found that some Subtank OCC coils do not have enough cotton in them to prevent the liquid inside of the tank from slowly seeping out through the center tube and the airflow holes. This type of slow leakage is a common issue with Clearomizers. However, the OCC coils are one of the few coils that can be easily modified because of the large opening and horizontal coil.

The solution is simple: stuff the coil with more cotton. Here's how:
Source: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Kanger-Subtank-Leak-Troubleshooting-s/331.htm
kanger-subtank-leak.jpg

Het

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I installed one of the factory pre-built coils the other day, and it leaked all the juice out. I took it all apart, and put it back together, and it leaked again. I then put the buildable deck on it, threw a coil on it, and it hasn't leaked since.

My turn to vent...
I have purchased 3 Kanger Sub Tank Plus
2 leak and 1 does not!
I am ready to throw these until they shatter into pieces!
They be leaking from the airholes and it is starting to really be annoying.
I have tried swapping out the seals and it still leaks. This seems like a serious design flaw.

Edit:
I did just come across this...

Source: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Kanger-Subtank-Leak-Troubleshooting-s/331.htm
kanger-subtank-leak.jpg
Sir You are a lifesaver I have tried the "add extra cotton" method with prebuilt and RBA's worked like a champ no leaks for quite some time now...the fix action for me was not enough cotton

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you fixed your issue! I've had three of these for many months now, and they all leak from what appears to be the 510 connection at the base. Also occasionally they seep from the orings (top and bottom) even though I've changed all the o rings. Makes no sense, because they worked fine for months, but now all three of them are unreliable.

Glad you fixed your issue! I've had three of these for many months now, and they all leak from what appears to be the 510 connection at the base. Also occasionally they seep from the orings (top and bottom) even though I've changed all the o rings. Makes no sense, because they worked fine for months, but now all three of them are unreliable.
I did order some replacement o rings just changed the bottom I also drilled out the RBA to match the prebuilt got rid of the burnt taste with the thicker VG...

mrmoodz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, you should try the v2 subtank coils. They are vertical and I haven't experienced any leaking so far.

Had my Subtank mini for 3 days now and it does leak from the airflows, with the OCstock coils and the RTAs I make. I will try adding more cotton next time to see if that solves the issue. I'm so disappointed in Kanger for not doing a recall or atleast offering better Orings. Meh... I guess nothing is perfect.

Last edited:
I want to thank @j3rian for his research...this has fixed my issue...i appreciate you sharing...i have reunited with my Kanger Subtank v2

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Hey i didnt found the info I was looking for but i own a kanger subtank that i realy love the taste is amazing...

Only one thing its pissing juice every where. From the vent holes and from the bottom glass... Its anoying... The store offered me to swap it for a atlantis but i like my subtank..

At the store where i bought it were 3 on 3 thats having leaking problem. Kanger failed once again on that side lol

Thanks!

I have had this problem from purchase date and have gone back and complained to my local shop numerous times they've put on new rings, top and bottom, tightened the screws, che k the ball bearing in the airflow vent, put a new prebuilt coil on...NONE of this has worked! And i have lost at least $100 alone in juice, time and gas... No I'm NOT adding after market parts or a bandaid on an expensive item i purchased in good faith....like any other defective item I want a new one that actually does NOT leak AND a credit OR my money back...

TheGodZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have had this problem from purchase date and have gone back and complained to my local shop numerous times they've put on new rings, top and bottom, tightened the screws, che k the ball bearing in the airflow vent, put a new prebuilt coil on...NONE of this has worked! And i have lost at least $100 alone in juice, time and gas... No I'm NOT adding after market parts or a bandaid on an expensive item i purchased in good faith....like any other defective item I want a new one that actually does NOT leak AND a credit OR my money back...
Yeah well. My local. Store refunded me haha i have a nano and works fine!

VU Sponsors