Late Night in DIYland, take II

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Claire! Long time, no see. How have you been?

Cheers,
Steve

Heey! Just spent a long weekend with my 32 yr old son and his new girl. He drove from nj to visit me and my mom in ATL.

Had a good vacation in june. Went to Cape cod Massachusetts. My old stomping grounds.

I keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Hope you're enjoying your summer?

Professor Snape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm usually up until 2, but I have to MAKE myself go to bed because the rest of the world (and this household) are "day" people.
Just got done mixing up all the juices for next month ... (I'm always a month ahead of myself)
Easy to do when the rest of the house has crashed :D

To me, the saline really makes a difference in the fruits.

Right now, I'm liking the HS tobaccos a lot.
Vaping on the HS Desert Ship right now, and their version puts all the other company's to shame....Yummy
You should try their "Highway" .. another yummy
That makes about 4 HS tobaccos that have gone into the "keeper" file so far... (still testing)
I also like a lot of FA's tobacco's and a couple of others, but HS is hard to beat when it comes to the tobacco's.
Glad I dropped by tonight, most of what I mix has a tobacco base with mostly FA tobacco flavors, but I will certainly give HS a try. Thanks for the tip!

Professor Snape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried using the saline, but I didn't find any difference. I think I should divvy up a mix, add saline to one and see which is best. This would probably be a more accurate way of testing instead of just adding it randomly.

I vape mostly tobaccos, but I just didn't get that wow.

I heard that it kept the throat soothed. That's why I originally tried it.
Have you tried .5% - 1% apple cider vinegar with your tobacco recipes? It's supposed to make tobacco flavors pop, I tried it but can't say I tasted much of a difference. Of course my taste buds are pretty much shot.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got regular kroger brand white vinegar is that okay to use with the fruits like fa apple?
Running low on fuji and don't have a $100 flavor order yet:(

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I never got any benefit from using vinegar. None at all. What I had was Apple Cider Vinegar.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the past I've tried adding a drop or 2 of lemon juice (think real lemon) to fruit mixes to make them pop. It's been awhile since I've tried that though

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
LOL I think I tried that, too. Another that I saw no benefit from. I'll add saline to the list while I'm at it. I no longer worry with additives. Why vape 'em if they don't do anything?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed and If by some miracle they worked, i figure if I have to add all that stuff to make a flavor palatable, then maybe I should just use a different flavor lol :p

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes maam:) its just a weaker flavor to me. I've tried using tfa and lorann apple with the fa to get a well rounded apple flavor but haven't nailed anything yet.

My favorite apple has been fuji apple at 2% with fa apple at 4% and .5% fa peach to make the flavors pop out.

Professor Snape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Back when we were discussing flavor enhancements like saline and vinegar. My understanding is that saline makes fruit flavors pop, and apple cider vinegar makes tobacco flavors pop. I've only tried apple cider vinegar and can't say the result was overwhelming. Now where did I put that oil of bat liver?

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Huck. I don't have either of those flavors pear is on my next order list. Might add the white grape to as it sound delish with some mild carmel flavor (another i have to order) and a touch of honey for sweetness.

Another question before i order/mix with it. Is white grape tart?

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The tart/sour flavors I've tried I've really liked but i also really like fruits that are slightly sweet. Im like a sour patch kid. Sour sweet gone rinse repeat:cool:

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What I have experienced with Apple Cider Vinegar in my tobacco mixes.....

For me it does absolutely nothing for taste, ( Unless you over do it ! )
But what it does do is make my perception of certain flavors "different".
One drop to 10ml and a few tokes in I feel a moistness in my sinuses...... I believe this is the vinegar doing what it does.
It helps in dry mixes, and has made some flavors just taste odd !

Still use it in mixes where I feel its needed, but it aint no magic wand...... dont expect miracles.

Just MHO...............

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone else still up mixing? Just made up 45 mls of TFA vanilla custard at 10% in 30/70 pg/vg. Might use the 15 ml as a base and add FA lemon sicily at 3% and 1% TFA coconut because I'm strange like that.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone else still up mixing? Just made up 45 mls of TFA vanilla custard at 10% in 30/70 pg/vg. Might use the 15 ml as a base and add FA lemon sicily at 3% and 1% TFA coconut because I'm strange like that.

Sounds good to me! :)

How did it turn out?

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just now awoke and pulled this out.
Its a damn good mix but needs something else.
TFA vanilla custard 10%
Fa lemon sicily 3%
Tfa coconut 2%

Taste really good but i am lookin for more creamy of a vape with this.
Thinking of adding lorann bavarian cream at 1% but then i have to steep it for a good bit to be a vapeable flavor for me.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yet another flavor to add to my list before my order goes out:) i love you guys. My wallet.. not so much haha

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like to use tfa vanilla swirl to add cream flavor. I did use tfa marshmallow in a marshmallow cream thing I was working on. It was full. I really liked it. I did use a lot so it was marshmallowy too.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After playing around with creams all day today and really not getting anywhere, I threw some FA Lemon Sicily 4%, FA Bergamot 2%, TFA Sweettart 1%, and TFA Sour 0.5% together for a change and it mostly worked. At least it got creams and nuts off of my mind. I have no idea how it will age, but it wasn't meant to anyway. Try it if you wish.

On another note, I finished reading all the posts here, and I have to say you all are delightfully entertaining people. I'll leave it to you to decide if that is a complement or a slur. :) Now I need to find another long thread to read on the bus to and from work.
A man after my own heart, since my heart is so tart. Thanks Caddisfly, giving this baby a Go!

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone been binge watching anything good?

I changed debit cards and let my Netflix expire. They don't have option to put account on hold anymore.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone been binge watching anything good?

I changed debit cards and let my Netflix expire. They don't have option to put account on hold anymore.

College and Pro Football (The Lions don't count lol) and the Red Wings regular season starts next Friday :)

Just messing around Claire. How are you doing?

Cheers,
Steve

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
College and Pro Football (The Lions don't count lol) and the Red Wings regular season starts next Friday :)

Just messing around Claire. How are you doing?

Cheers,
Steve

Hey steve! You been doing anything fun these days?

Wish I can watch boston bruins without paying for extra sports channels. No such thing as hockey in ATL. When I was in boston I would attend a lot of games. Would get tickets from a cousin who is sports agent.

Lots of work lately. Which is good. Self employment is either feast or famine.

Think I need wings myself. Duck wings that is with all the rain we been getting!

Next weekend I have a wedding to attend. Bah hum bug! Weddings on any large scale are completely out of hand these days.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, we HAD a hockey team ... crappy ownership and management doomed it unfortunately. :(

I moved to the area Dec. 2005. Went to a hockey game in 2006. It was ok but not the same as Boston.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went and watched the Wings play the Coyotes when I was living in Mesa. It was definitely not the same. I went in wearing shorts and my Yzerman jersey. Froze my ass off inside. Come out after the game and it's still in the 90s. Was never so glad to get out of a game in my life lmao. They have some serious AC in Arizona. Not quite the same as going to The Joe!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On second thought. It was sort of like going to Joe. There were more Wings jerseys in the crowd and more cheering when the Wings scored. Not to mention the Lets Go Red Wings chants. I'm not kidding, it felt like a home game :D

Cheers,
Steve

VU Sponsors